First Gun

Okay lads nogunz here, looking to become hasgunz. Would this be alright for someone who hasnt shot too much before? I like the portability, cheapness and relatively cheap ammo. Alternative 9mm carbines?

Attached: Kel-Tec-Sub-2000-1-e1514837009241.jpg (600x448, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-g2sub-r.htm
sgammo.com/product/12-gauge-ammo/250-round-case-12-gauge-275-inch-9-pellet-oo-buck-shot-sellier-bellot-ammo-sb1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

make sure you get the one with glock magazines. just dont get the hipoint, proprietary mags and much bulkier. i think beretta makes a cheap carbine too

>We have recently identified an issue with the heat treatment of certain steel tubes received from a third‐party supplier from which the barrels for a limited number of Kel‐Tec SUB‐2000 rifles were manufactured. This could potentially cause the barrel to rupture when a cartridge is fired and could result in serious personal injury. The safety of our customers is our primary concern, so Kel‐Tec has voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a barrel rupturing.
>This recall only affects a portion of SUB‐2000s that were manufactured in 2017.

>All costs associated with the recall of your firearm shall be covered by Kel‐Tec.

Buy it from a place that has high turnover so it isn't one from 2017 sitting on the shelf

Bump

Im also a nogunz and I looking for any anons to tell me if the AAC Honey Badger is a good gun to eventually buy
>sorry OP
The only thing I know about gunz is what Paul Harrel teaches me so any links to where I can learn more about guns is also appreciated

Attached: 1507157463737.png (548x469, 154K)

Kel-Tec carbines are kinda hard to find nowadays. Same with the Beretta Cx4 Storm that would be the other good 9mm carbine option.

You'd have an easier time finding a Hi-Point 995. They usually only go for $200-250 but like somebody else said, they use proprietary mags but they're not that expensive still.

Try the new Ruger.

Best way to look about it is if you get it in carbine will you get it in handgun?
.380 is you can do better
9mm is cheap but effective
.40 is hahahahhaha
.45acp is expensive but hurts more

>from 2017 sitting on the shelf
No one that isn't asking $500 still has a 9mm sub2k...
I wish I had held out and bought a 9mm version. 40s&w does pick up a pretty impressive amount of velocity over 12 more inches with hand loads though... Pretty sharp recoil since it's designed for 9mm. Buy the glock version and a butt load of ets magazines...

Attached: 20170710_221237.jpg (2048x1152, 802K)

.380 is for shitty holdout guns
9mm has stayed around for a good reason. It's cheap and easy to shoot. Don't listen to the memes, it can do plenty of damage with the right loads.

.40 S&W is more expensive than 9mm and just unpleasant to shoot. Also it's starting to decrease in popularity in the LEO circles that primarily use it now so good luck feeding your gun in a decade or two.

.45ACP is pricier but has all the stopping power you could ever want outside of magnum revolvers and Deagles. Recoil is significantly more than 9mm but not as snappy as .40.

meeeehhhh? They're OK guns but your sighting options are gonna be shit. I'd steer more toward a glock magazine AR.

midwest makes a mount for attaching red dots that allows you to still fold the gun while it's attached
midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-g2sub-r.htm

>.45ACP is pricier but has all the stopping power you could ever want

please stop

He clearly needs .22 lr because that will just bounce around and scramble their insides.

Id sell one to ya for a crumpled 100 dollar bill

This
The thought of it makes my boipussy wet

CZ scorpion with folding or telescoping brace. There are several options for it now. I own the SB tactical folding brace but wish I had gotten a tailhook now.

Pic related. It's the tailhook. Top gun uses the factory stock and is a SBR requiring a license. Bottom uses the CZ stock hinge and cheek rest but a tailhook brace. It is legally a brace and requires no paperwork.

Attached: G7Fcqh9.jpg (720x481, 69K)

Scorpion micro with telescoping tailhook brace and mlock fore end is also coming out "soon".

Attached: CZ-Scorpion-EVO-1.jpg (674x379, 85K)

mmm..

Attached: do want.gif (1000x776, 3.2M)

Get an AR-10

Attached: xoLmbb4.jpg (600x600, 54K)

I second on the high point. I had a kel tec and it wasnt great. The front sight is glued on plastic and started to walk on me after heavy use, the folding hinge is cheap as well. I like kel tec and they stand by their stuff but its the worst thing they make and its overpriced. The .22 WMR CMG by kel tec is a better gun for the money if you want kel tec. If you are set on 9mm the highpoint is cheaper, better built and shoots better, mine isa 100 yard tack driver. They have proprietary mags and the dont hold much, the extended mags are dumb and it doesn't fold. I guess take your pick. High point stands by their products as well as kel tec does. The last couple years have been good for high point, their quality has gotten alot better.

