Green card gun rights

How easy is it to get buy weapons with a green card? Would they even sell me guns? Would they issue carry permits? Or is it different in some states?

Attached: 260px-US_Permanent_Resident_Card_2010-05-11.jpg (260x342, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/118/What are the firearms possession rules for non-U.S. citizens?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm pretty sure you have to be a legal citizen first, not just a green card carrier. Good for you for doing the legal route.

Possible in some states, I've seen additional requirements though and it takes several days for background check. Check the actual verbiage of the form 4473, there is a spot for alien ID number.

wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/118/What are the firearms possession rules for non-U.S. citizens?

can any burgers weigh in on wtf this site is

Oh she is a specimen indeed

wa.gov = Washington State government

>Green card gun rights
>the U.S. isn't a real country anymore

You don't have rights, so it is state dependent.

Depends on the state your in user. Just google (whatever state your in) gun laws.

According to federal law, youre fine OP, any problem you run into will be a state law one, although Im not familiar with any states that might restrict legal residents from practicing second ammendment rights. Just make sure you mark "No" on the "Are you a citizen" question on the forms, and bring your perm res/green card, as thats required ID for them if youre not a citizen (they need to make sure youre not a tourist or an disgusting beaner/illegal.)

T. Guy who was a perm resident and bought plenty of guns.

Tbh perm resident is identical to full citizen in every way except you cant vote (who cares,) cant do jury duty (who caresx2,) and if you commit a felony, your status can be revoked and you can get deported (dont commit felonies.) Otherwise youre exactly the same, as youre a legal resident of the country.

You cant get a security clearance or US passport either, obvs.

This and this.

>the U.S. isn't a real country anymore

What the fuck are you talking about, permanent residents are literally permanent residents with every right a citizen has except voting. Theyre not tourists or foreign workers, theyre foreigners that America gave full house priviledges to. Basically theyre citizen neophytes who can do everything besidea get a secret security clearance and vote or stand jury duty.

>A citizen of Canada may carry or possess any firearm
Fucking Canadians have more rights in WA than WA citizens.

This, I have helped many Green card holders get firearms

just make sure you have your green-card with you and long guns shouldn't be an issue, Im not sure about handguns and other though.

What are you talking about?

I know several green card holders that have several guns. They all work private security though and not sure if that's a requirement for them. This is in Texas btw

Yes. Green card holders can buy guns, they just get an automatic delay. Make sure your Green card, ID/DL are all up to date and have current addresses on them.

This
kudos to you man!

bump

>the cucked by Canadians meme is fucking real

Attached: 1527534284271.jpg (412x430, 29K)

Hilariously WA is the one place that recognizes the ass-reaming we need to go through to be hasguns in the first place.
I'm pretty sure by carry they mean open carry btw. We can get CCW permits for WA. after getting the alien firearms license.
People wonder why I like WA so much.

Aside from voting and certain restrictions, rights are granted to all people legally within a nation. That's how "real" countries work. Do you even into law?

Greencard holders can buy guns just like citizen, and answers the 4473 almost exactly like citizens. In my state, they usually get delayed by a day though.

What funny is that even if you fill the form out wrong and it's submitted wrong, there's still a chance that you'll get approved. Just had this issue at my store when someone ran a green card holder as a citizen and was approved instantly.

>Aside from voting and certain restrictions, rights are granted to all people legally within a nation. That's how "real" countries work. Do you even into law?
this always surprises people and I'm not sure why.

you have to go back, Jose.

My friend has a green card. Would it be safe to take her to the range?

I don’t want her to get deported just for “posessing” my guns for 5 minutes in the lane.

In CA it is not different than any other gun buyer, but shops usually do need a photo copy of your green card and you need to write the USCIS number on the 4473 form

Is this bait? Green Card holders are literally LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, hence the GREEN CARD, you autistic faggot. They cant be deported for no reason, only if they lose their legal status by committing a felony and getting convicted.

Stupid fucking Amerifats, no wonder illegal immigration is such a hotbutton issue, none of you know how the fuck your own immigration system works.

Yes, your dumbass friend Juanita can go shooting. Unless she's banned from using firearms due to a legal record, or youre having her break the law with some illicit giggle switch toy, she cant be "deported for playing with guns," fucking moron.

