US Army Cancels Sub Compact Weapon Program

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/06/breaking-us-army-cancels-sub-compact-weapon-program/
>the Synopsis of Contract Award notice was updated stating that the Sub Compact Weapon program has been cancelled, at least temporarily. This means that all 13 of the contracts awarded to vendors in June have been cancelled. It appears that the programs specifications and requirements have changed and need to be rewritten before the program can move forward.

Pistol caliber SMG's BTFO?

Attached: EB7CD3E9-FE0E-43C1-AA36-5A120C928EC5.jpg (768x503, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/they-took-too-damn-long-inside-the-police-response-to-the-orlando-shooting/2016/08/01/67a66130-5447-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html?noredirect=on
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Geeee who would've thought THAT?!?!?

This just in OP is a faggot. An bean counters decide a 10.3 5.56 is just as good.

what was the point? the grease gun is still in service and doing fine

Lmao no

no it isn't

No they're probably just rewriting the specs in favor of which ever company gives more to the senators on the defense budget committee.

Good, it's a waste of money. If you are likely gonna see combat, give them a carbine, if not, give them a pistol. If you really need something with more firepower but smaller, give them a short barreled rifle.

So an H&K product.

Small contract like this means they're rewriting the spec to give the contract to whichever gun some colonel thinks is neat

>It appears that the programs specifications and requirements have changed and need to be rewritten before the program can move forward.
Yeah, someone probably stopped and asked why the fuck they're even considering 9mm ARs that are only a couple inches short than the MK18s they already have. Consider that the original request wasn't really specific about things like length and weight.

what a surprise

Attached: 1500352099201.jpg (800x450, 51K)

Bingo

someone finally came to their senses.
that had to be the dumbest waste of money since F-35.

>didn't read the article

Things that did not surprise me: this

What a surprise. I wonder how many millions of our fucking tax dollars got wasted on this?

>It appears that the programs specifications and requirements have changed and need to be rewritten before the program can move forward.
Why does this happen every fucking time?

Attached: 1510459430503.png (455x717, 401K)

t. Pierre Sprey

>what was the point?
The requirements weren't tailored enough towards whatever weapon they already decided they want to purchase [probably a SIG or something else with sufficiently jewish ownership].

none, the 13 current contracts were cancelled

With H&K coming out and saying they aren't going to sell to israel, I guarantee it won't be one of their's.

meaning they are rewriting the requirements to avoid the guarenteed protests that the losers will file

So I guess we’re gonna see a p90 vs mp7 faceoff now. Better than seeing these scrub pcc’s battle it out only to lose to a 60 year old turk roach mp5

meanwhile in reality the Army is buying the M110A1 from HK

t. lock-mart shill.

I believe the wheels were well in motion on that purchase before H&K made their policy change.

Why the hell hasn't HK come out with a polymer framed, roller delayed blow back(for the reduced recoil and superior suppress-ability compared to regular blowback), 9mm or meme AP caliber SMG with updated AR15-style controls? Maybe even make it a bullpup. I honestly think with this kind of design, they'd push the P90 out of the market and maybe even bring back the SMG as a concept.

They should have probably specified they wanted a small SMG, not a normal sized one. Carbines have supplanted SMGs but the latter can still go smaller to the point where its worth it as a specialized alternative.

Ha, no they wouldnt.

You really don't know what you are talking about do you?

>grip magwell
>4-6" barrel

Would have solved that.

Why not then

God I love Hk

you can build a roller delayed AR upper out of a cut up MP5, with extensive modification, obviously. Some guy on weaponsguild did it.

I'd love to see HK make a factory version.

Attached: Mp16_zpse391fef5[1].jpg~original.jpg (800x597, 61K)

You forgot
>go blind
>deaf

An SMG generally avoids this. Going bullpup or at least mag-in-grip also allows it to achieve some extreme sizes. Use a wire folding or retractable stock and it is as small as a bangstick can get without being a handgun.

Why do they do this every time.

Attached: 1514434190347.jpg (655x527, 59K)

jesus christ user stop, my dick can only get so hard

Why not just go with machine pistols for sidearms instead?

can't stop won't stop been around the corner

Attached: MP16exploded_zpsfa6eb2be[1].jpg~original.jpg (800x618, 30K)

Maybe if H&K wasn't basically bankrupt

>I'd love to see HK make a factory version.
It's called the G41, but I think HK sold the rights to the design, and it never really went into production.

