Heavy Auto Rifles

What is the practicality of a heavy caliber auto rifle for anti infantry armor/anti light vehicle engagements?I understand that recoil would be a serious issue at range, but at

Attached: Codex_har.bimage.png (770x294, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBntnnCFvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=jwu3ivAJ68U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does that thing work?

Pic related is from a videogame. It was just the first thing I thought of for an image.

Like .50 beowulf or .450 bushmaster? Not useful at all. Anything that cant be defeated by 40mm and 7.62 can be dealt with using whatever launchers you have, if not that then you should have brought more serious armor. Both aforementioned rounds were intended as used in "checkpoint" guns, but any self respecting checkpoint will have a .50 in some capacity.

Aye. I suppose I can see that.

Its just a fucking beltfed gpmg with vidya game furniture you fucking mong

Attached: 1530683206483.gif (411x227, 3.76M)

Doomguy wills it so

The thing that concerns me most about the D44M rifle is that it appears to have a 6-7 inch barrel, assuming the bulging part is mostly the chamber. That's going just a bit too far, even if it is for fighting melee-happy demons in tight confines.

Video game weapons have to be inaccurate. Otherwise there's no video game.

It's one of the most accurate weapons in the game though.

Good if you're Master Chief, not so good if you're the avergae infantryman. The ammo alone would be a nightmare to drag around.

It is, but it's not really comparable to any decent modern rifle.

What about the beefyboi infantry? I'm sure there are strongmen in the military.

One day.

looks like a hybrid chemical-rail machine gun.
why ever the fuck you would do that is beyond me tho.

exoskellies are the obvious solution.
no need to go full spartan if you just have to haul mass.

I got your average infantryman right here

Attached: starship troopers.jpg (326x500, 151K)

>carries a y rack woth a dozen high ex missiles
>batman belt full of various grenades
>optional 2 nukes
>hand flamer
>jump jets
>punches hard enough to go completely through solider bugs
>strong enough to rip the arms and legs off of a solider bug like paper
These guys could easily use the Doomguy's rifle or any other weapon.

M.I. are really the coolest space marines desu.
>A suit isn't a space suit, although it can serve as one. It is not primarily armor, although the Knights of the Round Table were not armored as well as we are. It isn't a tank, but a single M.I. could take on a squadron of those things and knock them off unassisted if anybody was silly enough to put tanks against M.I. A suit is not a ship but it can fly, a little, on the other hand neither spaceships nor atmosphere craft can fight against a an in a suit except by saturation bombing of the area he is in (like burning down a house to get one flea!). Contrariwise we can do many things that no ship, air, submersible, or space, can do.

>weapon mod is brain-seeking explosive rounds

It's also many years into the future, they likely have better propellants in this spacefaring, Praetor suit-wearing, rip-and-tearing era.

On the bounce, trooper.

D44M's standard-issue "Heavy Assault Rifle" is just a .50 belt-fed HMG with the option of a scope and heavier rounds or a side mounted micro missile launcher.

How anyone without power armor is expected to use the thing is anyone's guess.

that's pretty silly we have full auto .50bmg that is more accurate and man portable you can fire it from hip if you want.
youtube.com/watch?v=NBntnnCFvOk

But what about the 200 round belt and missile rack? that Lynx only holds like 5 shots.

they can be belt fed obviously and that in the vid is a semi auto model but there is full auto they also make it in the russian caliber. you just replace the mag and the barrel.

missiles sadly are not an option. and rate of fire is probably less than that monstrosities. but it would still fuck the shit up of any monsters people like to obsess about. .50 bmg is no joke.

>and rate of fire is probably less than that monstrosities
No kidding the rate of fire is apparently about 500 rounds per minute.

youtube.com/watch?v=jwu3ivAJ68U
this would still hit harder...

just imagine make kord a bullpup that it sits on your shoulder the weight of it is balanced so that it's only a bit barrel heavy... make comfy ergonomic grips for it and feed it from a backpack. secure the barrel to a sit-in harness with an auto-break retractable band so that recoil is controlled easily but you can also freely aim.

>500 rounds per minute.
That's how you kill demons.