WE ARE WAR BOYS

musclecarfan.com/the-war-camaro-has-stealth-properties/

A retired Danish special forces officer modified a 1972 Camaro, with all the armor and detection avoidance equipment available to him by the US airforce, to deliver much needed medicine and supplies to civilians in 1990s war torn Bosnia. He had night vision, kevlar panels, IR absorbent paint, mine pusher, run flat fires, and a nitro system to put another 200hp on top of whatever his 5.7L V8 put out in case the local militias wanted a word.

My question to Jow Forums is: If you were given the same task today(like Syria), what vehicle would you choose and how would you modify it, given that a modern military force provided you with the gear and mechanics to do so?

tl;dr Smokey and the Bandit with ISIS playing the role as Smokey.

Attached: ad6[1].jpg (349x527, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2016/11/07/middleeast/bulletproof-bmw-isis-snipers/index.html
snopes.com/fact-check/night-vision-of-loveliness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>A retired Danish special forces officer modified a 1972 Camaro, with all the armor and detection avoidance equipment available to him by the US airforce, to deliver much needed medicine and supplies to civilians in 1990s war torn Bosnia
Man what a fucking life

honda civic

Attached: ad1.jpg (4000x3000, 2.07M)

Fuck that car is beautiful. Don't even like sports cars but i would happily drive that monster.

Attached: doof-wagon-2.jpg (620x343, 76K)

>do all this cool shit
>use it help bosnians

Camaros were muscle cars until after 2000.

>retired danish sf...
>with all the equipment available to him from the USAF...
The USAF doesn't make anything available to retired foreign civilians wanking around in third countries.
>so retired danish sf with NOTHING from the USAF.
It's just dark spraypaint on a camaro, dipshit, not KnightRider2000

Attached: images (18).jpg (467x315, 19K)

Did you even read the article?

EASTBOUND AND DOWN

Tanspo'tin meds cross front lines? THAS THA MAN ACT!

>another 200hp on top of whatever his 5.7L V8 put out

So for a '72 Camaro that would total about 260 hp then.

Yep, read it.
Even more ridiculous.
>"... mine pusher on the front bumper..."
Go ahead - 'push' a mine in Bosnia with a car and see how fast it goes... in all directions.

Attached: Bosnia Boobytrap Scenarios No 5.jpg (5100x3510, 3.73M)

It's just propaganda, if its so good then they could've sent it to save those Thai cave boys.

Toyota Hilux/land cruiser, roads are typically fucked in war time

Attached: Farmer's_ute,_Toyota_Land_Cruiser,_Emerald,_Queensland.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

Ford raptor probably best choice for stock vehicles, otherwise an actual trophy truck with armour would be ideal.

LOADED UP AND TRUCKIN’

72 wasn't a bad year but after 76 and you almost spot on.

WE GONNA DO WHAT THEY SAY CAINT BE DONE

Remind me again, exactly how much combat experience a 1990s Danish SpecialForces would have had from all those deployments?

>AWD A-Team van
>Armored driver's seat
>Dirtbike strapped to back

Good for delivering shit, hopefully well protected enough so you survive getting shot at/blowed up. The soft bigotry of low expectations requires a dirtbike at the ready, because an A-Team van is going to shit the bed at the first sign of trouble.

When I worked in the oil field they gave me a long bed quad cab Chevy 2500HD pickup, and it sucked ass to sleep in. All I wanted was a 4WD panel van with a rack for tools on one side, and a mattress on the other. They often kept us on standby at job sites for days. We lived in those trucks, and I came to appreciate the advantages a van offers.

why not have the worst of both worlds?

Attached: cf8ce7f336e0303aeadf9f5579d046ac.png (570x350, 43K)

> If you were given the same task today(like Syria)

There was a guy who had a armored BMW 5 Series and he drove in middle of firefights and terrorist controlled areas carrying meds, people and other stuff for villages. BMW even offered him a brand new armored BMW, but he refused and kept his own shitbox.

edition.cnn.com/2016/11/07/middleeast/bulletproof-bmw-isis-snipers/index.html

Kitover to look like LC200. Add a retractable rws up to 20mm with augmented glasses control if I'm by myself, a k9. Silent electric bike in the back. Other than that she has all optional SF essentials, mine belly plate, run flats, ir lights, 4ws, rcied jammers, comms, ballistic glass/panelling, acoustic detections, gimbal optics, electric power, recovery winch, recovery stilts, lrf for guiding smart munitions etc. And can be readily internal/externally lifted by Chinook. Perhaps use a trailer or small atv/quad in tow to pick up extra cargo drops.

inb4 Sebrenica 2.0

Attached: 42405054044_f5cea687df_k.jpg (2048x1365, 784K)

I'm a sucker for the classics, so a Toyota Land Cruiser J70

Attached: toyota-land-cruiser-technical-1001x565-(4).jpg (1001x565, 54K)

this

that's bollocks user.

Jow Forums is pretty gullible these days it seems...

Probably do the same here, but:
>omit the mine pusher
>raise the suspension and add off-road capable tires
>add 2 .30 MGs on the passenger side and a rack of rockets to the sides or roof
>put in a roll cage
>change the car to a Charger (or similarly box shaped muscle car)

depends on the environment.

something to take on the Rockies is going to be different than something to tackle sand dunes or something to get through swamp. Try to make a jack of all trades and you're gauranteed to make something thats shit

If you think about it, average cars today have better features that would be of use in a military setting than some pimped out mad max shit from the 90s.

For instance, there are a bunch of cars that come standard with these features

>FLIR
>GPS/GLONASS navigation
>cameras everywhere
>run flat tires
>adjustable suspensions
>tons of horsepower and torque
>safety features

some common feature to add might be
>lightbars
>AWD or 4WD, preferably 4WD
>bettet ground clearance
>more engine than needed
>roll bar
>armor
>winch
>extraction/recovery tools
>a drone

Camaros were pony cars and always have been.

I'd just get a 7th gen Hilux because they're good and common. Add all the upgrades he had, except engine mods since those can potentially make repairs harder. Of course that's not very cool at all but muscle cars aren't the best on shit roads.

snopes.com/fact-check/night-vision-of-loveliness/ HES REAL

Exactly 0

Raptors are shit dude

For myself I'd want like an early 2000s/late90s Chevy Silverado 4x4 single cab. My work truck is an 01 2500 with the 6.0L and I love it. Only thing I wish is that the tailgate on this service bed was a bit higher and it wasn't equipped for a plow so I had extra clearance in front. Oh, and a better stereo. Otherwise thing is p badass for a work truck. Could do anything under the sun too it too bc it was a popular truck and they have a million things on the market to modify it with.

That's the worst of both worlds.

dune buggy. narrow track, low profile, low reflectivity.

Attached: limo.jpg (962x585, 244K)

Great choice, a Ford would probably be a superior option ;D

That's not a 72

I'd put a much quieter exhaust on it and paint it black.

Attached: toytruck1024x685.jpg (1024x685, 383K)

ide like to explore me some thai boy cave

>1216
>pump action
Fucking Brits man, every time