Back from first afghan adventure

Did the military change who you are are? I’ve been in for 1.5 years and just got back from deployment, my family, girlfriend and everyone says I’ve changed and become a massive dick. I feel outcasted as my girlfriend constantly keeps saying you shouldn’t let your job change who you are but she doesn’t understand when you’re surrounded by certain people who talk, act, expect etc etc everything differently for months and months 24/7 that it changes you. She keeps comparing it to her day job and it’s pissing me off. I’m having trouble coping with coming back because everything is just so different. I mean, I don’t notice myself a different person. I’m having trouble sleeping next to my girlfriend every night and just tolerating bullshit conversations about her life along with the rest of my family. Is this his coming back from deployment feels like? It’s been a couple weeks.

Attached: 17AECDCD-3E06-4349-B989-B28BE64406A5.jpg (1000x541, 171K)

you have to be gentle with civilians, user. women don't understand responsibility until they have babies.

you’re surrounded by shitty people. your girlfriend sucks and you should dump
her. hang around better people and you’ll have a better life. get rid of toxic people from your life. it seems hard when it fact it is simple. remember what rocky said:

>you hang around coconut people you end up with coconut friends

Attached: 7FAD052A-1E20-4A95-82BA-7D72333679B5.jpg (800x400, 71K)

You left as a kid and came back a man. Gonna need your own space now. I suggest long walks in solitary wildernesses. Have you considered the canyon country of southwestern Utah?

Its called growing up user.

War changes everyone. My wife said I was different after I came back too.
I had no chill, and i spent months analyzing things on the road, looking for IED’s on the interstates, and always doing a walk around of my vehicle.

I eventually relaxed. It takes time.

>tfw neverserved and still do shit like this constantly

Attached: 9413C577-5FBF-47B3-A159-86FE0B47A314.jpg (750x1291, 483K)

you had a unique experience that did change you in ways you don't even realize yet. thats okay. try not to get to frustrated with people. take care of yourself and dont be self destructive and things will work out okay.

Attached: 1528157337678.jpg (960x720, 105K)

So you have a lower tolerance for bullshit
Spend some time on your own, go for like a week long camping excursion or something. Sit, think about things, and when you come back, if your girlfriend is still intolerable, dump her and find someone who likes you for you

I mean, they’re not bad people at all they just don’t understand this from me. Ive been with my girl for 4 years and we basically grew up together so she knows me better than even my mother. What pisses me off more is she compared me to her Air Force brother who’s an aviation tech with no hazard duty deployment. Says he came back a gentleman ( after his first duty station lol ) and even better person while I’m starting to become a douchebag/asshole/jerk. She started crying and shit about it. Are my jokes and verbiage really that fucked? Fuck man.

Your girl was fucking other dudes time to dump her.

Attached: A4815D65-F8F1-4C75-83C5-BE309DBC1944.png (1242x2208, 1.02M)

Sounds like you grew up a little OP, went home and found out your some of your friends are shitty people; to include your girlfriend.

It’s not uncommon and I know a lot of guys who feel that way. I wouldn’t say it’s a given either- 6 deployments later and nobody’s ever remarked about how changed I am and I still like most of my old friends.

Give it a little time and see how you adjust. You may just need to accept that you need to make new friends because you’ve outgrown your old ones.

Attached: 1E569C16-7889-46EF-A756-E2379005D36E.jpg (640x480, 82K)

>Are my jokes and verbiage really that fucked? Fuck man.
Probably, you’ve got to filter that shit a little bit. That being said, she’s also probably a little over sensitive. What’d you say/do anyway?

He came back from the military, not the bottom of the Grand Canyon

I dunno mang.
I went to Iraq and A-stan and came back the same old me.
Not saying "same old me" is a sweetheart, but no real 'change'.

When I'm home, I'm home. I don't get snared into BS and unless you are married; it doesn't matter what your GF days. GFs come and go.

I just find humor and fun while I can. I choot my guns, play my vidya, listen to my records and read my books.

I am long out but my first deployment was all gung ho kinda at first, but after that it was just a job.

"Civvies" never bothered me. I never cared how they saw the world or their opinions on war. I figure, if they wanted to fight; they would have. They elected not to do so, and that's fine too.

Some people wanna act like they been to the edge on a single combat tour and others wanna act like it was some weighty burden. No. It was a job you signed up for.

It's like punching your V card. It's not a life altering event. You are still you. You just doodled some chick. That's all.

Caveat: I am just a naturally laidback guy.

I changed quite a bit in the military. Overall, I think it was for the better. I learned a lot of skills and life lessons that I might not have if I hadn't joined. I say this because a lot of people I knew back in high school still can't seem to get their shit together.

