Are you investing some money in Military surplus firearms?

IraqVeteran8888/Eric on YouTube telling people to invest in the following guns because values are rising as they become more rare:
1. Swiss K31
2. Martini Henry
3. Finnish M39
4. Bulgarian Makarov pistols
5. Yugoslavian SKS

Are these the best mil surps to invest in?

Attached: 6594F5DE-0E74-409D-AE16-329B1FC9538B.jpg (1536x844, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever Iraqveteran88, Forgotten Weapons and C&Rsenal are *about* to review.

Attached: tmp_26575-Dr Strangelove 597317923.jpg (1036x1059, 115K)

>firearms
>invest
outside of rare exceptions, firearms have only gone up in value because FDR was a communist nigger and made it so that he and other (((leftists))) could cause inflation.

That is to say the nominal value has increased, however the value in real dollars has typically decreased or not changed.

every time these fags make a video on it they get that much rarer. stop doing that and let the secret caches be. i want my kids to go to fucking college

I don't know why, but I hate IraqVeteran8888. He's just such a fag, and I can't place it.

That’s not true for example a surplus Walther p1 was $300 in 2012. Now they are $500+..same with the Swiss k31

Investing in any gun that your not viewing as a tool seems kinda stupid now as the gun market is in a bad idea.
Milsurp market - based on demand, which is shrinking as time progresses and modern guns get cheaper, some use ammo so weird it might not have been mass produced in decades.
Machine gun- there's always the small chance the Supreme Court could make machine guns legal again through reinterpretation of a sentence, making your 50 year old m-16 a curio and decreasing its worth by 99.99% after it becomes legal to make TiNi coated auto sears with punisher skulls engraved into them.
Weird weapons - only thing worth money really, street sweepers, gyrojets, and other shit that produces fanboys the second they read a Wikipedia article and the amounts aren't artificially limited are the only things of guaranteed worth.

I might be a little cynical but I think iraqvet might have already "invested" in these rifles and are trying to get people to liquidate his shit.

Attached: IMG_1391.gif (500x200, 1014K)

fuck no. military surplus rifles fucking suck.

>i want my kids to go to fucking college
That's fucking stupid. You can teach your child all of aerospace, mechanical, and chemical engineering easily by the time they're 16. The books are readily available online.
Teach them a trade like welding along the way, and then they're set for anything.

Spending lots of money on college is for niggers, and niggers who want the prestige of pretending their children aren't niggers.

No IV8888 has over 200 firearms in his collection and is actively acquiring more. He is a legitimate collector and has a profound interest in the guns he collects. Now if times get hard, I’m sure he would liquidate a lot of his collection for well under current value

Nigger this man is a salesman do you hear yourself.

What is he selling? Dipshit. The guy has a massive collection and he is adding to it

No, because I'm not an idiot and invest my money in things with better returns than a couple hundred bucks.

Be honest with yourself. You don’t invest at all because you’re poor. If you had more money you would by more Military surplus firearms

>Be Canadafag
>SVT-40's were everywhere and only $300 like three years ago
>Now can't find one for less than $850
Fuck, I should have bought a dozen instead of just one.

Attached: Meanwhile in Canada.jpg (350x525, 41K)

Those would have been a great investment years ago. It's a bad one now with politics. Nobody else that is a gun owner is going to want to get shot over one collector not wanting to hand over his collection when it doesn't get grandfathered in and that shit gets banned.

Ah yeah cause you'll get your PE/FE cause you learned it when you was 16 from paw. All the engineering firms are just going crazy for home taught engineers.

Literally guns nigger hes an ffl.

That’s just the point senpai. Military surplus firearms will not fall under any bans making them a phenomenal investment

"military styled rifles" you really think that's going to slip under a ban? HA. It's going to be all weapons that are capable of taking more than 10 rounds, anything semi automatic, anything labeled "military" they're going to say it doesn't have a sporting purpose and no matter how much you explain it does it's not going to matter because it's a backwards fucking funnel to gun grabbers.

Sorry you got it all wrong. They will never ban Mosin nagant, Mausers, k31, or 1903’s, Enfield So buy them while they are available and you will have a legitimate military rifle to defend yourself with and pass down to future generations

Here I am in America regretting not picking one up when they were $700-800

lol get real, you think gun control is about safety? It's intended to be "common sense" sounding enough to get as much stuff as possible banned to make banning the rest of it easier too. If they could get it all at once, they'd do it. After they get done with trying to pass as many stupid laws as possible about AR's they're going to say the powerful AR military round is only designed for 3 to 500m, these old rifles are even more powerful longer range sniper rifles and try to ban that too. Their goal isn't to make guns safer, go watch how anti-gunners act when a shooting happens they're happy people die, they'll jump up and down with glee and cheer someone got shot because they think it means guns are getting closer to getting banned. All guns. Especially stuff that has military connotations, that's going to be the first shit they go after for sweeping bans that get rid of as many guns as possible at once.

I actually bought a Finnish M39 and a Norinco SKS recently, so yes.

My 401k, money market, ETF, and 10,000 XRP say otherwise. I'm certainly not rich, but investing isn't hard and doesn't require much money to start. Guns are probably the worst thing you can "invest" in though.

