Joining special forces

Hi, Europoor here. I am seriously considering joining some more elite forces like anti terrorists or specials.
I want to have a chance to put a bullet in real bad guys, not to fuck around. Low pay, no friends and commitment aren't a problem to me, and I have enough time to improve my physical condition.

Could you tell me more about elite forces in general?
What should I train, what attitude and motivation is required and about this "job" in general.

Attached: DRf2nWwVQAA-_FY.jpg (1047x1200, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I24K8BfV840
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Play call of doody till u git gud

Ha ha yeah very funny
I am serious tho

Should I get normal military service for a few years before joining?
When is the best age/moment to join?

Who's this ejaculate evacuate

train til you max your nations military PT test, then enlist in your army or police and make it clear you want to do anti terror or specials. If you can enlist in an elite regular unit like you nations paras pick them. You will need to suck dick and maintain that physical level for at least 2 years of grunt work minimum before you get a shot

Ok cool but I had info from military academy officer, that they hire civilians without prievious training or experience, so I thought about doing "preparation course" for an officer (few months of training) finishing technical studies and then joining forces. Does it sound reasonable?
Just a quick reminder, we're not talking America, so I don't know how different training and recruitment is.

Nice cat.

If they consider civvies without prior experience, then doing a prep course will pit you leagues ahead of others and shows youve put some thought into it rather than joining cause you say it on tv or something.

they will probably expect you to be Jow Forums as fuck already when you get there. Also officers usually dont get to do the cool shit like breaching, being a sniper etc., you will handle a lot of administrative stuff and do planning. Oh and in case you are german: dthink twice about joining the Bundeswehr or police

Attached: 520399.jpg (540x498, 33K)

You dont get hired out the box to be sone elite masked warrior god.... you go to basic training. Then you paint rocks, then you take a bunch of courses while in the service. Yhen you sign up to take a test, then if you score high and you perform well in training, have a good additude, look the part and they need people you get the job.
Ie pt the fuck out all day errr day, join the branch you want, work stupid hard without being a tool bag and hope you get a slot.
Step 2 is the one that you seem to want to gloss over where you volunteer to protect your nation

While getting in shape take some science, HAM radio and electrical engineering courses. This helps with chemical/bombs, radios, and technology. Next up. Learn another language or 2. Big win there if you pick the right one the place your going needs. Train to hike miles with a ALICE bag. Ask about Boar/Hog hunting in real life for training.
All said in done, you can say "I've taken courses in science and engineering. Licensed ham radio operator, used to long hikes with alice bag with xx weight and have experience in boar hunting, processing and meal prep."

>airshit

Thanks, technically I'm still a kid but I take it serious, if I get to specials, I'm not gonna do officer job, I'm there for real job.
No, I'm not in Germany, I'm from Poland, I think about going there after Material Engineering (chemistry, physics, basically everything from industry shit to bodyarmor projects, I saw them doing that). I'm pretty fit when it comes to long distance running I train kung fu for a year to keep my fighting sense or smth.

Am I delusional about going to do doorkicking for a ~10 years and then going to normal civ job?

>technically i'm still a kid
underage b&

21 yo going to uni
So not underage

People dont understand often that you are in because of skills. Everyone there can already shoot straight, handle pressure and follow orders. You are there because you bring a select set of skills missing or needing a backup of to the team. More you know or trained for mean more you are desired.
When you get out then jobs are limitless. Working on engines, suspensions and bodies in the field can be attractive with a little more training with trains. Radios are all over every field. Chemical and hazmat is big in industry. Then you have engineering which allows fixing of HVAC, machinery, electrical, cabling, etc. Lastly military experience promises you police, private security or military stye contractor jobs.

Ikurez
a cute

Attached: Ikurazs.png (571x577, 598K)

That's relieving to hear, thank you.
The worst thoughts I had was about ending like some ex vietnam veteran, drinking myself to death bc no one wants a guy with military science skills, that they'd rather hire some straight out of uni kid.
I don't trust that "private contractor/security teacher" path but other stuff you said sounds very reasonable

Never drink or smoke cigs. Weed/pot ONLY. The other 2 are a horrible thing for your body and mind.

Good, my beer in the fridge is like two months out of date, that speaks itself for my habits. I hate smoking in general, very rarely weed like once a year 1 gram or smth

Anything about attitude or what am I up for? How often can I see action?
I mean I hope more than in normal military

not a eurofag or even military in the US at this time but yes. you should definitely have military service.

Action, who cares. You act with no emotions. You are there to work. Attitude, just be yes. Okay, Other instructions. You work for them. You do what they say. Anything else is fail.