If people are telling you that you've become a dick, don't just blow them off though. I was told that a few times myself, and that's not the kind of person I want to be. Just remind yourself to cool down and think about what you say before you say it. Also, it might be better to take a break from your girlfriend if she's stressing you out. You need time to unwind after deployment without someone constantly nagging you.

So did Clarke.
But f'real doe, time immersed in nature has historically proved restorative for vets. Doesn't have to be alone either.

Here's the thing, are they saying you're acting like a dick because you walk around in your boots wearing 511's. Do you constantly dip now? Are you saying the word "civilian" every time you talk about something? Did you get a patriotic tattoo even though soldiers are almost never leaving the FOB these days?

because if so, you might be acting like a boot dick.

>Is this his coming back from deployment feels like?

a) Yes
b) Its permanent
c)You made a mistake. so did I
d)Realise this and try and become human again. Nothing good about killing people and being a bitter wired cunt forever.

I came back from Iraq with a lot less patience. I've also become a dick as well, in the sense of calling people out when they do dumb shit.

Heading back out there soon, can't wait to see how i change from this next one

I’ve been around people have served OP and they’re attitude changed. More serious, maybe more uptight rather than grown up like most have said already and maybe thats why your friends and family say you’ve changed. Eventually the people I know who’ve served went back to their same old ways and you might too as long as you don’t have a holier than thou attitude because no one’s special except for me.

you need to decompress my man, take a nice 3 cases of beer and go for a camping trip for a week, then do one every weekend until you feel more at ease. Alone or with a dog. Don't bring anyone who you have to see daily, or that doesn't appear to understand your mindset, you are not a civilian you are literally a warrior coming back from a deployment without any way to turn off warrior mode when you have done it for so long.

The brits have stopover decompression (last i checked) you got dumped from service to the normal world in less than 3 days to unwind and get out of high gear.

You need to come back to the reality of society. Enjoy low speed and realise it. But get the fuck away from the people you see daily or they will just make your chill time miserable and ineffective

Attached: 1215555802294.jpg (400x300, 55K)

Imagine being proud of being a PTSD ridden Zionist Jew lackey.

kek

I got back from combat in 2010. Saw some stuff. And some things, man. Out of my platoon, there were 23 Purple Hearts, 2 posthumously awarded. Even had a KIA on day one. Had to scrape our dog handler and his dog into body bags after an IED and couldn’t tell what meat was man and what was dog. Learnt pretty quick shit’s real and not like some video game. I was one of only 4 that didn’t get boogered up in one way or another. My wife still says to this day I changed. I did. I got some fucking perspective on how the world really is.
Stuff came to a head when she was trying to be cute and playfully sack-tapped me unexpectedly and I defended myself.
We tried counseling, but those faggots don't have a fucking clue.
It got much more peaceful since I started my current career a few years back. I took a civvy job that has me traveling and we see each other once a month.
Life goes on, bud. Hang in there.

youre a fucking autist

>deploys in 2018, basically a paid camping trip
>acts all distant and hardass like he lost his humanity in the war, "hurr war is hell you wouldnt understand, you werent there" edgefag to his friends/family

Op is a massive boot faggot, fuck off. Your shitty ass deployment doesnt give you an excuse to be a dick. I, and many many guys I served with deployed to combat while you were still in middle school and though some guys did get shook up and suffered ptsd or otherwise become cynical assholes, many managed to be normal and not turn into wannabe sociopath edgelords like you. You can drop the hardass act, toolbag.

Attached: 1523592142343~01.jpg (172x239, 13K)

*you’re
Punctuation is important.

You played army man on the tax payers dime in some irrelevant desert in some irrelevant war accomplishing absolutely nothing. You have no clue how the world really is.

I've been wondering if rotating combat troops to POG unit stateside for the last six months before EAS would ease the transition problem.

Any form of out of action but not mixed into society time is good, before you had long ass boat rides. Now you really don't. But POG shit would probably suck. I would much rather a DoD sponsored recreation shit, like survival training but without the whole almost dying part.

Attached: 3_724.jpg (800x533, 92K)

>guy who never experienced shit besides his wagecuck 9-5 in a cozy firstworld bubble with occasional safety net excursions to tourist trap exotic vacation hotspots telling other guys they dont know anything about "le real world"

Fuck off, insecurityfag. Blame your faggy politicians and fellow meeklings for the shitty actions of a piece of shit government, not dudes who rode the tiger and lived through experiences you can only larp about at the gunrange.

