QTDDTOT:Anyone still making these edition

Why were not lever actions a thing in 19th century europe ? And why did burgers take so long to use bolt actions ?

Attached: on2797__2.jpg (1200x1200, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYf0Qcreys4
youtube.com/watch?v=wh_RqfMSkeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

wal-ther or walt-her, why is there an h in there?

Attached: e5b458d09009b10c475d03d893f62312.jpg (736x1104, 167K)

I'm deciding between a Walther PPS M2 for $380 and a S&W Model 10 in 38 special for around$400, both fit me just fine but not sure which would be the best choice for a future ccw.

Lever actions were useful on horseback, easier to chamber another round while riding in comparison to bolt action.
Hence why lever gats are often seen with cattlemen and cowboys.

how did i do?

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-104934_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x2220, 360K)

It's a German name. That's why the h is there. It's supposed to be pronounced "valt-her."

Did you bid or are you the seller ?

bidder

how much should I resell it for?

Why were ww1 armies warry about using "illegal" expanding bullets despite already breaking the hague convention by using poison gas shells ?

They weren't.
They just figured out over 100 years ago that expanding rounds are a meme.
A meme that many have now fallen for all over again.

It looks kinda worn out have any other pics?

I live in Canada. Where can I buy .300 rook ammo or casings, and failing that, what casings can be modified into .300 rook?

Attached: 789871.jpg (640x480, 29K)

havent received it yet

With that condition it's worth 100$ max and that's pushing it; you got trolled by a price-gouging boomer selling worn out chinese plastic crap.

my m&p 2.0 compact keeps getting light primer strikes on wolf ammo. does anyone know where i can get a heavier striker spring? will the m&p 1.0 or glock springs work?

youtube.com/watch?v=pYf0Qcreys4

I made the question because i watched the c&rsenal episode on the Webley and the british gave up .455 Webley Mk IV (Conceived as a loophole to the hollowpoint MK III cartridge) because they were wary that it would be illegal too.

I'm thinking of getting into milsurp but want to do so efficiently; I don't want an Enfield because of the unique ammo. But, the Mosin and SVT-40 share the same caliber and thus make sense. Thoughts on the SVT-40? And how much should I expect to pay for one in above average condition?

Are you american ?

Yeah, the bullet isn't the problem. I cannot find anywhere to procure the brass, or which brass is optimal for resizing.

can I shoot someone if I suspect they are a communist Chinese spy? I think communist Chinese spies are following me.

Attached: 1530204475002.png (1125x1110, 568K)

Does anyone besides whatacountry have m16 parts kits right now?

25-20 Single shot brass should work

I'm being serious I think the communist Chinese are spying on me.

Attached: 1530181176760.png (480x320, 227K)

If you're being serious then you need to relax. Honestly kind of sounds like mental illness desu

NO THOSE FUCKING COMMIE CHINKS ARE EVERYWHERE THEY'RE SPYING ON US!!!!

just dont do or say anything that u wouldnt want a commie chink to see or know and youll be fine

No, it just sucked in testing against animals.

>chinese plastic crap
eotech is in michigan

>t.commie shill.
Daily reminder that the russians thought communism was so perfect that anyone against it must be mentally ill.

They still outsource labor and materials to china; also just because it has eotech on it does not means it is a eotech product (The chinese are good at counterfeit).

Yessir

stop, you are giving me buyers remorse

Horses as transportion = america.
Horses as biotank = europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=wh_RqfMSkeo

If I get a carry hand rear sight for an ar, do I need a front post?

Is it worth it to make a semi auto Sten?

How can I make a overfoling ak stock?
Like a spas or a nork ak.

>Horses as transportion = america.
>Horses as biotank = europe.
Would not this make europeans favor lever actions ? They are easier to fire on horseback after all.

Are not sten-kits illegal ?

They are legal, but is it worth the time and effort to make one?

That's why the americans used them. Europeans used horses for melee.

Makes sense now, if you only expect them to shoot before they are in sword range there is no reason to use a specialized cavalry weapon instead of a carbine version of a infantry rifle (Lever actions are bad for infantry combat since they cant fire prone and tube magazines mess with marksmanship)

a lot if you manage to find one

Open bolt semiautos are legally machineguns

Sorry, i was baiting and did not expect you to bite, ignore what i said before about it being chinese and only worth 100$.

Why do I feel sad all the time?

Attached: death-WovfS.jpg (640x1216, 27K)

Do you have any ambitions in life?

idk i wanna get an FFL but thats about it

Any idea what you'll do with it once you get it?

make some machine guns
design new guns
hope that I don't get bored

Pretty new to the military (2 years) but why is such an emphasis placed on fitness above literally everything else?

I can pass a fitness test, I don't do amazing but I pass, I don't aim to be super fit, just fit enough to meet the standards set yet I'm considered by my CoC to be a lazy cunt, however I'm really fucking good at my actual job role, people constantly asking my advice or looking to me for guidance, yet I'm still considered to be shit simply because I don't place a huge amount of my attention towards being an Olympic athlete. Yet the guys that are fucking worthless at their jobs, just dead weight that can't fulfil even a basic function within their role are lauded as heroic examples because they're super fit.

I just don't understand this.

What are your ideas for the new designs?

