Whats the point

even in concept it seems like at great way to seriously jam your rifle

Attached: BCM Forward Assist Assembly-2.jpg (500x443, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N60tjBa6OCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait, so the 'P' in SPORT doesnt mean for me to point and that I am to do something with that?

>Slap
>Point
>Observe
>Rack
>Trigger

Fuck off no guns.

I don't think you truly understand the concept. I also don't think you've ever truly needed to use one.

There's no mandate that says you must have one.

What's your point?

Read the history of that piece of metal.
It was major ass covering for a problem that was either a sabotage or catastrophic oversight of the brass.

It prevents the necessity to clear your rifle in the case your rifle fails to put a round into battery. It also allows you to put the weapon into battery quietly if the need arises. It doesn’t cause malfunctions. You are retarded.

It's really not.

SPORTS is a thing and it works. Peoe who actually fire their rifles have used it at least once.

Criticism of the Forward Assist is one of the easiest cues on the internet to know when you're dealing with a civilian.

If you should get water in the barrel you pull the bolt back a bit to break the seal and then use the forward assist to ensure the bolt is fulling seated again.

please no one needs a forward assist

Makes a minor stoppage, Major.

it poke poke when stuky stuky

"Oh that round is deformed. I shall remove it and offer another "
(USAF solution 1965)

"Oh that round is deformed. I shall hammer it in and hope it goes bang"
(US Army solution 1965)

How the fuck else are you supposed to get a round in the chamber?

Attached: charging handle.jpg (2030x1114, 342K)

I have never in my life needed to use the forward assist, but I shoot quality ammo out of clean rifles in near-ideal conditions
Then again, it has never caused me a problem as far as I can tell

My not-expert opinion is that it is mostly superfluous, but not detrimental

>needs
SHALL

>defending retarded military practices
I bet you clean your gun with CLP and ready your rifle nose to charging handle too lmao.

even video game devs understand these things are useless and should be removed

>this mud covered shit quality ammo won't chamber
>better smash it in anyway

The FA is 100% useless. If you insist on forcing a stuck round in, you're retarded. If you want to silently chamber a round, there's a cutout on the bolt carrier for this exact reason.

>Not knowing the rifles that the army are using are old as fuck, and old rifles tend to malfunction slighty due to old springs.
Why the fuck do you care what other people do to their rifles?

Attached: 1530979013175.png (372x351, 117K)

>left handed
>mfw

Attached: 1524121200474.gif (320x240, 1.11M)

One of these days, i'm going to make a custom bolt carrier with a cable mounted to the side and a charging handle that takes the place of the forward assist so you can pull it like a lawnmower cord to charge the rifle.

shame I just sold my PTAC

Except those game devs thought it was the charging handle

Use the cutout on the bolt carrier then.

I wish my cz scorpion had forward assist. It can't go into battery without dropping the bolt hard. If you ride the charging handle forward at all the extractor fails to snap over the rim of the cartridge and it won't go into battery. There is no way to chamber a round quietly.

>Firing magazine after magazine
>Bolt doesn't go into battery
>LOL JUST USE CUTOUT ON BOLT YOU FAG
Next you're going to say everytime someone goes shooting they should always wear gloves.

>If you ride the charging handle forward
You're not supposed to do that.

Are you sure that cutout isn’t there to clear a space for the dust cover detent?

>hating the forward assist, an innocuous feature that offers a bit of utility if needed, and doesnt interfere with anything or cause problems in literally any way whatsoever

Faggot retard tier opinion. Flush yourself down the fucking toilet if you think this. Dont like it dont use it, but dont hate on it. It has its occasional moments and isnt hurting anyone.

Attached: 1520351864667.jpg (1080x1024, 33K)

you dumb. it literally does nothing and interferes with nothing, until you need it. and then it saves your ass.

To silently load a round on the PSG-1

I know. Unless for instance you want to load a round quietly. Like if you had to change mags and an enemy is nearby. I would like the option to bring the bolt forward slowly and then press on the forward assist so the extractor gently clicks of the rim of the cartridge and the bolt goes into battery. But with the scorpion the only option is to drop the bolt from the rearward position which is quite loud.

Of course you aren't supposed to.ride the charging handle forward normally. I never said anybody should.

Wait, you don't?

Hearty kek

I would be willing to bet actual money that you own an M&P15 sport.

I have only ever heard m&p owners say this.

People always say it causes jams but never in my fucking life have I ever seen any evidence to back this up.

Ask me how i know youve never used your rifle outside of a relativley clean range environment

yeah because you're slaying terrorists every weekend

>KARL ON INRANGE SAID SO AND HE KNOWS EVERYTHIN!!1

Hey just because its not useful to me specifically, doesnt mean its a retarded/useless feature

no one needs a forward assist. please someone think of the children

Attached: 1485320402705.jpg (391x278, 19K)

post link to video, i want to be mad about ignorant weapons "experts"

youtube.com/watch?v=N60tjBa6OCc

>makes malfunctions worse
christ who listens to this guy about anything

FA is useful when you ride the bolt forward more often than if the round was malformed. What sort of cheap, 3rd-world, Chinese crap ammo are you stuffing into your rifle?