>Deploys in 2018
>Comes back acting like what he thinks is a hard ass
>Is really just an arrogant prick because he thinks he's hard for going camping

You're just a fucking boot. I did two and a half nasty combat tours in Iraq. 90% of the dudes I came back with didn't feel the need to act like dicks. Sounds like you're just a shitty fucking person and everyone is sick of your shit.

Fuckin' boot.

>Fuck off, insecurityfag. Blame your faggy politicians and fellow meeklings for the shitty actions of a piece of shit government, not dudes who rode the tiger and lived through experiences you can only larp about at the gunrange.

I didn't realize we have a draft going on right now. The people that are there chose to be there.

I know there are hardened, evil men out there that would sever your head from your body and destroy everything you have ever loved for no reason other than zeal. They are out there. Always. Say what you want about me. I’m not what you should concern yourself with.

Please take off your GruntStyle shit and TapOut hat, divorce your stripper wife and give her the Mustang before she does it to you, and stop fucking posting you boot piece of shit.

I can relate. You need new friends/gf. Tell the family they can stfu.

You're literally an anxiety ridden PTSD FREAK, I'm sure you had a great time hanging out in some random desert plinking hunks of metal back and forth with ugly inbred goat herders, so much to the point where you sperged out on your lover over a play fight.

I'll just say this, and I don't want to hurt any feelings, but....

If you weren't in Astan or Iraw between 2002-2006 then you missed out on some heavy shit.

>Do entry level work
>Slowly become more lethargic/ a shitty worker because i care less and less about the menial tasks I'm assigned

>Get low level EMS certification
>First month is good. Feel fulfilled.
>Second month, the lethargy and apathy is already setting in

Will the military fix me? I want to be a hard worker. I want to have drive and motivation for things. Will getting my ass handed to me make me a better man?

I just want to not be a piece of shit, constantly fighting apathy and laziness.

Attached: I am Garbage.png (384x297, 76K)

Lol what a fucking FAGGOT

>Did the military change who you are are?
Yes. I was Army for seven years, no deployments. I learned a lot of lessons while in and it's where I became an adult. I've worked hard to really know myself my whole life and tried to stay true to my beliefs. I thought the military wouldn't change me that much, but it did. Even so, I was a bad fit for not conforming totally to the job like some other high-speeds. Tell you the truth I feel like I've changed again since separating. I became bitter for a while after, blaming certain coworkers and bosses on the joint service/civilian side and bad leadership on the Army side. I've mostly let that anger go, but the way it changed me is still there.

Also OP it sounds like your resentment of your gf is not Army related but really she's just being a dick. You are allowed to be mad at her for it. Fuck her for saying you've changed. Of course you've fucking changed. You should talk it out with her. It sounds like she has an image of you in her head and she's having trouble adjusting to the fact that you're a real person and not just what she expects. If she can't deal with you being a whole person and not the image she has in her head, then drop her fast.

also good post and checked.

The military is not the place for people with mental problems, which you sound like you have, to run and hide to. It will just make them worse.

Probably will not fix you. Sure, you'll do what you have to do, the bare minimum of what is expected, because if you don't it's your ass: loss of pay, potentially a life-ruining dishonorable discharge.

But unless you learn the right lessons you'll be back where you started after you get out.

I've known lots of depressed kids in the military. Personally I think they're weak trash, but my opinion doesn't change that serving in a cushy intel job was actually hard for them and some of them barely made it. You don't want to go through that.

Been in for 5 years. I'll make it short and sweet.
Don't let the military define you. Your military friends will come and go, people will get posted around, promoted, leave, etc.

The only constant is that your family and absolute close friends will be there when you need them (hopefully) maintain those relationship man.

I enjoyed all that deployment cash but hated that I had no one to hangout with when I got back. Save your money too. Don't go drinking it or snorting it, or buying a fucking hummer or mustang.

>GruntStyle shit
I detest those, and anyone with the “thank me for my service” mentality in public. I was trained to be a quiet professional. Most that know me have no idea I ever served. Jow Forums is basically the only place I ever talk about it.
>TapOut hat
Don’t like that stuff, either. Izod and Johnston & Murphy are more my speed.
>divorce your stripper wife
She’s has 2 degrees and is a financial advisor
>Mustang before she does it to you
She owns her own assets, including her own vehicles
>stop fucking posting you boot piece of shit
No U
Also,
>enters a thread about Jow Forumsommandos dealing with deployments, gets mad when he sees relevant post
>Pic related

Attached: E543E45E-22AD-4022-BEFF-A9BEC5439237.gif (645x773, 9K)

or a Jeep

I mostly saw guys get Tacoma’s and sink $$$$$ into them. Wanted to larp as SF bouncing around in Hilux’s.

