Hello Jow Forums I'm moving to a high crime rate area in Southern Virginia

Hello Jow Forums I'm moving to a high crime rate area in Southern Virginia.

Looking to buy a double-stack or full size. Looking for something with higher capacity for concealed carry.

I have 500-800ish shilly tokens to spend though if spending more is a better value then that's fine.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached: download (3).jpg (252x200, 5K)

Look no further than the m&p 2.0 compact
>under 500 otd
>steel 3 dot sights from factory
>good trigger
>excellent ergonomic grip
>aggressive stippling, up there with the p30 at the best of the industry
>as short a grip as possible as will still allow 15 round capacity as well as a four finger hold
>so far has great track record for reliability, fit and finish excellent
>large aftermarket

A question that doesn't deserve it's own thread, please head on over to hand gun general and ask there. Or do some research on your own.

Attached: cz.png (1920x1435, 526K)

Glock 19 fits your requirements and is within your budget. Unoriginal and bland, but proven and extremely popular because it's effective.

This Cz75 compact. Will never fail you

Thank you !

Lol some thread with no activity on it for the last six or seven hours was deleted, who gives a fuck.
No one should ever feel forced to use the generals

S&W also has a $50 rebate going on right now.

Glock 29
>fits your price range
>double stack
>concealable
>TEN MILLIMETER AUTO

That'll blast even the druggiest of druggies

These. The Glock and M&P are the 1st and 2nd most common 'good' handguns in the US. The M&P is the better value but the Glock has a larger aftermarket. Take your pick and neither will fail you. I have a 2.0c and it's likely going to outlive me.

Glock 19 is also a good choice. The G19, M&P Compact, and PPQ are probably the top 3 choices for mid sized 9mm, and I’d argue the Smith offering to be the king of the bunch (though that’s subjective).

Well that's what I'm worried about or the gangs,crack dealers, heroin dealers. They seem to be in packs of 2-3 plus.

I’d rather get a Glock 35 desu. Similar performance and significantly less recoil, more capacity, and thinner to boot

Don’t listen to that user, Glock 29 is definitely not for everyone, and makes more sense in a backpacking or outdoors context. Play the safe bet and stick to the vanilla 9mm midsize gats discussed before
Also, I’d be more afraid of the addicts than the dealers desu. Keep your eyes open and practice your draw from concealment at least twice a week for 20 to 30 minutes, and you should be good to go

Thank you for the advice. Yeah I was visiting and there were sketchy looking people in a bunch of parking lot or walking around looking like lots were on drugs.

The crime report resembles a phone book... #RVA

Steyr M9 is overlooked but excellent

I'm throwing CZ P0-7 into the mix, I love mine.

>double stack
>DA/SA with cock-n-lock or decocker option
>night sights from factory
>great ergos
>most come with x2 +2 extensions, so you can have a little more at your disposal if need be
>great shooter due to design
>style points
>4th best grip texture on the market

Are you going to the gunshop this week?

Live, born and raised in a crime ridden shithole in southern Virginia. What particular shithole are you moving to, OP?

>Get a Glock or a Glawk brand Glock

I think you should get a Springfield Commander 1911. It's tough on crime.

Attached: glockbrandglock.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

RVA!

In the next few weeks or going online.