Attached: 27656957_1940742159575076_3956348114836701286_n-1.jpg (900x900, 60K)

You will get delayed every time. That's about it.
I helped my friend from tacoland buy his first AR. Now he also has an AK, a 5.7, an FNX, and a CZ75 and we've gone to multiple day rifle classes together. And he wants to buy a DSA FAL.
If you follow our laws and are a peaceful person, you probably won't have any problems.

You're confusing green card holders and citizens.
You can be deported for any reason.

Just an europoor sad about his gun rights (or the lack thereof)

ah, then you can stay. yes, you can get guns. get a gun before CW2 starts... we'll need manpower.

If I'm a Canadian citizen going to a university in the US, can I buy guns if I'm there on a student visa?

You're confusing reality for being a fucking moron.
Green Card Holders have every single legal protection that Citizens do. The sole difference is that you can't be drafted, can't vote, can't run for prez or be on a jury.

no

>can't be drafted

Not really, unless you "volunteer" to sign up for Selected Services, which is required if you want your college gibs

So...they aren't the same.

You literally cannot though, you fucking retard. Green Card holders are not "temporary visitors" theyre literally American residents, they just cant partake in the democratic process until theyve sworn an oath. They are legally allowed to live here forever, work/study, buy property, come and go as they please, serve in the military, apply for government programs, everything. Theyre new Americans who have been granted the legal right to live in America. They can only be deported if theyre convicted of a felony, or do something that causes them to be found as detrimental to the moral character of the united states, like support terrorism, or advocate communism or something, in which case their permanent residence status is revoked in a legal proceeding, and then you can be deported.

They cant just deport you whenever on a whim, you Dingus McBingus.

Once youre a perm resident, youve basically completed the legal immigration process, all thats left is Full Citizenship, but thats optional and more of symbolic thing. It only has a few perks over Perm Residents aka Green Card Holders, like being able to vote, or get a US Passport, and you have to renounce your former country's citizenship and claims to titles of nobility or political office.

Jesus, learn your own laws, faggot.

Except they are as far as the subject we're discussing goes, you fucking pedantic faggot.

Lemme put it in terms your autistic ass can understand: Permanent Residents are Runescape Free Players, Citizens are Paying Members, theyre both Runescape Players though, and both abide by the same ToS and get the same protectioms under the ToS.

Tard.

Pretty sure that in Florida, a green card resident have the same rights than a citizen (carrying included). Except for the NFA things maybe.

>le smug educated liberal faec
Deport them anyway idgaf

My AUS friend had to get a hunting license before he could buy a rifle. This was in CA. I think each state has it's own rules. I imagine that AZ gives out a free high point as a welcome gift.

Savage
>lole fuc laws and shit just send them all back xddd
epin

Attached: 1513567857061.gif (500x364, 1.79M)

A+ Comparison

You have all the same gun rights as an American. Welcome to America.
That's flatly wrong
Wrong.

That's not true. My Dad is in IL and only has a Green Card. He got guns and a CC permit.

No, Kino. They're not gonna let you buy guns with your 5 prior DUIs

Go back to NOT America

Fuck off, South African green card holder and CC holder right here. Don't lie to your fellow anons.

>This
>this

Both wrong

My wife is a Vietnamese national with a green card. 100% legal to buy and own a firearm.

Attached: FB_IMG_1525728864015.jpg (1152x1728, 222K)

As an FFL I have sold to people who are permanent residents. Permanent residents are granted all rights within our country as I recall.

Literally the same. Bought a Mosin on my Green Card, went through all the right channels.

Just like to say that my gf is a permanent resident (green card) and she bought a Glock 19 in California just fine.

Washington is an OC state, so anyone can open carry a handgun over 21 or a long arm over 18, and CCLs are shall issue.

Literally anyone can carry a gun in WA.

>I'm not going to google a simple fact and just spout nonsense from my ass, the post

I have several long arms, pistols and PCC's, Ive even bought a firearm for my wife for her birthday. So long as you're not a shitty person and have a clean record, you're solid.

Local range created trouble for someone on a student visa who rented firearms with a citizen friend. From what I heard he got deported.

Student visa and a green card are two very different things bud

I bought and carried with a CCW permit while I was a green card holder. Now I'm a citizen.

Not true, I had a worst Korea coworker that had guns and even a CCW

>student visa

Thats not a green card, user

>You can be deported for any reason.
No they can't, retard.