>I was trained to be a silent professional
Lmao stfu you dweeb

>a quiet professional
CRINGE

Attached: 1530951127048.png (634x559, 714K)

Same here

I do have to take monthly solo camping trips to decompress

If I don't I just get more and more emotionless trying to smother my anger at all the bullshit and faggotry I have to put up with

I love my wife and like my coworkers, but good damn they are ignorant

Insecurity: The Post

What a fucking whiny asshole. Shoot yourself, dickhead.

Insecurity over what? This is your mind on ZOG ptsd

Lol retarded fag

How rude

Don’t feed the teenage trolls

THE GUIDE TO /COMFY/ POST WAR LIFE FOR THE PATRICIAN TROOPIE

>Save deployment money. Put in CDs or safe investmenrmts(not all of it)
>buy used economical Jap truck with excellent mpg
>Use every ounce of GI Bill to go to most expensive college you can get i to. They cover it all.
>Disregard gfs and no baby mamas
>Keep hair within regs but not severe
>Keep good credit, make plans to buy land.
>Avoid anything requiring debt
>Don't tell anyone you were in military
>if they know say you were a clerk/cook/whatever. ANYTHING but hardcore death dealing Airborne Ranger gangster shit.
>Unless you lost a limb or a literal brother "better them than me" is yo mantra
>get a dogger
>get Graduate degree
>Enjoy life. These other people are cucks and wagies

No rent. No lease. No problems.

>Use every ounce of GI Bill to go to most expensive college you can get i to. They cover it all.
Fucking disgusting welfare Queen

>Calling That Guy a boot

Hello newfriend.

don't compare your service to others, or else the 'Nam or WWII vets might pounce on your ass.

I appreciate the honesty. How the fuck do I fix myself?

>cushy intel job
I'd go infantry if I went military

>Currently making Liberals mad because I got paid $48,000 a year for a education that left most of them $250,000 in debt
>Currently making conservatives mad because muh welfare queen and an actual chance at elevating myself past manual labor and no health insurance

Such is life in the based Warrior Class.

Yeah, but /comfy/

Don't hate, appreciate

Even worse, there's a Cabal of Anglophile bankers that want to enslave every man, women, and child who control even those evil people.

And you wonder why everyone thinks you're entitled lazy faggots

Also,
>learn the right lessons
I want to. So fucking badly. I tell myself basically every minute of every day to stop being a piece of shit. To take value in hard work and discipline.

All I end up with is short bursts of productivity followed by long periods of lethargy.

And these zogpuppets work for them

But I'm none of those things. I simply seized the best and most sensible opportunity in life. Not my fault your idiotic principals stand in the way of life progress.

You're literally evil and worked for Israel
/Thread

lol you think I ran all em miles in the Infantry for min. wage?

nigga...nigga...my nigga...

Fuck you. I got PAID, got two degrees and regret nothing.

So you spent a year peeling taters in Germany for Israel and you expect everyone to kiss your ass for it. Congrats you grew apart from your social circle because you were away. If you had the fortitude to go to college you’d realize this is exactly the same. Holy shit, vets are such drama queens. You weren’t in Bastogne, faggot.

K.

I'll continue to enjoy bumping myself up a good two or three Socioeconomic rungs essentially overnight because I had the brains to see what was good. Enjoy your bricklaying job or whatever it is you do to eek out a living before the labor destroys your body.

>This guy is such a flyover retard that he thinks the only options in life are working at Walmart or the local coal mine
Between military welfare and regular welfare Rural America is literally just one big welfare state isn't it?

>he ran around alot
>Thinks he deserves money for it
Lmao I hate fucking welfare Queen faggots

Good luck, user

>Between military welfare and regular welfare Rural America is literally just one big welfare state isn't it?

Actually as a matter of budgetary statistics, it kind of is. Exhibit A: The $30,000,000,000 in rural and agriculture subsidies that are about to be handed to shit-heel Farmers and idiot Ranchers because they can't turn a profit for shit. This will be followed by them blaming Brown people collecting Welfare and the BLM for all their troubles.

>The military is not the place for people with mental problems
lmao is this a joke? The military has more nutjobs and dudes with weird complexes than any other career I've ever seen.

I didn't change. You're probably some sort of naturally unlikable cunt and the military brought it out.

IT

Shut the fuck up, stupid faggot. Your argument is irrelevant to the point being made, no ones measuring cocks, fucknut.

