I’m an Australian, and I’ve got this lying around. Can someone tell me what it is?

I’m an Australian, and I’ve got this lying around. Can someone tell me what it is?

Attached: 2E8278A0-2ED1-4F59-B2EF-5F112EA383AA.jpg (3264x2448, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTMef0yhmyA
youtu.be/QZCVQMEwlT0
themonthly.com.au/issue/2009/november/1330478364/tony-roberts/brutal-truth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably a felony on your island, m8

doubt it, it is black powder.
you might not have to register it, at least its that way in us and europe

Looks like an Ole Bess

It’s a caplock muzzle loader. No registration nessaasry if I remember correctly. They are ok, I prefer flint locks.

OP from PC here. It's unloaded as far as I know, won't fire, though it seems to have something powdery inside. Maybe dirt.

I don't know anything about Australia, but this is a comfy marching song.
youtube.com/watch?v=yTMef0yhmyA

Also, the caplock clicks back two times, which is strange to me at least.

That's normal. How can you be so stupid

Looks like a brown bess but has a caplock instead of a flintlock, so my next best guess is a Brunswick rifle, obviously British whatever it is and probably from the late colonial days. Should check what caliber it is, it might help narrow things down, it won't have it marked you just have to measure it yourself.

do you have a license for that?

I don’t into guns. I’m not much of a Jow Forumsommando.

Nope!

I think you should be safe, as long as it's actually an antique, made before 01/01/1901, pretty sure that's the cut off. I think if it's made after that date, it counts as a category B firearm.

Attached: QLD.png (735x183, 7K)

I don’t know how to measure calibers, and I don’t think I have the tools, but I’ll look that one up anyway.

>have to get a loisense for muzzle loaders
i want to kill myself over this and i don't even live their

It looks nothing like a Brown Bess or Brunswick rifle. The lock is a totally different shape as is the stock and barrel.

It looks like a generic 1830’s/40’s/50’s approx. 13ga muzzleloading shotgun. Plenty of them around in most former British colonies. Chances are it’s Belgian or British made. If the lock has no makers mark, remove the barrel by driving the wedge out and removing the ramrod and inspect the bottom of the breach. Nice to see it has an intact ramrod.

Nope felony mufuka

I have absolutely no clue about any of that terminology, I'm afraid.

its an abboslayer 9000

its a hawken/plains type rifle you mongrels, looks nothing like a brown bess

Old

They typically have a "half-cock" notch to allow you to load a cap without the trigger being able to drop the hammer until it's fully cocked.

Also, most muzzle loaders would be stored loaded with no cap on it because of the length of time needed to load it.

If you decide to fire it, DON'T load it first. You may have to have someone check and see if it was left loaded and--if so--use a tool to pull the ball/bullet/shot out and clean out the old powder first.

I've been digging around some more and this is the closest example I can find to OP's. And this one is an American caplock 12 gauge black powder smoothbore.

Attached: acfed30.jpg (640x480, 55K)

there u go

youtu.be/QZCVQMEwlT0

Also, you can get an idea if it's loaded or not by using the ramrod to estimate how much space between the rear of the barrel and the breech. If it's a fraction of an inch, it's probably empty. You can see if you can clean the hole between the cap nipple and the breach with a pipe-cleaner and then see if you can see light through the hole with a very bright light held to it.

If the depth unaccounted for is an inch or so, it still might have old powder and a ball in there and you're going to probably need to have it removed by someone who has a better idea of how to do it.

Blackpowder 12g shotgun. Made around 1850

It is a great sample though. Pity you can't supply a pic of the lock close up.

Fuck you're dumb. Depending on what state you live in black powder weapons from before 1900 under a certain cailber are legal without a licence.

>Can someone tell me what it is?

halfstock percussion fowling piece in good condition. Post name on lock plate please, possibly a conversion of a surplus military arm for sporting purposes by the removal of the full stock and fixing braising of the ramrod rings. Second half of 19th century, fairly common but in nice condition.

Muzzle loaders need no registration

Silver mounts on barrel pin and cap. What proof marks are on the barrel. To see, remove barrel pin (see little silver oval on stock, remove ramrod and barrel will just unhook and come off. I'm betting Brirminham, probably with gague although could be liege. The maker on the lockplate will determine value

Attached: IMG_0088.jpg (494x455, 86K)

O and remember to put the hammer at half cock before to take the barrel off. Do not overclean this, it is already in good condition.
Marks will be on the bottom or left of the stocked end of the barrel

Attached: Early-London-Proof-Mark.png (500x349, 58K)

my grandfather called it "the chimp's destroyer".

