So are bumpstocks banned now?

So are bumpstocks banned now?
They said there would be a 90 day comment period that would end on the 27th of June or something.
Well that comment period has ended. Are they illegal now?

The feds said the new regulation they've suggested means people either spent 15 or got 15 dollars to destroy their 250-500 dollar bumpstocks.
Is that happening now?

The only news I can find is "hey the ATF is talking about doing this thing." Rather than ATF having done said thing.

I don't want to be a felon overnight, but I dont want to get rid of my bumpstock until it's absolutely regulated illegal. So wtf is going on?

Attached: bump-stock-mp[1].jpg (655x437, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7RdAhTxyP64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>So
Is OP a faggot?

A faggot that seeks knowledge.

The federal rulemaking process is as follows: the proposed rule is published with open comment period. Now they must publish the actual rule, assuming it is not stayed by a court order (hint, it probably will be stayed until a judge rules on it).

So it's currently in the air if they'll publish it or not?

Attached: 20170101_074741.jpg (2656x1494, 1.8M)

Yes, its not actaully implemented as a rule yet

>complying with bullshit laws

>actually complying with bump stock ban
Why

I'm actually trying to sell it now since it's now just up in the air if they'll pass it.
It seems to risky for me, when I could just sell it to somebody for the same price I bought it at.
It'll be on them to destroy it after they're the new owner and the law passes during their ownership.

I'm actually worried what my dad is going to do with his should this become illegal. He's a boomer neocon and could easily see him complying. Not that I really care about bump stocks, but I'm going to pop a blood vessel if he does after all his "don't tread on me" rhetoric.

Some rules are even published and still stayed by court orders years after their "effective date" due to legal challenges. The bureaucracy is evil and authoritarian, But at least it is slow and incompetent.

>validating bullshit laws by complying with them

Keep it even if you never plan on using it. Don't be a fag.

>Get 500 dollars out of it now
>versus get 15 dollars and a shot dog

Call him out on not actually practicing what he preaches, -5 respect points, move on with your life

ANYONE GOT THE OFFICIAL RULE THE ATF ARE TRYING TO PUT IN RIGHT NOW?
WHERE IS THIS 15 DOLLAR THING POPPING OUT FROM AND IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION NEEDED????

The only thing popping up on google is from like december of 2017

Attached: 5bee473ab4[1].png (598x174, 62K)

Yeah, I will. He'd turn fucking red as a tomato. I just don't want him to get rid of it. Selfishly, I'd still want it just because you'll never be able to buy one again.

Good goyim

Pic of your third pin hole or gtfo

The company that made them voluntarily went out of business. I guess the owner just decided to close up shop after making a buttload of cash off the panic buying.

The lefties have already forgotten about this, and moved on to the next flavor-of-the-month "muh children" faux outrage, like they always do after a mass shooting.

Memetech (((Echo))) and Franklin Armory Binary triggers, which are what everyone with brains was actually worried about getting banned anyway, are still widely available, and are cheaper than they were before the whole bumpstock scare.

My opinion is that nothing will come of it. The ATF will probably put out some wishy-washy opinion letter a year from now about how people who already own them can still use them, but new ones can't be made anymore, even though the company that made them already closed down anyway. Trump already made his off-the-cuff comments about how they should be banned, but never really followed through on it.

The most important thing to take away from all this is that the NRA are a bunch of compromising, sniveling cuckolds who fold at the first sign of resistance. Anyone still giving them money is a tard.

Attached: 1525387040024.jpg (716x437, 45K)

>liberals cry about something
>some new rule goes through
>liberals stop paying attention
>government goes through with the rule
>some asshole uses it again, illegally
>liberals mad wondering why it wasn't banned before

The future I see of bumpstocks. Totally expect after this comment period they'll be clapped.

You first, nerd.

My AR, like my trap bf, only has 2 holes to penetrate. Mr. ATF.

I... what?

Does ATF even have the right to ban it? Laws can only be made by congress.

The rule that you had to register all drones got overturned in court because the FAA doesn't have the authority to make laws, only congress.

It is one of the important checks and balances in our government. Only the legislative branch made up of elected officials can write laws. Bureaucrats in the executive branch who are not elected to office have no law making authority, period.

>wasting $ on a bumpstock
>being such a basedboi you can't bumpfire without one

I'm glad bumpstock may be b&. If you need to buy a special buttstock to bumpfire, you don't deserve to have guns.

Attached: GUEST_2416140175_1282109896.gif (500x400, 165K)

They interpret the law and make their case before the judiciary if their interpretation is bad.

Borrow it from him and 'lose it' on a fishing trip. When this all blows over and he is dead, you will claim it for your inheritance and be one of the few who got one before companies stopped making them.

