Hello Jow Forums, help me out. I want to buy a rifle for under $700. That includes both the gun, half a dozen magazines...

Hello Jow Forums, help me out. I want to buy a rifle for under $700. That includes both the gun, half a dozen magazines, and any necessary accessories, like a sling if it doesn't come with it or a cleaning kit, you know, the essentials.

I want to get something semi-automatic. I'd prefer either an AK, a FAL (way out of this price range unless I get lucky on Gunbroker), a G3, or something else that is "interesting."

What I mean is that my family owns 2 AR-15's already, alongside a Mini-14 and a few other cool guns.

I want to get something different, yet reliable and practical.

I'd even be open to buying something like an Uzi.

Can you lads help me out? I just became an adult and want to buy my first rifle.

Attached: dale.jpg (160x160, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mrgundealer.com/rifles/semi-automatic-rifles/century-arms-gp-wasr-10-ri1805n-ak-47-wasr-10-ak47-cia-ri1805-n-10476710
palmettostatearmory.com/blemished-psak-47-gb2-classic-forged-side-folder-polymer-rifle-no-cleaning-rod-black-5165448564b.html
palmettostatearmory.com/seven-7-magpul-pmag-30-ak-akm-moe-7-62x39-magazines-psa-36-single-gun-case-black.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I just became an adult
No you didn't

WASR-10 with about $100 to spare for the mags, sling, and ammo.

WASR from Atlantic is $699.99 + shipping + FFL. And that only comes with one mag, no sling. We already have 7.62x39 / 30 Russian so I don't have to worry about buying bullets yet

I used Wikiarms to find some place selling them for $600: mrgundealer.com/rifles/semi-automatic-rifles/century-arms-gp-wasr-10-ri1805n-ak-47-wasr-10-ak47-cia-ri1805-n-10476710

Get a 10/22 you fucking sperg.

Obligatory "AR15 is best value"
What sort of engagement range? Calibre preference?

We already own plenty of 22's.

We already have two AR-15's.

I don't care what the caliber is as long as it's something new and reliable for the family collection.

It's $650 after shipping + FFL fee. Might pick this up. Going to keep looking atm

I'd save up, something that fits your criteria is gonna be more than $700 unless you wanna get a pistol caliber carbine.

user why are you trying to buy some special snowflake gun your dad doesn’t already own with your highschool graduation money? Are you just bored of shooting his shit and want something unique? If so go rent something from a range and save your cash to move out or something.

SKS SKS SKS SKS SKS SKS SKS

>a rifle for under $700. That includes both the gun, half a dozen magazines, and any necessary accessories, like a sling
unless its an ar or some type of 22 this is not possible
realistically 6 mags on their own is $200 for anything thats not taking standard ar or ak mags.
the normal price for a oem factory mag is roughly $30

You should just about be able to get a PSA AR-10 for that if you shop for a good sale.
Looking at their site, right now you could spend $530 for the gun (Daily Deal upper for $350, plus complete lower for $180), but the remaining $170 gets you your mags ($120 at $20/each) and maybe a sling, but leaves nothing for extras like rear sight/optic, nor for FFL fees.
You wait to catch it on sale, you should be able to do a little better.

Steel AK mags can still be had in the $15 range. Really, an SKS is a better choice if he absolutely can't go above $700 for everything, but it doesn't have detachable magazines except for some of the Norincos that are about as expensive as the WASR anyway.

This only makes the most sense, minus the extra mags part. Unless you get lucky and find an SKS-D or -M, no idea what they go for these days, but the way regular SKSen have gone up those are probably at or beyond your budget

Otherwise, Idunno, maybe a Century C308 if you're willing to roll those dice. 4 years ago you'd have had a lot more options with that budget.

A gun that meets all your criteria except Semi-auto is the Spanish FR-8, which are uncommon but not expensive if you can find one, I personally think they're neat and would like to add one to my collection

Since you mentioned the Uzi, maybe you're open to pistol caliber carbines? Like a Beretta CX4 or that new Ruger one

You gotta pay to be weird these days, the AR has reigned supreme the past 3 years or so

You're asking for too much on too low of a budget, you can get an iffy piece of shit from an auction site, or you can increase the budget by about $200, or you can lower your standards.

Most AK's are going to run you at least $600 at the very minimum. You don't want an AR-15. Battle Rifles are going to be at least $1000. Do you want a HiPoint 995 chambered in 9mm?

Attached: 995TS CX4 Stock.png (631x361, 412K)

Why not just save more money and buy what you really want and not limit yourself to $700? That would be the adult thing to do.

PSA has an AK for $600,mine's been great, but I hear people here complain about them. Buy a couple of boxes of tula, and it should be about $800 after tax. At any rate, don't buy an IO or a century arms AK (RAS47 or whatever), you could always check the /akg/ pastebin for brand names.
palmettostatearmory.com/blemished-psak-47-gb2-classic-forged-side-folder-polymer-rifle-no-cleaning-rod-black-5165448564b.html
Magazines: palmettostatearmory.com/seven-7-magpul-pmag-30-ak-akm-moe-7-62x39-magazines-psa-36-single-gun-case-black.html

lee enfield, cheap sling, no sights but iron, buy clips and .303

HIPOINT 10MM CARBINE

I read that in dale's voice.
Either be willing to pay more for an AK, or get an SKS.

Or a Hi Point Carbine.

Ruger 10/22. There's models that come with a sling. You can get it with your 6 mags and a nice optic for under $500 total, and ammo is cheap enough for you to shoot every weekend, or every day if you wanted.

If you were to purchase an inexpensive rifle chambered in .223 then shooting a thousand rounds would cost several hundred dollars. A thousand rounds of .22 is around $50

Read the thread

For your price range a G3 or FAL is way out of your price range. An SKS is probably your best bet. They're pretty easy to modify to accept duck bill mags. Your still looking at close to 800+ bucks.

hunt for your own deals faggot