Revolvers are obsolete and have been for over 100 years...

Revolvers are obsolete and have been for over 100 years. (there's a reason the military switched to semi-autos as early as the 1900s). Doubly so since the 1980s and the rise of wonder nines.

Capacity matters and why would you ever limit yourself to just 6-7 rounds and slow reloads?

Attached: 357 4 inch 586.jpg (500x500, 15K)

because I enjoy feeling like dirty harry

>Capacity matters and why would you ever limit yourself to just 6-7 rounds and slow reloads?
I don't limit myself to 6 or 7. My revolver only carries 5. Besides if you only carry wonder 9's your kind of a tacticool fudd. There are other guns in the world, sorry you're not good enough with one to risk your life with something different once in a while. It must take some serious autism to stick to one gun your entire life.

>Muh slow reloads
Safariland speedloaders or moonclips you troglodyte.
>Capacity matters
Yes, it does. Hitting matters more. I shoot revolvers more accurately than I do most autoloaders. Fuck off.

Auto loading handguns and revolvers have their ups and downs.

Mainly it's just a matter of who likes which more.

Attached: 1527285978435.jpg (504x720, 61K)

Try playing Russian Roulette with an autmomatic pistol your fucking faggot.

Yeah, semi autos are great, but I can’t shoot magnum rounds out of them reliably.
Also, where’s my .45-70 semi auto?

Good enough for GIGN, good enough for me

so they can survive being dropped?

Well they were considering the Sig 320, but it went downhill after Pierre shot himself in the foot during surrender training

>drop ur shell casings everywhere

as long as there are real men, there will be revolvers.

Why do you care what I do?

Military operates at the lowest common denominator. They suppress and call in airstrikes.
So using the military as a strawman is not an argument.
Guns are tools, personal protection is never the same as military suppression.
Anyway why do you even care? Are you selling autos? or is it just your paper thin ego?

Sad to say, but GIGN uses Glocks these days.
It's probably because their area of responsibility has turned into Somalia.

Attached: 1493321620465.jpg (1200x798, 677K)

>why would you ever limit yourself to just 6-7 rounds and slow reloads?
Because I usually don't come under attack by a bunch of terrorists when I'm at the range.

Wheelguns are just cooler than shitty Glocks. I'd carry a 1911, but they're not that practical for a CCW either.

Revolvers are cool, and I enjoy shooting them more.

I have no problem relying on 5-6 rounds of .38 (plus speedloaders) for defense.

>Capacity matters
Citation required. Just about every stat for civilian involved shootings shows that this simply isn't the case.

They still have a niche, magnum calibers that manlets like OP can’t handle

It matters a lot when you're using a marginal caliber like 9mm.

>this fucking thread again

nope, even 9 millimemer only averages like 2.5 rounds fired to stop somebody.

Revolvers make sense in their biggest and smallest forms. 44 mag and up for hunting and bear protection, 5 shot 38s for relative superior reliability and stopping power compared to 380 semi auto pocket guns

Not to mention just range guns for which revolvers are excellent

>tacticool fudd
Nice buzzwords

This fucking thread AGAIN...

For real , where did this meme start ? Didnt the french fight to their last men in ww1?

>say 9mm is better than .45
>defend .3 fiddy 7 maggie and revolvers whose only staying power is "magnum" rounds

I don't get u Jow Forums

you said it yourself. the world wars killed the manliness from the french gene pool. thus we are left with neomarxist, postmodernist, hipsters all in france.

>limit yourself to just 6-7 rounds
>he doesn't carry a 5 shot .44
>mfw

Attached: original.gif (500x271, 1.99M)

>everyone on a board is the same person

Attached: 1517792629704.png (645x729, 105K)

6 rounds.

more than enough to kill anything that moves.

remember, handsguns are weapons you use when you don't have a rifle or shotgun. so if i'm expecting multiple guys i'll be using a long gun.

Attached: f752dee02e3558cbc871a9f31eb387e5--christmas-ad-vintage-christmas.jpg (700x980, 141K)

>Revolvers are obsolete
No, they are just more niche. Revolvers can fire significantly more powerful rounds than a semi-auto pistol. 357mag is just a hair stronger than even the hottest 10mm out there. And of course 357 is mid-sized for a revolver, things like 41mag, 44mag, 454c, 460mag, 500S&W, and bigger. Great for hunting, or for when you need a very powerful round.

>Revolvers can fire significantly more powerful rounds than a semi-auto pistol.
wrong. it's that a revolver action doesn't need to feed, extract and eject a long ass magnum case.

Let's just pretend that you aren't a raging faggot and you are correct. Are you really that much of either a manlet or a poorfag that you wouldn't want to have variety in your collection? Or are you scum level poorfag and dont even have a collection?

