I’ve just inherited from my Abuelo what I believe to be a Smith & Wesson Model 30 in “blued” finish

I’ve just inherited from my Abuelo what I believe to be a Smith & Wesson Model 30 in “blued” finish.

What are some good ways to remove the minor surface corrosion and get this thing looking fresh?

I’ve dry fired it and everything seems to be in good shape mechanically. My abuelo bought it when he moved my family to Ybor City in the 60’s.

Attached: DFE81D7B-2718-468A-B3EF-8E5F54A12E41.jpg (2048x1536, 791K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legislation_in_Germany#Gun_regulation_of_the_Third_Reich
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/15/unlike-other-latinos-about-half-of-cuban-voters-in-florida-backed-trump/
cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls/florida/president
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Put a healthy coat of oil on the rust and buff it off with fine steel wool.

well for starters, don't fucking dry fire it, you retarded beaner

how new r u?

You shouldn’t dry fire hammer mounted firing pin Smiths frequently, but it’s not that big of a deal occasionally, especially when inspecting it

Just get some CLP and spray it down good, let it set for a few minutes then wipe it off.

if he gets it in his head its okay now, he may eventually do it to another gun and break the firing pin

Thanks for letting me know about not dry firing it. I’ve only done it a few times to test it to see if it still works.
Not my first gun, just my first revolver.

>Abuelo
>60's
Don't dry fire it you fucking retard, you're going to need it when you get deported back to whatever hellscape you can trace your ancestral roots to.

Natural born citizen here. My dad, uncle, and grandparents are all naturalized citizens, lived for a year under Castro until they got their green cards and exit visas. Cubans are the few Hispanics that are conservative, and we have good work ethic, you need to keep us around to keep Florida red.

Attached: 8F2D83BE-FFC7-40C3-8AD3-9751115D0BD9.jpg (1035x621, 132K)

Nazis are going to cost us the 2A. I hate you so much.

Not really Pablo, I promise it's nothing personal and you will almost certainly be among the ruling class in your country given your uncharacteristic intelligence but the VAST majority of your racial brethren do not feel the same way as you.
Hitler loosened Weimar era gun control regulations for ethnic Germans, making it substantially easier to acquire long guns and ammunition than before.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legislation_in_Germany#Gun_regulation_of_the_Third_Reich

Attached: gunControlByRace.png (309x639, 11K)

Only if we allow commies to take power.

>you need us
No we don’t. We don’t need a single Juan of you. We have recipe books, the unemployed for construction, decent beers and good European bears, and farmers markets for organges.

I dont like living around Poobans either, but they basically won Florida for us in the 2016 election by voting for Trump at close to the same rate as white people and significantly more often than their fellow hispanics

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/15/unlike-other-latinos-about-half-of-cuban-voters-in-florida-backed-trump/

cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls/florida/president

That's an interesting consideration, but I'm still skeptical. I don't buy into egalitarian worldviews and consider (with a decent amount of research to back me up) political views to be highly heritable and I don't see a strictly racial immigration policy to be something that's politically viable, meaning that policies that indirectly target hispanics would have to be implemented instead.

Unless you can propose a policy that somehow excludes Cubans from being vetted at the border while still vetting Mexicans I'll still have to chalk OP up and the rest of the Cuban population as collateral damage in the fight for the second amendment and preservation of many other ideas that I hold near and dear to my heart.

why are you such a faggot about it then?

sounds like fucking amateur hour here, don't dryfire a centerfire lol

what kind of dumbass shithead are you?

>what are hammer mounted firing pins?

>CLP
veggie oil

using a SOFT cloth, like a T-shirt, spray light oil, like WD-40 on the gun and rub it off taking the rust off in the process

DO NOT USE WD-40 on a blued gun, it may damage the finish and does not leave a protective coating and also contains water which gets trapped under the oil that stays and causes further pitting, retard.

And also OP, nice gun and Cubans are awesome, glad your Abuelo was based and passed firearms to you, get a good gun oil and make sure you wipe it down after handling. Humidity kills bluing as well, also shoot heavier grain bullets in it, 158gr or higher, I know some older S&Ws would crack the forcing cone on lighter 125gr loads not sure if that includes yours, but I would do so just to be safe.

But white nationalist assholes today make other gun owners look shitty in the public eye. They turn moderates against us in the same way SJWs turn them away from the left.

Not really relevant to the validity of "white nationalist" arguments. It's not as if I go around espousing my views on race to everybody I meet, no more than I tell everybody I meet that I own guns.

>Nazis are going to cost us the 2A
As opposed to what? The 70% of chink bugs and beaners that vote for gun control and a government that gives them everything?

>grandfather lived in the US in the 1960s
>being retarded enough to think OP is anything but American

they're going to deport him back to where user?

Stfu sjw cunt

>reading comprehension
>"back to whatever hellscape you can trace your ancestral roots to"