Red pill me on the Thai navy seals

Red pill me on the Thai navy seals

Attached: AAE39782-5756-4BAD-881C-14A6FA2F211C.jpg (534x401, 28K)

F for brave man who volunteered helping those kids out.

not conscripts so elite motivation compared to their neighbors.

not niggers so the can learn to tactics

not combloc so access to US trainers and tactics

Not utter poor fagggots

I'd stack them up comparable to the 75th or Royal commandos maybe with slightly less tested gear and doctrine.

Have a good friend that was a SEAL from like 1992 to 2006, he trained with the Thai SEALs on a few occasions. He said they were very well trained but their gear was a little lacking, also said they were absolute masters at jungle warfare and survival.

I hear they have an opening.

not too soon.

Can someone tell me why is everyone caring about a thai kid's soccer team stuck in a cave all of a sudden? Sorry if I sound harsh, but everyone talking about it and this kind shit happens in the past years in countries that no one cares about. Why do we care about what's happening in Thailand all of a sudden. Most people weren't even giving a shit when Thailand had that recent military coup.

Attached: vickers02.jpg (400x300, 89K)

Very uniquely weird situation.

Not a very big one though.

Same reason everybody cared about those Chilean miners.

It's a dramatic, uncertain, and unique story. Nobody knows what's going to happen next.

the media is investing in this story hoping to capitalize on it should it turns into a disaster

i heard they've got four out so far, here's hoping everything else goes smoothly.
must be a nightmare diving through those caves for six hours each way

I felt as you though I have realized it's what said. I think maybe the appeal is that it's nothing special but sort of weird, and scary but not in a world-political-ramifications sort of way. Every day it's a constant story about the Russians and the Chinese and the wars and the bullshit, so all of a sudden when Thimmy fell down a well it's like a lighthearted tragedy we can follow along.

I was on business trips and busy when it unfolded and saw the snippets on TV the way movie characters do, just barely seeing headlines flashing while walking by:
>Thai soccer team missing
>Thai soccer team found in cave!
>Thai soccer team trapped in cave!
>Navy Seals trying to rescue soccer team!
Waking up and hearing the morning news radio broadcast start out saying "The current plan for the Thai soccer team is to have them wait it out for a few months" just cracked me up. It's sad, but on the scale of the modern world, it's lighthearted fun.

To distract us from something horrible happening elsewhere

bread and circuses

>like buddhist butchering muslims in myanmar
>saudis ongoing air attacks on largely civilian targets
>like ethnic warfare in nigeria between christians and muslims
>followed by around a dozen other conflict zones
>that get the most miniscule of coverage.

The media wasn't really talking about these modern trouble areas before this Thai Cave shit, and likely will continue not to after it is resolved.

People LOVE drama, especially if it involves the risk of someone dying.
(F) to the guy who saved the kids.

They have a tendency to asphyxate underwater.

I've heard they can infiltrate any enemy encampment with their ladyboi disguise.

Yeah dude, my dad works for Nintendo.

They like to eat rice. Any more question I can help with?

Most of people involved in cave diving aren't Thai Navy SEAL's. People doing the actual hardest diving part in rescue effort are mostly foreign civilian diving experts/instructors. A lot of them are actually fluent in Thai as they have lived more than a bit in Thailand as it is one of the best spots of their profession/hobby in the world. Thai SEAL's are soldiers, not cave diving experts when it comes to majority of them. There are bit over dozen foreign expert divers involved in hardest parts of rescue effort, about half dozen Thai SEAL's. Thai SEAL's are without doubt better soldiers than diving experts involved in rescue effort.

When it comes to retired Thai SEAL that died in effort. Rest In Peace. It probably goes to more bravery than common sense or expertise, he probably put himself into position he couldn't get out of.

For everyone involved it is zero visibility dive through extremely cramped cave. It would be dangerous with even clear water.