What's a Jow Forums approved sword that's good for boar hunting that isn't a katana

What's a Jow Forums approved sword that's good for boar hunting that isn't a katana

Attached: 300px-Uncrossed_gladius.jpg (300x300, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCnDAPCQqiA
osograndeknives.com/catalog/spears/cold-steel-95boask-boar-spear-includes-secure-ex-sheath-374.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunting_sword
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mosin Nagant

You mean a spear? You don't want that thing close to you.

>sword
Get a spear. Swords are for bipedal combat

Boar spear. Swords are too close for comfort.

Attached: B84B6772-3099-437C-9200-649282BC4F43.jpg (550x550, 83K)

>katana
thats a meme sword made from shit-tier steel.

Boar hunting is good with spears but Halberd
are good too

Attached: 31x3MjPJROL_480x480.jpg (480x270, 6K)

You cant afford one.

Attached: KHM boar sword.jpg (1200x1432, 571K)

Good idea but get out of here with that gook crap.

Attached: large_25377_CS89MSW-01.jpg (1165x1154, 74K)

the original ge and then ji spear looked a lot better than the new song dynasty ji with there moon fetishes and fantasy crap. its a shame no one really reproduces the original dagger-axe

Attached: Chinese_dagger-axe_and_related_polearms.svg.png (440x322, 25K)

I don't know... a boar sword? I mean, it's all in the name. You have a horse do you?

Attached: 5a5c5ae05887597ae0f5d519889baeaa.jpg (600x400, 23K)

Attached: germanboarsword.jpg (997x477, 157K)

speciality toys like this, the town and the executioner sword make exclusively so lords would do random shit but still look fancy are the bubba of the medieval era.

You want a proper boar spear with prongs that will keep the spear from overpenetrating. The last thing you want is to
>stab a boar
>piss it off
>have it charge towards you sliding up the shaft of spear not giving a fuck that you stabbed it
>and gore you

The prongs behind the blase help you keep the boar away from you and also not get your spear stuck and drop it.

Attached: CS95BOASKb.jpg (1415x700, 45K)

>t. never read anything longer than 2000 characters

where's the counter-argument?

fpbp

Where's the argument?

Chech a Saufeder

Read up some hunters accounts. Hunting with a spear without shooting the animal first is suicide if you don't know what you're doing. The spear is sometimes used for finishing it off after a bad shot... and even then, hunters get especially reinforced ones so the head doesn't break off the shaft. Boar are strong as fuck. I wouldn't want to trust my life on cold steel crap against them.

Hunting with a sword instead of a spear is aristocratic fuckery in the first place. The sword is well designed for the task though.

right there. it's a shit sword made from shit steel.

That's an assertion not an argument. My response was to imply that you're making this assertion because you're an ignorant bitch which is as much of a counterargument as that deserves.

Attached: Black Steve.jpg (500x500, 42K)

t. buttmad Tyrone.

Where's the argument?

bix nood m'fugga

Yeah that's what I thought faggot.

Attached: Nippon smug.png (1183x699, 365K)

yeah, you tell him!

As some others posted the spear would be the best "Melee" weapon but if your stupid enough to use a sword i would argue the dadao as the best for stopping boar in its tracks.

Attached: Dadao.png (300x535, 393K)

You do realize boar spears originated for, get this, hunting boars.

Any slashing weapon against a boar is asking for trouble. Your timing would have to be impeccable

If it has to be a sword use a longsword, or some suitably long zweihander.

>all this talk about spears
>no one hunts boar with a dagger
bunch of slack jawed faggots in here.

Here in America we hunt feral boar with AR15s, among other things.

You're more of a pussy than malnourished peasants 800 years ago if you're too afraid to hunt a boar with a spear.

Use a Pilum.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

didnt people used to hunt boars specifically with spears back in the day?

A ar in 300 duh

Just use a bow or something like that if you wanna go traditional. Or trap the thing and then stab it in the ass with a spear.

>What's a Jow Forums approved sword that's good for boar hunting that isn't a katana
Spear, make sure you use a boar hunting spear that has a crossguard after the blade. If it doesn't have it, a boar will continue charging to gore you even if it means impaling himself much more deeply on the spear.