>muh been in the military means I'm a webbins eggsburt
the most clueless shooters I've ever met have been former mil. just because you got shouted at by a pissed off faggot for 3 months and got handed an M16A2 once a year to shoot 50 rounds at a silhouette doesn't mean you know jack fucking shit about guns.

Or if a mag has a slightly bent lip that keeps the top rounds in place so they need a nudge. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this shit out but Jow Forums struggles, as usual.

Attached: baitesrb.png (603x222, 26K)

easily impressionable noguns and povertyfags who got a bargain bin AR

I don't have time to find the video for you right now, but I do remember one video where Karl and Ian are discussing the forward assist, and one of them said that he heard a story about somebody blowing up their rifle because they were leaning against the wall while shooting, the forward assist braced itself against the wall and then when he pulled the trigger, the gun exploded. So fucking stupid

Ive had this happen with some old GI mags where it feeds sluggishly and every few rounds that i was using that mag i would have to nudge it in. If i tried to pull the bolt back the next round would try to feed and now i have a double feed.

The only other solution was to drop the mag and then cycle the bolt but the FA made it easier. I threw the mag out, but i could imagine the very real possibility of a guy getting issued a fucked mag and having to do the same.

This is bullshit. We were issued AR10s in my old sniper squad and it was common practice to push the FR to keep the bolt locked to conserve the gasses and gain a few FPS to gain just a few yards of range, but you had to manually cycle it. It was also really useful for reall6 quiet shots where the bolt moving would give away your position. Mostly it was just used in areas with a high underground density that made the gravity have a bit more gravity.

>sport
pfft, more like
>TAP
>RACK
>BANG

Attached: 1522557218424.jpg (1000x1363, 328K)

>hurrdurr this story is soooo real

Attached: 0BqRZth.jpg (335x363, 16K)

Your original arguement for the bolt not going into battery is people are using old and busted military rifles. Now suddenly gloves aren't a thing.

I hate having to explain the forward assist to customers

every time one of them asks about it and I tell them the point of it you can visually see that they cannot comprehend what you just told them

I would gladly take your money. I have a home build that has never failed to go into battery.
But please do go on and deflect about how home builds are shit and etc.

>a cutout on the bolt carrier
Anyone advocating the use of the scallop cut to push a BCG into battery needs to be chemically castrated so as to nullify the risk of spreading their retardation on.

Forgotten and Karl from Inrange deleted the forward assists from thier WWSD rifles. They call them malfunction inducers. Engene stoner, designer of the AR 10/15 was agianst the idea and believed it was not needed

It was only adopted because the Army made adding one a prerequisite for widespread adoption. It is just like the recent army pistols. Glock has never added a manual thumb safety to a handgun before because they are not needed on striker fired pistols. But to get a potential contract from the millitary, Both SIG and Glock added this antiquated feature. The forward assist is exactly the same thing, narrow minded desk generals mandating features over the wishes of the designers

>fingerfuck the magwell
>prom night that rifle

Attached: forward assist.webm (740x416, 2.9M)

>Next you're going to say everytime someone goes shooting they should always wear gloves.
It's almost mandatory with an AK.

Oh do you want me to list all reasons the bolt doesn't go into battery?
>Dirty gun
>Old gun
>Shit ammo
>Gas system is tuned
>the user is a retard
Also who the fuck wears gloves when shooting other than operators and larping faggots. And you never answered my question, why do you care what other people do to their rifles?
I thought wood was the least conductive to heat? Do you have a foregrip?

Attached: 1530860752399.jpg (1024x731, 89K)

But i shoot with gloves when its cold out

>what the fuck kind of pansy ass shit is that
>you're not even up to your first knuckle
>I hope to christ you date managed to get off with you
T-thanks gunny

Hard to resist that hk slap, but yeah.

Eugene Stoner’s rifle is better than Eugene Stonee personally would have made it, at this point. And the WWSD project rifle was a... *puts on glasses*... laughing stock.

I am retarded. I am sorry, i forgot about the Jow Forumsold weather Jow Forumsommandos

>Do you have a foregrip?
No. If you keep your hands on the cover it's fine, but since there's no actual finger stop, it's really easy to have your thumb shift a little and touch the front bit that holds the top guard and burn yourself.

Ah well, that sucks you ever think about putting that tape that you always see in pictures of ukraine?

Not that guy, have mp 15 sport and wish it had forward assist

The bcg stays relatively cool on piston guns. I've seen videos where guys mag dump and then pull the bcg out to prove how cool it stays compared to DI guns.

But yeah good luck doing that on a DI gun after a couple mags.

It can if you have a FTE.
If you have a FTE and you need to mortar
I hope to fuck you didn't slap this button
(personal experience)

kek

I had to use it once yesterday when my buffer decided to be a little bitch

shut the fuck up reactionary

But that's less effective than using the forward assist which is on 90% of these guns anyway.