I own multiple pistols and rifles but i don't own a shotgun. I figure it should be next on my gun purchase list

I own multiple pistols and rifles but i don't own a shotgun. I figure it should be next on my gun purchase list.

I kind of want a mossberg shockwave, but i'm on the fence about it.

What are some good shotguns that are alot of fun for your dollar?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmC3NlfUd-U
youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kel-Tec KSG

Pipe shotgun Slamfire

10 Gauge Double Barrel with 0000 Buck

Get something with a buttstock for a first shotgun. Buckshot and slugs will kick you around a bit, unless you constantly shoot hot 45/70 or bigger rifle calibres.

Any run of the mill Mossberg 500, Remington 870, Stoeger etc. will be cheap and reliable. If you got a bit more cash stuff like Benelli or 1886 / 1897 Winchesters are great, or for maximum versatility S/S or O/U. Heaps of well made good condition English / Spanish / Hungarian side-by-sides from 1900-1980's go for $100 and sometimes cheaper.

Attached: 87451682-7FCD-4F58-80A3-4026F15E7F5D.jpg (3264x2448, 1.46M)

Attached: Shawty.jpg (500x153, 6K)

Benelli nova to fire 3.5 inch shells

Just get a Mossberg 500 and be done with it. Or if you're a poorfag or don't give a shit about some Mexican parts like me, get a Maverick 88.

Just get a Mossberg 500. Get the one that comes with a 28 inch barrel and an 18.5 inch barrel. That way you have all you need to experience the shotgun's unique shooting style. Take it out to shoot clays and you will never look back I used to think ARs were fun, but after my first round of clays I was hooked. If you suck at clays, you can pop on the 18 incher and blow shit up like no other gun is capable of. (Water jugs, fruit, refrigerators, the neighbor's cows, etc.)

a normal 500 beats the shit out of a shockwave in terms of fun while being significantly cheaper

Just get a mav 88 and get a pistol stock. Youll get your 20 minutes of fun and realise its a retarded idea and can still put your normal stock on.

590*

Get the 500 on sale for 309 on gunbuyer with the head shield and ghost sights. I love it

Remington fan here.
DO NOT buy a new 870. Quality control is hit or miss.
If you want new, maverick88 or Mossberg 500/590 depending on your budget.
Old wingmaster 870's are Godly, especially if you find a TB/TC with graded wood. Police 870's are usually beat up but have wingmaster internals (just boring furniture). Marine 870's (like boats, not military) are extremely durable but more expensive.

And beware of buying old wingmasters online, I've seen fake TB/TC grades for sale- wrong furniture and/or forged serial numbers.

>mossberg shockwave
useless like tits on a nun
probably a real hoot at the range, but dont go thinking its a useful weapon.
go for the 590a1 and go watch a bunch of taofledermaus so you get some good ideas for shit to load

>figure it should be next on my gun purchase list
Why? They aren't particularly enjoyable to shoot compared to centerfire guns and they're not particularly useful outside of some really specific situations. As someone who owns an O/U 20ga and a pump 12ga, unless you want to hunt fowl or shoot clays you are kinda wasting your money.
Of course if you're just looking to have fun, get something silly and fun like the KSG 25 or the UTS-15, or something neat and unique like one of the high quality Winchester 87 clones, and blast produce into mush.

>The neighbors cows, mfw.

Attached: Gene.jpg (400x342, 32K)

That's actually a Dominion Arms (Norinco) Grizzly. A cheap knock off of an 870.

Still good though. I own that exact model except with wood furniture.

ditto

and a tube choke set for extended range

Speaking of shotguns, what does Jow Forums think of the KSG by Kel-Tec?

I've got one of those little shockwaves, super fun gun. weirdly accurate too. can throw a slug pretty well for the size.

It is actually kind of a funny story.

