Give me one reason not to build a real life bolter

Give me one reason not to build a real life bolter.

Attached: Fostech-origin-12sbv.gif (480x270, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_bleed)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket-assisted_projectile
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cJAXpyt8-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cJAXpyt8-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cJAXpyt8-oQ,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are none. Do it faggot.

your wrists

What you build won't be a bolter or anything close to it really, it'll just ("just") be a semi auto shotgun with a removable box magazine. For a bolter you'll need to create some .75 cal APHE gyrojet-with-expeller-charge ammo first.

Recoil. That, and gyrojet rounds are fucking expensive.

You have to go back to your containment zone

>gyrojet
>recoil

Attached: FUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg (513x335, 34K)

Do you need someone to explain physics to you?

>push out "rocket"
>recoil

WH40k isn't exactly a good reference for physics friendo. When in doubt, blame C.S. Goto and Matt Ward.

"no"
dumbass

*touches your face*

You can, but if you're using a traditional shotgun shell, you're either gonna have to:

>remove the powder and manufacture your own rocket slugs (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet)
>essentially make the shotgun shell a base bleed which doesn't have a whole lot of power behind it (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_bleed)

Attached: thump thump thump.gif (620x549, 1.95M)

If you didn't know, gyrojets are not zero recoil weapons. While some venting does occur, the projectile is still inside a pressure vessel and accelerating in relation to the weapon, imparting acceleration to the weapon. Go watch some slowmotion of gyrojets firing.

Attached: 1530746646490.jpg (540x539, 69K)

Base bleed's not the same as a rocket shell. It's not meant to propel the round forward, but just to improve the aerodynamics, reducing drag by filling the low pressure area behind the flat-tailed shell with gas. A true rocket is meant to accelerate, by throwing the generated gas out at high speed through a nozzle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket-assisted_projectile

>is still inside a pressure vessel
actually gyrojet is near recoil-less except that stupid hammer-delay-reload mechanism which causes it to jerk.

the heavier the gun the less recoil you have. big metal bricks have no recoil.

Sigh...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cJAXpyt8-oQ

Not really, once there is significant space in the barrel the expanding gasses kinda stack up at the vents, causeing a pressure spike in the barrel, it's more pronounced on rifles but it's still there.

It's got about as much recoil as a selfoading .22 so still negligable.

the vents are shaped to more than mitigate that minuscule force you are talking about think of them as a mega compensator.

not even that again gyrojet guns jerk not because of the gas or the projectile leaving they jerk because of the stupid heavy hammer mechanism. make it electric ignition and friction delayed and you got the least recoil a gun ever had.

Friction delayed?

yeah the gyrojet round is delayed to give it more persistent performance. in the original design the hammer that hit the nose delayed it with it's mass. you can instead use friction delay to arrest the projectile. well the reason for this was uneven initial ignition i guess more precise propellant burn rate and ignition mechanism could just use the projectiles mass as delay.

Can you ditch the stock without breaking your wrists?

Attached: 1459282845110.png (1800x1245, 1.26M)

Attached: 1403557733601.gif (1036x654, 182K)

Attached: FRAG-12_Grenade.jpg (400x352, 15K)

>recoil
>noticeable

youtube.com/watch?v=cJAXpyt8-oQ

Because WH40K is fucking retarded

is that a handgun?

You can take the stock off the SBV, but I'm not sure it's a good idea...

Attached: detail-60-dsc03126-1503043545464.jpg (720x480, 245K)

...or the stock was folded to the other side and I'm a moron.

>Base bleed's not the same as a rocket shell
That's what I meant. It has almost no thrust what so ever, but it does reduce a lot of the drag. However, as demonstrated with youtube.com/watch?v=cJAXpyt8-oQ, gyrojets are very finky and can become very inaccurate if they are not designed correctly.

Attached: 4327705706_857aa28b68.jpg (500x354, 65K)

i mean according to ATF, is that considered a SBS or a handgun if you remove the stock completely?

Quite possibly an AOW.

That's my guess, smoothbore handguns are a no-no so unless the origin is rifled it would probably need to remain a "firearm" (which has oal requirements) or an AOW.