I would honestly start with a .22 bolt action.

your first gun should be a .22 or a shotgun
shotgun if you want home defense gun
mav88 is the k approved poorfag first gun

but yeah those 9mm carbines are fun and easy to learn with
an excellent choice. lotta mags. you'll love it. hell I've even heard good things about hi point carbines

>id suggest saving up for the ruger pc9 if you can find it in stores

40 is a mistake

how come

meme caliber. not better than 9mm in any useful way other than penetrating slightly further in ballistics tests, having less capacity, bullets costing more and snappier recoil with no appreciable benefit

Uhh look into getting a SIG MCX instead.
Getting a true AAC honeybadger will be a pain in the ass, getting a Q one will be difficult as well but I guess it could be done, but would rather go with the MCX personally. That's just my two cents. But hey your money your tax stamps.

>your first HD gun should be low capacity, high recoil, with a steeper learning curve
When will the 12g first HD gun meme die? Take a newfag out shooting and compare their results between a pump shotty, a semi pistol and semi rifle.

In a carbine or in non limp wrist loading 40 shits all over 9mm.. I just wish nosler still made 135gr projectiles so I could hit 1600fps out of my glock 22... FBI is switching back for even more sjw reasoning than why 40 was created...

Most home defense shots are under 10 yards. Probably under 5 yards.

If they can't remove the entire bullseye and 9 ring of a target with buckshot at 7 yards then they shouldn't own a gun.

Have them do it fast, with any sort of follow up. They'll shit the bed. Idk why you guys are in such denial about pump 12g being a terrible beginner HD weapon. It's extremely effective, but not in the hands of newfags.

Dont get the 40 that takes beretta mags my buddies wont feed right and never has hes been putting in feed ramps and messing with mags for over a year it kinda turned me off to the sub 2k ....and the gen 2s had the twisty front sight did they fix that ?

This
If you want one, get a first gen. I have one chambered in .40 (fuck it was a gift) and it’s served me great. I keep it in my car because I’m only 20. Order ammo and mags online because good luck finding someone in store that will sell to you if you’re not 21. Also you can one hand the lelkek and it’s pretty fun.

If you want something super reliable, with panty wetting class that you can pass down as a family heirloom. See pic related.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

>unpleasant to shoot
>

What's the one on the bottom and can a left handed shooter (I'm not leftyscum, just retarded eyes) effectively utilize a loading gate on the right side?

>modern "Henry"
>heirloom

wait to aim high

it loads from a slot in the tube from the from the muzzle end. totally ambi

>playing spot the weakling manlet
>found him

40 is fine if your not a woman or complete limp wrist

Yeah, they're alright.

>alternatives
Ruger New PC9
CZ Scorpion Evo
Beretta CX4 Storm

Hi-Points are ok, cheap and works. Obviously, there's much nicer alternatives.

It's not awful in a carbine, but you can typically do better.

This.
Under stress many undertrained, inexperienced people have half racked and pulled the trigger on an empty chamber.

>no loading gate
I will hold this against Henry until they fix this.

What's the last year that is still quality?

He's bullshitting, they're good quality.
They don't have a loading gate though.

Make sure its a gen 2 and check the serial against the recall, other than that get one with glock or beretta mags
Gods speed nogunz

I will second this.

I got a hipoint as my first gun, and while I've had no problems with it, it basically just collects dust now. I feel like if I had bought a sub2k I'd still use it every now and then. Plus it's a pretty decent travel gun, can fit inside a backpack. And while I agree Glock mags would be best, any mag type is still better than hipoints shitty 10 round mags.

Hell I still do that shooting skeet when I try to get fancy.

Pistol first lad.

12 for the win. Yes nigger, it's a beast to shoot for the untrained. Buy a case of the low brass buck and experiment with shouldering. Pro tip: its great because it's slings a bunch of pellets and you don't have to be super accurate.

sgammo.com/product/12-gauge-ammo/250-round-case-12-gauge-275-inch-9-pellet-oo-buck-shot-sellier-bellot-ammo-sb1
$100 after S&H. Not recommended for HD because it's low brass and the empty may stick in the barrel after firing, just range use. Not a problem though. You just gotta rack the pump harder than usual to get it out.
Walmart rem, win or federal works fine for HD.

Henry is still one of the best quality firearms you can buy. Fit and finish is always superb. I have a newer Marlin 336 and it is feels like chinese junk compared to a Henry.

Henry will keep reminding you how a fine and relatively affordable firearm can be Made in America.

Attached: HENRY-BIG-BOY-357-DUO-1.jpg (751x339, 185K)

If I were you, I'd get a Glock and a Micro Roni conversion shell that lets you turn it into a pistol caliber carbine. It's like having two guns in one, should you need something for concealed carry, and the Glock is probably more reliable than the Lel-Kek.

I hate Glocks but I'm telling you this because I've heard some less than wonderful things about the Sub2K.

You're better off buying an AR-15 OP. More versatility and accessories.

and yet because of the owner's autism they will never have a basic upgrade that has been standard for the last 150 years

Currently I have a perma-hard on for the B&T TP9. Also available as pistol with brace.

Attached: bt-tp9.jpg (3361x2241, 3.04M)

Why the FUCK would you buy a Roni over a MechTech
That thing is straight fucking retarded and forces you to use a cuck brace.