>Roller delayed blowback bullpup AK that's downward ejecting
>Roller delayed blowback .45 (will look very similar to a ruger mk 3)
>.357 magnum semi auto carbine
>bullpup semi auto shotgun fed from a helical magazine

I've got a few more but those are the ones off the top of my head

How are you planning on getting the 357 carbine to work since it's a rimmed cartridge?

rotary magazine similar to a 10/22

Why the fuck are ak drum mags always out of stock

yes, you need a front and rear sight to aim using iron sights

Why not just a desert eagle mag?

Assuming semiautos are unavaliable for whatever reason; how good is a pump-action rifle for home defense ? Is it better than a levergat or a boltgat ?

low capacity. You could squeeze more into a rotary mag

What if I only use a front sight? That way the barrel will be pointing at the target.

Attached: 1530929180752.jpg (2302x2944, 1.86M)

>
That's how aiming works, right?

A line requires two points my dude

Attached: 1530497949969.jpg (550x413, 86K)

Yes, the front sight and the target.

Which .22 rifle is the smallest?

>Why were not lever actions a thing in 19th century europe ?
Because most were all pistol caliber and by the time better ones were developed there were better designs out there like bolt actions.

>And why did burgers take so long to use bolt actions ?
We adopted them in the 1890s, when the majority of the world adopted them. You had a few countries like France, Prussia/Germany, Italy and Switzerland using them before that time, but bolt actions didn't catch on until really the late 1880s and 1890s.

Attached: 1530485082172.jpg (836x425, 53K)

Less of that, more of they had rifles because every soldier needed a rifle, but they primarily used the horse for cavalry charges instead of for mobile combat.

The long and the short of it is that if we hadn't had 400 years of history fighting horse spics and 200 years fighting mexican horse spics, then our use of cavalry would have been different.
tl;dr we needed lever guns to counter rapists/murderers/subhumans, we weren't fighting traditional armies.

What do you do in the military?

Get a shotgun

I can meme too.

Attached: rifle.jpg (1351x385, 61K)

Guessing you mean a snub Model 10?

I just picked up a pre-1980 Model 10 with a 4” barrel for ~$300 for reference

Anyone know how much an authentic ww2 m1 carbine should go tor?

Sadly, you can't think.
You can draw a line between your front sight and target at a 45 degree angle. You can draw one at a 90 degree angle.
Your position seems intuitively correct because you're actually thinking of instinctive aim or ghost ring aim depending on your sights. In actual fact, you're relying on other factors to bring the rear of the weapon into line with the front sight and the target.
Simply put, you need to make sure that the target lies on the line that the front and rear sight indicate, so you need two reference points on that line to see where it goes.

I saw on go for 500 a few weeks ago, but they usually go for 600-800, but can go as high as 1,200

are there restrictions on bp guns in portugal? law doesnt seem to mention them

Whats a good handgun for someone with tendonitis?

Bertram makes the cases which you can order from Rayner’Shine gun works. Alternatively you could convert .32 long colt. Budget shooter supply, x-reload or tradex should have that.

What do I need to do to install pic related? I have a stock Ruger 556 and am completely new to customizing rifles.

Attached: 588D00D2-DBF2-45B8-B1B0-E477777A420C.jpg (750x1243, 67K)

Nice fuddlore m8. It’s perfectly doable to shoot and work lever actions prone.

p sure it's slightly rubbery/polymer in construction and it just kind of clips on, aligned with the spaces in your rails.

Two zipties

What's louder: 5.56 rifle with short barrel, 5.56 rifle with long barrel, 12 ga shoutgun, or 9 mm pistol.
And why?

Can confirm I got a knockoff from wish dot com that from a foot away looks 1-1 with a real eotech and its got the name on it even. Like just blattently thr company name.

whats the cheapest electronic ear pro I could buy that will feasibly protect my ears and not shit out

Attached: sordins.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

Would this install over the m-lok rails?

Attached: 118CDDE4-2F67-4EDE-A78D-902C37B5040C.jpg (750x1078, 74K)

howard leighs. even if the electronic part shits out its still as good as normal dumb headphone style earpro

I have the howard leight impact sports that I've always had the impression that everyone and their mother in the shooting world does. I've had them for a couple years now maybe and they're still working. I use them at work around jet engines (turned off, mind you) and they seem alright still IMO. Think they sell gel cups for them now too.

Yeah, that's compatible with M-LOK handguards. It says it in the name.

Yeah 4" barrel, not sure if they're pre 1980. I'm guessing a whole batch of them just got put on the market and they're flooded in the 3-400 price range.

I'm still not sure if they're worth it or if I should just go with a brand new PPS.

I'm a poorfag who just bought the parts for building my first AR 15. I've got about $100 give or take left in my budget and no optics or anything. Should I just buy some good irons and save up a few hundred bucks for a decent RDS later?

Attached: 1531095814127.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Iron

I just got mine from the same batch. It’s in very good condition at a glance, but granted i’m not an expert nor have I taken it to a gunsmith to give it a once-over.

Honestly, 4” might be a bit large for CC unless you’re a beefcake

What's a good magnification to put on like a ptr? Is 2-7x a good choice or maybe a 1.5-5x ? Mostly for use at like 300 and 400 yards but also something with a low end enough for the occasional 50 yard mag dumps.

Is it okay to sell funs to buy other funs? I bought a Colt AR before the election and I don't really shoot it and I'd rather put the money towards a Tikka.

It was a hypotethic question; i rarely hear people talk about pump-action rifles and was curious to see what Jow Forums thinks of their merits.