Offset sights

Yo niggers, I am trying to put together a AR, I am gonna run a 1x6 as my main optic. Can you explain to me if I should, or why I should also have offset sights? Red dot or Iron?
Help a retard out.

Attached: offset.jpg (474x421, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vHltWMI83RE
youtube.com/watch?v=j22CGzs5Vik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seems kinda pointless if you have a 1x

Everyone else here is going to tell you they are stupid, because they were featured in CAW A DOOTY

In reality, they have two, good, uses.
If your AR has a long range scope, they could be handy. Don’t expect anything like “high speed low drag operating.” More like easy going 3-gun competitions.

The other use is for larping operators. They think that when their 4000$ ACOG battery dies, their going to switch to their offset sites.
For extended periods of time, offset times fucking suck.

TL;DR Off set sites are better that people give credit.
I recommend only iron sites, and a good brand flip up style is great.

Offset red dots are fucking stupid.

Offset red dots make a million times more sense and relieve the game worst parts of offset irons.

What do you see as the worst parts of offset irons?

Why not just mount something on top of your scope?

Offset sights are good for 2gun and 3gun, but not much else.

This is definitively a LARPing rifle that I am also going to run on 3 gun comps.

Not really.
The
>operator
reason for using offset sites is for a backup for when your main sights battery dies.
I don’t see the point of replacing it with another battery, because if you were in a operation long enough for your main to fucking die, your there long enough to replace batteries.

>4000$ ACOG battery dies
wat

Won't you have a better cheekweld with offset sights as opposed to sights ontop of a variable optic?

Attached: checkem2049.png (1524x1200, 1.13M)

For a range toy and a Gun comp, offset sights are a great idea.
For anything else, not the best idea. Not bad, but not the best.

Yes

I don't understand how it would be good for 3 gun comps but for nothing else. If it is useful for a 3gun comp wouldn't it be useful outside of them as well?

Attached: whathavewebecome.jpg (480x531, 54K)

Go check the gear queer thread. I would not put it past them.

not him, but aligning things in two or three different optical planes.

What do you feel would be better as an actual SHTF, niggers are running around rifle?

Attached: Romaboo.png (689x663, 197K)

cheekweld isnt as important as people think it is. only americans are obsessed with it.

This is a good answer and something I hadn't thought about. I feel like that is an annoying hassle, but probably worth it to have a second set of easily accessed sights.

Tbh, a elevated scope.
Your rifle has a dedicated pair of sites, use them.
The elevated scope allows for a long range shooting, but also a actual iron sites.
Goodbye cheekweld tho

Also, I forgot one more thing.
Everything is in line, don’t need to twist your rifle in unusual ways to use offset sites.

life isnt a video game so get an off set red dot if you want an off set red dot and just own it.
>i wanted to slap another 500 on my ar so i did and fuck you
is reason enough.
irons on the other hand can help with co witness and sometimes batteries die or sometimes you drop a gun or sometimes you just want shoot with irons.

also thats called canted, this is off set. (no need to twist the rifle to see).

Attached: M1D.jpg (1024x768, 214K)

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson, I am not a smart man. nice 5s, btw.

>Can you explain to me if I should, or why I should also have offset sights?
Quicker transition from close to long range targets or vice versa and good as back-up sights. Makes a huge difference in 3gun and other rifle competitions.

>Red dot or Iron?
Red dot is obviously going to be faster than irons, but won't be as good as a back-up. You have to decide which part do you care about more.

Rotating the gun 45 degrees is much faster than changing the magnification on the scope.

3:00 - 5:00
youtube.com/watch?v=vHltWMI83RE

Because it also takes more time to look up your scope and shoot without a cheekweld.

>Believing propaganda history meant to inspire nationalism in the Romans

>battery in optic dies
>no longer lights up but the reticle and magnifying parts still 100% work
wh...
>suddenly have to shoot a target at 15y or less
>not being able to muscle-memory hit it
>wants to do 3 gun
You need to practice a lot more.

Hmmm...get an etched reticle 5x prism scope from primary arms and some 45 degree iron sights.

I don't know shit about 3 gun and shooting in general: The Post

Attached: jerry-miculek-3gun.jpg (575x326, 19K)

Cant cowitness a 1×6.
If i was op i would settle for a quickthrow on the magnification. Added weight of a red dot on top of already having an inherently heavy optic is foolish. Or offsight irons if heartset.

First time I saw this was in the highly tacticool (and kinda underrated desu) Syndicate reboot. Made sense in the context of an ADS centric FPS, where FoV is low and peripheral vision nonexistent, and transitioning from a scope to side sights felt just right.

In reality, you have two eyes, use them. Unless you plan on using a very long range scope on a gun fit for close range combat, and plan on transitioning quickly from one to the other, well first maybe you shouldn't do that, and then, you still shouldn't do that.

Prosecutor would shit all over you for having them.

He would already shit on you for having a black salt baby killer with the shoulder thing that goes up, I guess we should all just use bolt actions for self defense then.

Im in ny and asked a super liberal family member that is a prosecutor for the local city.
Tacticool shit doesnt mean shit and a jury and judge would laugh it out of court if brought up.
Punisher shit and "eat lead" are used against you however

I would run an offset RMR or offset Aimpoint T2. If you don't have the budget for that consider and offset Holosun HS503GU, HS503G, or an offset Docter red dot.

Offsets work. You get true 1x reflex red dot sighting, a secondary sighting mechanism to your scope (so you don't need back up irons), you get increased close range fast shooting capability over the 1x of the scope since magnified optics on 1x will often have distortion, but most problematically will have small eye boxes and issues with eye relief making fast close range shooting hard.

IMO offset is superior to stacked in addition because you reduce height over bore, keep the gun from getting too tall, and don't have to transition to chin weld to use the red dot. You just roll the gun over while maintaining your cheek weld.

My DMR (top rifle in picture) has an offset red dot. I like it.

Attached: 20180225_125304.jpg (1235x889, 527K)

I never get to shoot my gun and have no idea how to feel the aim out; the post.

What are quick kill and instinctive shooting.

>implies professionals such as Jerry Miculek don't know how to shoot
Case in point, keep embarassing yourself.

Attached: SI29-10-10L.jpg (720x540, 153K)

That's not what I implied at all user, I said you don't shoot enough.
I'm assuming jerry can easily do what we're talking about and does it simply out of preference.
Can you find a single video of him talking about why an offset is good or bad?

>Can you find a single video of him talking about why an offset is good or bad?
2:10 - 2:35

youtube.com/watch?v=j22CGzs5Vik

I was kind of hoping for more than 'i have one to use'... But you got me.

>also thats called canted, this is off set
Nah. Canted is a factory defect, offset is the industry term.

>What are quick kill and instinctive shooting
There are these things called 'no-shoots' in 3gun (and real life) that make this unfeasible. A red dot means you know where that round will go, and a canted dot is faster to use than rolling back the magnification on your primary optic.

LOL. What ever you say pal.

Attached: Capture.jpg (761x206, 28K)

Google images is about as reliable as wikipedia, that is to say easily tampered with. You want an example? Search cosmoline on google.

Nvm, for like a week it was the meme pf the guy rubbing his face eoth cosmolin, but the point still stands.

Yeah, everyone knows google images is the highest authority when it comes to semantics.

Attached: bullets.png (600x160, 80K)

He never said he "had" to use one. He said there were no restrictions on optics mounting so he put a scope on for longer shots and an offset red dot for closer shots.