Opinions on the gen 5 glock 17?

Opinions on the gen 5 glock 17?

Thinking about getting one to replace a stolen gun. What's a good price? I see like 575 online and 550 local.

Attached: 40606-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

us.glock.com/products/model/g19x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>shud I get a glawk guise? XD
If you aren’t making up the fact that you used to have a glock you should know the answer you giant faggot

I have never owned a glock before, it's replacing an different stolen 9mm handgun. I know glocks are generally well reviewed, and I have researched the gen 5s a bit but I was wondering what the general consensus here is. Most of the stuff I hear about why not to get one essentially boils down to "well, you shouldn't get one because you already own a gen 1-4"

I've held them in local pawn shops and they feel really nice in my hand, I doubt there are many QC issues but I'd like some first hand experience.

They generally work. Whether you actually like the things is 50/50. Almost every manufacturer that has cloned this design has done so with additional design improvements in order to compete. Some of those clones are clear improvements to their owners but few have the performance record to match. They've been making those things since the 80's with only minor adjustments and occasional fuck ups like the early Gen 4's.

If you want to know if you should get a 17, the size of that frame has fallen out of favor for the 19. If you want a full size getting something like a long slide or a 10mm makes more sense for how they're used now. They also slapped the 17 slide on a 19 frame and called it the X or something because people like those grips more.

I held both the 17, the 19 and the X. I liked the 17 the most, but I really need to get something in 9mm since I have like a thousand bucks in ammo.

The Gen 5 has the most improvements. I think the complaints about the magwell lip are more for the compact models. MSRP is a little high of a price. If you want to drop that price used models in Gen 3 or 4 are fine. The biggest complaint for most people is the grip angle but if you like it there isn't anything that should dissuade you from getting a 17. If you held one and didn't like the sights, trigger, or grip and might replace them all in the future? Save yourself the trouble and look at competitor models like a CZ P-10.

I don't like any glocks before the 5 because of the grooves not fitting my hand very well. The angle of the grip didn't really seem like a problem and I like the way it feels in my hand. The trigger is a bit iffy, but no more than any other gun I've owned and the sights didn't seem problematic at all

>CZ that sucks or gold standard of 9mm combat handguns

I think the strongest competitors to the G17 are the M&P 9, the VP9, and the Steyr M9. Glock probably has a better track record for reliability (though all are very reliable). The others arguably have better triggers and ergonomics. I’d recommend you try them before buying the Glock.

Only reason gen 5 would make sense over gen 4is if you run a large org that will be issuing 17s and 19s since they have commonality of many parts. It's the reason they only make gen 5 in 9mm because it's whole reason is to simplify the supply chain for large orgs issuing both a full size and compact gun.

I don't like the grooves on the grips of the 4

dremel.

Attached: Perfection.jpg (720x960, 104K)

That looks atrocious and I don't own a dremel. Why would I save $100 on a gun to spend $100 and 2 hours trying to get something that comes on the gun that is $100 more?

Gen 4 has a shitload more aftermarket support and if you want a RMR you're either gonna get a gen4mos, pay to have a gen5 cut or use one of those fail mounts that go in the rear sight channel.

If my only option was to get a 4 or pass on the glock altogether I wouldn't buy a glock. Do you really think the 5 won't get any aftermarket support? It hasn't been out for all that long.

I'm telling you 5 will be limited in sales and therefore aftermarket because it's whole reason for ebing is creating a implified supply chain with large orgs that want commonality of parts between the 17 and 19. Kind of like the 19x was for the army handgun contract and Glock just puts it on the market anyway...they've already sunk the R&D costs so why not make some money where they can. Neither the gen 5 or the 19x will sell anywhere near the numbers of the gen 3/4 guns.

(You)
Then gen 5 is an attempt to compete against sigs in the police market. The interchangeable frames of the new sigs makes it cheap/easy for a department to issue full size guns to patrol and compacts to suits because they integrate the supply chain for everything but barrels, frames and slides.

He never said anything about owning a glock before. Fucking dumbass

OP here, went ahead and picked up the Gen 5 G17. $581 tax and all

Learned a valuable lesson, my $1200 previous HD gun that was stolen was only covered for $500 on my policy, so I'm not going to go too much over that on something that can so easily be taken.

Attached: stu.jpg (329x361, 19K)

Op you wouldn't happen to live in the central Texas area would you?

Far from it

Ok, my brother had his gun stolen on the 4th so I thought you might be him.

>Gen 5
Get rid of the stupid fucking mag cutout and I'd buy one. It annoyingly rests under my pinky.

on the 17 or the 19

i have one. its a great gun.

the g19 has the issues of the mag cutout making your pinky finger chafe over it. the g17 doesnt unless you have mega sausage fingers

I bought the 17, I didn't like the 19 frame at all in my hand, it felt top heavy and like the grip was too short. It also had a lower standard mag capacity

X is 19 slide 17 frame.

I'd go for an M&P 2.0. Unless you already have a ecosystem of Glock holsters and accessories, there's no reason to buy a Glock over the competition.

Should've gotten a Ruger Security-9 or a Walther Creed if all you cared about was the price of the gun.

>Gold standard of 9mm combat handguns
So you suggest he get a p320?

Attached: 0570C5E3-3866-47A2-AD2B-27075874F432.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Pretty sure you have that backwards, it is a 17 slide on a 19 frame. It feels unbalanced as heck

If it is a 17 on a 19 frame that kills my debate between 17 and 19

I much prefer the way a 17 frame feels over a 19 frame. The X is also somehow heavier than even a 17

Really this is the first time anyone's asked Jow Forums
>hay guise should i buyz dis for dis much
>nah u need to buyz used fer 100 less doolers than market value or u gettin ripped off
>get a mosin nugget instead
lel

molon labe?

Does this post have any value?

I saw a 91/30 in the shop where I bought the glock for literally $350

Wow thanks for your feelings you stupid fuck. If only we had a way to see what was true before making up bullshit.
us.glock.com/products/model/g19x

Okay, I was mistaken.

Still, it is somehow heavier than both the 19 and the 17 and feels off balance in my hands.

you had one job

Attached: 1531153058387.jpg (720x756, 134K)

Speaking as a M9A1 owner, it's only really a competitor for Glock if you intend to leave it stock

I agree. It feels awkward with what feels like a super long grip and rather short barrel.