Why do so many modern hunting rifles suck?

Remington 700 (need I say more?):
>Rustington
>Trigger can cause AD's on slightly older models
>Shitty extractor
>Way too many models, most utter shit
>Too expensive for what you get, getting by on previous reputation

Ruger Hawkeye:
>Going down the line of making everything plastic and guising it as "modular", "lightweight", or "all-weather"
>Inherently rough action
>Some issues with ejection blades being poorly timed and not ejecting about 1/3 of the time
>Discontinued the stainless/laminate model like plebs

Sako 85:
>Instances of the front receiver dovetail being higher than the rear, meaning you couldn't sight in your scope without getting custom opti-lock rings made (as Sako's version of warranty coverage)
>Expensive as fuck

Tikka T3X:
>shitty single stack magazines that cost way too much
>single action size with different bolt stops to accommodate a """short action"""
>magazines the same in all action sizes, just uses a shitty plastic block to reduce COAL
>plastic trigger guard

Marlin (see Remshit):
>canted sights
>expensive
>faults everywhere
>don't even risk it

The list goes on.
Most modern rifles just have shitty plastic components """because they don't need to be alloy""", """think of the weight savings!""", have production issues. It's extremely hard to find a rifle at an affordable price-point that is:
>Without common production issue
>Without any plastic parts
>Operates well and is accurate
>Available in stainless
>In a fibreglass, laminate, or walnut stock

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1519234887622.jpg (240x280, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/777429320
youtube.com/watch?v=XopYa2fZ62E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like the Howa 1500

>marlin
>expensive
no. they're cheap as fuck, you can get a new 336 for 400 bucks
>canted sights
they always have had that problem. no new marlin I have seen has had that issue but it's an old problem.

only problem I have with marlin is them putting safeties on all the rifles.

biggest problem with Marlin these days is that their customer service is terrible

Tikka.

I can't fault you there, but the 336 is still a dang fine rifle.

I hate the plastic follower and Hogue stock. It's not bad for the price though.

Yeah but a stock 336 is shit. I suppose it's to be expected at the price. By expensive I more mean their other models such as the stainless/laminate versions that cost like $1000 retail

Did you read the OP?
>shitty single stack magazines that cost way too much
>single action size with different bolt stops to accommodate a """short action"""
>magazines the same in all action sizes, just uses a shitty plastic block to reduce COAL
>plastic trigger guard

Consider the following:
You just watch too many action flicks and have unrealistic ideals about guns and marksmanship from watching too much media

>stock 336 is shit
sounds like you haven't had much experience with a 336. they're fine rifles and do the job really well.

gunbroker.com/item/777429320
Here, now fuck off.

I paid 200$ after some discount for a mossberg patriot in 30-06 at academy with some shitty 3-9x40, though the stock is kinda crappy and the magazines are expensive it seems like a pretty good hunting rifle especially for 200$ out the door

Tikka.

I've owned a 336C made just at the end of the JM stamping. It cycled smooth but it wasn't accurate (which lends more to 30-30 than the 336), and had canted sights. I didn't think it was great.

Are the new models getting better? I heard Marlin was bought out a while ago and the 336 started to suck really bad though they were getting better.

Im not even going to read your blag because hunting rifles have never been better.
600 dollars will let me shoot out to 7-9 hundred meters, including glass and ammo.
Buy a laser range finder, buy a bipod.
Buy fuckin night vision for cheap.

Never been better. This is a golden age

I will not lie, they were shit from 2008ish to 2015/2016. They completely changed their manufacturing processes and massively upped qc

>marlins made right now are shit
>based on an opinion of a really old rifle I used to have

GET A FUCKING MOSIN NAGANT YOU FUCKING RETARD

youtube.com/watch?v=XopYa2fZ62E

This is one of their most expensive 1895's. Broke out of the box. Don't try the "they've always had that problem" response either. That makes it even worse. Looks like QC is just as bad.

>never been better
Fuck no. Maybe you're getting more for your money than previous times, but the bar is dropping in all fronts.

Oh fucking please ever since the surplus dried up the cheapest you can find is 250$ for the shittiest piece of crap and even then to get that price you'll have to fight with some boomer and hear about how "these commie guns are the highest quality you'll get for this amazing price"

Get an AR15, no problems hunting with it yet. If you need a .30 caliber, get an AR10. Use 5 round mags for the hunter.

The AR is literally the end all be all rifle. It does everything well.

/arg/ go away.

I wish. I can't get semi-auto's here.

Winchester Model 70, still the best at a reasonable price!

>can't own semi auto
>has never touched a gun
>thinks modern guns are all shit
kys on a reddit livestream

I would legit get one because they're so affordable (especially given the quality of the walnut you usually get), but I'd be too worried that I'd make it look like rusted roadkill after one trip into back country.

Y tho? For that price i'd get a k31 and some good ammo

>hunting with a milsurp

Thinking about a suppressed 300 blackout bolt-action. Is this worth $475?

Attached: ruger_ar_ranch_300blackout_26968.jpg (825x159, 10K)

Nice

You're not really supposed to buy spare magazines for a bolt action. Unless it's one of the rifles that take pmags or stanags.

475? No, you could get it for cheaper I think. I got my Ruger American .308 Win in Stainless for $350 with FFL fee. Keep hunting, I'm not really a fan of the shorter barrel bolts anyways, I figure if you're sacrificing capacity for accuracy, go all the way.

Build it yourself if you don't like the factory options. Pick your favorite action, get a barrel and stock for it and quit crying.

you sound poor

Not him, but what's wrong with that

>For that price i'd get a k31 and some good ammo
And wind up with a rifle less accurate than any rack grade Savage.

Savage 111 Hog Hunter, you fucking nigger. Can your old mauser beat a boar to death with the barrel and still hold zero?

Attached: 1528838269766.jpg (960x786, 144K)

>ctrl-F Bergara
>no results

k then