Are hera buttstocks and foregrips a meme or are they functional? How heavy are they...

Are hera buttstocks and foregrips a meme or are they functional? How heavy are they? Am I the only one that thinks they look rad as hell?

Attached: 2017-03-03-12.01.50.jpg (1500x1125, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

operatorchan.org/k/res/103536.html
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/20/kiln-vitaly-bulgarovs-ar-15-dex-stock/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/09/the-forged-upper-conversion-kit-cobalt-kinetics-50-state-solution-for-the-ar-15-platform/
sru-precision.com/ar-advanced-kit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have a set, I find them to be comfy.

what's the weight on them like and do they work well for shooting standard AR distances as well as close quarters?

Personally I think it looks pretty cool, though idk how it would look on a non-SBR

the build quality is not what you expect for a stock of that price however there are no alternatives so you have to pay if you want it.
operatorchan.org/k/res/103536.html
has better pictures that are too big to post here without resizing

Attached: hera.jpg (1892x1068, 291K)

Do a web search and see what the inside looks like

They're made from chinese quality plastic with zero reinforcements and course screws threaded directly into plastic studs. They are not made to last or be used with any gusto. They will not take damage or repairs with a shit.

with any luck the user that bought one will post the inside shot of that poorly engineered expensive chinkshit. It seems to have been scrubbed off the internet.

if you get one, just know you're paying for a $5 piece of plastic that looks like it came directly off a nerf gun.

They are rather flimsy, so they weigh little.

Looks nice, but I'm still waiting for the Kiln stock to come out.. any day now.. surely they'll deliver ;_;

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/20/kiln-vitaly-bulgarovs-ar-15-dex-stock/

Attached: 2017-10-17-07.38.55-920x690.jpg (920x690, 149K)

Wow those do look super cheap. My buddy has a high quality 3D printer. Couldn't he just copy one if these for me to try out? I'm sure someone has uploaded the image somewhere.

what if you fill it up with construction foam in a can?

And for the threaded in screws drill them out and use small riv nuts that are epoxied in?

Attached: 1365735521494.jpg (264x292, 56K)

Or heat stake them with polymer rivets.

I've heard from a guy that they're pretty much cheap chinesium plastic, they're hollow.

looks fine to me

t. guy who designs injection molded parts for a living

This is one spicy meme

I'm not saying it couldn't be better, just that it's what you would expect from an injection molded shell construction like this.

Attached: hera stock.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

Indeed, they're plastic, but desu unless you're throwing your rifle butt-end first at the ground all the time I doubt there'd be much issue in the long term. Is this gonna be some shit you put on your rifle to keep around for 50 years? No, and it's not designed or marketed to be such. It's a meme and Hera knows it's a meme.

Would buy the shit out of this, but euros never deliver.

Has anyone decided to put the fore grip on a pistol and has their dog survived the decision?

I want to take a g36 carry handle optic and put it on an ar 15 the question is is it possible?

>AR lower
>recoil energy
user

You forgot the screws directly into plastic. They could of used brass escutcheons at the minimum.

looks like the inside of a nerf gun

>it's what you would expect from an injection molded shell construction like this.
If you expect $100+ furniture held together by screws to not even understand what a washer is you know fuck about shit.

>hurr my shoulder doesn't hurt therefor nothing goes back at all durr

It's ABS with a shitload of negative space and almost no structural ribbing, neck yourself you stupid nigger.

no stress is placed on the AR lower, it's why they can be made of wood and plastic, you insipid troglodyte

you need structural ribs, also it look like is has no fibers.

to add

with course-threaded screws as well. mating to bare fucking plastic. anyone who claims to work with plastics for a living like that user is and defending this amateur shitshow of an attempt is either retarded or a shill

there are plastic models with better construction

there are chinks tools that are better built.

Every time you post this retarded pic you get obliterated, it's almost like you enjoy it.

>only the upper receiver has any recoil on it when the rifle is put together
That’s how retarded you sound.

>what is a stress-bearing part

Protip from someone who actually owns and understands ARs; any part of the lower beleow the castle nut is not bearing any recoil-induced stress. You're welcome, my services are free this time.

What upper and lower is that?

Looks like Lantec

I have mine on a 16in barrel, so I wouldn't be shooting standard distance. Total weight on my setup is just over 7lbs unloaded without optic.

ITT anons reveal that they've never actually taken apart anything with a plastic housing

>b-but it's hollow inside

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/09/the-forged-upper-conversion-kit-cobalt-kinetics-50-state-solution-for-the-ar-15-platform/

How bout these?

Attached: Cobalt-Kinetics-50-State-Legal-Forged-Upper-Conversion-Kit-Lower-Receiver-5.jpg (1500x456, 98K)

I have to say that there is at least one alternative, though I have yet to identify what exactly they are. Pic related

Attached: 1530471213830.jpg (718x376, 48K)

holy cow this is some space marines aesthetics

Attached: 1492550525549.gif (500x398, 1.74M)

>cyberpunk vibes
>ar-15
>mfw
I need this

Attached: e35.png (563x327, 108K)

vaporware

>$700

Attached: .Xxe8VZG.gif (480x270, 1.01M)

I think I'll stick with the Ares SCR instead of whatever cancer that is.