Even using a boar hunting spear, they can still frequently gore people. Using a sword is begging for a guaranteed gore'ing.

But really, you should understand a boar is a very dangerous creature. Far more likely to fuck you up than a black bear. You shouldn't be trying to hunt them like it's the middle ages. Use a fucking shotgun or high powered rifle.

katanas Jow Forums approved given you follow the rules:
dont talk about owning a katana
dont make videos of you chopping bottels pool noodels fruit ect.
dont own a cheap or "tactical" katana
dont let the katana be the only sword you own, it should be part of a collection HEMA fags are just weebs in sheeps clothing.

also dont hunt pigs with any sword you sperg

>Implying that a Jow Forumsommando is smart enough to stay at least arms length away from a pissed off boar.

>Implying that fucking the boar to death is a bad option

Hunting boars was a test of valor in some societies because it was dangerous. It was done in groups too. And peasants did not hunt, that was an aristocratic privilege. Shows what you know.

>hurr hunting is dangerous
no fucking shit retard

>hunting only exist in medieval england
it should be legal to hunt retards

>And peasants did not hunt, that was an aristocratic privilege.
Wrong, only certain types of hunting and game was a noble privilege. Hunting boar from horseback and/or with crossbows would have been a noble privilege. Hunting boars on foot with pack dogs and spears was free for all.

sink

Attached: eastern_yurop.gif (284x213, 1.52M)

Ignoring the shitty branding name, ZT's saber would work. Its over weight for a saber, which works out in favor for hunting. These things are over built and very robust, so it isnt going to break and the extra heft will help getting good effect on Mr. Onker. Hunting sabers were used on boar, and if you insist on not using a spear like a sensible person, I cant think of better modern option.

Attached: dcap_sabre_kydex_1200.jpg (1200x571, 28K)

>Hunting is dangerous
If you ignore gun safety and basic common sense... or hunt boars with a spear, yes.
>The boar was a highly dangerous animal to hunt; it would fight ferociously when under attack, and could easily kill a dog, a horse, or a man. It was hunted par force, and when at bay, a hound like a mastiff could perhaps be foolhardy enough to attack it, but ideally it should be killed by a rider with a spear.
Nobody saying it can't be done, but it is dangerous even if the hunter(s) know what they are doing... which you clearly don't. But please, do go on and leave the world one idiot poorer.

checked

Attached: hi calelber.gif (647x679, 43K)

cant go wrong with a hunting saber as long as you use it correctly, as to say, use it with hunting dogs

Attached: 2.jpg (800x600, 138K)

>video doesn't show part when the driver roll over the stunned boar
Shame...
youtube.com/watch?v=KCnDAPCQqiA

gonna go with boar spear you sperg. not any spear will do, boar spears have wings so that you can twist the blade and keep them from impaling themselves on it further to just maim you a little before they die

osograndeknives.com/catalog/spears/cold-steel-95boask-boar-spear-includes-secure-ex-sheath-374.html

This is what I'm thinking about getting, the cold steel boar spear. It's actually very good.

The head of a pilum is meant to bend after use, so I don't think that'll really work.

hunting cuttoe is the absolutely correct answer

pic A FINE LATE 18th CENTURY GERMAN CUTTOE/HUNTING-SWORD, ca. 1790

they are not too expensive but hold value and well made examples are relatively common

Attached: boar1.jpg (700x140, 14K)

you wanted a sword so
but if you want a polearm pic related
German Boar Spear, 17th C, modern sporting versions are available but avoid any sold as mall ninja weaponry as opposed to actual hunting

Attached: BST-1.jpg (887x198, 21K)

Y-you know guns exist, right user?

>B-but why do you NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a sword?
You and every other cockfag that comes into melee threads with this shit should rediscover the lost art of hiding threads you don't like.

Don't use a sword, get a spear instead and learn how to use it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunting_sword
Goes with a gun or bow. Could also use with a catch dog, but be careful to not to hit doggo. Ideally you'd cut the boar's throat, but you could also stab it in the vitals or try to severe the spinal cord with an over-hand cut. The throat is a straightforward target while the other two are easy to foul up.

I don't know about boar hunting, but I recommend the Jian for peasant hunting

Attached: 201603141616140156.jpg (1200x508, 164K)