Bundeswher is going to replace their HK G-36 assault rifles

Bundeswher is going to replace their HK G-36 assault rifles.

And these two are the contenders to win the contract..

>HK 433

>Haenel MK556

What's the best choice in your opinion? Which one is superior and what are their differences?

Attached: 894.jpg (1233x1006, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/03/news-heckler-koch-hk433/
military.com/kitup/2018/01/05/m27s-and-head-toe-gear-overhaul-way-marine-grunts.html
taskandpurpose.com/marine-rifle-squad/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're both pretty dumb. HK's proprietary keymod-ish stuff is retarded. That quad rail is a decade out of date.

Why don’t they spend the money to refurbish the G36? Or create a new variant with a free float barrel? Far better option than dumping the whole rifle family with a new weapon that will have the same fucking performance of the G36.

Attached: 31F192B3-4717-4E29-BAD3-2964B3C8C089.png (592x509, 94K)

Why not just adopt the 416 like Norway and France?

>The most easily switchable feature on a rifle decides its usefulness
Not even worth replying, but I just know there will be several more people being mad about this.
The whole layout is outdated. HK probably wanted to modernize their portfolio with the 433, and I guess the old G36 are so worn out it doesn't matter anyway. Plus dumping the G36 allows everyone involved in the heat controversy to save face and act like this whole thing never happened.

>The most easily switchable feature
>Implying the BW is actually going to change anything about it

Because piston ARs are a meme, always were a meme and always will be a meme, even if german autism can make it work with enough money thrown at it.

>the whole layout is outdated
How? It comes with both a magnified optic and a reflex red dot as standard. Other than super duper special forces, I don’t see the need for quad rail picatinny’s everywhere for an infantry rifle
>heat controversy
The Germans have been using the G36a2 for a while now that have aluminum hand guards that fixed the heating problems for a while. Why swap it out with a rifle that fires the same round with a shorter barrel?

Attached: B05C0E29-1A89-429A-B71B-EF7427F312A9.jpg (800x450, 49K)

Non meme answer: because Bundeawehr think it's too expensive.

Whatever is the cheapest option.

Haenel ARs are also piston, but they seem to be cheaper than the ones made by HK. (at-least the civilian ones are)
The HK433 is HKs budget option.

Dead Bin Laden.

Checkmate.

How can a rifle that's already in mass-production be more expensive in the long run than some funky new shit like the 433.

>>Haenel MK556

The fuck is a Haenel?

SEETHING DI FAG

Attached: m27_cutaway.jpg (1103x630, 108K)

you guys know that in the procurement contract it says it needs to be able to use the propriatary HK AG36?

Sightline too high, charging handle needlessly ambidextrous.

>The fuck is a Haenel?
Company that continues to endure despite repeatedly shilling obsolete designs.

Attached: Paraguayan_M1909_CG_Haenel_export_rifle.jpg (864x310, 195K)

Newer =/= more expensive

>"We’re not trusted with any sort of price list yet, but reliable information says that the HK416 is too expensive for the German Army, but the HK433 would suit the budget much better. I am sure this goes for many other countries and their budgets too."

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/03/news-heckler-koch-hk433/

>sight line too high
For the magnified optic? It’s only slightly higher than a standard m16. Ambi charging handles can be annoying, but that has more to do with training. If you have a guy who is trained on a g36, he’ll reload as fast as a guy who is trained on an M4.

>The HK433 is HKs budget option.
Protip: Just because you spend extra money to make your gun fit into an AR15 body doesn't mean it's better. The extruded aluminium upper on the 433 is easier to make than the 416 one, simple as that. And I wouldn't be suprised if there's more things you can optimize against what's basically a 60 year old design. There's no reason to think the 433 is worse in any way than the 416... except at being an AR15.

Small manufacturer, made hunting rifles before deciding to get into that sweet AR15 market. They sold some rifles to german police, but not much more.

Have you seen the picture? They're both AR-type or AR-derived short stroke gas piston guns. They're practically identical function-wise. The only major differentiating features will therefore be related to rail attachements and minor ergonomic differences.