Isn't normal bumpfiring from the hip?
It's way better to have a hold of my gun on the shoulder when I bumpfire.

>Get carabiner
> get para cord
>??????
>bump fire

>Does ATF even have the right to ban it?
The ATF doesn't have the right to enforce any gun laws, but here we are. Yeah, we can talk about checks and balances and whatnot, but they're already ignoring the Constitution by enforcing gun control.

You can bumpfire a lot of ways. From the hip, shoulder, from a bench, whatever.

Regulations take time to pass, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after this year's elections to fuck gun owners in the ass to make sure gun owners don't just stay home and not vote.

You can totally bumpfire from the shoulder.
youtu.be/7RdAhTxyP64

Did they shoah gat cranks? I lost track of this bullshit

and after that that one office has to actually decide if it CAN be implimented

>(Insert scary thing here) Is made illegal
>That illegal thing is used illegally for an illegal goal
>liberals mad wondering why it isn't illegal
This right here.

Although, honestly, it's just not a liberal thing. A lot of people think the things they don't like should be illegal, like guns, drugs, abortion, open immigration, prostitution, etc., and a lot of people think the things they do like should be mandatory, like military service, Insane taxes, state control of anything, free anything.

Moral of the story is, do it if you like it, don't if you don't, and just leave each other alone.

>Moral of the story is, do it if you like it, don't if you don't, and just leave each other alone.
Hahaha stupid edgy libertarian kid. The government should enforce my beliefs on everyone. Hahaha.

Faggot.

Attached: 5da4b022-0162-4bda-a961-ac56e9b55b4e.png (768x1024, 1.04M)

>It'll be on them to destroy it after they're the new owner and the law passes during their ownership.

Why? It’s not like it’s got OnStar or some shit. If you don’t have the hair to tuck it away, then sell it to somebody who has the fortitude to keep it against future need.

Boomers are a lost cause you should just take it from him before he does something stupid with it

What is it with you fags and traps? This is an atrocity, the trans forced meme warrants me to start killing uwu faced faggots.

based and redpilled

>The most important thing to take away from all this is that the NRA are a bunch of compromising, sniveling cuckolds who fold at the first sign of resistance.
Pretty much this. They didn't even pretend to try and "compromise". They didn't swap bump stocks for the HPA. They just fucking rolled over like the spineless fucks they are.

Reported :^)

>get carabiner and parcord to bumpfire AR
>atf determines biner+cord could be used to make your AK full-auto
>atf bumpfires your dog

Attached: fun on a gun.jpg (3072x1728, 2.2M)

Attached: b5f.jpg (500x491, 28K)

How would you set that up with an AR though

For bumpfire? I dunno, ask For full-auto? No can do, unless you have one of those dorky reciprocating side-charger uppers.

Damn I was hoping for a simple solution

>Open immigration
Stop right there faggot, that's not at all comparable to anything else you listed.

>which are what everyone with brains was actually worried about getting banned anyway
You're fucking retarded. While the ATF going back on their decades old decision that pulls/releases of the trigger are two separate actions and therefore not a machinegun would be really bad for the other effects it would have, it wouldn't have anywhere near the effect on the future of guns that a decision that anything that can assist in bumpfiring = a machine gun would have. The first would just show that ATF letters aren't worth the paper they're written on and the ATF could go after people operating in gray areas where ATF letters are necessary at any time, the second on the other hand would mean that the days are numbered for anything capable of firing another shot by simply releasing the trigger and pulling it again up to and including double action revolvers and double barrel shotguns that use a single trigger.

>would mean that the days are numbered for anything capable of firing another shot by simply releasing the trigger and pulling it again up to and including double action revolvers and double barrel shotguns that use a single trigger.
They are. Anything remotely semi auto will be banned eventually. Or so heavily restricted that they might as well be.

BRAAAAAAPPPPP

But currently it isn't practical for the ATF to go directly for that due to the lack of any relevant precedent, so instead congress would need to act which is a much more drawn out and easier to fight process vs the executive branch enacting it unilaterally (no, Obama couldn't just up and do this unilaterally via executive order during his time as president no matter how many retards insisted he could). Precedents being set by the government's actions are a much bigger issue than the immediate issue of whether you lose your bumpstock toy or your pull/release trigger toy.

Would not be suprised if this isn't sarcastic. This sounds like something someone would actually say/believe these days.
Damn straight.

Attached: sabersofculture.png (500x391, 73K)

I wonder if the ATF would mistake my cat for a dog?

Attached: 1521412909024.jpg (480x640, 104K)

pets you say?

Attached: fucking ATF.jpg (512x384, 17K)

Libertarian is and should be how America runs.
Anything else is not freedom.