Anyone worry about lead exposure while shooting or handling firearms and ammo?

Anyone worry about lead exposure while shooting or handling firearms and ammo?

All that fine lead dust can't be healthy.

Attached: lead-shot.jpg (400x289, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dph.illinois.gov/sites/default/files/publications/lead-safety-shooters-041516.pdf
usashooting.org/library/Youth_Development/HS_and_College_Programs/LeadMgtGuideUSASCMP.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: tide.gif (500x500, 2.41M)

>not licking you action/tumbling media clean

It tastes sweet because it's healthy.

Get your lead levels checked once a year along with your cholesterol. Most insurance will cover it as preventative care depending on how it shows up on the bill. We get ours done every six months at the store I work at and our levels do go up slightly each time but nowhere near dangerous. This is data from guys cleaning the traps and hepa-vaccing the bays so I imagine the average shooter doesn't accumulate much.

Wash your hands before eating anything and you are fine. Lead dust is going to fall because it is still dense. It is still lead after all.

Oh, it's been 24 hours already? Another retarded lead thread it is!

Oh look it's this Antifaggot thread again for the 3rd day in a row.

>don't use guys, goyim

Attached: 1479863659821.jpg (600x600, 118K)

American Eagle and Speer make largely lead free range ammo. Total metal jacketed bullets + lead free primers. The downside is lead free primers do have a shelf life (unlike normal ammo), and often become unreliable after 5 years or so.

Ironically the bullshit armor piercing ammo laws prohibit steel core bullets. Between that, and the regulation of suppressors, it's like there's a conspiracy by the govt to make shooters unhealthy.

For all the ruckus about the NFA, and AWBs, you don't hear much about the armor piercing ammo ban. It's especially bullshit, because the ATF expanded the definition of "handgun ammo," to encompass basically all calibers smaller than .50 BMG, just so they could ban all non-lead bullets.

>Not using the anti-lead sentiment to spread awareness about the ATF's illegal prohibition of "armor piercing projectiles"

It's like you don't even want all that cheap steel core surplus. Public health concern == cheap ammo.

Stop posting this stupid fucking thread jack ass

sage this shit

if youre going to tinfoil, atleast do it properly
>lead threads get spammed so precautions are taken for a meme and people poison themselves

Fuck. Off.

Usually you wait a month after being called out on your faggotry, can't even wait a week anymore I guess. So I repeat.

Fuck. Off. You. Anti-Gun. Faggot.

No. I drink 3 monsters and smoke half a pack a day. I don’t really think a tiny bit of lead dust is my biggest problem right now.

Didnt think the issue with primers was lead.

I thought they contained mercury...

>Implying that I don't pack a lip of 9 shot while shooting KEK

It absorbs through your skin into your bloodstream, regardless of you eating it.

i'd say the same, but then there's the steel shot while hunting laws in some areas.

i found out my wife is pregnant so yeah, it's now a concern.

No it fucking doesn't. Olympic airgun athletes have no measured increase in lead levels and they touch lead all the fucking time.

Now Get out you retard.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that you're not OP samefagging.

Your risk is minimal with proper procedures. Wash/shower after a range trip. Wash those clothes separately. How autistic you want to get about this is up to you. You could get a mini washing machine to wash your lead clothes entirely seperate. You could change in the garage.

Have your wife drink EmergenC and orange juice.

I get being more careful now that there's a baby in the picture. That's fine. But as long as you're not doing something stupid like casting in the house, setting off primers in the house, and taking your pregnant wife shooting the risk is minimal

>casting
Really not that big of an issue. The biggest exposure is from priming compund, both during shooting and while tumbling brass.

Dont stort range dirt and dont eat lunch in the middle of shooting and you'll be fine.

When I was a kid we used to inhale the smoke from the barrel of a BB gun. I'm perfectly fine.

Don’t be a pussy.

>Anyone worry about lead exposure while shooting or handling firearms and ammo?
No.
>All that fine lead dust can't be healthy.
It's not enough to be concerned about unless you actually have some sort of breathing issues. Think about people like Ken Hackathorn, Massad Ayoob, Clint Smith, Jerry Miculek, etc. They're all 60+ years old and have been shooting their entire lives. Not just that but I would be willing to bet that the most active year any one of them have had they've shot more ammo than 99% of people here will ever shoot in their entire lives.

They all seem perfectly fine... well, Clint Smith is a bit of a nut, but I get the impression that's just who he is.

Attached: ɯɾ.png (1063x781, 1.89M)

Not in the slightest, just wash your hands after you're done shooting. I've been shooting not only guns but pellet rifles for years, not only am I healthy but the lead levels in me are basically as low as they can be. Of all the gun danger memes to choose from you chose by far the most stupid.
Maybe if your hands just went through a fucking chainsaw in a butcher shop but I would imagine lead would be the least of your worries then.

>OP is not replying
>OP is a confirmed shill
Sage smells nice

Just wash your hands if you're so paranoid, you'll be fine. You encounter way high doses of other carcinogens just by walking around a metro area than by shooting a couple times a month.