The A1 is still used, even on deployment, fren.

its a shit gun design to begin with

DI is proven though. If you're going to do an AR rifle you may as well just stick with DI because throwing a piston on an AR solves a problem that doesn't exist.

theyre gonna go with h&k simply because haenel is producing in the middle east while the h&k plant is right here in germany

Also lets be honest, the ar-18 genetics in that package are just too sexy

>quad rail

Attached: 2018.jpg (540x210, 22K)

DI is OK, but if there are advantages with piston in relation to short barreled rifles and suppressed guns, why not go piston? Instantly solves 2 problems that DI has.

The 433 is AR18 derived if anything. Besides that, I really don't see what you're trying to tell me.
>haenel is producing in the middle east
Sweety, they are ALSO producing in the middle east. If you think a german company will try to sell the german army rifles made in the middle east I don't know what to tell you.

They're gonna go with HK like they usually do, and they will do so with another contract with literally 0 downsides if they fail to deliver on time. Like they so often did.

>DI is proven
Proven to be abandoned by the Marines, a jolly bunch that normally take pride in using old but still reliable equipment.

I will continue to enjoy your asspain.

>Proven to be abandoned by the Marines
Proofs?
>I will continue to enjoy your asspain.
Asspain that what, DI is a proven weapon system and continues to be used while pistonfags continue to flounder?
>DI is g-gonna be done, a-any day now!
k

The problem with the G36 is that the barrel and optics sits on a polymer structure that can shift when the gun gets really hot. Free floating the barrel won't do shit when the entire receiver is polymer.

The HK433 is basically the same system but now with a aluminum upper and a lot of ergonomic changes inspired by the 416 and other modern rifles like the SCAR and ACR

If they were lazier they would just replace the g36's upper receiver but they are german so everything must be re-engineered from the ground up to ensure proper integration and function of components

Attached: 942F02C4-0A72-4B6A-9013-D769C5894E2D.jpg (1219x557, 110K)

Short-stroke pistons have the advantage of not getting as hot as fast, which, for an infantry rifle, really doesn't matter, because you're not carrying the squad automatic weapon.
It has the advantage of being somewhat easier to clean, but you don't really have to clean a "DI" gun much more often or anything.

The one big advantage is that when using a silencer, you don't get the increased back pressure coming back into your face from the ejection port, so it's kind of just a matter of comfort.
But, how often are your troops going to be running silencers, and really, how good is 5.56mm with a silencer anyway? Seems like a stupidly moot point.
This part might be appealing to spec-ops units, but they're a supreme minority so you could get them special guns anyway, and then you can get them in a snowflake caliber like .300BLK, which actually suppresses well.

>Not simply adding aluminum components into the plastic molding process to remove the melting issue

Fucking germans.

>DI is proven though
What kind of argument is this?
Black powder is also proven.

Muhreens are dumbasses, who knew.

> a jolly bunch that normally take pride in using old but still reliable equipment
Nigger, Marines jump on any opportunity to get newer stuff than the Army every time.

Have you been living under a rock? They've gone ahead with what everyone thought they were going to do and are now issuing the M27 as their new standard service rifle. Their new squad organization is going to reflect this too.

I just picked whatever first few results Google gave me but I'm sure you're capable of looking for more details.

military.com/kitup/2018/01/05/m27s-and-head-toe-gear-overhaul-way-marine-grunts.html
taskandpurpose.com/marine-rifle-squad/

>>Haenel MK556
Looks cooler

My uncle did stuff with american cars and he was astonished what kind of shoody manufacturing they had. No wonder you like buying german cars so much.

Former german Soldier here, some Thots:

>Why is the G36 being replaced
The Scandal, and it's a solution where the Bw can still replace the G36 while it's not a loss for Hühnchen & Kuh. The G36 itself has a lot of downsides. Bulky, high rail, polymer bedded barrel, which stem from it's age. It's a good gun, but outdated. And proprietary mags. Why not the HK416? No G36 Ergonomics, expensive super special metals, etc...
>What about the HK433?
I just love the Concept. G36 ergonomics, HK416 G36 derived System, extractable and foldable Stock that looks like a combat Boot instead of an Ugg Boot, HK Slap approved, Stanag-Mag-Compatibility, but I don't got my hands on one yet.
>Haenel MK556
It's an outdated, piston driven AR-15, and has the disadvantage of big training differences with the Controls, compared to the G36 and the HK433. Metal feels okay, but not as high quality as the MR223 I once shot.

