>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Discord:
>discord.gg/5GG87Uu

Downloadable Targets:
>filedropper dot com slash targets

Previous thread

Attached: IMG_20180101_172500_082.jpg (2070x1084, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-32-Round-Tactical-Magazine-9mm-482p302.htm
crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html
eurooptic.com/hk-usp-9x19-30-round-magazine-mpn-217635.aspx
taylorfreelancestore.com/hk-usp-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would anyone be able to offer insight as to whether or not the ATI GSG .22s are sturdy enough to be passed around to new shooters to teach fundamentals? Looking for a full sized handgun to teach with and really don't like how every school out here insists on using the Ruger mkIII for students' first trip to the range

Attached: atigsg.png (1277x778, 142K)

What are the advantages of a rebounding hammer? Why does Sig do that over the hammer just slamming down and staying there?

Attached: rebounding.jpg (1152x1024, 112K)

Common feature in many guns, not just HKs. It makes them a bit more dropsafe.

IIRC it's required to re-engage the DA sear on some models, but I could be very very wrong.

Still don't know whether or not to get an M&P 2.0 compact.

IIRC it's a liability thing. General consensus after digging around for a minute shows that it's simply to prevent the hammer from resting on the firing pin after it resets, but my guess is as good as PBP's. Maybe a little bit of both.

My P230 wouldn't function in DA unless you manually moved the hammer back a smidge when my rebound spring broke. Now the spring cocks it to that point automatically.

They kinda suck, but they're cheap and I've seen them run at competitions though.

Burt has some good advice on this, hopefully he chimes in.

You can push the hammer forward with no effort and transfer blocks have been a thing for a while. And they have firing pin blocks already....so...

All my hammer guns that are DA/SA start and end with the hammer on the pin. Except for my sigs.

*transfer bars

Happy to lurk until he shows up, if he does. I do appreciate the insight

i think this gun is rly pretty and i love it
please say something nice about it

Attached: onions.jpg (1000x906, 228K)

Eh. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Happy to find out why the feature exists, though. Was told by a friend who swears by sig that it was a legal thing and quickly browsing the marlin owners' forum echoed the sentiment

You can't push the hammer forward until the trigger is pulled. At least on a 2340/2009/2022.

Attached: SIG SP2340 alp.jpg (3366x2146, 2.56M)

Will be a "tacticool" faggot if i get a carry gun with a Red dot sight?
I'm cross eye dominant (righty, left eye) and can't really shut one eye for sharpshooting. Literally the only way i got my rifle shooting merit badge as a kid was when the instructor realized I was and put a piece of cardboard over the right side of my safety glasses.
Still can't shoot worth a damn with traditional sights and never tried a red dot.

Rough texture requires an undershirt and may rub holes in your clothes. Other than that they’re good to go

Who cares?
Its not an hk
Never thought I’d say this, but I think the squared off trigger looks a lot better

>Will be a "tacticool" faggot if i get a carry gun with a Red dot sight?
No, it's a logical addition to a gun.

Make sure you get a good sight, and learn how to properly attach it (torque specs, loctite, etc)

But you should still try to get good with irons, I'm fucking blind as shit and I still push it.

Sorry, I meant "some models if Sig" see

Attached: IMG_20171020_204206_615.jpg (3214x2268, 3.33M)

P series. My 220 and 227 can do it. Those models, not sure have no experience with them.

Attached: 220 osprey (2).jpg (5184x3456, 1.26M)

why are people seeing your carry gun

Guys all the time show them off to each in other in private like at parties and BBQs in the south
The "BBQ gun" thing still exists in the deep south

>$175 at LGS
Should I do it? I can't think of any other cool or decent top-break revolvers aside from maybe a schofield repro in .38.

Attached: h&r 22.jpg (640x640, 75K)

I'd jump on it dude

Honestly you should be thinking practicality more than anything else when you select a sidearm for concealed carry, user. If you're going to be whipping it out at barbecues to show your buddies, you can always bring something else or just straight up tell them what you said above. giving another man shit about the way the tool he carries for self defense is some high school mean girls' table bullshit. i'm cross dominant as well (south paw, right eye) and when I shoot I just pull the brim of my ballcap down over my right eye slightly. It works well enough