Be an athlete
Know multiple languages
Hold a degree or two
You will probably fail the cut

If you're talking about joining GROM I heard they're all Jow Forums as fuck, probably going to take some real dedication to get in.

Not kidding about the ALICE hiking and boar hunting. They need to know you can hold your weight and kill as needed. Survival is a huge skill when trying not to be noticed.

I already know three languages, learning another one, compared to others in my age I am pretty fit, also I plan finishing uni, recruitment process just startedOkay, I need to check that ALICE stuff and get a gun license in few years

Thanks for the info guys, I'll do my best to get good.

If you have any other info, especially about the job and people there, I would gladly listen.

Also veeery interested in chemistry related stuff

Attached: 1525896314569.jpg (720x960, 134K)

But they need diversity to look good, goy.

this is horseshit

>this bullshit
>in Poland
>under current gov
really? Haha that's funny one

> haha weed and pot is fine!
Not if you want in any sort of military job where you will get drug tested upon entry and then spot tests whenever they feel like it. That shit stays in your system for months, makes you lazy, and makes you eat shit food. Go larp somewhere else.

Just for OP, I have had the pleasure of working alongside my nations special forces a few times and have a few friends who are in. I dont know if youre going for GROM or something, but the general bare minimum fitness goals you should be aiming for are these:
> able to run 1.5 miles in under 9 minutes comfortably, aiming for low 8s
> able to run 5k in under 18 minutes comfortably
> able to bang out at least 70+ sit ups and push ups in 2 minutes, at least 15-20 pull ups in one set
> able to tab or ruck at 4-5 mph for 12+ miles carrying loads in excess of 25kg, dont go over that or youll start fucking yourself up

Also be able to perform mental tasks while heavily fatigued, sleep deprived, hungry and thirsty. Be able to navigate like its second nature because it will need to be. Be able to maintain focus, learn quickly and be able to replicate it even quicker.

Especially if youre going on some officer route, theyll expect and require you to be even fitter than the enlisted guys. Dont be that guy whose at the back of the runs or comes back from an 8 mile tab looking like a bag of shit.

If you're serious about it then soflete has an A&S prep program that's been showing some solid results for dudes I know

Yeah, trust me I am really good at long walks, especially carrying, long distance running is my game, I am worried about upper body stuff, I don't have ultra Chad torso

I don't mind quitting weed, I am not really a fan

Just tell me is it better to aim for spec ops officer or just a doorkicker?
I don't want to be a weak paperstuff guy

Depends, do you want to be a doorkicker or deal with admin shit with slightly higher pay?

> long walks
Unless you either have a big stride or are a lanky fuck, long walks dont cut it. Its basically speedwalking with significant weight; if your legs arent burning for the first half mile you arent going fast enough. Run every couple miles just to push the lactic acid out.
> long runs
Long runs are good, but youll need both good aerobic and anearobic performance. If youre able to run 10+ miles at around 7 minutes per mile thats pretty decent. Also include hill sprints and battle PT, i.e running around with kit doing squats, sprints, updowns/grenade, all that fun stuff. You want to be able to both be able to endure long distance and be able to move fast with weight repeatedly, because ultimately thats what keeps you alive.
> no gigachad torso
You dont need to be. If youre a bit of a twig then squats and deadlifts are good to build up your frame and larger muscle groups, but you dont need to do bench and stuff. Better to focus on calisthenics/bodyweight exercises like push ups, sit ups, pull ups etc. Be able to throw your body around with little to no effort.

> wanna be a door kicker
In general, SF officers dont tend to go out on ops, especially if youre green. Its more likely youd be in an SHQ or TOC watching over the ops. If you do go in the field, you wont be the first guy through the door, youll be near the rear with the signaller. If its action you want, officer will get you close enough to get the hunger, but likely too far to ever quench it. Thats just from my knowledge, dont know how your SF does it. So if you wanna be breaching embassies and underwater knife fighting, go enlisted, but be aware there is a very small chance of you making it, considering experienced military blokes with all the field skills fail all the time.

Good luck with whatever you choose though, as I said this is just from my knowledge, your countrys system may be different.

I don't give a single fuck about pay as long as I believe my job has sense and I can live off with it and won't be left behind after I retire

Ok, that's useful much appreciated

I'll have to decide on that officer stuff but it still sounds like what I wanna do with life instead of just sitting behind desk in a big company
Even if corporations pay more its not worth it

Fair enough, its one of those things that you clearly wanna do. Better to try and see how it is than to not try and resent it the rest of your life.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking

About that I often practice "chase scenario" that means running through difficoult terrain, also wanted to pick up parkour or free running shit, is it worth it?

