M1 Garand: the original glocknade

It can’t even use modern ammunition without exploding. Greatest generation my ass.

Attached: 3B4F704D-C19C-4853-BA53-2F6F15B109EC.jpg (259x194, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/7tGEboJ.jpg
garandgear.com/ported-gas-plug.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fudds btfo. Just get an AR like every other sane person.

>Greatest generation my ass.

Attached: 1503951218528.jpg (600x395, 86K)

Adjustable gas plug.
>a 1930s rifle wasn't designed for ammunition made 30 years after its induction

Attached: big think.jpg (582x528, 53K)

samefag

M1s don't explode unless it's some hyper-retarded fudd using ultra-hot rounds. Normally with too-hot loads you'll just bend the op rod.

ARs explode just as easily with ammo that's three or four times over-pressured

>He didn't get an aftermarket gas block for commercial ammo.
How retarded are you? Did you not do any research before firing modern commercial ammo out of a 70 year old rifle?

>ancient overpowered round
>not optics ready
>no modularity
>heavy
>open action shits the bed if you so much as dust it
>open action shits the bed if you get mud on it
Fuddcucks worship an ancient pointless gun andd can't even move into the modern world LMAO

You're trying way too hard.

The key to trolling is subtlety. Remember that next time you try. Good first attempt though

Sticking your fleshlfight into this helps fix it? How does that work? Asking for a friend

The 1911 is even older and doesn’t have this issue

Because .45 is a low pressure round and has stayed that way even after advancements in gunpowder.

>opinions I disagree with are trolling
W O R T H L E S S
F U D D
R I F L E
Invented by a fucking leaf no less, and people worship this piece of garbage? SAD.

go have gay sex
You seem to have a lot of pent up anger

Just because you cannot afford the greatest service rifle of WW2, doesn't mean you have to be butthurt about it

>fudds demand manufacturers load 30-06 be factory loaded hotter so they don't need to get off the couch and handload
>REEEEEE RIFLE IS SHIT BENT OP RODS GLOCKNADE

Truly, fudds are the worst generation

No, powder just advanced.

Boomers, not fudds.
Fudd is a classification for people that preference bolt guns and sporting purposes.
In short, you're stupid

that s a new level of retarded even for you ran away kraut cumstains

>Fuddcucks worship an ancient pointless gun andd can't even move into the modern world LMAO

You don't won a gun, you're just a teen with no father. Any gun will rip apart with top of the envelope double charged loads, a bit like your mother where you hear drunks fucking her through the drywall

OP Truly you are an idiot.
Why do idiots create threads to demonstrate the level of their ignorance?

>>can’t even use modern ammunition
Yes it can use modern ammunition
You must use the CORRECT modern ammunition. As in pic related.

OP would you shoot bubba’s hand loads knowing bubba put too much powder in the case?

I guess OP would, because he is an idiot. So let me ask the question differently.

Intelligent, normal people would not shoot ammo they know to be dangerous or cause a failure of the firearm.

Attached: 829C3808-00C2-48DA-B3B0-C42EE87344C1.jpg (880x660, 98K)

Modern ammo

Attached: 0A935C8F-A8D0-456C-B39B-FBCCBD1BF933.jpg (500x500, 130K)

>Greatest generation my ass

Greater than yours by far. That's not saying much though. I mean your generation is literarily end of civilisation tier failure when your not rubbing your dick your rubbing your egos, yet, you're shit..

You can also use "normal" commercial ammo with an inexpensive aftermarket gas plug.
OP is just an idiot like you said.

bad troll is bad

Modern ammo

Attached: 18D19159-F08C-46FC-BF72-782AE7F91683.jpg (640x480, 57K)

>inexpensive
>a 30 dollar gas plug

It’s like 15 cents more expensive per round than regular .3006.

Nazis were truly a shit to lose to mutts

>he doesnt even reload M2 Ball for that sweet 150gr flat based goodness

Attached: d33.jpg (600x657, 35K)

A gas plug that you need to agonize with adjusting and lose the ability to mount a bayonet

Herbert Sobel pls go

>Rifle made to fire M2 Ball
>Continuously feed it ammo hotter than M2 Ball
>Rifle begins showing signs of damage
>Keep firing Rifle
>Rifle catastrophically fails
>Heh, Fudds.

>30 dollar
>expensive
Holy fuck, someone send this man some money, he must be starving.

except there was commercial 30-06 that was hotter than M2 Ball back then, retard

>lying his ass off
This pretty much only happens when you have a bore obstruction. And no gun survives a bore obstruction very well, except maybe revolvers.

Except no one was using an m1 garand for hunting and people only bought surplus m2 for dirt prices, noguns.

Also the adjustable plug can be traced back to atleast the 50s.

>ignoring the 40,000 people in the thread that mention a gas plug

t. noguns poorfag posting from a library computer

Which removes the ability to fix a bayonet. Plus enjoy adjusting it for every ammo brand you shoot through it

>M1s don't explode unless it's some hyper-retarded fudd using ultra-hot rounds

M2 ball is a reduced pressure/power load, standard 30-06 the M1 cant handle because it's a shit design.

>having to vent gas because the rifle cant handle it

>$30 to keep your $900 gun from exploding is expensive
Are you retarded?

i.imgur.com/7tGEboJ.jpg
The real story behind this rifle, it was a broken op-rod a known metallurgical failure that was cured by a modification. NOT AMMO RELATED

This must by why garands are the only thing left shitting up CMP stock. Can’t wait until they add rusty overpriced 1911s

>go have gay sex
are you excited to start middle school?

