Academy has just reached a Dicks-tier level of retard. Fuck this lawyer driven way of life

Academy has just reached a Dicks-tier level of retard. Fuck this lawyer driven way of life.

foxnews.com/us/2018/07/11/academy-sports-manager-fired-weeks-after-intercepting-gun-thief-suspect-in-florida-store-lawyer-says.amp.html

Attached: 1527639315149.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbs46.com/story/37159366/5-arrested-in-dicks-sporting-goods-gun-burglary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Soooo is there a petition or gofundme ot blowing up of academys twitter?

I work in retail. Shit like this is becoming increasingly more common all around the country as stores and companies are trying to take a more aggressive stance against employees who break company rules. Some of these biggest rules are that employees are not allowed to do anything to the """customers""" for any reason, which is why my store has been seeing counts of larceny on the rise (especially during Summer) and I fear it'll only get worse. Much worse.

Whatever, though. I make good money working part-time at my shithole and when my store finally does get robbed I'm shooting that fucker dead, lawyering up, and walking out to greener pastures. "No weapons allowed" my ass.

That a very common policy in retail establishments across the US. The employees of most places are pretty much unable to stop anyone from leaving the store besides by asking the person to stop or by calling the police. Incidents like this happen all the time and companies try to keep themselves from getting sued by the perpetrators by disallowing employees from stopping them. Of course, most of the people who do shoplift don't get off scot-free for long since the police always get involved but most companies will take a hit or two before having the police catch a guy.

This isn't anti-gun, and is absolutely nothing like dicks though.
They fired a guy for stopping a nigger from stealing because he touched the nigger. The couple hundred dollars they'd lose from him stealing the gun are a lot less than what they could potentially lose in a lawsuit, so the employee was a liability to them.
It's purely a business decision.

>It's purely a business decision
>Stealing isn't wrong, getting sued is wrong

You're the problem.

I imagine the good publicity they would have gotten by keeping the guy and giving him some sort of corporate award would far weigh the cost of a potential lawsuit by some dindu.

If something is effectively the law, it is the law.

did I say it was right?
I just said it was purely a business decision.

Trips of truth. Having balls is against social norma tho.

Keep licking that boot.

you imagine wrong. This guy's story will be forgotten by 90% of people that heard it within a day, regardless of if he was treated as a hero or as a liability.

I'm not sure you really know what that means. I'm just explaining that it was a decision based purely on money, not that it's how things should be.
I think employees should be allowed to detain shoplifters.

In time, due to liability and shareholder pressure, all corporate gun and ammo retailers are going to be become, by this board's definition, anti-gun. They'll still sell guns, but fudd stuff only, and they will impose voluntary regulations, up to and including private background checks, that exceed those mandated by the ATF and states. AR-15's and the like will only be available through online orders or independent shops. It's a simple liability dodge for the corporates, and its inevitable. Through my work I regularly deal with counsel for Walmart's firearms division, and they are going to roll out an on site digital kiosk for 4473 processing that will also include mandatory fingerprinting, to be kept on WMT's servers for 30 days, and they are going to conduct their own private (the NICS system can't be used for this, by law) background checks on anyone purchasing more than 100 rounds of centerfire rifle ammo or 200 rounds of centerfire pistol ammo. They are also strongly considering requiring proof of hunter's safety course completion or MIL/LEO credentials for ANY firearms purchase.

Attached: 1529194699638.jpg (771x681, 81K)

stores aren't liable for guns they sell. I have no idea what you're going on about.

If they are negligent in securing their guns as established in this policy then it should be considered a straw transfer. They should have liability for anything that later happens with the firearm.

I think it should be treated a little bit differently for someone stealing a gun versus a toaster or similar. What are the odds of a stolen handgun winding up as a murder weapon?

The problem at large is that companies like Dicks and every other company that has their name on Wall Street are, for whatever reason, doggedly against the concept of employees doing anything that might tarnish the reputation of the company.