> chase scenario
If you mean Escape and Evasion/SERE then thats something youll be taught.
> parkour or free running
Lad you arent gunna be doing backflips off skyscrapers in E&E, unless youre planning on becoming a spy or something and even then it would hardly be of any use except for decent fitness.

What is much better is survival skills, as this is what keeps you alive during escape and evasion, the idea being that in conventional SF ops youre usually in woodland or rural terrain and your team got fragged. Basic survival consists of four elements that are also in priority order:
> Protection
> Location
> Water
> Food
Obviously each one has a number of skills that are needed, be it building makeshift shelters, firestarting, knowing how and where to find food, how to navigate with basic equipment etc. E & E is basically survival but on the run, hence you lose luxuries like being able to stay in one place, build a camp or make fire, and you need to be aware of hunter forces chasing you, hence you need to be aware of them knowing the area better than you.

Go out camping innawoods maybe once a week if possible with all the luxuries youd normally enjoy. Gradually cut back on what you take and increase what you use from nature, until you can literally fit the bare minimum in one pouch as well as a knife and maybe half a days worth of food and water (if youre going for at least two days). Do it gradually, learn and read as much as you can, always have emergency food, water and a survival bag in case shit goes sideways.

god that stupid bitch is ugly

You will never be allowed to serve with 75TH rangers, why live?

Ok I have a lot to learn about survival then

what makres you 'specil forces' which are mostly a psyop want or need a edgy teen asshole?

>I want to have a chance to put a bullet in real bad guys
Baddies and goodies huh? That's nice. Your the goodie are you?

Go join the scouts and help some old lady across the road because

If you made it past the first couple phases of training its shit theyll teach you anyway in all honesty, absolutely ridiculous levels of stamina and endurance is the key to even have a snowballs chance in hell.

Flush your head out its full of vidya and movie crap. You're not a 'goodie' you'd be a paid and expendable civil servant who kills maybe goodies, maybe baddies and may be just the wrong person because of a clerical error. Your self image as a candidate with no mil background and a head full of men in black shit
immediately disqualifies you from being taken seriously. You are essence of summerfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=I24K8BfV840

Just to add, you dont wanna be that kid that can sperg out about random guns and half truths he heard on random internet forums but as soon as its wet and cold he wants to pack it in. SF isnt the romantic stuff you envision it to be, all the parkour shit and chase scenarios doesnt happen.
The overwhelming majority of it is sitting in a ditch in the pouring rain eating cold rations watching some cunts for weeks, or at least in conventional warfare. The SAS in the Falklands ate powdered milk mixed with water for a the last week of a month long recce mission, no fire, pissing it down and freezing cold, hardly moving. That is the reality. If that isnt what youre ready for youll tap out real quick.

Not helpful all, what makes you think I am edgy? New to the Internet or a lighthearted shill?
I am not some fat american teenager, I need some real info, not some shitty psychoanalysis from a NEET

Attached: 32169480_380016749148896_4916144572024750080_o.jpg (1080x1080, 78K)

>already prettt fit
Get more fit and take steroids. Not even joking.

I like this girl. Would marry.

I'm not a neet and have sadly killed several people when I was young and stupid. Don't be me. Think about the shit that has been poured into your brain to make you think the way you are now. Think who put it there and why. Then go get a life.

That's absolutely cool with me, at least they pay me for sitting on fresh air

I bet you do some important job and have great knowledge of military also you've probably made great life decisions

Wow hold up there fellow Jow Forumsak, I know what am I doing, I know what skills and experiences I want to get, also that's you who posted edgy shit now, you didn't need to, I don't care and don't believe unless you give me some facts not CoD stats

Whatever floats your boat lad. Just remember, the zero gravity knife fighting course is before the backflip window breaching course and after the book deal signing course.

You don't need to go to any special forces to put bullets in bad guys. When was the last time your country was at war? If you're in Europe they maybe contribute forces to allies. If you want special forces you may as well contact a US recruiter and get a pass port if your serious about doing that 24/7. That or move to Mexico/South America/Africa and get shot in the back by someone taking bribes

The point is, my country is probably next on someone's list, there are still a lot of trafficking rings from Russia and Ukraine, we are also targeted by west politically and the problem is everything can happen to destabilise us, I also want to get some skills and continue family tradition a bit

>10+ miles at around 7 minutes per mile thats pretty decent

hmmmmm

Attached: 1528563208473.jpg (177x256, 9K)

If you can do it daily or twice daily then youll have decent endurance, better than most civilians and some soldiers. Also not sure if you noticed but theres not many marathons in military training, and 10 miles is around the point where if you go further youre significantly increasing the risk of joint damage.

