Should IDF start using camo?

Is there an inherent advantage to having your service members dress like a mid-60s army?

Attached: IDF_900-810x540.gif (810x540, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hebrewhammerblog.com/2014/11/20/idf-m16-variants-menusar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 36685894465_a6e80261a2_k.jpg (2048x1367, 689K)

apparently they can camo up by getting their uniforms covered in dust, I've read that this is actually standard practice

Well, he’s pretty well covered in dust and it doesn’t look that much different. Maybe you wouldn’t need to cover yourself in dust if your uniform came pre-camouflaged?

Yeah their camo should be a gigantic red bullseye.

I like that better, actually. Camo looks stupid.

When a significant portion of your military is made up of brain dead conscripted teenagers cheap equipment is a big concern. Take a look at old Soviet gear and you'll start to see a pattern. IDF volunteer units get the good stuff, pic related is what their considering giving them.

Attached: WhatsApp_Image_2018-06-23_at_17.24.39_1.jpg (1600x1064, 604K)

I suppose that's right, on pictures of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan most soldiers also didn't have camo

>Camo looks stupid
Who gives a shit as long as it works?

whats the point, the IDF is almost strictly urban.

>Is there an inherent advantage to having your service members dress like a mid-60s army?

The IDF's main problem (and reason behind the OD uniforms) is the fact, that they fight tons of unorganized muslim hordes - who themselves wear a fuckload of different camo schemes. OD is Israel's way to keep the blue on blue incidents down - especially since no indigenous israeli camo scheme would look so much different from their opponents stuff.

They do plenty of inna desert stuff too.

In situations where its actually important, they do. Theres 4-color oversuits issued to desert brigades and recon units, while in snowy regions they get overwhites. So no, OD is fine in the capacity it is used.

cause when standard engagement distance is within 50 meters during the day most camo aint gonna do shit especially when standing next "muhammads grocery store"

They should wear napalm as camo

Attached: fellow goys.png (900x720, 984K)

a mix of cheap shit to give to dumb conscripts and trying to not look scary cause muh palestinians, id guess

Can someone explain why da joos use so many AR variants. Like, I thought they wanted to use the tavor exclusively.

FUCK YOU OP JEW LOVER JEW.

Attached: StrayDogKerberosPanzerCops29.jpg (1280x670, 73K)

Why spend the money on non-combat arms conscripts? Anyone who matters uses tavors or modern ARs, the colt commandos are for second line units.

From a looks standpoint, I like the olive drab.
From an actual tactics standpoint, I like the idea of "break up the silhouette". That may be just as effective as an elaborate camo pattern. is also a good idea, nothing blends in better with the natural terrain better than the natural terrain.

Attached: 1437320287331.jpg (500x750, 67K)

Among the regular infantry brigades 3 are issued X95 (the Tavor is practically non existent in frontline units now). The other 2 are issued M4s. Everyone else gets all kinds of all kinds of franken-colts because of

Attached: 31966877_227413574678809_6301561877658861568_n.jpg (1080x1080, 179K)

you don't need camo to shoot children and medical workers, user

It won't help much, it'll be even worse for urban combat. Regardless they can dust their uniforms up if they actually need to operate in the desert

You know, it is entirely possible that they chose to stick to the old Olive Drab because the elite units are routinely donning the camo of whatever enemy units they are up against. Same shit as the Russians and USSF do, in other words.

w2c red boots

Some IDF units use M81 Woodland BDU helmet covers and uniforms although it appears individual soldiers acquire these on their own (ex. they attended a military academy in the United States and brought back US Military helmet covers as souvenirs) rather than being issued them.

The main reason for their unwillingness to adopt a camouflage pattern from my understanding is that the Israeli Defense Force operates in almost exclusively urban environments where camouflage is of extremely limited practicality and telling the difference between friend and foe is far more important. Militant groups like Hamas and Hezbollah use a mix of civilian cloths and M81 BDUs themselves so the Israelis prefer to dress in a single solid color to avoid friendly fire incidents.

They also think Americans are retarded with their "vomit" camouflage (presumably referring to Multicam) and turning their uniforms into a fashion show (referring to the different services' uniforms). I'd hate to admit agreeing with a Jew, but I gotta agree with them desu.

Attached: woodland helmets israel-palestine-idf-army-west-bank-settlements.jpg (1200x804, 839K)

>Some IDF units use M81 Woodland BDU helmet covers and uniforms
That picture is pretty old. You will see most grunts rocking pic related these days

Attached: 28152090_400471660424121_9060389843426607104_n.jpg (799x607, 67K)

Tavor is issued to elite units like the Airborne and Sayeret Matkal but not issued en masse owing to its high manufacturing cost. The rest of the IDF uses AR-15 variants they've been receiving since the 1980s, ranging from redundant M16A1s that were being phased out of US service to M4s

Many ARs in Israeli service are now custom built using a mix of old American and homemade parts such as A1 and A2 receivers and shortened barrels. Hence why carry handle optics are still a common sight.

hebrewhammerblog.com/2014/11/20/idf-m16-variants-menusar/

I think it's a photograph from 2012 or 2014 so it's not that old.

Attached: optics autism.png (939x596, 924K)

>Tavor is issued to elite units like the Airborne and Sayeret Matkal but not issued en masse owing to its high manufacturing cost
Wrong. IDF Paratroopers are still using M4s. Sayeret Matkal aswell as far as I know. The X95 is in use with the Golani, Nahal, and Givati brigades which are all regular infantry brigades.
>I think it's a photograph from 2012 or 2014 so it's not that old.
The gear is way too old to be 2012-2014. Particulary that M16 carry handle ACOG set up.

Attached: idf x95.jpg (1080x810, 108K)