Also, revolvers can fire a greater variety of ammo types without worrying about fucking up a gas system or not having enough charge to safely chamber the next round.

People who make these threads don't even have guns.

So what's the story with Quebec then? Haven't they always been pretentious Marxists? Or was that only after they drove the Acadians out?

They're just going against the grain at every possible occasion because of their special snowflake syndrome relating to the other provinces. There are pinkos but they're mostly in the upper middle class areas of Montreal.
t. quebecfag

The GIGN and RAID still use the MR-73 alongside their Semis

>tacticool
>fudd

I carry a Glock 20 so I have rounds that are nearly as fast and powerful as a .357 with none of the drawbacks of low capacity and slower reloads. I live in bear country also so its the best of both worlds.

Attached: 1526501511147.gif (250x208, 990K)

I want to pet his belly

Magnums are not an argument in favor of revolvers

The vast majority of people who carry a revolver for self-defense carry a .38

I love bears, I would be upset if I ever had to shoot one in self defense.

It's only relevant if you think there's a legitimate chance you might get attacked by a bear and you need something with retarded foot pounds like .454 Casull or something comparable.

If you're worried about animals, you really should be packing a rifle

While I agree with the principle carrying a rifle everywhere can be kind of awkward.

Don't they still issue revolvers to recruits and higher? I thought only their best operators could use auto loading handguns.

Truly one of the best gifs of all time

>guns are only for maximum tactical benefit in a life threatening situation

Attached: images (1).jpg (208x242, 6K)

I thought 10mm was roughly equivalent to .41 magnum?

If I need to use my pistol in self defense I should be able to stop a human threat in 6 shots. If I can’t, I need to work on accuracy.

Only because most people who carry revolvers for self-defense carry airweight J-frames because they're pussies who can't handle the size and weight of a real gun.

Cute!

Attached: 1453351672183.png (420x455, 81K)

You need to remember that when you are under huge stress and your survival instincts override higher thinking for a lot of people your fine motor skills just get fucked. If you can have a gun with the same size but more capacity there are almost no downsides to that. While it isn't directly comparable when the ACR program was happening in 1986 the reason for it was that under stress a soldiers ability to make hits drops by like 70% or something in combat.

>I thought 10mm was roughly equivalent to .41 magnum?
Holy fuck m8. I have never seen commercial 10mm exceed the 802ft-lb of 357, let alone the over 1100ft-lb of .41 mag.

Attached: muh revolvers.png (1877x651, 345K)

Revolvers excel at fending off hobos.

Attached: Fear no tramp.jpg (640x458, 201K)

Revolvers just work. If you have a failure you just pull the trigger again. No safeties to forget in a self defense moment.

No really. Mall ninja doesn't fit the tacticool crowd that's super serial about it. Someone really needs to coin a new phrase over this hyper specific autism sector of shit posters that come up with a million and one different excuses why 9mm is the best, it's like the leading cause of why anti-2a people hate high capacity firearms. They think if a handgun could do that, a rifle is worse. Then you get stuck with retarded shit with capacity limits. Maybe I'm over - reacting and the anti-gun crowd is just targeting specific gun makers like the ring of fire or keltec, but the stuff we do really contributes to what those companies are trying to sell.

The only firearms that are legitimately obsolete are muzzleloaders. Revolvers are still perfectly fine guns

Makes collecting brass for reloading easier

Key phrase “higher order thinking”. Shooting in defense should be instinctual, and this ability can be established through practice. I’d rather have 6 shots I can place on target than 15 that I can’t. This isn’t a combat scenario, it is a defense scenario against 1 or maybe 2 attackers.

Or maybe some people should learn what "fudd" means before using it

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: stop_liking_what_i_dont_like.jpg (400x350, 43K)

>a 124gr projectile going at 1200-1250 fps = a 125gr projectile going at 1600-1700 fps
What are you even on about?

revolvers are accurate, powerful, easy to maintain and they have A E S T H I T I C
fuck anyone who says otherwise, and fuck off if you care what other people like
/thread

> Someone really needs to coin a new phrase over this hyper specific autism sector of shit posters that come up with a million and one different excuses why 9mm is the best
I like to call them 9mm apologists. they go on and on about how all the downsides of 9mm are really illusory or totally not a big deal but the minuscule benefits it offers over other calibers are of massive importance and render every other round the obsolete tool of boomers and fudds. You can usually spot them by their selective quoting and often misquoting of ballistics experts and obsessions with capacity and follow up times.

Revolvers are capable of holding significantly more powerful loadings than what will comfortably fit in a handgun. I cc a 9mm day to day, but when I'm hunting I carry a .357 magnum with me as I'm more worried about defending myself from creatures of the 4 legged variety.

