How often do SOF guys actually use knives/blades

how often do SOF guys actually use knives/blades

Attached: 35425540_1737268836321676_8423659936772259840_n.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tribunist.com/news/report-army-ranger-gets-confirmed-kill-with-mre-spoon/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Almost daily, for the same reason normal people use knives.

As a weapon all of SOCOM as a whole probably only use them 2-3 times a year. Pic related is actually the ideal melee weapon

Attached: MRE Spoon.jpg (1000x888, 43K)

Good for murdering sleeping people I would guess.

Never. Stop being 15.

No
Garrote is of better

Attached: choose asbestos.jpg (1024x768, 153K)

Alexander Fedorovich has mentioned a rumor that the most popular knife among specops is a multitool. So, probably, you got the idea on which kind of a knife is really used most of the time and what for.
>Pic related is actually the ideal melee weapon
Not sharp and pointy enough. But for a meal it's perfect, better than russian MRE spoons.

Probably never unless they somehow get surprised around a corner, their rifle pushed down, and they're unable to draw their sidearm for some reason.

For cutting paracord, opening MRE items, and such, quite a lot.

So then Sicario lied to me? This scenario doesn't really go down where you need to sneak up on someone for a quick and silent kill at close range?

Attached: knife.png (629x579, 52K)

Not after mass production of effective and reliable suppressed weaponry. Back in the time of WWII this was a thing, but not anymore.

>Tfw all my MRE spoons broke
The only one i have left is the French RCIR folding spork

I may be entirely wrong, but I was always under the impression that operators are largely about efficiency, efficiency, efficiency (i.e. get the job done the quickest, easiest way possible).

Sneaking up on someone to knife them seems way too high risk for anyone who thinks that way. It seems to me that they're all about tipping the scales in their favor and only fighting winning battles. Like they'd more likely say "If the only option is to sneak up on someone with your knife, that's not an ideal combat situation and one you should be totally avoiding."

>how often do SOF guys actually use knives/blades
All the time.

As actual weapons? Uhhhhhhhh. Almost never? If you get into a knife fight your best bet is just to run, your gonna get cut up bad and die waiting for a the helicopter that takes 4 hours to get to you.

Are suppressed weapons even THAT quiet? We talk all the time around here about how bullshit the movie silencer turning a gunshot into a whisper is.

Subsonic ammo in areas with high ambient noise it's pretty good.
In most cases though stealth is used to close distance to the enemy but once the enemy is engaged it's more high speed shock and awe type stuff

>Are suppressed weapons even THAT quiet
Well, they're much more quiet than they were in the past. German suppressed EMP.35 was about as loud as a .22LR rifle, and german commanders thought that it was enough. Modern suppressed 9mm guns are much quieter.
I don't say that suppressor is 100% silent. But it helps.

t.mallninja

real life isn't video games

tribunist.com/news/report-army-ranger-gets-confirmed-kill-with-mre-spoon/

From what I've gathered they seem to like the easy to draw, intuitive punching/stabbing style of blades.

Attached: 176bk_agency_1000x310.jpg (1000x310, 25K)

I remember reading a thing from Vietnam where some former SEAL was telling people their favorite choice of knives for actually killing people was pieces of scrap steel sharpened on a grinder with a handle made of wrapped duct tape. They'd carry a bunch for stealth shanking gooks and not even worry about retaining them afterwards.

>SEAL trying to be cool lies about [thing]

checks out

almost never, unless they are seriously fucked

No that was British commandos during WW2 because the Fairbair Sykes they were issued was shit and kept breaking every time you would stab someone.

When it comes to Tier 1 guys and CQB, they're used more often than you would think. Mostly when someone grabs you or your gun and you don't want to be shooting in random directions as your team moves around the room. Hell, one of the kills on the Somali pirates during the Captain Phillips rescue was with a knife.

Attached: 1485057307662.jpg (1021x1600, 205K)

All the armchair commandos saying nobody uses a knife for fighting should remember that Dakota Meyer killed an Afghan with a rock and got the Medal of Honor.

Also that Gurkha killed one with the bipod from his MG

Wasn't there a somali pirate who got shanked by a soldier somewhat recently?

always cheat always win is the official motto.

You never want the odds to be balanced just to make 'cool' stuff.
That usually happens only when shtf and as a last resort I guess. If you can win easy you do.

A fucking Randall...nice

Never. That's why they carry 2 GUNS

Attached: 1529526721379.jpg (1402x1087, 76K)

Like how one guy doesn't even have a mask, just holding the filter in his mouth.

He's just a recruit, not even worth blurring his face. Probably failed anyways.

thats not, 3 were shot and 1 was arrested. These are easily verified facts

A good can on a .22 rifle using good subsonic ammo is in the 80db range. Which is roughly as loud as a phone's default ringtone and doesn't sound at all like a gunshot.

Using a specialty hyperquiet found such as cci quiet or using an abnormally long barrel can lower that even further.

I have never heard of a centerfire caliber getting under 115db tho, which is quite loud

LOL

Attached: images (5).jpg (194x259, 13K)

he didn't kill him he just hit him

You could google this you 14 y/o fucking twat good god leave now no gunz and don’t come back.

I don't know how often, but Ontario informed me that the Fairbairn-Sykes Knife is still in use.

Once in a while. Again, the major amount of tasks for a knife is the utility tasks. People can stab each other with utility knives pretty well (for example, age of puukkojunkkari in Funland), so why don't just issue soldiers with utility knives, like Mora Classic or Peltonen M95?

>2-3 times during their career
FTFY

I work with a guy who spent years in Vietnam in the special forces of a commonwealth country. We have talked about knife fighting a lot.
He has shot people from feet away, and talks about many very close quarter engagements but still he says he has never stabbed anyone that didn’t already have their hands tied.