Vibram Fivefingers

What do you guys think about the Fivefingers? -- More specifically, the Trek Ascent.
Just a meme or does it have military applications?

Attached: hero.jpg (500x500, 23K)

I wear Trek 5 Ascents while I jerk off in the library. If anyone notices that I'm masturbating in public, I run away. Nobody has been able to catch me yet. If I step in a nasty jelq pool, the semen slides right off between my toes. The moisture wicking is unreal.

Attached: 1528240327244.jpg (876x968, 159K)

>hating keen.

OP here.
Aduable kek.

Attached: 1526158461807.jpg (334x506, 42K)

I mean, FTL wears them.

Attached: maxresdefault (28).jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

The only "military" application for these would be on the USS Eagle. These are seriously some of the best footwear for sailing, everything else they're shit. Unless you're Abebe Bikila, these "shoes" are worthless for anything else.

>these "shoes" are worthless for anything else.
Hold on user, they're great for fucking your mother

I very much appreciate your input.

They're fucking awesome if you can find socks for them. Honestly you'll have to pay more for extra pair of socks than the shoes. You'd think that would be normal but it's not. You can't just pick up generic toe socks at a local store. The shoes themselves feel fucking amazing. I use to get back pain once in a while from steel toe shoes, walking around in them felt amazing. I hate to wear stuff like that since if I have to run over rocks and pebbles or if there is a nail or something around. There were some days I'd put them on instead of boots and just felt amazingly better. I wouldn't dare try to go through woods with that kind of shit, if you get tired as fuck and just want to stomp over shit you'll break the living fuck out of one of your toes and no matter what you put on when that happens you're going to have to baby that bitch.

>military applications
shooting yourself in the skull has more military application.

Tore the first week I owned them. Comfy but utterly useless.

not weapons.

also they're stupid. get a real running shoe with arch support, or go barefoot/minimalist if climbing.

>You can't just pick up generic toe socks at a local store.
That's what you think. There's hundreds of choices on walmart.com

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-09_23-19-55.png (1920x1080, 326K)

Yeah special order to the store, you're not going to walk in there in your boots and find one on the shelf. It's not possible, there are more stores if they tried to stock one of every size they'd have more socks than stores. In a store you can walk in and find socks of all sizes and they have more of those than stores. You buy some common types great.
Besides, these are HOT weather shoes. If it's cold out, separating your toes you're going to lose body heat. Just having a toe freeze solid to the point it has to be cut off like it's something processed you'd eat out of a freezer would feel a million times worse than just breaking it. Then you got to walk around without a fucking toe. They'd probably start cutting off the outside ones first since they're the smallest. You're going to have a funny fucking walk that isn't normal.

>you're not going to walk in there in your boots and find one on the shelf. It's not possible
You really are going to make me put underwear on and drive over to Walmart, aren't you?

>You're going to have a funny fucking walk that isn't normal.
Don't threaten me with a good time

Attached: IMG_1476.jpg (960x763, 86K)

Are you a fag ?

They're based on the idea that running barefoot is a great idea. It's not so much, and science isn't quite on the side of barefooters. Walking barefoot, yeah, running barefoot, no.

I like going on a walk in the woods with these, just like I enjoy some short day hikes. That's it. For military applications, get something thick that protects your feet.

If I were sober enough to drive right now I'd go to the nearest one and take pictures of the socks they got. I'd best you enough money for a taxi there isn't a single fucking toe sock there right now and my vibram 5fingers are so old I'd have to knock dust off them if I felt like wearing them there for this.

I'd bet not best you taxi fair on that. I had like 2 pairs of toe socks when I got those fucking things, I've never seen them outside any shoe store and even then the socks were practically as much as the shoes. I haven't seen them anywhere else, in any size.

just order a thousand pair from walmart and have them delivered to your front door. there's so many to choose from.

Attached: toesocks.png (1641x765, 188K)

This is something I commonly hear about them.

Mine never tore but fuck they stink more than any other shoe. Comfy though.

That's true, the extra grip lets me get that last inch in her asshole

just don't stub your toe.

Mine are actually unbearable to be near once removed. I haven't worn them in 6 years and they still smell disgusting from up to 10 feet away. Socks are absolutely necessary every single time you wear them.