And now, for some fun but completely inane shit about mags

Glock 17 Gen1 magazine
Manufacturing date: 1988

Important notes:
>Lack of steel reinforcements to mag body (new mags have visible steel liners you can see through witness holes) and generally 'cheap' or disposable feeling to magazine
>Steel reinforced feed lips
>These magazine do not reliably drop free, and scrape the magwell on insertion due to wall bowing when fully loaded, this could have been corrected by lowering capacity or lining the mags with a steel body, Glock chose to produce future magazines with plastic lined over steel
>The magazine could have been much thinner if polymer was not used

Do it

I love how that thing looks

Attached: 20180708_221439.jpg (813x487, 173K)

As a side comparison, a P30/VP9 mag

>Almost the same max thickness as G17 mag
This seems like a hit to the P30, but note the excessively deep groves on the mag body, thus showing the mag could be at least 1/4" thinner.
These are NOT reinforcing ribs, these are in fact follower guide rails, the follower has a track that runs on these

>Machined, not stamped mag catch shelf
Steel body thickness is so excessive that the mag catch shelf is machined into the body, and it's still not a through-hole

>Follower retention tab
P30 magazines do not use the feed lips to control follower height on an empty magazine, this is done by a steel tab integrated into the mag body.

magazine follower retention tab and guide rails circled in red

Attached: 20180708_221603.jpg (1070x492, 221K)

Do you think they would drop free from a specter 80 glock kit build if you dremeled the magwell out a little bit? or is the spacing issue consistent all the way through? That's good to know

Attached: Polymer-80-17.jpg (900x600, 115K)

Thanks. The lines on the osprey and sig just seem to compliment each other.

Attached: fuddy 5's.jpg (5184x3456, 2M)

Why not sand the mag itself instead of fucking up your frame?

Comparison of guns and mags
>Note, for all the insanity the P30 mag is still actually thinner
>And the HK mag could be 1/4" thinner if they abandoned the follower guide rails
(seriously, WTF, why, that's crack smoking insane on a 9mm pistol mag)

>Side note, modern Glock magazines are very well manufactured and a good compromise of capacity and build quality/reliability, this has been a look at very early Glock 9mm magazines

Attached: 20180708_220513-1065x1118.jpg (1065x1118, 229K)

I swear the Osprey makes everything look better, Sig sex appeal just compounds it

This is a 1st generation magazine, Glock corrected this issue fairly early on.

I'm just taking a fun look at the mags since they are total polar opposites

>Glock
Borderline disposable

>P30
Lifetime mag to the point of possibly being detrimental

Attached: IMG_20180708_021928_941.jpg (1956x1326, 529K)

That's a fair point. Moreso just asking out of hypothetical curiosity; i own neither a glock or any magazines to go with it. definitely interested in building a specter 80 compact, but i guess the only practical reason behind sanding the inside of the molded frame versus the magazine would be to resell it here in MA later. You can only own preban glock mags, so modifying it in any way would probably turn off the legions of snobs out here that pay over 200 dollars above MSRP to own one

Right? Throw on something like a hybrid and it's just goofy looking.

Attached: p220 hybrib_.jpg (5184x3456, 1.95M)

>borderline disposable

Maybe in a free state, dude. Out here you'll pay out your dick for one, and even then it's mad difficult to find one for a price even close to reasonable. You outta see the largest gun store out this way; if you want a semiautomatic 5.56 rifle your options are a tavor or mini 14. Thank you, Miss Healey.

You can build a P80 for less than buying a glock.

I paid $475 for my build, it'll be here this week.

Stock glock internals for the most part with a serrated, cerakoted slide.

Will post when it comes in.

Lol, you're right about that
>square cans look good on a Mk23 too

Attached: 1521595651486.jpg (1920x1080, 544K)

Well, in construction and intent at least lol, law fuckery not withstanding

Get one of these :^) nobody questions the Mk23 in your pants

Attached: 30894160_374364953066039_5635935568475979776_n.jpg (1080x1080, 60K)

I mentioned in the last thread that I have an appointment with my town's police colonel for my instructor's license, and I mean to ask whether or not it would be lawful to complete a polymer 80 compact build. I know compliance makes me a failure of a man, but this is such a huge investment on my part that getting arrested for possessing a 'banned weapon' would destroy my livelihood in the off chance I end up in a critical defense situation and it goes to Evidence. Definitely do post the pics though; seeing these builds makes me diamonds.

Square cans look good on almost every sidearm imho

Attached: Poly-80-Glock-2-600x336.jpg (600x336, 43K)

It's perfectly legal to own and carry an 80% firearm you completed as long as it is not directly intended for sale or distribution.