>new German and US military rifle contracts
>bankrupt

?

the G41 uses a stanag magwell, but it's not literally just an AR15 compatible upper

Attached: latest[1].png (490x214, 156K)

Shucks, you got me.

So I can't shitpost this anymore? :-(

Attached: Screenshot_20180518-090046.png (1080x1920, 1.35M)

I think a 9mm AR kit would make sense. Let armorers convert existing M-16 and M-4 lowers already in the inventory to 9mm when desired. They can be converted back to 5.56 if desired as well.

Makes more sense than buying an entire new platform.

Because a full auto handgun is uncontrollable and worthless for a target beyond 10 yards. While a SMG with a proper stock can mag dump 30 rounds of 9mm in a decent group.

>H&K coming out and saying they aren't going to sell to israel
hmm wonder why the vp9 failed mac's fagtest

Attached: matzaarmschannel.jpg (608x342, 48K)

The future of close quarters killing is .300 blk or maybe a renaissance of 6.8.

Fuck pistol caliber anything. Nobody gives a shit about peacetime pictures of faggy Navy SEALs posing with MP5s from the 80s.

don't be fooled, if H&K isn't selling to jews it's only because they're pro-palestine, pro-islam now.

Attached: FC94DA96-D4EF-4FA4-B3D8-557D02F38F8F.jpg (1434x880, 368K)

Holy shit. His latest vid shits all over HK too. Does his (((shilling))) ever end?

Fuck Israel

*nervous hand rubbing intensifies*

As much as I wanna believe this, he shills for MKE (turkish) too and gave a glowing review to the USP 45

he's a kike enabler.
He sucks the Jew dick in the galil video.

Fuck that kiked up AK. Get a SCAR

>implying it's a bad choice

inshallah, brother

Depends on what you are buying, like Marines buying the M27 despite the URGI being superior in their own testing.

Why even bother when pic related exists

Attached: 1499671365858.jpg (550x550, 15K)

You're right, but that probably would have been the natural evolution of it.

HK doesn't sell to Israel or other terrorist-compromised states, because they don't want their products to wind up in the wrong hands. They're very protective of being the premier law-enforcement/counterterrorism brand.They don't want to become the new Kalashnikov.

The Sig rattlers in 300BLK socom purchased must work. Interesting. Still need to see some field reports.

Haha

>.300 blk
The short barrel performance of this round and it's ability to be suppressed easily really fascinate me. Would it be retarded to use subsonic suppressed 300 blackout short barrel with frangible rounds for home defense?

lol, kids these days. how much profit do you think they make on those contracts? for the firearms industry it's about fuck all. and their belt fed for the german army doesn't even work, so hasn't entered formal service after years of developement. alone none of those contracts are going to get hk out of their nearly 200 million debt, and that's after restructuring. they're relying on junk bonds and an expansion into the us handgun market to survive.

hk is basically a leason in corporate malfeseance and mismanagement. if you want the gory details just do some googling.

>frangible rounds
Be careful about that. Most ammo that is advertised as being "frangible" just means that it is designed to shatter when it hits steel. It'll still go through your bedroom wall.

Maybe they'll bring back the G11 as a last resort.

fuck user, my sides are in orbit

caseless telescoped rounds have huge technical flaws, the overengineered rifle didn't help

i really want a honey badger

Attached: HB-BRACE-RIGHT-CLOSED_600x600.jpg (600x300, 12K)

But the US Space Force will need a service rifle.

which means something better than the g11

Gyrojet?

It never amounted to anything.

Attached: VBR-B_PDW.jpg (540x370, 46K)

>Army looking into getting weapon it doesn't really need
>Canceled the program because its a waste of money.

Who woulda thunk.

I hope we get plasma blasters at some point in time, hell the AF already got success with the MARAUDER, and that was in the mid 90s. Who knows what kind of spoopy shit they got in underground bunkers.

>a government agency actively choosing NOT to squander literally billions of taxpayer dollars on bullshit

A lot less common than you'd have every right and reason to expect.

Mark my words this program was cancelled due to the release of the SIG Rattler PDW weapon.

These MP5 clones are almost as expensive yet offer a fraction of the range, barrier penetration, and terminal balistics of intermediate rifle calibers like 5.56 and .300blk

Attached: rattler_5.jpg (745x420, 85K)

>MSRP $2,700
WTF?

