Jow Forums, you are now the leader of a third world country with a very outdated air force...

Jow Forums, you are now the leader of a third world country with a very outdated air force. You are tasked with modernising the air force. You are given a budget of $2.5 billion to pay for multi-role fighters, combat utility helicopters, light or dedicated attack aircraft etc. Discuss.

Attached: images (88).jpg (512x287, 10K)

Well what country is it? Do we have to protect against naval attacks? Invasions? Do we have to protect against invasions on our land border(s)? What about the big nations, are any of them allied with our prospective enemies? Are we restricted from purchasing equipment from certain countries?

I ask this because $2.5 billion (USD I assume) isn't very much, I can't really justify dumping a billion or so on a squadron of F-16s with associated support equipment if our enemies aren't going to be operating planes, but are instead going to be invading us with camels that coincidentally can't be picked up by the F-16s ground radar or reliably detected by it's targeting pod. Vice versa, I can't protect against an air campaign with a bunch of soviet rotary infantry removers.

I'm basing this off the Philippine Air Force's modernisation budget for the air force which is literally around $2.5 billion. It honestly isn't much considering that the country spends less 1% of it's gdp on its military. In terms of threats, it must be enough to at least deter or put up credible defence (no matter how hopeless it is) against China. There are no restrictions as to type of equipment or where it's from, but preferably has to be Western made.

f15s with loose as fuck ROE and blow the rest on AA

Spend it on a home grown weapons programme, to keep the money in the country.

Try to get 18-24 F-16Vs at the lowest possible price (get your Torah and put your kippah on, it's time to rip off some poor Americans), dump the rest on some extremely robust and redundant aircraft storage bunkers. There should be more bunkers than aircraft, and the aircraft should be scattered over the country to the point that the Chinese simply couldn't take them all out in the event of a conflict. Buy some Exocets, mount them to the F-16s and some large ass technicals. Appeal to Trump's sense of deal making to get pilots trained in the US.

Realistically the entire F-16 fleet will be gone within 2 weeks and the Exocets won't do much, but if China is so incompetent that it can't get CIWS working properly, you might do some damage.

I would buy a few Pilatus PC-7 and equip them for ground attack. I would leave air defense to radar + SAMs

That sounds like a somewhat realistic plan for the multi-role aircraft. Many pilots, however have expressed a strong interest for the Gripen. The country also faces internal threats as well. Given recent events such as in Marawi along with extensive counter insurgency operations, what types of attack or light attack helicopter or aircraft would you recommend?

> purchase hundreds of thousands of light rotor aircraft such as Piper Cubs
> fit each one with either a hole to drop mortars out of, or cheap sweatshop made panzerfausts bolted on a la Bazooka Charlie

> Chinese invasion forces crush defenders, start moving inland
> fighter sweeps and bombers have destroyed all the runways
> chinks think they are unstoppabru
> thinkagain.jpg
> thousands of Piper Cubs take off from makeshift runways and dirt roads all across the jungle
> fly so low and slow that chink quantum radar cant pick them up
> chinese logistic chain gets massacred by philipino farmers lobbing homemade mortars out the window and yelling slurs as well as unintentional kamikaze by pilots going too low on gun runs
> overwhelmed chinks call for fast air
> squadrons of new chink quantum superstate entanglement railjets screech over the jungles
> for every Cub taken out, a dozen more take its place
> chink jets get taken down by pure amount of fuselages they crash into trying to manouver through the swarm
> chinks end up going bankrupt trying to churn out enough missiles and quantum jets to handle this new threat
> phillipines keeps building Cubs out of wood and lawnmower engines
> phillipines win

Simple.

If this country actually needs to fight other figters and not just do CAS (in which case I'd just buy a bunch of prop planes and utility- and attack helicopters) I'd say buy either Gripens or F-16Vs. Both will give you a cheap-ish, reliable figther with modern electronics and armament in a proven platform.

The F-16V will give you better acces to cheap parts, and will be familiar to a lot of pilots all around the world.
The Gripen is newer and slightly more capable light fighter and has few needs, but is on the other hand more expencive if I recall it right

>Spend $2.5 billion on “homegrown weapons program”
>buy materials, labor, research, logistics, building factories and armament
>Spend remaining $0.89 on actual aircraft

Considering the mileage they've had with American jeeps, this just might be crazy enough to work.

A squadron or two of F-16Vs for air defence, and maybe a few more FA-50s for training, CAS etc.

BEHIND EVERY BRADE OF GRASS

HOW DOES EVIR PHIRRIPINE PIPU-CUBURU DEFLEAT CHINESE QLUANTUM SUPEL PRANE?!?! IMPOSSIBRU!

Would it be able to hold out long enough for Murica's F-22s/F-18s to come in and mop up the PAF?

> implying there would be anything left after a swarm of hundreds of thousands of piper cubs piloted by drunks surrounded by explosive ordinance was done

Collateral damage is acceptable.

The Mirage 2000 is being retired by France and other nations as more Rafales are produced. Buy up the old airframes and turn them over to the Israelis for a SLEP and new electronics.