>Square cans look good on almost every sidearm imho

It's kinda bizarre t b h d e s u

Attached: 1522723072441.jpg (1080x1080, 858K)

Federally yes, but I was told outright by a friend in the MA State Police that turning my EP Armory paperweight into an AR pistol, even if it fell into the MA compliance category would be a felony. I was going to move the hell out of here to Maine, but I have 4 years left in the RI guard and the distance would just be too much. so for now im hoping to God to get as many people here certified to own and carry as possible as cheaply as I can.

SHHH! You dont want to wake up the disassembly crowd.

Attached: learn your ppq's.jpg (5184x3456, 1.89M)

It's bizarre in the same way getting a hummer from a chick with a skrillex hair cut is. Outwardly it looks fucky, but something about it just.. nice

Attached: 03eae19df5b2a36c3895f191478d28a0.jpg (736x736, 118K)

Calm down colion.

The only noir in this house is drkkar, m8

Attached: bhp.jpg (335x150, 7K)

There isn't anything in maine state law that says a damn thing about 80% firearms.

I think the cop friend of yours thought it was already registered as a rifle, in that case converting it to a pistol would be a felony.

Just saying, I like Glock, they so perfectly embody mass production disposable consumerism that you can absolutely artistically butcher them to your hearts content and nothing of value is lost.

>They're also not bad handguns

Attached: 1529751144932m.jpg (1024x1024, 205K)

ew

Attached: .0.jpg (1600x833, 416K)

Gross

Attached: 20180316_092624-2289x1569.jpg (2289x1569, 736K)

Got this at my shop. Sturdy and light to rack. A definite good training pistol. Hear it has feeding issues like a lot of 22 pistols, but that adds to the training!

They're as strong as any other zinc 1911 but the problem is reliability, which I believe is poor. Most .22s are not very reliable and they tend to get worse when they're designed to look like centerfire guns, rather than designed to be a bespoke .22 like the Ruger Mark or S&W Victory for example.

But to answer your question, yes.

Drop safety. The hammer rests on a separate notch on the sear so it can't physically hit the firing pin. Guns usually ALSO have a firing pin safety that has to be deactivated by a trigger pull but more passive safeties generally don't hurt.

You can only push the hammer against the firing pin if the trigger has been pulled, otherwise Sig's won't go all the way forward.

I like his grips

Attached: smiff n ps.jpg (2000x1333, 898K)

Hi Burt, welcome to the party, you're a little later than usual.

Attached: 20170610_143655-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 2.89M)

I had it typed up first but I had to go take pictures in accordance with the thread edition so nopics got replies in first.

I blame systemic white privilege.

Attached: mp fam.jpg (1333x2000, 985K)

What are some things to consider when buying a silencer? I know next to nothing about them. What are the differences between round ones vs rectangle ones besides aesthetics? Do you have to buy a specific silencer to fit your pistol or are they all universal and can put them on almost anything?

Attached: JT3A0598-Version-2-980x652.jpg (980x652, 118K)

Oh hey, it's you.

Glad you liked my wasrbortion :^)

I really appreciate it. My thinking is that most folks I instruct will be able to learn on a more traditional platform, and the 'weight' of a fullsized duty pistol will help mitigate muzzle flip when they put their very first holes in paper. Beside the rugers (I really, truly do not want to purchase one at this time), would you have any models in mind for teaching basics of pistol shooting to completely uninitiated shooters?

The few I've fingerfucked and shot down in free states have been very comfortable, especially as a lefty shooter where ergos usually work against me. That's definitely a creative build right there.

Attached: nighthawkbhp.jpg (1800x1200, 640K)

Shit that looks cool, glad you did.

Attached: NH-HiPower-VIP1-NHCB160791-14.jpg (1000x666, 79K)

Attached: browning-Hi-Power-new-1024x769.jpg (1024x769, 246K)

There are three .22s I'm comfortable recommending to anyone based on reliability, build quality and price:
S&W M&P .22 Compact
S&W Victory
Ruger Mark series

Since you mention weight, the M&P .22 Compact is probably out, I believe it has an aluminum slide and a plastic frame. You don't want a Ruger because you want a normal manual of arms and presumably because the Mark grip is too angled and the 22/45 is too light, being plastic. The Victory also has a slightly different manual of arms so idk what else to recommend.

The Sig Mosquito, Walther P22, 1911 conversion kits from any manufacturer, 1911 .22s from any manufacturer, S&W M&P .22 full size and most anything else I can think of are unreliable or beat themselves apart. There is the CZ Kadet, which is an exceptionally well built .22 with a standard manual of arms and good heft but it's pretty expensive so I didn't recommend that either.

