About to pull the trigger on a surplus Star BM for 220~ including the cardboard box, extra mag, and holster

About to pull the trigger on a surplus Star BM for 220~ including the cardboard box, extra mag, and holster.

What's the Jow Forums concensus on these things? I dig the aesthetics and I'm sure if I don't love how it shoots I'll be able to flip it in a few years so seems like a good purchase for giggles.

Attached: image495458-4240816e46c321ce81d1f2d8ff5e375d.png (504x475, 414K)

Practically all Spanish made guns are garbage

If im remembering right they have some problems due to being literally disassembled, parts sorted but thrown into mass buckets, and then randomly being put back together.
This can range from being a literal lemon to being a perfectly fine pistol.
The most common problem is the extractor can be fucky but those are easy enough to source, and instances of lemons and too unfit for firing examples are so low it's nbd

tl;dr it's an okay 9mm handgun in an outdated design. Cute, shoots, and not much more than you need. Good price for 220

I think you're thinking of the original Model Bs that were bought by the Germans in WW2 and given the old Russian Capture treatment. Most Stars never went through any such process.

they're great

not ideal for carry tho

Star made p good guns tbqh.

It's a nigger gun, son

Not a bad gun by any means, but if you can inspect it before you buy it, do so. Try to find one with the least amount of wear as possible to avoid issues. They field strip pretty easy.
Don't dry fire it unless you have snap caps.
The iron sights on mine are spot-on.

Attached: 20180711_192533.jpg (2576x1932, 1.58M)

Attached: 20180711_192620.jpg (2576x1932, 1.48M)

I love mine. The weight for the round and overall size is great. Hammer is not the easiest thing in the world to put back in when you detail disassemble and anything not fmj will have a rough time but other than that it's great

Excellent price for the gun. Take it to a gunsmith.

Trigger is great, safety is LOUD.

>a literal lemon

Attached: Inigo Montoya.jpg (625x625, 170K)

Impressed by your digits, Mr. Satan.

Attached: 1531352035842.jpg (2576x1932, 1.3M)

not really.
stars and astras are fine.

Only star pistols worth buying IMO would be the firestars

genuinely impressed they were able to make a lemon out of a bunch of gun parts. that's some next level alchemy.

Do it. I love mine, going to reblue it to a mirrored finish and make some new grips for it and shoot it once or twice a year. They're pretty guns all made up nice, downsides being spare parts and the pita it is to put the hammer back in after a detail strip. Mine has some dings so it may be true about the Spanish steel thing but they're not really noticeable. For me it just makes a neat, fun to shoot gun and an easy project.

is there a problem with the extractor on these or on the mags? I sometimes get failure to feeds with mine. its a nice gun though. anyone know of good holsters for them?

Id go ahead and get one before they dry up.

Expect to never find replacement parts