It’s happened. Shit hits the fan, and the country is in anarchy. Is the Mauser 98k still an effective combat weapon...

It’s happened. Shit hits the fan, and the country is in anarchy. Is the Mauser 98k still an effective combat weapon? Discuss.

Attached: ECADED76-2254-4BA7-9EAC-F4271072D3CF.jpg (900x496, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pC4Gqvd7T1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aren't camel jockeys still using them in Derkderkastan?

>will 8mm still kill
Don't know man, it's a fucking mystery.

I mean what is the definition of effective. 5 round capacity, heavy as fuck weight, slow reloads, terrible sights, massive rifles aren't really the makings of a useful implement

No, people became invincible against bolt action rifles after WW2

Ive killed 45+ deer and antelope with my 30.06 sporterized so they are good for something

What's there to discuss? Yes, it's effective, but other guns are more effective. In and out of SHTF you should be trying not to get into combat.

How do you feel about a red dawn style vietcong insurrection?

This, it's a little known stipulation of the Hague convention

What the fuck does combat even look like in this scenario? Are you scaring off a half ass band of nightriders every once in a while? Or are you participating in Dick McShithead 's
Monster energy fueled urban ARG apocalypse?

It's a full power cartridge rifle.

Could I use one in combat...sure, it's built for it.

Would I want to clear rooms with it and engage guys with AR-15s? Fuck no.

Would I feel comfortable engaging guys with AR15s across open ground at long distance. Fuck yeah.

Better than a Mosin

And you are salty because you never had the markings of a varsity athlete.

It's better than nothing, but an AR would be both better and cheaper.

>Would I feel comfortable engaging guys with AR15s across open ground at long distance. Fuck yeah.

go back to pubg kiddo

I'm salty because every mauser I've owned has been dogshit.

I'll stick to leverguns and semi autos and single shots

No, purely in a logistical sense. Once you have gone through what ammo you have stockpiled good luck finding more, hope you already have reloading equipment.

Nope. Better have a fuckton of ammo or the means to reload your shells many times.

And really any semi auto rifle in a reasonable caliber (5.56 and up) is a huge upgrade. Particularly if you have a red dot or some good glass on it.

Don't get me wrong, having a mauser is far superior to nothing, but I guarantee the raiders are gonna be armed with far better battle rifles than mausers.

I get it, some dudes like the arms of 100 years ago for aesthetic reasons, but you'd have to be a fool to think it could go toe to toe with modern semi auto platforms.

Well for me yes. Shit will hit. I’ll load my trusty 8mm up drink vodka and wait. Make sure my neighbors aren’t trying to loot and just stick it out.

>5 Round Capacity
Standard for Bolt Action Rifles
>Heavy
8-9 pounds is not that heavy, Battle Rifles weigh the same if not more.
>Slow Reloads
What are Stripper Clips
>Terrible Sights
Got me there, I like them fine but I can see why some wouldn't.
>Massive
Karabiner (Carbine) and Kurz (Short)mean nothing apparently.

Good luck hitting me with an AR15 at 600 meters, kiddo.

I am not sure what the fuck pub G is, but I am sure a 8mm Mauser is going to reach out and touch you well beyond the max effective range of 5.56.

An ar weighs 6 pounds. An ar holds 30 rounds and you don't fumble with the last round. And my fuck dude, have you ever held a Winchester 94, ar or modern carbine? 24 inch barrels in a k98k are not compact. Sure it's more compact than a g98, but God damn

Good luck seeing through a mauser sight at 600 yards and hitting something that's moving.

You're probably not going to hit that with an AR, but you're more likely to with the average optic that are in common use

>Implying someone who wants to snipe with a Mauser isn't using an optic.

See

you told me to see something that was a response to me lol

If you shoot somone with it they'll still die

Most ARs don't weigh less than 7-8 pounds unloaded, an M4 weighs 7.74 lbs unloaded, before optics or other attachments, a 98k weighs in at 8.2 lbs

Sure, a K98k is an extremely reliable and sturdy weapon, but the fact of the matter is you're not gonna be very effective in say a skirmish. You're purely a guerilla at that point, you take a shot or two and then you are done and get out of there.

>*kills you at 1000yards*

Attached: 1000411-627x900.jpg (627x900, 56K)

>why does my steel quad rail weigh more than an aluminum alloy mlok rail?

>implying someone who is using a Mauser had money for an optic

>Thinking Mausers are cheap

effective but not optimal

>heavy as fuck
look at this man and laugh

They are

A lot harder to find ammunition for though. At least where I live.

I think one of the main stipulations for an effective combat weapon during a SHTF scenario is that ammunition should be at least relatively plentiful.

>Today I will remind them

youtube.com/watch?v=pC4Gqvd7T1s

I forgot that everyone on earth is constantly moving and never stops. All targets are perpetually running.

I also forgot everyone has shitty eyes and you can't mount optics to old rifles.

How foolish.

not K98k's which are the subject of this thread here.

Ah, durka durka durka.

Even RC Kar98s are like $450-500 now. That is about at cheap as it gets.

Any bolt m/m kar 98 is like $700 and up to thousands for matching guns.

It isn't 2006.

If someone has a k98k they are almost certainly wealthy enough to be able to afford a better rifle. Like an AR15 with an optic.

yeah. thats why every single military rifle was a mauser for half a century.
its not a black powder musket.
I really dont understand why people think guns have evolved so much.
its a fucking metal tube that has a hunk of metal explosively propelled down it.
you think a mauser doesnt have the range of a modern rifle?
the only thing you got is rate of fire.
but compared to sand niggers spraying hip fire and mag dumping on full auto, Im pretty sure it evens out.
depends on how accurate you are with a bolt action and how much you practice.

>immediately starts sperging out about ARs
about what i expected

why would sporteriztized a k98 mauser?

My fondest dream.

Of course in this dream, I am obviously a big damn hero with plot armor who always knows what to do and doesn't afraid of anything.

It's effective as long as it can kill, and it will. It should be used as a tool to secure a better tool, and so on..

If you're in an area that plays to the Mauser's strengths, you could use it exclusively. If you're in an urban environment, use it to kill whatever retard is out in the open with a semi.