Scams on armslist

I'm trying to buy a gun off armslist and I'm paying the guy through paypal to have him ship it to my ffl.
It seems a little sketchy though because the price is pretty good. Is there any way I can get scammed sending a payment through PayPal?
Not doing friends and family, not clicking on fake PayPal links.

Attached: Screenshot_20180704-215210_Chrome.jpg (1032x662, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95Cves5jpRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paypal has pretty good protection for buyers. I think the burden of proof will be on him that he actually delivered it.

AFAIK if you send the money with the additonal fee of paying for a product or service, and not as friends or family, you can fuck the guy if he doesnt deliver in 30 days or something, I forget the exact policy. Bonus points if you actually receive the item through intimidating him, then still claim you didn't get it. scam the scammer.

PayPal doesn't allow firearm purchases, so if you have to make a claim and say it's a firearm, they'll fuck you over.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-04-22-58-23.png (1080x1920, 240K)

if he asks you to send the money as a gift there is zero (0) chance of you getting your money back.

Great scam
except guns are involved!

Attached: index.jpg (199x253, 12K)

Additional details
>contact guy about deagle brand deagle for $1050
>offer $150 under asking price
>he accepts, asks for money order
>fuckno.jpg
>I ask if PayPal would work
>he gives me PayPal email
>try to send him money, payment doesn't go through
He emailed me today and asked if I could send it to his friend's PayPal, since they won't let the payment go through his.
The situation seems suspect as fuck, but PayPal seems to do a very good job at protecting buyers if you send things as payment for a service.

>hey, I bought a guitar/artwork/18 dragon dildos for this amount and never received it. Give me my money back
Amazing really, just don't say it's for a gun.

youtube.com/watch?v=95Cves5jpRA

Attached: 1530548157870.png (1000x646, 634K)

You're literally pants on head retarded.

I don't see a way he could actually do anything though, as long as I pay through PayPal? That's why I made this thread, to find out if I'm actually pants on head retatded.

>Seller says it was a firearm. Your account is now terminated and you don't get your money back.
gg no re

abort user

That's what I'm starting to think, the situation is too suspicious. There's another one for $100 locally, it just isn't in the finish I was looking for.

$100 cheaper*

Fug

i hope you get fucked over OP. you deserve it for being stupid enough to use pp to pay for a gun
dumb.

Do you have a better suggestion? I don't care what payment it is if it's secure for a buyer.

Is there any other form of secure payment that I can get my money back if the guy is a scamming piece of shit?

you could try something like escrow.com
you really should only use armslist for f2f transactions

Yeah I'm just gonna back out and get the local one, then get it refinished eventually.

Paypal has good protection as long as it's not gun related, is what you meant to say.

I wouldn't trust a paypal transfer for a gun, OP. I've used paypal for small transactions like magazines or furniture, but I'm talking like $50 most. You'd be just as well sending cash in the mail to this guy, because paypal isn't going to even consider insuring your purchase if it turns out to be a scam.

Funny I was just looking at deagles today. Buy one on gunbroker auction so your buy is protected or go drive to the deagle. That’s not even that good of a price on a used deagle I see one in foco armslist for that.

Attached: 895E726E-03E2-4C13-BF44-C7BFCBA47690.jpg (193x227, 41K)

$900 for a 50ae titanium gold desert eagle seems good to me.
How do you pay on gunbroker? I'm assuming there's some security through them. Maybe I can ask the guy to put it up on there

They have frauds claims, but good luck ever getting your money back.
Read reviews on gunbroker, ever one says the fraud protection is worthless and they never respond to emails.

this, buy only using credit card, preferably from sellers marked as FFLs

They won’t protect gun related purchases. They’ve said so.

Holy shit OP you in ignorant nigger. Let me guess, the guy has half ass English, his email address is shady and looks like a burner, and if you ask for additional pictures of the gun he'll send you pictures already in the add, or pictures of a different gun he pulled from the internet. This is obviously fake.

buying a gun with paypal violates their ToS

so gg getting your money back and not getting your account suspended if you are dealing with a scammer

at the same time, it's a common thing for people to use paypal personal transfers and just shut the fuck up in the firearms community.

Armslist is for face to face transactions only. Don't be a fucking moron OP.

Attached: Udum.png (370x472, 513K)

a lot more clever than you give me credit for.

I'm not dead yet, am... I?

There are worse things than death. Like being alive and poor because you're stupid. Stupid people are too stupid to realize this.

If he hasn't said a damn thing about his FFL, don't do it. You're getting scammed and yet by the way you respond to posts in your thread, you're either a retard or a troll.

I mean look at this post. You're literally a retard.

You know what? Send the person 1k for a desert eagle. See what happens.

If they ask for paypal, it's a scam. Paypal does not allow firearm purchases and the scammer knows you won't turn in a claim. It's like a crack dealer robbing you and you going to the police and saying the crack dealer robbed you of your crack money.
think user..