I guess if you could tolerate the likely jams a zinc .22 1911 may suffer that'd be the one to go for. Try to avoid anything with a Kolm/Cologne proof mark, pic related, it indicates manufacture by Umarex.

Attached: kolm.jpg (640x480, 66K)

I've screencapped your post. Can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for the feedback. My instructor at Patriot Firearm School swears by the M&P for the Carry and Defend course as well as competitive point shooting.

And yes, it's all about teaching normal manual of arms, thank you for picking that up without me outright saying that

Can't wait to take the Tactical out tomorrow, got a new holster that actually is light bearing. Gonna do some transition drills, should be good stuff

Attached: 20180531_123840-1.jpg (2717x1840, 2.72M)

So a second safety to the firing pin block.

I wish Wilson would make action parts for this

It's not that big

Hasn't that been out? I'm semi interested in the stribog a3 if they do that

The grip is a two finger grip but yes overall especially with the 10 Rd mag it is like a G19 in size, even moreso for the G30s

There are newer steel lined HK 18 rounders for 9mm. I believe they were made for an East Asian military contract. They are the ones new USP experts with the jet funnel come with.

The vertec grip on the a3 is a lot smaller

The Gen 1 Glock mags we're designed to not drop free though, it wasn't an accident

>The Gen 1 Glock mags we're designed to not drop free though, it wasn't an accident
No, they drop free around 60% of the time

I kinda want a laser to put on the bottom of my p220 but know nothing about them, what quality brands are, what I should expect to spend, etc...
Any tips?

My reading on this (I think LV said it) was that the first Glock mags were meant to be retained yurop style like the bhp and so many other guns

Kind of moot though given their scarcity

>No, they drop free around 60% of the time
So do all other ones.

Kekles

If they meant for them to be retained, they failed. If they meant for them to be drop free, they failed.
If they meant for them to cost $2 each and be nearly disposable with a 900% markup MSRP to LEO and military contracts? Fucking home run.

You haven't shot Glocks if you think this. I will give you that the Gen 3 mag release is hard to fully depress so it can seem like the mag is sluggish to go out but with the extended release it just launches out with gusto. Pretty easy to reload in USPSA.

Does it offend you that HK is constantly on the verge of bankruptcy while Glock is just dancing in money and literally has its own shooting sports league where they give away guns?

#whobreaksheartslikegaston?

Nah, HK goes balls out on each gun and pours money into R&D on literally every type classification of small arm. Meanwhile Glock cuts corners for profit and has literally one firearm product they paid off the bills on twenty years ago, it makes sense that Glock has more money.

>pours money into R&D on literally every type classification of small arm
>flop after flop of countless designs
>barely remains in existence due to occasional mil contracts
>most commercially successful pistol design is the VP9 which is literally a copy of the Walther PPQ except with redesigned trigger components, not to improve on the Walther design, but to circumvent patent infringement
>literally the German Colt

And as for Glock, well if you do it right the first time...

>Is an innovative company
>In a market of retards
>Isn't compromising

You either die the hero...

I made it up. Forgive me?

Attached: block.png (723x933, 85K)

What are those aforementioned tricks to installing the match reset?

Attached: 20180708_131210.jpg (2440x2249, 3.21M)

Quality guns dont make Money especially not in murrica, where people buy guns and shoot 0-100 rounds.

Most European made guns cost 1k and up, its a different marked all toghether. Hk somehow makes quality guns cheap, by euro standard,
No wonder they dont make any Money on them. Also they've made shitty business decisions, but their engineering is top notch.

Colt made shit guns at high markup and still lost money

>Use a clipped length of WD40 applicator straw to extend the lower leg of the spring
this keeps it from gouging the trigger or slipping out of position

>Needle nosed pliers
To insert spring

>Q-tip stick with ends removed
Sits between spring and magwell side of trigger slot, keeps spring from falling through the trigger slot.

>Slave pin
A very thin wooden punch or leather stitching needle

So
>Place 1/8" to 1/4" bit of straw on spring leg that pushes on trigger
>Put Q-tip in back of trigger slot
>Put spring in place and push down until you can get punch/needle through (insert from right side of frame)
>One slave pin is in place insert trigger pin from left side of frame, use slave pit to force spring into alignment to accept trigger pin
>You may need to press spring down with needle nosed pliers to get pin in

Seriously

>Magazines require a welding and milling operation
That shit increases per unit cost, and HK does little things like that all over their guns, it adds up.

