WASR 10's

Did there used to be some kind of stigma with these things? I've seen videos of it questioning whether it actually sucks or not, but all I've ever heard on here and in general is that it's the best bang for your buck as far as a first AK goes. So what's the reason for it getting hate, I guess?

Attached: wasr10.jpg (1920x1080, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/romanian-uf-stock-set-detail.html?Itemid=0
atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-licensee-sell-firearm-nonlicensee-who-resident-another-state
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WASR 10s are good to go, the WASR 10/63's were extremely hit or miss pieces of shit.
I cant remember if it was 2009 or 2013 that WASR 10's took a quality hit but its no longer an issue as long as you get one made past 2013.
It's the best AKM pattern (non-yugo) AK you can buy for sub-$600.

I meant to add that WASR 10/63 is pretty much the first gen WASR 10, they just dropped the "/63" from the name.
so tl;dr old wasr's were good, then bad, now good again

They were considered shit-tier when Saigas and Veprs were still readily available. Now those are gone, and Century has stepped up their quality when it comes to "desporterizing" them. They used to be notorious for having wobbly magazines and canted sights.

They're better than any other AK in that price range, including Yugos.

it was shit tier when better options were available. now all those better guns are gone and its the best option by default because its not made in america.

So why the fuck did all the AKs disappear?

...are you living under a fucking rock? Sanctions against motherfucking Russia.

This is incorrect. Early inported wasrs were called wasr-10's, they were single stack AK's built from old parts kits and came with a ten round mag. These were the very hit or miss rifles, suffering from canted sights and gas blocks, crooked rivets, and gas pistons welded to the bolt carrier. Later century started importing the 10/63 and enlarging the magwell for double stack mags. These were better quality than the original 10's but some still had issues with canted sights and excessive mag wobble. It didn't help that century was building their own shitty version called the gp1975, which most people mistook as also being 10/63's Most these issues were fixed by 2010. In 2014 century started importing the new production wasr-10. These are built with all new parts instead of surplus like the original wasr-10 and wasr-10/63.

*2013, not 2014 for new wasr-10's

Picked mine up for $340.

Everything looks structurally sound, mag wobble is min. (Magpul AK mags), accurate as hell and with a custom 3lbs trigger.

Attached: IMG_20180708_133522.jpg (2560x1440, 1.34M)

BTW, receiver is stamped 1973, WASR 10/63.

Don't you mean the front trunnion?

>WASR 10s are good to go, the WASR 10/63's were extremely hit or miss pieces of shit.
well that's kind of extreme. there were two small issues for a short time. canted sights and mag wobble.

Yup, i'm new to AKs, forgive me.

Thats funny. I was just thinking about this. My first rifle I bought for myself was a WASR. I just wanted an AK and could've got an Arsenal or something but at the time I didn't see any real boons that the latter had over the WASR. My only real complaint was the lack of bayonet lug and magwell dimples for looks.
I think their status with the AK community rose when the US AK market shit the bed with sanctions, local made AKs being mediocre at best and with Arsenal ceasing production on their stamped rifles.

Attached: AKs.jpg (3527x2645, 1.92M)

Some wasrs do have a bayonet lug

Mine had fine sights, ok mag wobble and breddy gud accuracy.
Threads were milled off the muzzel and it had some half assed tac weld held on slant brake that launched itself off.
Luckily the remaining barrel was just right to thread to 1/2x28 and you can get an extended slant in that size to fix it

Yeah, I've heard. Mine doesn't but its just a minor issue for me anyway.

I like mag wobble. Makes reloading easier. As long as I can crank on it in all directions and it doesn't drop, the looser the better.

Never understood why people use this as a hit against a certain gun. Canted sights? I get it, but if it zero's, what the fuck? Canted gas block, OK, but are you running an Ultimak tube and your sight won't zero? If so then what the fuck? Shit finish? A can of appliance epoxy and an afternoon will fix that.

I think WASRs are one of the most durable AKs out there. As soon as people look over the eastern bloc cosmetic flaws and actually shoot their gun, they will see. Here's a quality rifle.

Attached: WASRfuckyea.jpg (540x960, 172K)

Remove trash from rifle.

But mag wobble ruins muh stealth.

It's an AK. If you need it, fuck stealth.

>It's the best AKM pattern (non-yugo) AK you can buy for sub-$600.
user...

Attached: Capture.jpg (613x255, 48K)

Look on other sites and you'll find them for better prices. Big shops mark up quite a bit.

>look at all these other websites for sub-$600
>but I ain't gonna give you any links
>because I'm full of shit

This is what you are saying.

People were spoiled by norincos, Bulgarian arsenals and saigas. The wasr was the redheaded stepchild of the Ak golden age. Canted sights, poorly cut magwells and overall subpar finish compared to the aforementioned rifles. Now its one of the only imported true AK left, they work, and work well.