You sound like a cunt who didn't adjust well to military life, and now are shit at adjusting to civilian life again. Newsflash, life is not a combat zone anymore and you were paid to do a job (and it was just a job,) so don't act like it's some elucidating experience. God, boot fucks like you piss me off to no end.

T. 3-tour 68W

>imagine having such low self esteem and low testosterone that you need to make fun of sexy veterans.

Veterans are pudgy mentally ill FREAKS

Show me on the doll where the Dr. at MEPS rejected you.

>I’m having trouble sleeping next to my girlfriend every night and just tolerating bullshit conversations about her life along with the rest of my family.
this is actually a very deeply rooted issue. it sounds like there's some resentment towards her and once that sets in, there's basically no returning from it.
>What pisses me off more is she compared me to her Air Force brother who’s an aviation tech with no hazard duty deployment. Says he came back a gentleman ( after his first duty station lol ) and even better person while I’m starting to become a douchebag/asshole/jerk. She started crying and shit about it. Are my jokes and verbiage really that fucked? Fuck man.
have you told her that your job was totally different from her brother's? have you explained to her that it offends you when she compares the two jobs?

Probably failed penis day.

My brain because they only want mindless Jew puppet retards

You realize that nazis had more/better weapons then the nippers yet still surrendered. Let that sink in

The military changed me in the sense that it made me more confident and I started to hate the military the longer I was in.

I joined because I had no clue what to do with my life. Half way through my contract, I figured it out and resented the rest of my time I felt was just wasted. That GI bill though.

What you fell isn't strange. People that never deployed or never served can't imagine what it's actually like. It's hard for them to relate.

Just don't become one of those gay vets who join veteran support groups and try to fit in

I went in 2012 and lol never deployed, but I talk to people who have and it's always split between missing out on some crazy bad but cool shit or not missing anything and they regret going. A guy I recently met said something along the lines of "it sucks having to do that to people" but I can't help but feel like I missed out. Not like I could have done anything about it because I graduated high school in 2011 so a year doesn't really matter for me. Thoughts?

Attached: 51Uh7wPKDwL.jpg (331x500, 36K)

youre going to want to go back, dont

youll see the civi life, how its different, why its different, but youll want to go back, hang out with your brothers, do cool shit, but because out here youre not getting shot at and theres no risk of some hadji motherfucker popping out from a rock and pegging your HMMV with an RPG, everything seems mundane or dull

i was and probably still am addicted to it, that rush you get when a regular walk in some dirt field turns into a firefight, the sudden changes that force you to adapt, and the pure fucking adrenaline surge. after my first firefight, i had an erection that could kill a horse, by the end of my first deployment, i was so bored that i wanted to be shot at

round 2 was where we lost more guys, had more injuries, had it rougher overall, and then the third time was going back for revenge, killing as many ragheads as i had ammo for, doing risky stupid shit just for the rush and bravado, to come back and say "i busted a door down and magdumped a guy". i lost track of the near misses, the brushes with death, the "that could have been me" moments, but if i had gone back again chances are i wouldnt have come back, either mentally or physically

getting back, it took me weeks to stop sleeping with a rifle, to stop yelling everything, to cut back on chewing people out over little shit and swearing every other word

you will never feel the same as you did before, there is no going back, there is no cure, you can subdue it, you can work on taming it, but the shear excitement from that and craving it will never go away unless you are lucky

i watched guys take up shit like skydiving to get the rush back, then wingsuits, free base jumping, all to try and get the rush. i saw others turn into drunks or addicts, some went NG and worked their way slowly back to being human, i know a few guys now who turned into couch potatoes, fattened up, just to try and separate who they are now from who they used to be. find your cure.

You seem like an alright guy to have next to you in a fighting hole. Here have a Ketchum

Attached: when_the_trap_is_so_good_it_becomes_an_ambush.jpg (320x320, 17K)

60 days of laid back, state-funded innawoods larping

fund it

DO NOT use alcohol or drugs to cope. That can spiral downwards fast. Go to church, or get spiritual, whatever. Get counseling if needed.

Just don't be a dick. Don't let your experiences turn you into a garbage person, be a good man. Remember all those WWII veterans that came home, most just put it behind them, and lived good decent lives.

there's a really great show called Modern Warrior Live, unfortunately I'm not sure that it's actively touring right now.
this book also comes to mind although I haven't read it

Attached: 51i4Y89fQUL._SY346_.jpg (229x346, 23K)

Your girlfriend sounds like a moron. She hasn't even made an attempt to understand your world. All the time you were gone, she never thought to educate herself on the conditions you may have to endure. By that alone, she sounds incredibly selfish to me. I could never be with a person like that.

Are they called quest?