If you want to invest, put a small chunk of every paycheck into a conservatively-run mutual fund and wait 40 years. By the time you're ready to retire, you'll be a millionaire.

Buy guns because you like them or think they'll keep you safe from bad guys, not as investments.

the time to "invest" in milsurp is 15 years ago
buying high is not a sound investment strategy.

youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk

Attached: IMG_1401.png (455x405, 29K)

>car dealer collects
>when he tells me about "vtec performance" he must be totally honest and not trying to sell me something

>IV1488 does a "Hurr INVESTIN THESE NOW YUKK YUKK" video

>A few weeks later does a gun gripe with Othias where they both defend themselves saying they have not hiked gun prices, and also say "Sorry you can't rip people off anymore :))))"

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1511220192267.jpg (453x439, 85K)

Ask me how I know you don't own machine guns

He's over generalizing but let's be real at this point you have to be a certain kind of person to want a machine gun that isn't a hk, ar, or ak at this point. So to view even a good amount of machine guns as foolproof investments is treading on thin ice. Most people who own guns wouldn't pay 3k or whatever a 50 year old machine pistol is going for these days or knows enough to give a shit about valmets.

No.

Attached: IMG_0780.jpg (1158x653, 105K)

>a certain kind of person to want a machine gun that isn't a hk, ar, or ak at this point.
YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT A GOD DAMNED MACHINE GUN *IS*

>othias
that guy needs to be shot for that moronic name

>buying guns for investment purposes
>expecting worthwhile returns
>surp guns are at ATH

Never change, biz

Attached: Average biz user.png (653x566, 23K)

>investing in a guns potential future monetary value
>not investing in ammo to shoot on a daily basis instead

Your capability of violence with a gun is the only real value it holds.

Attached: 1364007118621.png (382x597, 237K)

>shilling that piece of shit
shiggy diggy

Attached: 1529531182467.jpg (1017x520, 157K)

Sure boomer, tell us how your mac 10 or 180 you payed $20k for is really a machine gun and I'll tell you it's a good investment.

Is this true? I only found the channel recently and I just got to the gun gripe where Barry died

i feel the same way

>Is this true?
yes. also...

Attached: 1514991114329.jpg (5003x4205, 1.85M)

>Are these the best mil surps to invest in?
Original India pattern brown bess
Original ANIX or Chaleville musket
Flintlock holster/manstopper/coach/travelling pocket
London or Bristol made flintlocks
Enfield rifle muskets 56/53/58/61
Original Sniders
Original cal martinis
Original 19th century colt percussion revolvers
Early US lever actions
Springfield muskets and trapdoors
Original unmofified Cal 19th century Swiss Vetterlis
Mauser 71s
Chausspots
Gras
Lebel
Lorenz muskets
Any duelling pistol pairs
Mosin/Mauser snipers
Model 4 T lee enfields
Lee metfords
Mint garands

Fine percussion shotguns and rifles
The Swiss K31 is a great rifle though

>4. Bulgarian Makarov pistols
>5. Yugoslavian SKS

Nah on those two, go for quality and get the bayos

don't forget capandball and britishmuzzleloaders

Firearms and antique weapons have the greatest return of any asset class since the 1960s user. Pre mass production is highest premium after that 19th centurn after that WW1, only a handful of WW2 weapons will appreciate, lugers, springfields, snipers, the effect of their being LOTS of something is to greatly reduce the price appreciation. Powder flasks, bayonets, original bullet moulds and tools have been steadily rising all my life

As the global population increases exponentially, Military surplus rifles become more rare. It’s math. The prices will keep rising as the populations and demand increase

>muh gun grabbers be cummin for muh milsurp too

The Antigun movement is pretty much dead desu, and none of them are autistic to give a fuck about 5 MOA pieces of scrapmetal and wallhangers.

Investing in milsurp over the next 5 years is a good idea since all of the old stuff is new again.

It wont get you any real returns, since all the MGTOW Baby Boomers have largely hoarded the market 20 years ago, but you might get a 50% ROI.

CMP Garands and other good deals on WW2 firearms can be sold to COD/BF5 gamerbros a few years down the line.

>Firearms and antique weapons have the greatest return of any asset class since the 1960s user
I don't believe you.

>implying this shit wont be forgotten in 10 years.

Who the fuck outside of museums is currently buying early 19th Century rifles?
How long before Victorian arms and after that, C&R goes down the tubes as well?

What happens to the massive stockplies the Boomer wizards have when they croak Now-10 years from now?

1 million immigrants come to the states every year legally, they are all shitting out fuck tons of children. It’s supply and demand. For example only 500k Swiss k31 were made. The prices will go up exponentially when the Swiss Arsenal sells them all

>there will be a growing interest in firearms proportionate to the population

>especially true for a somewhat obsure rifle with high barrier of entry and soon to be unobtanium ammo

Attached: 1529991005338.jpg (381x438, 27K)

>CMP Garands and other good deals on WW2 firearms can be sold to COD/BF5 gamerbros a few years down the line.

CMP says they have enough Garands to last the next 10 years, no rush to buy one.

Think what you will pea brain. But you can’t deny the FACT that the trend is increasing prices on mil surp

I feel the same way, but with Nutnfancy instead.