Not true, carried mine all winter with no issues. You could knock the texture down if you want with a little bit of sandpaper.

Thanks. Screenshotted for future reference. I may pop back in whenever the stuff gets here.

What holster did you get?

The black jet funnels are supposed to be more robust, right?

You can find me in the discord if you need help btw

Yeah, black jetfunnel mags are steel lined and absolutely indestructible.

80% Glucks are fine in MA, but AR pistols are not unless you get a fixed mag lower, and those things are utter faggotry.

They make an OEM 32 round mag too
hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-32-Round-Tactical-Magazine-9mm-482p302.htm

Also, just look at that fucking 9mm mag lol, jesus, the USP9 vould have been so much thinner if they used steel mags (like the compact, P2000, and P30)

Attached: HK-USP-9mm-18-Round-Jet-Funnel-Magazine-Steel-9.jpg (2500x2500, 297K)

>HURR HK DA WORSTEST
I see Glock shills are out in full force today

HK is in financial trouble because of awful business decisions and utter shit management. Their refusal to truly enter the largest gun market on Earth (who knows, maybe the upcoming interstellar wars can save them) has been a huge problem. Their debt continues to swell and currently they have the same credit rating as Iraq.

Okay, I did some hunting for you (because I'm bored)

>Black steel lined USP9 tactical 18 round mags for jet funnel
$65, they also have translucent 18 round mags for $45

crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html

>HK USP9 30 round OEM extended mag
$112.10

eurooptic.com/hk-usp-9x19-30-round-magazine-mpn-217635.aspx

Best deals I could find at the moment.

Attached: 20180613_131220-2957x2268.jpg (2957x2268, 1.56M)

Thanks for that. I ordered a couple more translucent ones the other day for 49.99. I wondered if the HK baseplate extensions work with the jet funnels, but elected to not try it for the time being.

I'm excited to put it up next to the P30 once I get it all set up.

>I wondered if the HK baseplate extensions work with the jet funnels
They do, so do these

taylorfreelancestore.com/hk-usp-3/

P30 VS USP9 is really interesting.

Ah bummer. I already sold the stock mags I had. I'll pick up some of the factory extended ones eventually.

I actually like the stock trigger on the USP9 so far. It's got a very defined wall and reset: something I wish the P30 had. The P30 is a much more ergonomic gun and has several more modern features, though.

I see plenty of DWs over 2 and 3k on the website.

Can you afford something better?

Oh, shit, misunderstanding. The baseplate extensions work on jet funnel mags with the magwell, not with flush standard mags. Sorry lol.

Yeah, a heavier TRS will help the P30 a bit by the way.

Reminder that a Glock 19 Gen 4 is the perfect duty gun
>affordable price
>reliable
>cheap magazines
>parts can be found everywhere

Ah gotcha. I was a little surprised when you said they'd work lol

I keep meaning to get a new TRS for the P30. So far it just has the lightened hammer spring. I actually shoot the P30 really well, so it's not high on the priority list, but it would be nice.

I personally like them. It's finally a half step between their full size and subcompact models. Fits my hand well and the stippling is actually pretty nice. I've only ever had a problem with VZ operator grips being uncomfortable, so the stuppling on other handguns has never bothered me during CC.

If you like it, go for it. It's a great value. Suchka keeps talking up the Frank Proctor upgrade kits for the M&P, too

>affordable price
It's about $100 too much. M&P is s better generic striker gat.

Also, I would prefer an HK for a duty gun because it's less likely to malfunction (0.0001% better matters to me, to most people it won't be a factor, I'm superstitious)

Lol, yeah, noooo

P30's are fucking incredible guns, I was suprised by how balls out they went with the mags when I was writing

KT Mech. I'm very happy with them, outstanding for the price. Lead time was only a week and a half.

Now I'll have to retake this pic with a proper holster

Attached: 2017-09-08 15.52.49.jpg (2829x1590, 2.59M)

Define "better." PPQ has a better factory trigger, but that's easily a $100 jump in price.

I'm not sure a better striker gun exists right now, I love the thing. Great trigger, ergos, and of course dat grip texture. Thing shoots flat as a motherfucker and tracks really good for me.

>m&p 2.0 is best striker for money
Yes
>vp9 more reliable than the Glock 17
No.
(I’m assuming you’re staying in the striker realm)