Anyone ever bought a gun from another person? Did they let you shoot it...

Anyone ever bought a gun from another person? Did they let you shoot it? I wanna buy a semi auto or full auto (not US) but try it first.

Attached: 1453640940450.webm (1280x720, 995K)

>did you ever buy a gun from another person
That's usually how trade and commerce works.

I mean from an individual seller and not a gun store

Seriously though, I think the best you could do would be to try the same make elsewhere if you can. I've always done that.

Yes. In a parking lot from a guy online. I chambered a round to check and looked it over for about a minute. No idea what to even look for. Paid him and left.

Worked flawlessly so far.

Do you want to try it to make sure it functions or try it to see if you want it? If it's a function test then I would meet you at a range and let you see it work, if you just want to finger fuck it and are not sure if you are buying it then I wouldn't waste my time

Nope. I've dry fired them and field stripped them once we meet, but I just cant be assed to meet at a range or something and shoot it. For what it's worth I've never bought a gun from another person that has ftf or fte (except when expected).
It's probably reasonable to ask to shoot them, unless they're super rare or some antique.

Where do you live? Fucking Serbia? Where can you just buy a full retard gun from another person?

From the seller's point of view, I don't want you to just fire it and then decide not to buy it. But if you've already made up your mind to buy, why bother test firing it. It's a catch 22.

Pretty much.

And that means you have no idea what kind of accuracy it has. I've never seen (except online forum sales occasionally) people post groups and data. And since most shooters don't sandbag and try multiple ammo types. You're going in blind. Best you can hope for is a shiny bore. They might post a pic of that.

I traded for this Draco. All we did was meet in the parking lot of a gun store, inspect each others weapons and then parted ways. I just checked the gun for issues, deformation of the bolt, ensured the trigger reset, etc. Outside of that, no i didn't shoot it.

Attached: fullsizeoutput_a3e.jpg (1827x2436, 1.2M)

to make sure it functions? unless its brand new, a few rounds won't kill it and it gives the buyer some assurances. That being said, I've never heard of anyone meeting at a range to privately sell guns

Not at all unusual in the U.S.. Been involved in more than a few transactions were the seller and the buyer were making sure the offered item worked as advertised.

that was kinda foolish.
1. I would not want the dude to chamber a live round in the gun Im selling him
2. You should have done some research to know what to look for in the gun you were getting

Attached: fullsizeoutput_b5e.jpg (3024x4032, 2.21M)

>go to buy a gun
>ask for a test shot
>shoot the seller

Attached: 1487918725057.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

bought a Bulgarian parts kit AK74 on a nodak spud from another pa/k/ommando
if ur reading this the rifle is great and thank you

>I don't want you to just fire it and then decide not to buy it
Seems like a shitty policy. I wouldn't want to buy a used car I couldn't test drive.

What are full auto guns even good for? Newfag question

Everything semi-auto guns are good for.

What's the difference? Why are they banned? So you don't spray on a crowd? Can't you do the same with any gun just slower?

Attached: 1429904286107.png (646x720, 27K)

No, I mean where the fuck can you just buy a full auto from some random person on the street

>What's the difference?
Not much

>Why are they banned?
Because some faggot named Hughes added a clause closing the machine gun registry to the Firearms Owners Protection Act as a "poison pill", an attempt to make pro-gun congressmen vote against it. Overall, FOPA is great from a pro-gun perspective, just that one clause that sucks. Worst part is that when voting on adding that clause, it was defeated. But somehow they "forgot" to take it out when passing the whole bill. Supreme Court even shot down a challenge to it stating that the Constitution doesn't specify how exactly laws get passed, so it is not unconstitutional just because it was unfairly passed.

>Can't you do the same with any gun just slower?
Just as fast actually. Look up bump firing. Look up shoe lace machine guns.

The first gun I bought that wasn't online or from a store was my brother-in-law's 10/22. I'd shot it a bunch before I bought it.