Attached: revolvers 4chanres.png (994x3008, 3.83M)

>stick to one gun your entire life.
Oh, no, he upgrades every time Gaston says to. Gotta have that perfection.

Attached: CUCK_PERFECTION.png (248x189, 7K)

Bolt guns are 99% obsolete; fight me.

Attached: 1401461327399.jpg (477x347, 21K)

that'd be so dope, waving that shit around like some medieval flail.

cocking it must be hard as fuck to do---i imagine it takes a bit of work to move that chain up

I dunno man, I'm a pretty big fan of Caston Clock, the Gen 5s look pretty good anyway.

Attached: C36.jpg (1650x1650, 133K)

No, full-power 10mm is pretty much equivalent to .357 mag, with the caveat that it only comes in relatively heavy loads -- there's no equivalent to the 145gr and 158gr loads that made .357's reputation.

But a 180gr 10mm is pretty much the same as a 180gr .357, and the only .41 Magnum loads that 10mm comes close to are watered-down rounds for the recoil-averse who really should've bought a .357.

That is amazing advertising

TBF you also should consider sectional density which largely determines penetrating ability in external and terminal ballistics. Even 220gr 10mm has slightly worse SD than 180gr .357. in laymen's terms the surface area of the projectile is larger relative to mass with the .40, making it slow down quicker.

>with the .40 caliber bullet
oops

Yeah, you're absolutely right, but it just doesn't matter in most cases.

At handgun ranges, external ballistics don't matter. If you're actually shooting with a handgun at 50 yards or more, though, it starts being a valid argument for .357mag (or 9x25).
And with expanding bullets, the sectional density after expansion is what matters for terminal ballistics; modern .357 and 10mm bullets of similar mass, both intended for defense against humans, will be designed to expand to similar frontal area, and thus have similar sectional density once expanded. But with non-expanding rounds (e.g. for bear defense), or when considering penetration through barriers that won't expand the bullet, .357 definitely has an edge there.

Whats the story behind that zastava revolver?

>good enough for a third world country's government waste program, good enough for me
idiot

parlez that to mon visage, fucker, not en ligne and see what happens

Attached: 4dd14784dd9dc9d206ab3a7049d3c4bb.jpg (564x396, 36K)

>watered-down rounds
i.e., rounds loaded in accordance with Keith and Jordan's original vision for the cartridge

>modern .357 and 10mm bullets of similar mass, both intended for defense against humans, will be designed to expand to similar frontal area
Not in my experience. Frequently 10mm loadings of a given weight range use .40 S&W bullets that tend to over expand at higher 10mm velocities not to mention the larger starting diameter. Meanwhile .357 magnum bullets are actually designed for .357 magnum velocities and tend to expand a bit more conservatively. Of course im not trying to say that any .357 mag round will have a higher expanded diameter than any 10mm round or anything like that. Frankly my original point was largely aimed at non expanding 180gr rounds in both calibers, but the same is typically true of expanding ones as well..

I got it in 2016 from some dude off of backpage. Its one of the longest standing guns in my collection and it was $300 well spent.

>have a higher expanded diameter
expanded SD, fuck i need to proof read more.

Have a Beretta Cheetah 84 and .357 6 inch revolver. Beretta didn't fire the one day as I try to shoot as often as I can. Never had problem with the revolver. Was problem with the firing pin inside the pistol. I'm white South African farmer. Revolver wouldn't let you down when you need it. Shoots like a dream, only con is ammunition is expensive.

>I'm white South African farmer.
Stay proud and safe, Boer.

can someone explain the logic behind a revolver with a bipod and scope

Attached: 1444236674796.jpg (700x443, 91K)

Have you ever shot handguns before

why not just use a rifle though

Snap caps are a thing.

>Revolvers are obsolete
I hunt with mine. So I guess that makes you gay.

Attached: IMG_1876.jpg (1440x1080, 167K)

>6-7 rounds

Attached: Screenshot_20180701-175004.png (1440x846, 233K)

People hunt with matchlocks, bows, atlatls, and all other manner of obsolete weaponry.

But a revolver is not obsolete, it has strong advantages that other guns cannot match.

>.22 LR

Personally i would choose a revolver because it doesn't leave casings at the scene. Really i think it comes down to what you are using it for.

>Smokeless cartridges
>Puts holes in shit
>Some are burly enough to take down bears
How are they obsolete?

Not wanting 10 rounds of a caliber that is as good as .357

Attached: Fatalities-900x654.jpg (900x654, 65K)

9mm is a fine defensive round, personally I'm more worried about over penetration than anything. I would never use 357 for defense.