What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 428330F7-BB88-4DBB-A3DC-97918E8189AB.jpg (960x718, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQ0aSZC-H5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>more reliable than an AK
>better ergos than an AR
Id say nothing went wrong desu

Bushmaster didn't support it right away. It's having a small resurgence recently, but who knows if that's enough to save it

It's actually a really nice rifle. Very ergonomic and soft shooting, but it's a little heavy.

Attached: 20180526_215637.jpg (4032x1643, 733K)

How heavy? Also how much did it cost?

It wasn't made in .308

Kept promising caliber conversions that never came

plastic

Weight wasn't too bad, but it wanted HK prices.

so?

FAL-boi heavy? Or less?

Like 7.5# unloaded.

Originally they wanted SCAR money ~$2500 or something. I got mine used for around $1k.

What's the actual weight? I don't trust given stats from the manufacturer.

Mine weighs in around 9# woth a loaded mag and eotech. I've been wanting to get rid of the eotech for an aimpoint micro, and I'm waiting on a stamp for a 10.5" barrel which would cut the weight down significantly.

Attached: 20180513_211525.jpg (3335x1347, 1.73M)

The MSRP was 2k when it launched and you could find them for about $1500. People were expecting $1000 which was way too optimistic.

You could probably shave off half a pound getting one of those MI handguards.

Accountants.

That sounds about right. I think if you find one for $1200 or less, it's worth it. It's pretty feature heavy, and now support is starting to roll out from the manufacturer.

Idk over the plastic handguards if I would or not. I haven't compared the weight yet.

Bushmaster alleges that they're putting out m lok rails based on the Remington rail, and RPM makes a pretty nice rail also. Whenever the stamp comes in, I'll more than likely go with one of them. I don't like the squared off look of the NO rails. I'm sure they work fine, though.

Rpm in pic

Attached: RPM+ACR+Carbine.jpg (750x460, 123K)

This review was from 3 years ago but comes from a good guy. youtube.com/watch?v=zQ0aSZC-H5M

Promised to do ar things but slightly better
Promised to do it for similar price

Still does ar things, but price got way oit of hand

why buy an ACR over a good AR?

Attached: eyebrows.jpg (545x645, 44K)

Memes

original had 1:9 twist barrel

For $12-1500 it's a piston, ambi gun with a QD barrel system and non reciprocating charging handle. Plus it's nice to have something different. And For $12-1500 you can have a non ambi AR That's got a decent barrel and BCG in it.

It's pretty much an alternative rather than an outright upgrade or downgrade.

The biggest advantage of the AR is it's weight and availability of parts, imo.

Attached: 20180702_143426.jpg (2309x2409, 3.3M)

>Promised in 1k-1.5k range ("Affordable")
>Promised easy caliber conversion kits
>Comes out in 2k+ range
>Conversion kits never come.

I feel like I should get one of these used.

not enough aftermarket in the years following launch. idc and I'm picking one up soon, literally my dream gun. already have an AR too

conversion kits soon™

p30?

its kind of a shame these never took off. in theory they're like the perfect next-gen assault rifle. has a jihadi ever even been killed by one of these things?

broken promises

> has a jihadi ever even been killed by one of these things?

I doubt it, they havent been issued by any government to anyone (except Polish CIA equivalent apparently) Unless one of the randos over there fighting daesh in sand-land brought one with him.

>>>/1990/

Yup

I think they're a great value used.

Yeet.

I feel like jihadis have been killed by everything at this point. So it's not impossible.

Attached: 20180708_131210.jpg (2440x2249, 3.21M)

True, plus I only considered Jihadists in the ME, there could have been a Jihadist killed in the US with one, Weather he was doing Jihad things at the time or not.

>I think they're a great value used.
I found one for 1300 with a Geissele trigger in it. Think I'll trade one of my ARs for it.

That's a good deal. Go for it.

Even jihad in the heart counts

>That's a good deal. Go for it.
Anything you think I should check on it when I take a look?

Got any pics?

Barrel profile and muzzle device will tell you whether it's a newer or older model. The old models are govt profile and have either an A2 flash hider or a BE Myers style 3 prong flash hider.

The new ones have a slim profile and a AAC blackout 51t flash hider.

No pics. Are the old models worse in some way other than the government profile barrel? Could I interchange the barrels between old and new?

Yes, there was a recall for them but if you're getting it used, they SHOULD have already sent it in. If not, it's free so no harm.

Like said. There was a recall way back, but that was when they forst came out.

If it bothers you, you can swap the barrels no problem without tools. There are factory barrels out there now for around $5-600 depending on length, buyt they include the complete gas system and QD system.

Attached: 20171218_153752.jpg (4032x1465, 436K)

your parents never really loved you and so you grew up emotionally stunted and more than a little retarded.

>What went wrong?
Magpul. Wanted Magpul prices. Twice the price of a quality AR for possibly 10% improved performance. Also couldn't really be made into a light weight.

plastic shit ar-18 clone in a shell. does nothing a ar or ak can't do

I only know one guy who ever bought one. He said it cost him 4 grand. He was a real cocksucker though so I'm glad he got diddled on the price.

They promised compatibility with AR parts for barrel, bolt, etc but the end product is fully proprietary. They made it modular but offered no caliber change kit until years later.
The quick barrel change latch is retarded. Should have stuck with screws like the SCAR.
The whole thing is way too heavy.
The plastic lower with the molded handle sucks.
People have complained about the location of the charging handle.
Cost way too much for what it is.

IMO the Remington version was a huge improvement. Magnesium lower, AR pistol grip, better handguard (mlok would have still been better), charging handle with a latch that prevents putting the gun out of battery accidentaly, did away with the barrel latch, lighter...
Unfortunately it was never released for the civilian market.

In the end what could have been one of the best gun ever if not the best ended up to be one of the biggest failures of the firearm industry.
Truly a shame, the concept itself was good considering it has been copied so many times Poland or Japan for example.