What is Jow Forums's opinion on Derringers?

What is Jow Forums's opinion on Derringers?

Attached: American Derringer Model 6.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Cool but also pointless & outdated

You're telling me that a pistol than can fire both .45 Colt and .410 shells is pointless/outdated?

I carried one when I was hunting prostitutes.

Attached: shutterstock_306772649_grande.jpg (600x441, 26K)

>only has two shots
Yes.
They are fun guns but there are more effective and forgiving weapons for same size.

Ya bro, people make fun of the Judge all the time

Ok, Jac/k/ the Ripper. Go eat your kidney pie and get to bed.

K
E
K

Attached: 1523687608221.png (1280x949, 2.6M)

Useful if for some reason you don't want to look like youre packing, so for assassin's and women mostly. Still damn cool though.

I have a bond arms, it's kind of a wacky gun but I love it. It's a lot of fun and I think it is a good backup pistol. I'm considering getting the 357/38 barrels for mine to go with my revolver

but who was kidney?

Yes, While fun, the
>IT CAN FIRE SHOTGUN SHELLS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH
Thing is pointless.

In my opinion, fun range toy, Bond arms makes some good ones. No real point to using them for defense any more, you can get revolvers in .22 Magnum that are smaller than most derringers I see.

I have one in .38 special.
It sits neglected in my safe unless I go to shoot everything with friends. No matter how many people come out, I don't even go through a box of ammo.
I won't sell it, but it's just kind of...there.

>What is Jow Forums's opinion on Derringers?

best in pairs 40 cl pure lead and from a turn barrel for the pressure, close contact and then two nice iron fist kubatons to beat what remains senseless. The 19th was much more lawless and self defence weapons were practical, used and functional.

It's the differing POI that gets me, not being limited to two shots. Otherwise I'd probably like them a lot more than I do. Same thing with double barrel shotguns.

North American Arms makes far better miniguns that hold more than 2 shots.

Old women homosexuals and prostitutes need protection too.

Attached: 1530807530600m.jpg (1024x683, 195K)

410 for self defense is dumb, but the ability to use it for shooting snakes, and maybe shoot at grouse and pheasants while hiking would be nice. But I'd imagine 95% of Jow Forums doesn't have those opportunities.

.410 is fine for self-defense, it's not something I'd go for but its only real issue is the bigass cylinder that necessitates a bigass frame. Shooting snakes is dumb however, I can tell you that from experience. You're spot on about the birds though, there's at least one poster who hunts ground based birds with a governor.

I agree for the most part about snakes. Out in the wild leave be unless impossible. Around the property where the pets might be, eh they might die, luckily theres almost 0 rattlers around here.
.410 isn't optimized for a barrel that short for SD and most loadings seem dumb.
>inb4 use a slug!
Yeah lemme use a low pressure rifled slug instead of a higher pressure jhp loading.
>uhh what can we make them buy?
>dunno let's try 3 slugs and like 3 BB pellets!
>then we can charge $4 a shell

Amazing defensive loading.

Attached: 2014645_01_winchester_pdx1_410_awesome_pe_640.jpg (640x417, 40K)

Yeah there's a lot of gimmick loads out there but standard buckshot does fine and while you're right that a short barrel is suboptimal (not to mention the way that rifling affects shot) you can still get the 12" FBI recommended minimum penetration with a 3" barrel and approximate the effects of putting a few .32ACP in someone.

It would be a good snake gun, I'd get the governor instead

Ankle guns and butt tuckers are never outdated fag.