Side folders are stupid.

They should just go with the Colt M4 rather than try to reinvent the wheel.

>No wonder you like buying german cars so much.

Who the fuck are you talking to? I drive a Toyota, you fucking loser.

Also I am 5th generation removed from the Fatherland so schleiss den mund, sheissekopf.

Attached: TacomaWinter1.jpg (2048x1536, 750K)

The M27 IAR is a replacement to the M249 SAW, nothing more.

>Colt
>not FN

>5th generation
>Abrade your mouth
I can tell.

>I can tell.

Attached: FreeTheShitOutofYou.png (600x480, 94K)

>pointless shit
vs
>pointless shit

>Black powder is also proven
What kind of argument is this?
DI has been used for decades and it has been refined to the point where it is the most popular and ubiquitous rifle in history. DI is so shit that other countries SOF are dropping their proprietary piston driven rifles and adopting M4 type rifles. Big Think...

They're replacing the SAW with the M27.

>They're replacing the SAW with the M27.
Uh, the thing I read said the M27 was going as a DMR of some kind.

You already did that and we're very grateful. Now just accept our engineering superiority and we can get back to having a fruitful business relationship.

the haenel ARs are the german rebrand version of some saudi arabian company. Haenel provides EU support and marketing / selling etc.
I do not think that the BW will adopt a rifle that is not produced in germany and is made by some saudis who may or may not be our allies

stop being a brainlet, sweety

>keymod
>pic rail where hand actually goes negating the advantage of shitty keymod
>slant vent's because sci fi style
>14.5 inch barrel for 5.56

Attached: 1525590580383.jpg (383x455, 16K)

>You already did that and we're very grateful.

Then why the fuck is that cunt Merkel still running shit? Get her out.

It's accurate enough to be a DMR. It's tough enough to be an IAR. So then they did the logical thing.

Attached: Bazooper.jpg (500x741, 93K)

Should just have bought Polish, desu

Attached: IMG_20171016_235841.jpg (1372x3412, 1.27M)

Americans taught us that being free means being nice to everyone, so we're nice to muslims coming here. Is that a problem? You do know we're autistic, right?

Its a bureaucratic process, it takes time. We're working on it.

Are there M-lok mounts for optics? something that can be taken on and off while always maintaining zero would be pretty cool.

small german company with pretty long history
schmeisser used to work at haenel

>schmeisser
Who?

Thats an American truck and you know it.

>Built in Texas and outruns shitty Mexi-built Fords
Oh, I know.

no-guns detected
the guy that made the mp40 and the stg 44

>the guy that made the mp40 and the stg 44
so two trash guns and that's it?

>> Takes the one thing you dont have.

Time for Franz to get the flamenwaffen

Attached: 1530288361380.png (575x767, 504K)

meant to reply to this with this

Sorry that was sum shitty bait on my part. I'll recompense you with burger tits.

>Inb4 autistic rage
It's possible that Schmeisser had a role in the AK's life as well. Not directly, but through whatever he might have known of stamped steel manufacturing.

Attached: MesmerizingPatriotism.gif (400x288, 1.12M)

does that mean we'll get some G-36 parts kits in america!?!?

>second best/best submachine gun of ww2
>first assault rifle
he also desinged the mp18 the fist smg to be fieldet in large numbers
has met kalashnikov, is rumored to habe helped in the design of the ak47
he archevied more than you ever will

Why can't Hk just put M-lock on their new gun and instead have to go and make up their own shitty version of Keymod?

hadnt read your post jet
ill recompemse you with teutonic tits

HK made up HKey when Keymod was all the rage, they can't rightly admit they bet on the wrong horse now. Also, german companies are a bit conservative when it comes to stuff like this, see the quadrails on the other gun.

Why would they when they can just charge the goyim $500 for a rail section.

here they are

Neuschwuchtel.

ich weiss nicht wie es vom handy aus geht, lieg grade im zelt mitten im wald

Piston AR's are dumb. Less accuracy, more moving parts, and more weight for what? Because the bald jew on the history channel said HURR MUH SEALS!?