Modern primers (last century) don't contain mercury, instead they use lead styphnate. This is part of the reason modern ammo keeps for decades.

Jesus man, why do you do that to yourself? You probably feel like shit all the time.

You CAN absorb lead through your body into your bloodstream.
You can also inhale it, which goes into your bloodstream.
dph.illinois.gov/sites/default/files/publications/lead-safety-shooters-041516.pdf

Attached: donald-trump-wrong.gif (480x287, 435K)

I get my levels checked every 12 months. Little bit elevated but nothing serious. I clean guns for living.

I am. I try to always wash my hands & my mouth before eating after a session. I never touch soft point/lead ammo in the house. When our ventilation in my indoor range isn't working, I try not to breath to much while checking the results (our travel retrieval system didn't work lately).

You always have to remember that lead in a poison. And that it is pretty easy to get it in your body but is a bitch to get it out, if even it is possible.

Attached: Agarwal_Fig_1.jpg (800x542, 208K)

Oh fuck off you retarded anti. You've been BTFO multiple times and just keep hoping to snare some easy prey.

Olympic level airgunners, constantly touching lead (more than any firearms user), never once popped an elevated level.
usashooting.org/library/Youth_Development/HS_and_College_Programs/LeadMgtGuideUSASCMP.pdf
pg 4 since your reading abilities are low.

You'd have to do Roman Emperor "painted a boy with gold" shit to give someone lead poisoning through skin absorption.

i remember when i made a thread like this and i larped as a trap and the thread had like 500 replies and took 3 days to 404

that was epic

I'm pro gun, I'm also far right.

It's unfortunately a fact that lead is absorbed through your skin.
You're a delusional fuck head btw.

>Ignore the empirical fact that the risks I'm talking about approach zero because THEORETICALLY it's an issue.

Doesn't your public health masters thesis need to be finished?

you dont seem worried, and its obvious you've eaten a lot of paint chips

you're a liberal. we can tell becuase you dont even know what you're afraid of.
i've played with mercury in my hand many times. it used to be in thermometers and light switches.
lead is problematic for children who are still developing. which, i guess includes you. you fucking hump.
here's your (you) now take a long walk of a short pier.

nice bait fag

It ain't my fault your bait is so weak. You got me like 3 threads ago. But what was once clever and mildly impressive has become repetitive to the point of pain. And now it's just embarrassing. Just like your grad school career. And (just like your adviser) we wish you'd just go away.

I'll say it again.
You're a delusional fuck-head.
I was never in other thread.

Attached: 1506602388947.png (389x379, 178K)

Yes you were. All of them. Samefagging them. All of them. Until you could get some idiot to take your bait. Of course then the bigger fish come and you get BTFO every single time. Hey your kind are often masochistic and into being dominated.

Now go work on your thesis.

I shoot at indoor ranges.
Any indoor range should have fans blowing the air downrange away from you where it gets filtered.
You should never smell gunsmoke at the range and there should not be any dust on anything.
If you can or there is, stop shooting there.

i wear a balaclava when shooting so i dont breath in particles from burnt powder and i never eat on the range and when i get thirsty when it is hot i usually bring a water bottle in the car and i never put my lips to anywhere on the bottle that i touch.
i should be more careful with storing my ammo though. i vacuum often though.

This.

I already have arsenic poisoning so why should I care.
My brain's trash.

I'm not worried about lead poisoning because I've secretly been ingesting small amounts of lead so my body can get used to larger amounts in case someone tries to poison me with it.

I'm fine as far as I know but sometimes it's hard for my penis to get hard. I assume that's just because a lot of the hentai I read is trash and not some sign of long-term lead exposure.

Attached: 1395808838720.gif (384x400, 246K)

Shoot yourself man. It's 2in1 : you'll also get bullet resistance. I'm gonna shoot myself with a .380 today, please which me luck. I am just hesitating about one thing, FMJ or HP ?

Just shoot outside or a place thats properly vented and wash your hands after you shoot

I work 3rd shift. Nicotine for concentration and the monsters because I like how they taste

Most people shoot outside and so the exposure is minimal. I also wear ripstop multicam bdus when I shoot so they are less permeable than normal clothes so most of that lead goes into my clothes and is washed out.

I do wear a hepa/charcoal pollution mask when I shoot because I don't want to breathe in the gunpower/lead etc. I only do this though because I run many miles each day and I'm a bit OCD about keeping my cardio in tip top shape. I also haven't touched pizza in about 2-3 years so there is that also.

If outdoors, not an issue at all.
Indoor ranges are a different thing entirely. Usually they have decent air circulation at the shooting stands, but downrange the gases accumulate. This is extremely noticeable if you go to the targets after hundreds of rounds have been shot in a short while.
In my IDPA group we all wear basically paint masks as it gets unbearable to breathe by the end of the session, and some of the older shooters had gotten tested which showed significant lead concentration.