>If you can do it daily or twice daily then youll have decent endurance, better than most civilians and some soldiers.

hmmmm

Attached: 1530625489619.jpg (1064x900, 73K)

shut your mouth filthy creatin
she's a beautiful pure and wholesome princess a perfect angel goddess

Attached: Ikuraz-.png (491x569, 553K)

C'mon I don't wanna look like fucking Schwarzenegger

T. Neverserved and neverran

>Should I get normal military service for a few years before joining?
Is it even possible to join an "elite" counter terrorist unit without some sort of military or law enforcement training? I have never heard of one; the only way you'll get a chance to go to a war without military training is if you join a third world mercenary outfit, and you won't be going on "counter terrorism" assignments, you'll probably be either pulling guard duty or being used as cannon fodder.

Here's the process to become part of a military special forces unit in Canada, which I'm using as a reference because it's where I live. You obviously need to first be part of the military; they don't just take dudes off the street. You can't walk into a recruiting office and say "I want to enlist directly into a special forces unit". You need to be in peak condition, enlist, serve for at least 1 year full time, 2 years part time. Then you're eligible to attend the selection course for the unit you want to join. If you pass (about 90% of people do not pass), you're in.

To join a police tactical unit in a mid-large size city, you need to become a police officer in whichever city you had in mind. This is an achievement in itself. Toronto, the city where I live, every year has a surplus of applicants to the police department, and that's not even that big of a city by European standards. You need to be a patrol officer for a number of years, then you can attend the ETF's selection process. Like the military special forces selection, this has a high failure rate.

You sound too young to be here, but this is a rare instance where that's a good thing. Get in the best shape of your life, start learning more about the process. The odds are not on your side, so you have to make the time you have count as much as possible.

Yeah thanks for the advice, I am currently monitoring state of police and military and I can say they need people especially in police, there is really like hundreds of workplaces there
The downhill of police force is facing corruption, low pay and it's generally for idiots (common thought), I wanna join military, that's not really an achievement since they let women there so I thought of becoming elite and get really good.
Honestly sorry if I sound too young, I am not, I just registered to university recruitment system, but I was thinking that I am good at physical stuff so military would be cool

Also I talked to military academy officer, he said they often pick up candidates from civ, makes sense if service and training is completely different

Well I really think if you're headed into a fight and expect to walk away from it you're in for a rude awakening. If you want family tradition living a long time gives you more time to make things a tradition.

Grow up a bit, ....and get a haircut

I don't really care, there are thousands of ways to die, to degenerate on the street, in office or just during marriage.
I want to look back one day and don't have urge to kill myself, to be happy with what I achieved
Life is a huge risk anyway so let's risk it with a gun instead of bottle or divorce papers in my hand eh?

Attached: 20180630_115953.jpg (2560x1536, 972K)

>The downhill of police force is facing corruption, low pay and it's generally for idiots (common thought),
>I wanna join military

Attached: 1525876323551.jpg (640x634, 38K)

If you want to be happy in what you achieved, why would you risk dying? You ever seen an insect colony? They have a hierarchy. We're all just a husk. What achievement is there in husks? Everything ends up like that anyway. Don't you want to do anything better than that?

don't worry, you won't

Sorry to break it to you, but you’re not going to do any counter-terrorist stuff as a Pollack. Terrorists operate in countries with a seizable Muslim minority, which Poland doesn’t have. Terrorists are also interested in striking symbolic targets (New York, London, Paris, Barcelona...) - Poland has about as much attractiveness for terrorists as Montana or Romania. The only place you might get to kill brown people is if you join the army and get deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.

You know, as far as a friendless no-gf euro teenage parkour enthusiast who wants to "shoot real bad guys" is concerned, this is probably the most valuable post ITT. But hell probably shrug it off because its not tonguing his ass, w/e.

Meh, he'll either get booted ASAP or he'll actually screw the nut. So worst case scenario he learns that CoD and wallrunning have nothing to do with actual SF and stops making retarded threads.

Go international. Do anything, anywhere. Don't stop.

wtf is up with all these fags asking about becoming top tier? Here is a true story of my half retarded friend.
>be me in high school
>kid sits next to me in class
>always needs help academics
>super motivated thougg always wants to excel
>tells me he wants to be Navy Seal
>don't have heart to tell him he isn't smart enough
>"well you better start training"
>he wakes up everyday to exercise
>never plays video games
>doesn't watch anime
>only talks about being navy seal
>graduation
>3 years later finds me on facebook
>fucking navy seal with a 6/10 wife
>not bad my retarded friend, not bad
be like him, get off your stupid ask stop asking questions and get after it.

Got excited until I realized she's holding airshit.