3.7–4.6 million built (all variants, depending on source)

>3.7–4.6 million built (all variants, depending on source)
where are they all now? they cant all be melted and turned into scraps, most of them are probably stockpiled in a lawless 3rd world shithole somewhere but where?

Attached: 1200px-Pistolet_maszynowy_STEN,_Muzeum_Orła_Białego.jpg (1200x599, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NCqdci9ZdUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some broke, some were destroyed, some were hidden, some were stockpiled, some were turned into kits

Mostly destroyed. Bulldozing a bunch of guns in a straight line is easier than getting your TV license

There was that one several years ago they found in the closet of some elderly British former WWII intelligence girl. I saw a legal one at a gun show in Minnesota for $7,000 recently, "transferable" with lots of spare mags and stuff.

Attached: stengrrl.jpg (700x988, 230K)

mostly dumped into the ocean

A lot of them were sent off to the colonies. You won't find it on wikipedia but they were in use by the New Zealand Air Force right up until the early 90's.

this. they were literally shit metal, either ran over with a dozer like another user said and then scrapped or dumped off a boat by the pallets

im sure a lot were also given to MI5 and SAS for their own "gifting" and whats not in the possession of insurgents currently are sitting in black warehouses locked up awaiting distribution to the next odessa or ukraine, whatever conflict may be. old weapons are greta for plausible deniability of support, since its possible they could have been procured from anywhere after ww2 as you pointed out

the metal was fine actually good steel from my experience....they were just meant to be expedient and disposable is all.

A lot of them are in Europe.

Some are rebuilt to Semi-auto

Some few are in the hands of collectors as FA

Most have bolts driven through the barrel and are rendered inoperable because they are so scary.

sorry i agree with you completely i meant to write sheet metal, that was either a brainfart or autocorrect that changed to "shit".

they are just stamped sheet metal rolled in a tube, so not too robust and easy to destroy or deform, unlike some sort of thick milled receiver like an SKS which is not as simple as "running it over with a car" and requires labor intensive cutting with torches

I want to make one! Look simple but I know the inside is probably not. Just look at the BAR

Attached: 1530794604831.png (1366x768, 614K)

Or even a 1911

Attached: 1530794653305.jpg (1920x1200, 298K)

Attached: 1530794459988.jpg (1920x1200, 1013K)

I guess you could just make gun itself like an 80% lower and buy all the parts to finish it but it wouldn't be as satisfying as making a whole gun from scratch. Low IQ is a curse!

Attached: 1530794500194.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

WHAT A GRAND AND INTOXICATING INNOCENCE.

Attached: .1897.gif (991x855, 146K)

>where are they all now?
Museums, movie studios warehouses (for example, Sten Mk. II is one of the most popular SMGs in old Eurocrime movies), collections (both deactivated and capable of fire), illegal gun market.
Some were lost during WWII.

some were also put to good use.

Attached: Wikipedia list supernova.png (920x736, 392K)

It's literally a big spring, big bolt with a fixed firing pin, and a single stage trigger sear to hold the bolt back until you take your finger off the trigger. Direct blowback open bolts surprisingly weren't the earliest of repeating firearm designs, but they sure as shit are the simplest. Even with an inturruptor to make them semi auto it's just one part to keep the bolt back. Legality is the only reason why you don't see more tec9 style open bolt designs for sub $90 that can rock and roll by simply removing a piece of the trigger group.

Sten semi auto closed bolt kits and custom production rifles exist, but are like a grand.

For a closed bolt subgun at a sub $300 pricetag the pps43 imports with Tac welded folding stocks are probably the best.

> you will never get a rough handjob from a hardworking q.t. british factory girl
Why even live

Attached: 1502472816574.png (500x500, 658K)

>pps43 sub $300
Fucking where? I've only seen those things for $500 and up.

you can still find parts kits for under a hundred bucks.

I built one a while back and the most expensive part was the new barrel.

the Finnish military was armed with them for a while for whatever reason, despite already being able to manufacture the KP-44

I've seen at least two in every military museum I've been in so I suspect a lot were turned into museum pieces.

But why. They could have just sold them to third worlders like OP implied, 4 million of them would have made a nice buck.

Don't worry, OP, we'll start cranking them out of our garages once Civil War 2 starts.

One report says a Sterling, the other says a Sten the Indian Army used both but I imagine bodyguards assigned to the president would be armed with better equipment than a Sten.

It's India, a pointy stick would probably be better equipment than whatever they usually issue

youtube.com/watch?v=NCqdci9ZdUY