If a Walgreens employee tackles some tweaker stealing a pack of booze, and the tweaker sues, that opens up a headache for the company they feel could've been avoided by taking the loss of >$30. This also affects the reputation of the store, as the perception now is that the employees would openly harass you if you shop in the store, and that it's the kind of place where you'd find tweakers stealing shit (regardless of whether people know this or not). Companies like these makes so much money from honest shoppers they're actually not worried in the slightest about any losses that might accrue from theft, however big of a problem it actually is.
It's the reason you see still see CVS and Walgreens and Rite-Aid in the ghetto competing with the tiny bodegas that all get robbed in equal amounts. It's all about profit, and the bean counters did the math.

Attached: 1402781026119.jpg (558x640, 35K)

this Unless the store knowingly sells to a person who cannot own a firearm, or has indicated they plan to commit a crime with said firearm, the store can't be held liable.

Wrong. Just like and mentioned stores are very liable for guns that are sold or lost, though this applies only to certain states and counties. Depending on where you live, it might or might not be profitable to open up a firearms store since some states don't see the stores liable for the usage of the firearms that are sold. I can't say 100% what the books say on stolen firearms, though.

>If they are negligent in securing their guns as established in this policy then it should be considered a straw transfer.
Why? If they call the police and report the gun stolen, anything it's used for after that isn't legally their responsibility.

>stores are very liable for guns that are sold or lost
if they did everything by the books, I don't see how that makes any sense. I'm gonna need some kind of citation on that.

>100 rounds of centerfire rifle ammo or 200 rounds of centerfire pistol ammo.
Why the fuck would it be a lower amount for rifles than handguns?

because fuck walmart.

Having a publicly stated policy that you can just come take a gun whenever you feel like it without any effort at theft prevention is crossing over the line of reasonableness. They are acting as a straw agent for the criminal community in general.

Not him, but I think its because people who dont understand firearms (The Regulators, government or company) They think
>Duuuh, Rifle more powerful than pistol
>Pistol less dangerous
>They can have more pistol ammo lul

In my home state of Indiana those with LGS and FFL owners are protected in the even that a firearm that was willingly and knowingly sold to a person who then uses it for unlawful purposes or a crime and shit. If shit is stolen you have to clear it with the proper channels but otherwise you're golden in that case as well.

please stop posting. you sound dumber with each post.

God I hate people.

>suspects name
>White
>White
>White
KEK

Attached: 1530884853952.gif (225x225, 117K)

It's because 200 rounds of pistol ammo is pretty easy to expend in a single range trip. 200 rounds of rifle ammo is a fairly tall order unless we're talking 5.56 or other intermediate cartridges.

That's not exactly what's going on. Close, but you missed the point by a mile.

The policies they put in place cuck the employees from taking the necessary measures to prevent these situations from happening in the first place. Employees who try to protect company assets are reprimanded and terminated from their jobs instead of rewarded for doing the "right" thing because the public perception of a store and it's employees is more important than the loss in profit from theft, not to mention these companies want to be protected on all sides from litigation due to employee conduct.

Not an argument.

Attached: digits.jpg (474x474, 12K)

>retail
>spending anything more than the bare amount of money on anything
>much less setting up servers, paying for digital storage, and running private background checks
>while generating the possibly of lawsuits for incorrect results and data breaches
A blanket quantity limit costs nothing.

Here's how it works, if the employee detains the customer without evidence of shoplifting, even if they're actually shoplifting, then they can get sued. If the employee detains the customer and they're not shoplifting, then they can get sued. If the employee detains the customer and the customer gets injured, they can get sued. If the employee detains the customer and employee gets injured, they can get sued. There is very little a single person can easily steal that would cost more than legal expenses generated dealing with the fallout and things that do cost that much are kept behind lock and key. Large retailers have loss prevention departments or contracted security with liability insurance to cover interacting with shoplifters.

I wouldn't even buy 200+ round of rifle ammo from Walmart that isn't .223.