This, it would be more just trying to hold them off until you get help from allies than going all in and facing a army 5x bigger than yours

Note: The Existing assets this country has are;
12 × FA-50 LIFT's (these are relatively recent acquisitions and the pilots still need additional training and lack modern air to air missiles).
3 × s211 basic jet trainers
10 × ov-10 broncos of various models
37 × sf260's trainer aircraft with at least 10 converted to light ground attack roles.
20 × T-41D's in service
14 × heavy, medium and light transport aircraft made up of C-130 Hercules, CASA C-295's, Fokker Fellowships, Aviocars and Nomads.
40-50 × UH-1H or D helicopters
8 × Aw109 light attack helicopter
25 × MD500 scout copters
6 × W3 Sokol Helicopters
10 × S-76 with several used as air ambulances
8 × Bell 412's

You're expected to expand and/or improve this inventory with the budget you have as well.

It will really depends on which front the Chinese will attack first. If they concentrate on engaging US forces first with the West Phillippine Sea being a secondary font, you might only expect reinforcements to come after a few months or up to year. This is assuming the worst has happened and the US Seventh or any other reinforcing fleet has suffered loss after loss. By then, the Philippines may or may not have fallen.

This is the only reason why I keep coming back.

Attached: 1522491321241.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>OV-10 Bronco
>needing improvement
Faggot.

>And/or
You can either do both or one of them brainlet

Doesn't matter because Duterte is a Beijing puppet

Enjoy J-10s in the very near future

There are times when a military has to stand pat and take the brunt of a shitty leader and there are times when they should depose a psychopath who is mentally unfit to lead the office

The PH military is a joke for allowing Beijing agents flood their country and how their CiC makes a mockery of their duty

Ni hao, negroes!

Attached: l4-1.jpg (1024x740, 38K)

enjoy this

Attached: cap.png (2430x1000, 1.09M)

That's weird. I'm Flipino-American. I remember all my relatives and mother used to hate Chinese and tell me they are bad people.

Spread my butthole for America and ask for some help

>multi-role fighters
Grippen
>combat utility helicopters
Mi-17.
>light or dedicated attack aircraft
Take used Belorussian Su-25s and upgrade them with Israel thermals.
Also, Chinese drones.

Second hand F-16s if I can buy American
MiG 29s if I have to buy Russian

>Enlarged picture on top left
>Actual question made by OP at the bottom for some fuck all reason just to confuse the reader Also squished.
>Actual reply too small to read without zooming in and is also squished
>All that empty space
A-user... please... stop this pain.

>Make copies of Po-2 biplane bomber
>Make literal millions of them
>Invading land army btfo by swarms of bombers dropping bombs. AA can't target because it's so small and literally made out of wood.
>Invading air forces with their radar gizmos won't work because planes are small and made out of wood.
>Invading naval forces sink instantly as swarms of bombers drop hundreds of torpedoes on every ship in the fleet.

Attached: PiperCubSwarm.png (1093x538, 88K)

Much appreciated friend.

F-16s stacked fucking deep with a few F-15s.

>$2.5 billion to pay for multi-role fighters, combat utility helicopters, light or dedicated attack aircraft etc.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

That's why you think creatively user.

Are there any f4s still available?
that and helicopters and CIWS on every important base. Use helis for everything but air superiority. Maybe some civilian aircrafts as paratroop vehicles.

A brand new fleet of modernized F-14s unit cost 38 million a piece

Attached: Mirage 2000 AdA.jpg (3850x2562, 1.21M)

Attached: Mirage 2000 quad.jpg (2048x923, 102K)

150 A-10 Thunderbolt II's
Rest of the money will be spent on the crews and upkeep.
Since defense of the homeland is impossible with anything, the retaliation plan will be to strafe Chinese highways.

Attached: 10mm.gif (500x300, 986K)

16,000 Cessna Skycatchers loaded with barrel bombs.

Turkey and Japan still operate the F-4s. Whilst the Israelis had retired their fleet. I'm not too sure if any of those countries will offer em up for sale though.

Attached: images (92).jpg (405x270, 10K)

Problem is, the F-14 production line has been stopped a long time ago. $38 million was probably the price two decades if you don't account for today's inflation.

Attached: Mirage 2000 afterburner.jpg (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Attached: Mirage 2000D 3x Mali Jan 2013 2.jpg (1539x1024, 128K)

500 surplus Soviet Mig-21Bis with Mig-21-93 "BIZON" Modernization package. Easily a match for F16 and overwhelming for gen 4-5 aircraft. As far as helicopters, Nothing wrong with mi-8 utility helicopters.

Attached: main-qimg-d8fb79fa87dea658fb74e5ab96f808b2.jpg (602x323, 52K)

Attached: Mirage 2000 clouds.jpg (1890x1258, 136K)

FA-18E/F x 20 @ 70mil each: 1.4b
E-3 Sentry x 2 @ 250mil each: 0.5b
KC-10 Extender x 2 @ 120mil each: 0.25b
Total: 2.15b. Use the last 350mil on munitions for the f18s.

All purchased new. Joint training in U.S. and manufacture maintenance support built into the purchase packages.

nobody cares about flips in the US. And your mom is a whore.

Attached: Mirage 2000D refuel Mali Jan 2013.jpg (681x1024, 69K)

>. Easily a match for F16 and overwhelming for gen 4-5 aircraft
not even close you stupid fuck. Do you even know the effective range of the Kopyo radar?
Shut your fucking mouth and sit down, Pajeet.