You motherfuckers with arches piss me off

My toes curl in a pretty noticeable half parabola shape to either side. Im guessing the toes on these werent made for people like me. #metoo

I wear them to run/exercise and sometimes when innawoods. If you're paying attention to where your feet are going it's really comfy. I keep them when camping to use as camp shoes or for when we're walking for a long time over decent terrain.

The downside is they look gay as shit and you look like a total hippy soi fag.

You can throw them in the washing machine.

utter meme, no application

Escalator and smell memes aside crocs are the patrician footwear choice.

Wash them, you chodes. It says on the packaging they're meant to be washed in a washing machine.

>socks
Who wears socks in neoprene shoes?

Attached: IMG_20180710_140312172.jpg (1518x854, 135K)

A small pice of glass or a serious thorn is going right through the bottom of these. Speaking from experience.

Keen has gone down hill in recent years. Their made in USA line was still pretty good but I recently got a pair and the soles delaminated within a year

grass and stones gets stuck between the toes. they're comfortable shoes but don't last long.

No, you need something to keep your ankles from rolling, you need thick soles to keep your feet from being punctured or from being destroyed on all of the rocks that you march with the 25+ KG on your back. Not speaking from experience, but kneeling doesn't look comfortable in that.

Attached: 1531202048698.jpg (183x370, 27K)

QUADS OF FUCKING REALITY DAMN NIGGA LOOK AT THOSE FEETS

Attached: 1528120687464.gif (478x298, 3.38M)

>you need something to keep your ankles from rolling

Attached: 345234324.jpg (761x576, 48K)

Didn't help. I washed them twice in a row once and the smell persisted.

Had a classmate in fire academy wear those vibrams for PT and got chewed out by the instructors because a dude 2 classes before us broke the shit out of his pinky toe when it caught on something and got pulled sideways. Military, cops and firefighters wear boots for a reason. Fuck up your feet or ankles and you’re out of the fight

Where does the calf fat end and the ankle fat begin?

I used to suck at running until I started running with vibram 5 fingers. Sweat builds up in them, so you need to dry them thoroughly after each run and also regularly wash them. After a while I didn't like the sweat/smell problem, so I switched to New Balance Minimus. The Minimus has a hard sole, which makes running on concrete painful after a while. I don't like Nike Free because they are not zero-drop. Zero heel-toe drop is important for natural foot-ankle-calf-knee-hip-back alignment. Now I use Altra Instinct 4 because it has zero-drop and adequate cushioning for running on concrete.

Baby powder that shit

Only for true operators.

Attached: 820527.jpg (440x279, 22K)

The Belleville Mini-Mil is AR 670-1 Compliant, and it's the only minimalist military boot I've found. It has a 2mm drop rather than 0mm though.

Attached: 0-650-tactical-research-tr105-mini-mil-coyote-brown.jpg?v=20230.jpg (650x650, 41K)

there is absolutely no benefit to having separate toes.

Ankle support isn't exactly necessary. From what I've seen and personal experience, it causes more harm than good.

pro
>You're more attuned to where you're stepping, stalking in vibrams is easier
>comfy
>lightweight making packing a second pair not a bitch
>Good in water, minimizes drag and water absorbed when fording

Con
>when you lose focus where you're stepping you get fucked up by shit, especially when fording water
>walking on concrete/ rock for miles significantly reduces your endurance
>expected military load is unnatural, resulting in unnatural walk and posture, defeating benefit of shoe
>temperature is felt through sole, standing on hot pavement or in snow quickly begins to suck.

I loved mine for chilling in the woods and pretending to be a hippy, but as a .milfag I would not use them under any circumstance, barring some sort of 72hr swamp operation.

They are meme shoes that dont last for shit, BUT, you will learn how to run properly in them.
I was a slightly overweight dude for most of my life and i tried jogging for years, got nothing but plantar butthurt and shin splints. I picked up a pair of these on a whim and you just cant run and land on your heel, you have to land on the balls of your feet. If you’re used to running the wrong way, it takes a while to build up your calf muscles, but its worth it in the end. Wear tape on your toes when you get blisters.
Anyway they only last a few months with heavy use, but then they can be used for good river/lake shoes so there’s that.

sweet jesus christ i laughed harder than i have in months

Is there an alternative that lasts longer or is more durable? From reading these posts, I get the idea that having your toes so exposed isn't the best idea.

Altra is a good brand for zero-drop shoes.