>implying both stealing and getting sued aren't both bad.
This isn't a binary choice we're looking at here. He's not a cop, he's a clerk at a sporting goods store. His actions were noble, but when you sign the contract it's pretty unlikely there's a clause in there about heroic acts saving your ass from liability. If the company wants to reward his actions, than good. If not, then it's well within their rights to do with him as they see fit within the terms of his employment. This is how capitalism works, friendo. You can save 1000 babies from a burning hospital, but if you're just some schmuck janitor and not a trained childcare professional then you can bet your ass you won't be returning to that job.

>the public perception of a store and it's employees is more important than the loss in profit from theft
That is an assumption. Can you prove that is the intent?

you're right, it's much more likely the store is trying to lose money and arm niggers to get nothing at all in return.

Fair enough, and Walmart wants to background check you for it because, like it or not, 5.56 is the mass shooter's round of choice. The sad fact is, strictly speaking, 100 rounds of rifle ammo is 'excessive' or at least high. According to the NSSF, the average rifle owner purchases only 50 rounds per year per rifle and fires less than 30.

>It's because 200 rounds of pistol ammo is pretty easy to expend in a single range trip. 200 rounds of rifle ammo is a fairly tall order unless we're talking 5.56 or other intermediate cartridges.

you don't shoot, please stop

>like it or not, 5.56 is the mass shooter's round of choice
it's not. put the koolaid down.

>According to the NSSF, the average rifle owner purchases only 50 rounds per year per rifle and fires less than 30.
Fucking normies.

Attached: 3UUOyvE.jpg (312x342, 85K)

Perhaps not likely but tomes have been written about such intent. Certainly it is not impossible that someone has taken the theory to practice.
>John Noveske: Killed by Indians

It's hunters. Once their rifle is sighted in it's good pretty much indefinitely unless dropped or poorly stored. Most deer hunters I know do one range trip and fire like 5 rounds to confirm rifle function and zero and then go home.

I have a deer rifle I’ve barley shot more than a box or two of ammo though.

Hey guys I work in retail and I'm fairly certain that one of these days I'm going to die thanks to these fucking redguards popping in and out of here. With places like this, it's not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". Does anyone know of a reliable CC that's easy to conceal under your average Wally World polo?

And before you ask, yeah I know I'm going to be in a world of hurt. I'd rather go down fighting, though.

Attached: 1408737649455.jpg (624x336, 188K)

I work as an Assistant Manager at Walgreens. I can verify that the company doesn't give a straight fuck about loss prevention unless our figures go up and down in a weird way. Last time I stopped someone they had the HR department involved and it was a nightmare.

Carry a .22 derringer in your prison pocket

Thanks I'll try that.
Seriously though.

Attached: 1364514115915.png (720x540, 550K)

I just ordered a bunch of ammo from them. What's a different good site that can give me cheap bullet?

Attached: 1530905963033.jpg (640x355, 23K)

You say that like it’s a good thing you queer

>Wally World
find a different job. even target is better.

they're not anti-gun though. they're just your average large corporation.

>Stop criminal from sealing gun with ammo which he would later either rob, rape or kill someone with.
>Get fired

Attached: 1250446641962.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

Some company legal exec pissed himself at the thought of a lawsuit, who clearly doesn't have a clue how FFL's work, because they can get major fines for failure to secure their firearm inventory. The good thing is if the employee sues he will most likely win as long as his lawyer can prove that preventing a firearm from being stolen was in the best interests of the law, the company, and the public at large

>Just a couple hundred dollars
>Nigger uses gun in a crime
>Gets traced back to Academy
I life is more important than losing some money, Academy is going to end up losing a shit load of money over this compared to what they would have to deal with if the nigger tried to sue you fucking piece of shit.

My friend works as a greeter at Wal-Mart.
Dude has told me some wild stories about shoplifters and druggies in there.

>I life is more important than losing some money
you don't understand business then.

>Academy is going to end up losing a shit load of money over this compared to what they would have to deal with if the nigger tried to sue you fucking piece of shit.
care to explain how?

is he a retard? I don't think I've seen a walmart greeter without a mental disability.

