Why 9mm rifles exist?

why 9mm rifles exist?
i get why .22 rifles exist but god damn 9mm

Attached: 1D4694F6-B6B6-4562-ADC5-8EF5D3D11BE7.jpg (689x347, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mI2Wxlp99uY&t=256s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To make money.

Because of boomers LARPing as SWAT people and folks thinking the NFA will magically disappear and their $2 Grand PCC will transform into a submachine gun.

Because they're aesthetic and not too bad to shoot with?

how stupid you need to be to buy 9mm rifle?

Because people are buying them. I'd jump on the Ruger PC Carbine train if there were some stock options for it. The normal stock looks pretty ugly.

So people can larp as the operators from Rainbow Six without wasting their wallets or potential anal virginity in the process.

Light recoil, still at the bottom spectrum of a functional round, longer barrel for little bit more velocity.
Oh and glock mags.
If your personal specifications for a gun are outside of those areas you shouldn't, but otherwise are great little plinkers/HD

Okay. Suck my balls.

youtube.com/watch?v=mI2Wxlp99uY&t=256s

9mm is cheaper than 5.56 in quantity almost always and still feels like a gun instead of feeling like a loud airgun like .22lr. Also 9mm out of a 16" barrel performs very much like .357 out of a 16" barrel, so it's performance v. cost on that.

Attached: 1522599808071.jpg (885x660, 95K)

i have Sako Quad .22 and ruger AR556 and i would never ever buy 9mm shit
i still cant get why the hell somebody would buy 9mm shit (rifle, pistols are just fine)

because they're fun, noguns

bulk 9mm is cheap enough to plink with and provides more recoil than 22lr. in this case, more felt recoil makes for better practice and more fun (imo).
as far as "why a rifle", so you can shoulder it and shoot more easily than a pistol.
>muh braces, muh sbrs
not everyone wants to do either of those, especially when the gun in question is a plinker

>getting THIS bootyblasted over a 9mm carbine

>9mm carbine
There's such a thing as a full length 9mm rifle?

or you are just idiot who cant save enough money to buy a real rifle

yup

I don't know but I would like to add an MP5-N clone to my collection

>cheap ammo
>light
>dat HK slap
>80s/90s aesthetics

If you lived in a small apartment it probably would be a good HD gun too

>cheap rifle
>cheap ammo
>will kill people
this would be enough for most people, but as added bonuses:
>are usually semi automatic
>low recoil
>fairly light
>people buying these typically live in urban areas and plan to use them typically in closer quarters where the round still functions perfectly fine
>will, to reiterate, still kill people

>t. cant afford automatic firearms

Why does any type of firearm exist in any caliber?

Did you mean autoloading? An HK safety sear alone is gonna set you back ~$10,000 provided you even find anyone willing to sell in the first place

?

Haha you're poor.

thats pretty cool

I wanted one.

First of all I can confirm that The AR-15 in Killing Floor 2 is obviously a 9mm conversion.

Where on earth are you finding a 20" 9mm

check T:OP

>Also 9mm out of a 16" barrel performs very much like .357 out of a 16" barrel
their energy is not evenly remotely comparable

9mm rifles are well rounded, be it range toying or home defense

>people can larp as the operators from Rainbow Six without
The fuck is rainbow six
9mm rifles are good for shooting things with cheap cartridges.

Thus the best post was made.
Guns are fun.

Because some people want them.
Fucking idiot

Ballisticsbytheinch lists 90gr Cor-bon 9mm at 1740fps out of a 16" barrel. They also list 110gr Cor-bon .357 at 1790fps out of a 16" barrel. Not saying they're the same power or same load or anything, but 50fps difference is a lot closer than "not even remotely comparable."

you are fucking idiot if you want one!

you havin' a giggle?

>The fuck is rainbow six
Vidya based on Tom Clancy's books.

Attached: a61704cf7a3ee84d4d65e8cb3dcd56b866f58db5.png (500x500, 120K)

They are fun and cheap to shoot, while offering a little more than a 22.

Plus 9mm out of a longer barrel gets up to 357 Mag energy. A collapsible 9mm rifle that uses the same mags as your carry gun would be nice in the car or backpack.

Better being an idiot than freedom-hater scum like OP/you

Haha, I made you my bitch.

>freedom-hater scum
dude wut?
i never said anything about banning guns or shit like that
like how the fuck i am freedom-hater?

>9mm out of a rifle gets .357 mag energy

No it doesn't.

Attached: 1531075482669.gif (318x241, 1.99M)

>their energy is not even remotely comparable
>their energy
>energy

can you not read? I said energy, not velocity

>t. failed high school physics

You disapprove of people doing what they want with their own fucking money, that's plenty.

Yes it does? I guess I should have specified that I meant a shorter barrel 357, like in a carry gun, but I made the assumption that the posters of this board weren't retarded enough to think I was implying that a cartridge with significantly more case capacity would deliver the same energy as a significantly smaller cartridge with identical barrel sizes.

Attached: muh power.png (1302x489, 57K)

9mm benefits from longer barrels. A PCC is a compromise choice that gives you a less powerful but cheaper and lower recoiling round in a shoulder fired weapon.

