Ex firearms enthusiast here...

Ex firearms enthusiast here. What will you guys do when you realize you’ve wasted such an astronomical amount on money and time buying collecting and shooting your guns. At what point do you say “what am I doing?”

Attached: 7E042806-C7C8-4D02-84CA-1BF488E94460.jpg (600x600, 52K)

What do you do now? Everything you do is a waste. You will die.

save the guns and let them become old relics of the current year
imagine what firearms will look like 200 years from now

That will never happen. They are a part of my being.

Same thing I did with video games. I spent less and enjoyed what I had more, while balancing my life with other things.

I'll bite. What else am I going to do with the money? Invest in a different hobby? Same shit

I travel now. Never been happier.

How much has everyone in here spent on ammunition alone?

Good for you, but you know you can both enjoy guns and travel, they're not exclusive

Then why do you spend time shitposting on interest boards for hobbies that no longger interest you? Doesn't sound like something a happy person would do.

>What will you do when you realize you’ve wasted such an astronomical amount on money and time on useless "experiences" that gain you nothing real? At what point do you say “what am I doing?”

Protip: you were never into guns. You bought and shot them because you wanted to fit in with a group, like Jow Forums or a group of people in real life.

I don't think that'll happen but if it does I'll be glad I got so much enjoyment out of the sport and hobby

Then I'll either sell my guns, hang onto them as a collection or pass them down to my kids

Just because you stop enjoying something doesn't mean all the time you did enjoy it was wasted OP

>there are people that like things i don't like and they even spend money on those things! when will they ask themselves "what am i doing with these things that OP doesn't like?"

Attached: 0934g_01_common_sage.jpg (387x387, 62K)

I still own guns. I just don’t waste money throwing lead into dirt birms anymore.

>it's a waste of money to use something for the purpose it was designed for
cmon man

I have a mighty need

Attached: IMG_0700.png (1000x431, 363K)

Isn’t it though?

What's the point then?

You know you can be married AND still eat meat.

How much money have you spent in the last year, or 5, on your hobby?

As opposed to spending it on what, exactly?

Cool thing about guns is that they are easy to sell, even make money on them. If I got completely out of guns I would be out thag much money on the whole. Not bad for all the entertainment

Are weapons your only hobby?
There is so much shit you could do.
And even more when you combine multiple hobbies that you have.

im an american. there is literally no reason for me to travel anywhere else because anywhere else is by definition, inferior.

here's your (you) now die in a fire.

>“I have a tool that requires practice to stay proficient with but I never want to practice.”
‘k

So, let me guess, we should all waste our money on vacations instead, because you're just such a genius and you have it all figured out.

Funny how the "I'm an ex-X crowd, you should stop doing X and start doing Y instead" crowd never argues for a hobby they don't share. They always say their particular life choice is the right one.

I did buy a new vehicle with all money I got from selling guns. Pretty neat huh?

>realize you’ve wasted such an astronomical amount on money
90% of my guns are now worth significantly more than what i paid for them. i would say they were my best investment, but my bonds have been crazy lately.

If you have these thoughts you were never an enthusiast to start with. You just enjoyed the gratification you got from others valitation of your purchases.

Never said that. I’m just wondering at what point do you say “holy fuck that’s a lot of money” and cut back on said hobby.. I’m not telling you or anyone how to live their lives bub. And what other hobbies do you guys have to moderate spending on 1 hobby?

It's trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.

Probably more than you can afford

How much can you afford?

At what point do you look at how much money you've spent on travel and decide that it's been wasted? What if your hobby is working on cars? Or flying light aircraft?

Not really. You wasted your profits on depreciation.

Enough to where I don't really need to think about the costs of doing things I like. Not being a poorfag is cool like that.

>Ex firearms enthusiast here
Not possible. Just a poor troll attempt.

Sage & Hide

Attached: 1528689919423.jpg (363x364, 22K)

Ex traveling enthusiast here. What will you do when you realize you’ve wasted such an astronomical amount on money and time traveling around to see the world. At what point do you say “what am I doing?”

Not really. Cars don't interest me.

>needing to sell your stuff in order to buy a new car
wow. that sucks. have you tried not being poor?

When I freeze to death in the arctic

Good luck selling your experiences. At least the the guy that bought a new car from his gun sales has something he can trade.

>You bought and shot them because you wanted to fit in with a group

You’ve nailed it, user. OP is a woman. She did guns for a while, because it got her attention. Then all the guys caught on thst she was just doing it for the irl (you)s, so she had to go elsewhere to get the same attention. Hence, the travel.

Why do you even worry about this? Do you really care how much I spend on my hobbies? I’ve got nearly $75 tied up in my Barbie doll collection, how does that make you feel?

>I travel now

That’s ecologically unsound. Do the calculations, you’ll find you have the same carbon footprint as a forest fire. People like you are killing off the polar bears.

The trick is to mix it with other things I enjoy doing, like hiking, canoeing, and fishing. I love spending an day in the wilderness, and periodically setting up targets and shooting at them. If all I did was shooting at a range, I'd hate it.

>I’m not telling you or anyone how to live their lives bub.
>What will you guys do when you realize you’ve wasted such an astronomical amount on money and time buying collecting and shooting your guns.
Which is it? To say that calling people's hobby "a waste of money and time", isn't telling them to stop is being disingenuous. And who are you to judge anyone else's financial state in the first place?

>At what point do you say “what am I doing?”
I don't spend my gun money foolishly on guns I won't care about later. I'm extremely picky about what I drop money on.
It's not a problem I'll ever have because I value them more as eye candy than actual shooters anyway.

I don't care, that's my hobby.

>At what point do you say “what am I doing?”
Not even when I'm dead.

This. If you enjoyed the time and money you spent on it, it wasn't a waste.

Not OP, but holy fuck you're retarded.

1000%this

I'm actually getting a table at the next gunshow and selling my entire arsenal except for my favorite full size pistol and my beater carry gun.
I'm planning to go live abroad for a couple years and will give them to my parents (huge gun nuts themselves) for safekeeping in their safe.

>Ex Firearms enthusiast
You were never an enthusiast. You had a hobby. That's it.

Attached: 1523071638846.png (792x593, 495K)

SHALL

I been enjoying my guns for a while. I just take breaks. I have my vidya, my violin, my sketchbook, and my friends.

If all you do is gun hoard then you will get burned out.
I've never been a "gun enthusiast".
I've been a shooting enthusiast.
When I am no longer able, I will give them all to my kids (they should be old enough)

It's just a hobby to me