This, they just don't get as many opportunities to get new shit than the army, but when they aren't busy bitching about how all their shit is old and broken, killing puppies, or terrorizing Okinawans. They're begging Congress/The Navy for new stuff. To be fair by the time they get it, they have needed it for a while.

Pretty much everyone over here has learned French in school (except for the dips that picked Latin because thats relevant how? idk either) so that'd be no biggie desu

And a rifle don't care what language its users speaks anyway [spoiler]unless they're AKs in which case Russian is preferable[/spoiler]

The M27 IAR isnt the new DMR. The new DMR is based on the M27 and is also being made by HK though, its some sort of accursed version with better glass on it.

>Not keeping the G36 and simply use better materials
Nigger what are you doing?

>>Not keeping the G36 and simply use better materials
G36 was cheap trash from the beginning

>Learning french
A meme. They talk so fast you won't understand them, they will be insulted by your french ten years out of school, and nothing of value is written in french. Learn latin and you understand fancy phrases, italian and spanish (to a degree).

>What's the best choice in your opinion? Which one is superior and what are their differences?

Here is my opinion as a combat veteran. Those stupid holes in that rail are dirt traps, the sights are designed to break off. The weapons fire an anaemic cartridge and the barrels are to short., both design look fragile, gimmicy, breakable and suitable more for a video game than a muddy field.

>less accuracy
[citation needed]

Also as has been clearly stated in the thread, not having the eats-where-poops DI system means less cleaning necessary and potentially more reliability in field conditions.
Don't get me wrong, I love my AR and I wouldn't want a piston in it either, but I'm also the kind of person (and shooter) that can and will take an hour or so after every couple hundred rounds and go ahead and fieldstrip and clean and polish and oil my gun. But you gotta realize that thats not a thing you might be able to do when you're out in the countryside in the ass end of Buttfuckistan (why do we have troops there anyway? Because Bush said someone there might have WMDs?).

The piston is a non-inline moving part, if does affect barrel harmonics. See: why every semi auto target shooter uses AR pattern rifles.

Hugo Schmeisser didn't design the MP40, the only thing he had in relation to it was that he owned one of the factories which manufactured them.
Heinrich Vollmer designed the MP40

Ich bin ein Berliner

>4th biggest GDP in the world (falling because Germans are dying out and refugees), not allowed to have over 180.000 troops
>Hurr to expensive but refugees aren't
The absolute state of this country.

>semi auto target shooter
well there's a contradiction in terms for rifle

yumm yumm.

Attached: 993659-960x720-berliner.jpg (960x720, 167K)

>Buy a worse rifle for a higher price because it looks like an AR!

What are you talkin about? They should redesign the G36 and use it instead or go back to 7,62 but yeah bad idea, only söyboys go to the Bundeswehr because Leyen uses all her budget to hunt soldiers with nationalist intentions.

>redesign the G36
Sweety, what do you think is the 433.

Also, no. HK will be trying to sell this rifle to people beyond the german army, people who don't fall for the piston AR meme (dumb frogs lol) and like something modern. German army budget concerns did not factor into this design.

Boi Imma have to go full Ian on your ass.

>They talk so fast you won't understand them,
Git gud, scrub. Listen to TV or maybe RTL shortwave, or maybe go to the country and live there. You'll learn fast.
>they will be insulted by your french ten years out of school
Git. Gud.
Also they'd be insulted just as much by you trying to speak any other language (because in their mind French is clearly the best language of all, why should THEY bother learning another one just for YOUR convenience?). Have you ever tried speaking English, to a Frog? Good luck.
>and nothing of value is written in french.
Pleb detected, have you never heard of the renaissance? Thats a whole fucking era of literature. To drop a name, Voltaire maybe? Or for something more modern, Foucault?
Or did you mean, TODAY, nothing of """value""" is written in French? Thats solely because English is so retardedly easy to learn.
>Learn latin and you understand fancy phrases, italian and spanish (to a degree).
Yeah great, but you can speak neither of those. Like, not at all. Unlike with French, where you can understand all three just as good (or even better), and communicate with others in the most relevant of them.

Unless you're going to be a (christian) theologist, a historian or maaaybe a linguist, learning Latin has zero purpose.

>Spend time practicing a language I use once every decade on vacation
>Implying I'm a literature professor