Camo netting hate thread

Camo netting hate thread

I'm sure most everybody who's served in a military has had to deploy this shit at some point to cover up trucks or tents or whatever

in this thread we relish in our hate of the nets and how they always get fucking stuck everywhere

Attached: swedish_camo_net.jpg (682x700, 115K)

>not putting a linen sheet on it when rolling it up so it doesn't get stuck on itself

Brainlet.

It’s almost like OP didn’t serve which is why he doesn’t know the tips and tricks.

eh, it wasn't too bad. I mean I was in a recce plt and I had 40 of those fuckers in the connex. 12 of them are on the hand receipts so you can understand the amount of fuckery and modifications to the standard camo net we had.

I mean when putting it on trucks/tents it always got stuck on all the little nooks and crannies

worst thing ever were the trucks with the integrated cranes, the net always stuck to the hydraulic lines and shit

many a rage were had at like 4 a.m

neverserved but I feel like camo netting isn't that hard to roll

Not draping your vehicle with an old parachute first to cover the contained shadow and flat surface reflections, plus cover any snag points.
Then when you drop the net and fold it back on top of the vehicle it's interleaved with that slippery OD nylon to roll up easier.

Attached: 157777_ts.jpg (1154x1154, 157K)

not OP, but I served quite literally a decade ago, and never heard of such "tricks".

yuo

Not hard to roll. Hard to set up as it snags on everything. And those poles are annoying too.
Grunt units dont have old parachutes laying around?
>never heard of such "tricks".
same

Fuck that one guy who goes like two steps past the camo net to take a piss in the middle of the night and then that's all anyone can smell. I hope you get dick cancer you dirty fuck.

yup, as infantry never had anything else other the camo net itself and the poles to vault it up

I dont know why I put a question mark on that statement.
But yeah, fuck those poles too.

We were supposed to be two drivers on our 6-wheeler army trucks. That often didn't happen. I didn't mind doing all the driving, but spreading the camo net over an entire truck on your own sucks big time. Especially in the dark and you are in a forest.

i fly aircraft, there's no use putting camo netting up over a jet. on my last deployment, the only camo netting was just up for shade since it was stupid hot.

yup, it's such a pain in the ass I feel you, especially in the winter during the night where everything is dark

you can't see shit plus everything is frozen and slippery

where did you serve?

fucking hated that shit. i was in a radio det, we'd have to cam up our trucks with this shit and it'd get caught on everything and everyone. take down & repeat with every move.

lmao cam poles - mere mention of them brings back fond memories

Rusta Leir. Not far from Bardufoss. This was back when the army were still using M621 trucks (M35 for the Americans) and bless the old piece of Detroit steel but there sure were a lot of hooks and protrusions to deal with.

Fuck camo nets. They're another one of those things that only exist to make the average grunt's life miserable and give officers yet another excuse to yell at your sorry ass.

t. former conscript

Attached: IMGP9040.jpg (4000x3000, 1.96M)

i just volunteered for guard duty or to drag the landline instead of that shit

There's nine people placing up that net. NINE!

pro tip, if an estonian in uniform is wearing a flag on his left arm he is a faggot

kes kurat need on? kodutütred v mingi riigkaitselaager?

>dem shoes tho

mis patis olid?

Kup, sest miks mitte

>POG tears
The way it was ridiculously employed in FOBs by retards from time to time because they'll never leave the wire so they play dress up and do Army stuff.
Other than that, shit is cash at times, especially for concealment

Air delivery write off their old chutes after every few drops or if the cords are worn.
They have bins of them that they have to cut up otherwise, so it's simpler for them to hand them away.
>also easier to skate when you can slide under your car and be out of sight because of your drape not just the net

>t. faggots who don't understand concealment and radar-scattering
wanna know how I know you have a favourite flavor of sharpie?

Attached: 1529377675141.png (338x654, 349K)

dat smell tho

Very distinct smell

Attached: 20180707_110826_resized.jpg (1458x1944, 862K)

you either get net'd or you get rek'd it is a safety item not comfort item