Attached: 20180709_121233.jpg (1566x4032, 3.52M)

This and any wasr 10 deals for any califags ?

War. Ukraine needs their shit, Bulgaria is filling military contracts, so is Romania. Poland stopped military AK production. They make way more money much more easily fulfilling military contracts.

You need a donkey dong on that bad boy.

Yes I do, next paycheck I will order one.

>import sanctions
>conflicts in the ukraine
>companies are switching to military contracts instead of civilian sales

Sar-1s came out before wasr10 yeah?

Where can you order reverse donkey dongs?

atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/romanian-uf-stock-set-detail.html?Itemid=0

OP here. Thanks for all the input, Anons. I now have a second question: I'm pretty sure I've heard this is true, but for validation, can I order an AK to an FFL in a different state and pick it up there? I'm a Florida-cuck and can't get an AK for a few years unless I build it, and I'm not up for that. I already have a couple rifles from private transfers but I'm sick of my AR, and I love my PTR but I'd like an AK too, so I'm seriously considering getting a WASR 10. Thoughts?

>can I order an AK to an FFL in a different state and pick it up there?
no

somehow I don't believe you

had to post this shit yesterday for some other florida fuck who didnt belive it.
atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-licensee-sell-firearm-nonlicensee-who-resident-another-state
> a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the State where the licensee’s business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with State law in the State where the licensee is located and in the State where the purchaser resides.
which means if florida says no guns for those under 21 you cant legally buy a gun at any ffl in america. the only way out is moving states or evolving from floridaboy into floridaman.
note that private sales across state lines are also illegal.
sucks to be you.

You absolutely cannot LEGALLY buy a firearm in a state you dont reside in. The important part is capitalized

How are the Palmetto State Armory blemished AKs? Special is $499

Get a saiga instead

Yes you can. A rifle or shotgun. Handgun, you must be a resident. Stupid laws.

>buying from a company that consistently makes blemished products.

>not buying their daily deals
>not buying 100 rounds of 168gr Federal Gold Medal Match and 5 308 pmags yesterday for $109
>not buying 300 rounds of M193 and 10 PMAGs last week for $169

Attached: my-jimmies-are-rustled_o_843167.jpg (599x816, 139K)

Pictures of kommando's ak with this furniture anyone ?

THE FIREARM IN QUESTION IS A FUCKING RIFLE YOU SHITHEAD RETARD PAY FUCKING ATTENTION TO THE ENTIRE THREAD

Well is it cosmetic, or is it functional errors?

deport_rick_scott_to_mexico.exe

Just buy a wasr damnit.

Attached: 1small.jpg (987x914, 247K)

WASRs are ok (not great), WASR owners are neither ok nor great.

damn, I thought my $375 was a good deal, mines marked 1974

Attached: wasr1.png (417x788, 627K)

Best I found after weeks of looking was $639. Prepper gun shop

Cosmetic and from what I've read more often than not it is something really silly as in a tiny scratch on the inside of a receiver/trun

Well its that or a pistol at this point
>tfw p2000 near me for $500 and an Ak for $500
>tfw have a taurus pistol and an AR already

Really just growing the collection to sow at this point i guess

>tacticool polymer rail furniture
>mall ninja operator paint job
>that fucking buttstock
>fagpul polymer mags also larperator painted
Jesus christ get the the fuck out of here

*grow not sow

>WASR owners are neither ok nor great
You bought an RAS47 and confused everyone calling you a faggot and telling you should have bought a WASR with WASR owner, didn't you.

Canted sights used to be the biggest problem you would find with AKs and WASR 10's had a lot of that going on.

Then Century started building AKs and the quality standards tanked. People are proud of their AKs if they don't shit the bed within 200 rounds or detonate from headspacing issues these days.

Attached: chopper.jpg (1500x677, 434K)

I sold my WASR because it was such a huge shitheap and I only paid $300 for it back when. The quality hasn’t improved.

Save your pennies and buy something better. The yugos used to be the best bang for the buck but unfortunately have dried up.

2008-2009 was the WASRs lowest point. Mostly due to Obama becoming President they tried to crank them out as fast they could.

Yeah. I got my sar 1 in 2003. It had a canted front right but I fixed it pretty easily. Rest of the gun has been rock solid thru thousands of rounds

The problem is that you're paying $700 for a rifle with those issues.

Supply and demand. Either you buy an AK made from good quality parts but needs some tweaking externally or you buy a shitty US made rifle that looks great outside but will grenade itself in a few thousand rounds.

Unless you are friends/family of a decent AK builder you are not going to get a well built AK for cheap anymore.

I did and it was fine

I got one last Christmas and I absolutely love it. Gonna use it innawoods

Attached: 1389469566409.jpg (3264x2448, 2.24M)

Attached: 1442292992314.jpg (1163x1385, 356K)