It's a short sighted business decision from someone without legal experience pertaining to firearms, failure to secure their gun inventory can lead to MAJOR problems, and it's nearly 100% guaranteed that the ATF shows up to look at the books and audit whenever a gun is stolen - which would shut down gun sales at that location for 1+ days - if some sort of impropriety is discovered or inadequate storage, then the ATF conducts a regional investigation, auditing every store in the area as well as distribution.

All the employee needs to do is sue and have a lawyer versed in firearms law prove that stopping the theft was in the best interests of the law, the company and the public at large, and he gets a big fat settlement

Nah, dude's an engineering student.

That's ultimately the point. The ATF will come look at books with JUST a reported theft, something like that would cause a full investigatory Audit, shutting down sales for several days - and if they find issues that audit spreads to every store in the region, costing them millions of dollars

No where near dicks level, and it's SOP for anything retail. It's not the employees job to put their lives at risk.

If they employee gets hurt, they can sue, of the perp gets hurt, they WILL sue, if the employee stops somebody who was robbing and hurts them and they dindu nuffin oh god the lawsuits.

Unless you are actively being threatened, as in this robbery is going to turn into a murder, you are just supposed to give them what they want and make the cops earn their check.

Don't belive me? Go to any place, put your finger under your jacket, say give me what's in the register and watch as the employee opens it right up and steps back.

Not. Their. Job.

>ATF
>Doing their job at a giant retail store with its own lawyers on call.

No. ATF won't do anything. You know this. I know this.

>a single theft will cost them millions
Lolno

>Go to any place, put your finger under your jacket, say give me what's in the register and watch as the employee opens it right up and steps back.

Attached: fbi-post-your-pepes-6239241.png (500x652, 65K)

>FBI caring about 100 dollars out of a register.

You won't even be caught unless you are full retard. You will become a worthless nigger, but there you go.

>You will become a nigger worth $100
Ftfy

>Implying enough thefts or Academy sold guns from a particular location used in crime won't cause them to start poking around

Here's a story where 5 handguns were stolen from once at a Dick's, the ATF apprehended the suspects, you bet your ass they poked around and looked at their books

cbs46.com/story/37159366/5-arrested-in-dicks-sporting-goods-gun-burglary

>enough thefts
This is one theft.

>Lawyers
>Stopping an FFL book check
>When the ATF can walk into the FFL's place of business during operating hours and demand to see the books

I bet your ass they did too. That's not millions. Sales were not shit down, all they did was open the filing cabinet and said "go at it".

>1 theft of 5 low value handguns
Immediate ATF Involvement

See
They would stop the ATF from shutting them down, which is what the post implied due to losses.

Yes, but that's not what happened at academy. One nigger tried to steal one gun.

>Implying that won't hold up sales or deter customers when uniformed ATF agents are going through the bound book, examining records and computers, and probably observing sales

>Walk into chain gun store section
>5-10 ATF agents poking around, checking records and computers, a few going over the bound book with the firearms manager who is on the phone with the FFL holder, snapping pictures, observing customers, asking questions
>Don't immediately turn 480 degrees and walk the fuck out

It won't hold up sales at all, you tard. The book is also in the back, sir tardo.

>immediately turn 480 degrees and walk the fuck out
But then you'd be pointed at a wall and probably run into it instead dog going through a door.

>walk into cambodian fish market forum
>see this post again
>turn 840 degrees and walk out

Most mass shooters aren't using 5.56 jesus fucking christ.

Shit I fired about 120 yesterday

I work part time in a small retail chain and when some guy took off with two $250 Miluakee drill, a co-worker and myself took off running after him. He jumped in a car and floored it before we could tackle him. When we were talking to the police and our managers after the fact, we were told not to apprehend them ourselves since if they pulled a gun or knife, the drills or whatever weren't worth our lives. The stores have insurance for that kind of thing.

Being convicted of a felony should both bar you from ever filing a lawsuit for ANY reason and disallow you from ever being considered a victim in any lawsuit. Better yet, lawyers and litigation should be banned altogether.

Accidentally driving into certain states with an AR would be a felony.

ruger lcp. small and good for 10 ft of shooting

Back in my day trolling meant something.