Also, if you're in a cucked state with a higher round limit on handgun magazines than on rifle magazines, you can run glock mags in your PCC that exceed the capacity of what you can legally buy in a rifle caliber.

>Vidya based on Tom Clancy's books.
it is a fucking tom clancy's book series that was made into vidya, you fucking mong

Holy hell imagine being this fucking dumb

>5.56 AR prices low as shit relatively at the moment
>.22 plinkers and ammo were never expensive
but hey if people want to buy a $500 Ruger PCC or drop a grand or two on CZ scorpions that makes them poorfags amrite?

They just licensed the title for marketing purposes, the games have fuck all to do with the novels other than by coincidence (much like Starship Troopers)

How long are the barrels on the scorpion carbine?

Using the data you gave, the 9mm comes up with 623 foot pounds while the .357 769 foot pounds. That’s a whole 146 foot pound difference. That small 50fps difference makes up a little less that a fourth of the 9mm’s foot poundage.

i like dis

Attached: download.jpg (446x113, 7K)

Plinking at 16cpr as opposed to 30cpr without being shitty 22lr

>90gr @ 1740fps = 605 ft/lb
>110gr @ 1790 fps = 785 ft/lb
I am a fan of 9mm carbines but don't be dishonest man. You're talking about almost 25% less energy out of the 9mm, that's fucking huge.

Well you did say
> Also 9mm out of a 16" barrel performs very much like .357 out of a 16" barrel, so it's performance v. cost on that.
Giving you the benefit of the doubt you just forgot to specify 6” barrel on the .357

>tfw we starwars now...

Attached: 1489525947210.jpg (836x768, 89K)

how stupid you need to be to buy .22 "rifle"?

Oof

Same.

A fun plinker that's still viable for home defense; why the fuck not?

.22 edges out 9mm only if you
a. pay no range fees
b. do small game hunting

For most people who want a gun that's fun, adequate for home defense, cheap to use, and something they can learn on the PCC functions the way a 22 did for our grandpa's.

there are many pointless guns in my opinion, such as the taurus judge and deringers, but 9mm carbines aren't one of them. It's a plinker long gun that shoots harder than .22's and shares ammunition with common handguns, which would be an understandable pro if you actually own guns.
>inb4 hurr dats dum dum womp womp succ deez nutz

.22 is based you insecure little bitch

>muh stoppin' powah
A 9mm will kill any unarmored Tyrone or Cletus who comes your way, at similar weight, half the volume, and half the cost of .223, while being accurate out to 100m (the typical engagement range of most wars since WWI). 9mm is fine, Elmer.

>9mm out of a 16 inch barrel performs similar to 357 out of a 4 inch barrel
FTFY

Because you are a faggot and your shit is all fucked.

Attached: IMG_20180520_103330.jpg (4640x3480, 2.49M)

Because it's only way to own a 9mm in my country.

Attached: 1531164795280.png (609x609, 292K)

kys, his point is why does it matter

Sucks to suck

That was some other fag, not me.

well that sucks

Because I own a two 9mm pistols and having a 9mm AR pistol that takes Glock magazines is fun.

There is literally nothing wrong with 9mm PCC's
They're fun as fuck and relatively cheap to shoot.
I'll be honest, this thing might be more fun to shoot than my AR.

Attached: UZI_9MM.jpg (4032x2268, 3.7M)

No it's not.

That is ingenious
They should be showing this to militaries and making this in all kinds of rounds right now!

This is 100% more fun to shoot than any ar I've shot.

Attached: Capture+_2018-07-04-16-56-47.png (714x907, 929K)

>4:36
>racks slide
>round flies out
It's not loaded I swear.

>Because they can
>because others want
>because fun things are fun

That's... what he said?

I hate uzi's but if you love it that's all that matters.

See OP? It's not that hard. Different people can like different things.

>this buttmad he can't afford it
no autistic nogunz you are the poor

I don't know, but now I want one. Shit would be pretty quiet with subsonics.

This

The original Mini Uzi carbines made by IMI in the 80's had 19.8 inch barrels.
(I think for OAL requirements.)

Attached: wm_12019239.jpg (2848x2144, 730K)

Horrendous. It's like a fucking walking stick.

It's one of those things that just has to be SBR'd, otherwise it just looks all kinds of retarded.
thanks mr. NFA

I know what it's about. Doesn't make it any less unacceptable.

25 ft/lbs is lethal. A 22lr is 100 ft/lbs.
A 9mm at 600ft/lbs is nothing to poke a stick at. Will kill you 24 times over.

Scorpion carbine has 16" barrel. Pistol has 7.75", micro has 5.0" to 5.5" depending on if you get a kit or buy from CZ.

This

600 ft lbs is similar to a 10mm out of a handgun. Nobody would call that weak. 9mm+p out of a carbine is = to a powerful handgun.

What if I just want to own one for the sake of owning one?

I have a micro myself. Ive never looked into the carbines as I've found them to be excessively unaesthetic.

I own a pistol with a trigger upgrade. Considering converting to micro with a suppressor.

Mines still a pistol. Im saving up to sbr and surpress it all at one time.

9mm can reach out and touch a lot farther than you think. It's a much more apt varmit rifle and is a great plinker.

>another PCC / SMG hate thread

Attached: COLT_SMG#3.jpg (613x279, 14K)