What a waste of resources and money.

>Stop inflating the defense budget if you're not going to produce anything FFS

Supposedly it was still in use by vehicle crews as late as Desert Storm, can't find any solid proof of the claim other than a couple articles online, and certainly no proof of it still being in service in recent years.

Hmmmmm. You reckon soft points or hollow points would work?

I suspect that's the inflated civilian price.

But, we spend that much for other weapons, such as the Scar 17

How much is a soldiers life worth? We spend close to a million dollars for each infantrymans training and benefits. Why not give them the best equipment possible?

>SIG Rattler PDW weapo
Jesus christ I really hope they don't waste our tax money on this crap. If you think the P320 was a debacle, go read user reports on Sig's recent rifles.

just slap a 8.5 inch 300 blackout upper on the m4
done

This

No need for an entire new platform when the M-16/M4 can already be swapped to either 9mm or .300 blk with minimal time and effort.

Unless they want a PDW for vehicles that is ultra compact and can fold up. The buffer tube on the AR platform does make it a little large compared to PDW since it can't fold up.

I thought the rattler was in 300.
I'm sure there are youtube videos out there about what the best 300 ammo is for home defense, but I would probably just stick with JHP.

>Why not give them the best equipment possible?
Because "Sig" and "best" don't belong in the same sentence.

>But, we spend that much for other weapons, such as the Scar 17

>How much is a soldiers life worth?

the military doesn't spend anything like that on scars. iirc the feds were getting either version for less than 1k.

Space 'muhreen pistol contract is enough to keep H&K alive.

Attached: Frost_with_VP70.jpg (1280x688, 123K)

Pretty retarded.
I mean, it would work fine with the right ammo, but if you were buying a gun specifically for that purpose, .300 blackout would be a pretty silly choice.
The benefit of 300 blackout over .45 ACP is higher BC, so it retains more of its meager 500 ft*lb at long range. For home defense, that doesn't matter.
Meanwhile, .45 ACP has even better short barrel performance, and is available in handier platforms thanks to fitting through a pistol grip.

>The benefit of .300 blackout
of subsonic .300 blackout, that is.

>If you think the P320 was a debacle, go read user reports on Sig's recent rifles.

The debacle of asshurt Glock fans greatly exaggerating something that was already being fixed, or Nutn breaking his MCX and Sig redesigning part of the operating system to account for mongoloids like him?

I'd prefer an SBR with a buttstock, foregrip, flashlight, red dot, and 30 rounds on deck to a handgun for a home defense weapon. The advantage of 300 vs 45 for that situation isn't so much in the round itself. And yeah, there are pistol caliber carbines you could use too, but I'm not sure how reliable most of them are with cycling JHP defensive loads vs ball.

>only Glockfags criticize Sig
Stop fanboying, and come to terms that any company that tries to pass off safety recalls on FIREARMS of all things as "voluntary upgrades" is shitty and Jewish.

I know. I won two of their contracts on fbo. Its horse shit but they are rewritting the contract with myself and 2 other companies.

Its completley normal this time of year to see contracts be posted multiple times. The 1st time is to get a market price. Then the contracting officer gets with the ones he/she likes and writes the contract so only they can win it.

Attached: 1530146566648.jpg (2304x1536, 450K)

Pure coincidence that even Mateen's MCX jammed during the Orlando shooting. Must've been ammo related!

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/they-took-too-damn-long-inside-the-police-response-to-the-orlando-shooting/2016/08/01/67a66130-5447-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html?noredirect=on

>you don't have to be a Glock fanboy to criticize Sig
>defending Sig makes you a Sig fanboy

Tell us more about your hypocritical rationalizations.

My scorpion has close to 2,000 rds through it with zero malfunctions of any kind. Several hundred have been hollow point ammo.

Out of the 7.75 inch barrel using +p 9mm it has similar muzzle energy to a 10mm or .357 magnum out of a 4" barrel. Nobody would consider a standard size 10mm or .357 mag pistol weak. 9mm +p out of a carbine barrel is pretty decent. And ammo costs are awesome so I can go to the range often and blast off 300 rounds without hurting my wallet. I think PCC is a great choice for home defence. It's basically a .357 magnum pistol that you can aim much better since you have a brace and optic and 30rds instead of 6.