I know, I want but I can't figure out what that furniture is. Too angular for Hera, if its a one off 3d printed deal I'm gonna fucking cut my balls off in frustration

They look comfy to be honest, i would love to buy a set and use them on my AR57

Attached: AR-57.jpg (1000x325, 64K)

my dog starts barking like crazy if there's a fore grip within 25 feet of a pistol

I also think they look AWESOME. but they are overpriced chincy airsofty plastic.

Woah. AR-57 upper detected.
And not going with Hera furniture for p90 aesthetic. Interesting restraint.
Need that on a proper SBR build.

Attached: 1982_AR_57_57x28Gemtech_surpr_1.jpg (448x300, 24K)

holy SHIT. that g36 carry handle AND on an ar56...looks awesome but that has to get in the way of reloads.

I actually bought one of these pieces of shit and quickly returned it. I’ve had better quality $20 Walmart airsoft guns.

Attached: 054C549A-5FF2-400D-854A-0729500E6C3F.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

>magwell is the ejection port
I've ranted about that stupid fucking carbine design to too many people to be won over by a stock and forgrip. Fuck that shitty ar

>they can be made of wood
Only one I’ve seen made of wood broke when shot.

I mean, that's more clearance than the original P90 has so I'm sure one can manage fine.

Ive seen chinese battery powered drills with nicer plastic.

Disgraceful

lol another white man fell for the German meme again

sru-precision.com/ar-advanced-kit

The Dex stock was made as concept art by a graphic designer, it's never going to be real pal.

Sounds like their target is commercial production to me

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-10-12-39-08.png (1080x1920, 691K)

There's been more than one.

Attached: SolidPineAR15Lower.jpg (768x576, 63K)

It costs like $100 bucks and its made of abs plastic, not even polymer. Also screws go directly into the plastic, not even bushings. And you have to actually unscrew the thing to slip it onto your buffer tube. Also the only thing holding your safety detent spring in place is an easily deformed bit of rubber.

Oh God I need dis.

Attached: 1525482848887.gif (1000x776, 3.2M)

please explain whats wrong with it

(You)

ABS plastic is a polymer....

"Polymer" as you misscall it is glass reinforced nylon... nylon is a plastic.

Attached: Sanic.png (434x218, 155K)

>all this effort to to make a simulacra of a "space gun"
>at the end of the day its still JUST an ar-15 with a "theme" and extra dead weight

Attached: 1529819706822.jpg (720x811, 310K)

there are only so many ways to propel a cone shaped piece of metal down a tube. not sure what you're expecting

ar-15 is just an m16 with a theme

the theme is cuckoldry

Fuck off nerd

There are files. I came here to post something along these lines.

I was thinking about doing this with a DIY polymer stock. Someone talk me out of it.

>print out hollow stock with ribs
>fill with a can of foam
>seal off the entry port and wait for the cure

what could go wrong?

Attached: wait for it.jpg (477x700, 59K)

I fucking hate california. At least it looks better than that handle bar abomination.

you could probably also make it from fiber glass reinforced epoxy resin. that would never break.

You are retarded.

You are also retarded, possibly moreso.

oh so the handle is not part of the lower then?

are you trying to say pistol grip? or just grip, even?

retard.

Attached: 1509457552273s.jpg (221x250, 9K)

this was 3D printed.

Attached: 3D print hera.jpg (628x472, 86K)

Holy fucking shit user thank you, I've been trying for three months to identify these. You're a Jow Forumsubesend

how can you dumb schmuck not understand that there is a goddamn straight line from the back of the stock to the grip, it is a load bearing structure you fucktard

>the pistol grip is a load bearing structure
top zozzle, here's your (you)

whatever you want to call it it's part of the lower and recoil is going to introduce some stress to it.

Do you own guns?

>recoil induces stress on the pistol grip
hahahaha holy shit

you need to retake your physics classes
starting with elementary

Okay so they do look rad on sbr’s but holy fuck do they make it hard to rotate the selector lever. The thumb position is just wonky as all hell. And I definitely would not recommend dropping them on an ar-10. And if you have a DD, you have to get a separate trigger guard. They are super light, but I wouldn’t call them durable. It’s a good idea, but they need to flesh them out a bit more. Definitely not magpul-tier.

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 454K)

More like
>ITT: Anons that failed 3rd grade physics

Attached: uW3Z8Eb.jpg (2979x2302, 964K)

Your example Pic broke after 3 rounds
t. Someone who looked into 2x4 lower builds

Attached: 1531199360813.jpg (326x302, 21K)

user, I don't think the top of the upper receiver has that much real estate to accommodate that kind of optic

I'll be damned

Keeps you from operating the safety/10

they excel at maintaining consistency in your shooting posture. but if you're already impeccable at keeping posture, they sort of just getting in the way a lot of time.

Attached: S2 SMLEAR.jpg (1183x360, 72K)

No, they look bitchin. I wonder how it would look with a C-mag though.

Your mom is a load bearing structure.

I really love mine

Attached: IMG_20180711_015710.jpg (960x707, 142K)

god I love living in the future

Their first generation of AR-15s were really pretty 10 MOA guns... I wouldn't trust them for quality.
They still have a bad rep for higher than average lemon rate here in Germany.