So much teen anger in one misinformed post.

The m1 was designed to shoot a specific load. Hotter loads will damage the op rod. Switch of the gas plug to an adjustable one or just buy/load garand specific ammo

>removes the ability to use a bayonet
>using a m5 bayonet
>not using the glorious 1905 bayonet

Attached: 1530167125420.gif (230x250, 1.88M)

>being this mad he cant afford a garand
When will poorfags learn?

Attached: 1529189499053.jpg (876x1024, 321K)

dude that's someone's cat

Attached: 1441264936848.jpg (600x450, 36K)

Attached: 1496363136108.jpg (540x720, 91K)

Attached: 1496363220248.jpg (540x720, 74K)

Attached: AR poly lower.jpg (800x600, 35K)

Attached: AR gas ports.jpg (1564x1564, 709K)

>Plus enjoy adjusting it for every ammo brand you shoot through it

You don't have to do that with this one.

garandgear.com/ported-gas-plug.html

do that to my cat...

Attached: USMC M-40 Sniper rifle.jpg (1024x768, 196K)

If you're going to bitch bitch about how they downloaded M2 ball because they didn't want it to exceed the length of training ranges

Old fudd lore.

ahahaha

No man should have a cat. They’re the reddit of pets. They basically evolved to leach off the largesse of prehistoric women. They can only arguably be justified as pest disposal on a farm and that’s it.

I have a Remington 1903a3 with a serial number above 800K. Would it be safe to shoot hot ammo through it or steel case?

You probably support Trump's Israeli cock sucking efforts.

Was someone's cat. Was.

Yes

LOL

The WW1 era .30-06 Ball cartridge was nearly identical to the WW2 M2 Ball cartridge.
The M1 Ball was designed to increase range of .30 Machineguns and was expected to become standard issue for rifles as well. Besides the fact that the increased danger space of M2 Ball could pose a safety concern the increased recoil was also a factor.
The M2 was not designed as a practice cartridge, it was an updated revision of the original .30-06 ball cartridge which was a proven combat performer.
Later the M1 Ball cartridge proved unsuitable for use in the Garand , causing stress on the oprods etc, so it pretty much became extinct so far as infantry rifle use was concerned.
The 150 gr spire point FMJ was a proven killer when coupled with the 1:10 rifling twist originally chosen for use with the 220 grain bullets of the .30 cartridge of 1903.

M1906 Ball Max Rng: 3,400 yards with the 150 grain cupro-nickel flat base spitzer
M1 Ball Max Range: 5,500 yards with the 174 grain boat tail spitzer
M2 Ball Max Range: 3,500 yards with the 152 grain flat base spitzer
.30 AP Max Range: 3,500 yards with the 168 grain flat base steel core bullet

The M1 ball load was the round that the Garand was designed around given the time frame of John Garand's efforts per a man that was there: General Hatcher. Umpteen millions of M72 match rounds firing an almost duplicate bullet at the same pressure and velocity levels was done without any fear of harming the Garands during competition before and after the M14 was adopted.
Military Report No. 1912 to the 76th Congress in 1941 states in part:

"it is evident that the statement that the M1 ammunition is not suitable for use in the Garand rifle, the pressures being too great, thereby making it necessary for the Department to make M2 ammunition, has no foundation in fact. Each M1 rifle made is required to operate satisfactorily with both M1 and M2 ammunition before it is accepted."

why are ar uppers so thin

nyaaa!
what did you just say about me you little shit

Attached: cats.webm (640x360, 1.4M)

I never noticed that the cat fucking body checks the damn dog to get him off the kid. Hope he got a can of white chicken that night.

>Device wasn't designed to use part X
>Use part X anyways
>Device fails
>"Wtf this device is shit it should be retard proof!"

Attached: 1480556758061.png (680x754, 955K)

Attached: IMG_5485.gif (392x222, 1.34M)

>doesn't appreciate evolution's most refined mammalian predator
>doesn't respect what is undeniably one of the most physically incredible species to stand the test of time
>doesn't see the appeal in befriending a tame, friendly version that's just small enough to not be a huge danger to them when play fighting

that said, i do wish they were big enough to take on an intruder

Attached: holly.png (180x180, 80K)

>20 round box
>8 rounds to an en bloc clip

It's the hot dog and bun problem all over again.

If you think $30 for a part is too expensive, this hobby really isn't for you.

But unlike the hot dog and bun problem, clips and ammo doesn't go bad fast enough to be a problem.

So we go from ammo-related failures to idiot normie builds with cheap parts and no idea of how things fit together? B8 harder, m8.

the point is the design is shit

>doesn't appreciate being a cuck to an animal
Yeah i wonder why people don't like cats

When the engine asks for avgas, you give it fucking avgas. You don't put regular auto fuel in that shit and then bitch on why it knocks the fuck out and kills itself.

oh no! looks like I need to buy TWO boxes

>he didn’t get the gas valve

>using modern ammunition in an almost 100 year old rifle and expecting it to keep up like a modern gun.

ISHIGGY

Attached: agorilla.png (738x1244, 958K)

Hail Garand, full of grace, John Browning is with thee, blessed man among gun makers and blessed are the wares of Springfield Armory. Hail Garand, father of M1s. Pray for us shooters now and ad the hour of bending our op rods. Amen.