>I have some heavy brush on my property and it was a dark moonless night.
>My dogs start barking like holy shit.
>I have learned to trust my dogs when they tell me that spoopy things are about.
>Note that a few of my goats have been killed by something big and bears have been known to be assholes in my area.
>Think ripped apart and shit.
>Anyway my dogs are going nuts and I shine a light into the brush and I see a huge dark colored thing heading right to where my goats sleep. (No way in hell is it a person)
>I am freaking out so I grab my shotgun.
>It is loaded with segmenting slugs. (Pic related)
>I empty the gun into the thing.
>It dropped with the 1st slug, but I ain't taking chances after seeing what they have done to my goats.
>Turns out that the neighbor's fence got hit by some drunk asshole and his cows got out and wandered on to my property.
>I just destroyed his black bull.
>A bull that he paid a lot for
>Ended up paying him 2500 bucks for the bull and he is still pissed at me to this day.
>He wanted to sue me, but never actually went through with it.
>He wouldn't have won anyway. . .

I still pretty bad for the bull when I think about it. It probably just wanted my goat's feed.

Attached: Winchester-Segmenting-Slug-2-768x512.jpg (768x512, 44K)

It's a mind blowing shotgun

Mossberg 590A1 or Benelli Supernova?
I like the 3.5 inch shell thing, but I don´t like how the SuperNova looks

I wanna skeet gun, should I get a dubbya barrel or semi?

Lever!

Attached: Henry-Repeating-Arms-Lever-Action-.410-Shotgun-courtesy-ammoland.com_-600x420.jpg (600x420, 55K)

Rule 4: Know your target* and what's beyond it.

*In instances where your target is an unknowable eldritch monstrosity originating from beyond this mortal realm the true nature of which is inconceivable to the human conscience, it is sufficient for purposes of firearm safety simply to confirm that your target is such unknowable monstrosity. Suspicion that your target is such monstrosity, however, is not an excuse for laxity in fundamental target identification.

O/U if you can spend at least $1,500, semi-auto if you can't. Cheap O/U are junk and not worth the money. Decent semi-auto will run you +$600.

That's a .410, and only expert skeet shooters can do anything with it.

In my defense, I was on my property and I have about 57 acres of land. Some large unknown animal was heading for my goats and I had to react. I mean I didn't know exactly what it was, but it was definitely not human and I don't own cows so that didn't seem like a possibility. I mean if it were a bear, I would have totally been correct in my actions.

>shockwave
youtube.com/watch?v=LmC3NlfUd-U
youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ

Attached: gn13te6mqk711.jpg (800x546, 45K)

The 500's have a 10 year warranty and the 88's have a one year warranty. That was enough for me to pay the extra money

That was my pick, up until I found a 590A1 with XS GRS, speedfeed stock, tri-rail forend, 20" barrel, 8+1 capacity, fully metal trigger group and safety, heavy barrel, and a bayonet lug for $429 + $7.99 s/h + FFL $15. I then got it pricematched and 5% off for a $415 w/ free shipping then FFL for $15. I feel like the $106 was worth it.

Put a brace stock on it, turn it into a legal "SBS"

This is why you bring a flashlight or keep one on your gun.

Those guys are complete onionboyz, throw a laser on their or develope a sense of point shooting and it's fine for the 5yrd type of range it's designed for. Slap a brace on it and its a perfectly fine "totally not an SBS".

pics or it didn't happen

Of what the cow? I didn't take pics of it. Certainly made me feel a bit iffy about the slugs I keep in the gun though. The first shot (I think) hit it in the neck and it was pretty fucked up. The rest were kind of all over the place. One hit the shoulder(don't think that it penetrated the bone), two hit back in the guts (messy), and one missed. I didn't get to butcher the thing though so I didn't get to see the internal damage.
(No bully shit accuracy plz)

My first shotgun was a stoeger coach, it’s good for defense in the home and against bears, but it’s terrible for hunting. I think it has more character than a black 870/500

Attached: F3A78057-AFED-4B99-A6F2-A0AB74CDE64F.jpg (680x179, 15K)

Dude you have it backwards. Hunting is the only thing that doubles are good at. Well that and being aesthetic. Home defense and bear defense is more the pump action's territory.

> a 28 inch barrel

Otherwise known as a "full retard" barrel.

What's wrong with a 28 inch barrel?

>bullpup ak shotgun

Attached: compact-2.jpg (1920x680, 172K)

fuck off

Oh you

Attached: 1529042298018.jpg (480x640, 12K)