I'd be surprised if it is not with one on the the proof marks in the three pics I've posted. These will allow exact dating. The gauge may not be 12, it may be 13 or 11 etc it may be marked on the barrel with the proof

Attached: 285985471.jpg (355x520, 19K)

Sadly there were a great deal of outright massacres, however these were later with bpcr sniders mostly

The men, in pairs, formed a half-circle around the sleeping camp – some of them as close as 20 metres. On the far side of the camp was a sheer, 150-metre drop. The numerous small fires were evidence of a large number of people. Curtis said he would fire first, as soon as it was light enough to see. Shooting sleeping victims at first light was a standard method. Exhausted, the occupants of the camp slept soundly. But, at times, according to Gaunt, “we could hear a piccaninny cry and the lubra crooning to it.” When it was finally light enough to see, an Aboriginal man sat up and stretched his arms.

"Smith fired and the police boy with me fired at the sitting Abo. The black bounced off the ground and fell over into the fire, stone dead. Then pande-monium started. Blacks were rushing to all points only to be driven back with a deadly fire … One big Abo, over six feet, rushed toward the boy and I. I dropped him in his tracks with a well-directed shot. Later on, when we went through the camp to count the dead and despatch the wounded, I walked over to this big Abo and was astonished to find, instead of a buck, that it was a splendidly built young lubra about, I should judge, sixteen or eighteen years of age. The bullet had struck her on the bridge of the nose and penetrated to the brain. She never knew what hit her … When the melee was over we counted fifty-two dead and mortally wounded. For mercy’s sake, we despatched the wounded. Twelve more we found at the foot of the cliff fearfully mangled.

themonthly.com.au/issue/2009/november/1330478364/tony-roberts/brutal-truth

>i want to kill myself over this
Maybe you should, the world already has enough ignorant fucktards as it is.

last probable is St.Etienne

Attached: French-Proof-Mark-1.png (500x199, 15K)

Looks like a gun

New made reproductions quite often (and stupidly) need a licence in quite a few places believe it or not. This is not however a reproduction. I have handled quite a few like it.

Post the proof marks and lock please OP

Under what caliber? That looks somewhere between .50 and .60
Kek, Strayans can't even own antique muskets!

Anything that's black powder, isn't an artillery piece, and manufactured before 1901 is considered an antique and doesn't require a licence.

Stop being an insufferable cunt.

That’s a mandatory prison sentence if you live in QLD.

Attached: A15BF0E1-6A22-4EDA-85A7-1F20F06EA064.jpg (611x625, 127K)

It's an antique, so it doesn't require a licence to own.

It's probably unregistered but if OP takes it to the cops they can probably apply to have it registered without any risk of a prison sentence or a fine.

Please stop spreading disinfo.

>takes it to the cops
ASIO pls go

It looks like a Ketland musket OP. Show a pic of the other side.

Attached: 1515515649596.jpg (831x768, 43K)

Most muzzle loaders don't even have serial numbers...

It gives you a base to research from. Spoonfeed yourself. Faggot.

Attached: C5C68809-613B-470A-8744-A82CE93A226D.gif (508x381, 554K)

Nah, I'm good.

Attached: Screenshot_20180712-095619~2.png (1080x932, 329K)

Is this screenshot meant to prove anything?

You might need to improve your reading comprehension.

It means that some Australians face regulations for BP firearms and ALL have to register them. And calm down, ffs. It's just Jow Forums.

Where did I say that there weren't regulations?

>Implying Jow Forums isn't the perfect place to get into fits of autistic rage about inconsequential shit.

You're wrong, buddy.

>It looks like a Ketland musket OP. Show a pic of the other side.

it is NOT a ketland musket, by the way most arms market ketland in the US are fakes and they are flintlocks not percussion side lock fowling pieces.

About... what?

Not all antiques have to be registered.

Hide it faggot, do it quick

Attached: 1530326299970.jpg (374x503, 45K)

Just so you know, your country's laws are scum and you should feel bad for living there.

I should feel bad for something I have no control over?

By the way, for all those people asking for closer/alternate shots and to disassemble it, I’ll see what I can do tomorrow; it is 5 AM in upside down time, so not now.

Queensland doesn't require registration for antique longarms, however antique pistols do require it.

Attached: _20180713_050216.jpg (2160x2543, 253K)

a gun

You need one for Airsoft guns too, same category as rimfire

OP is from Australia, not the U.S. you stupid fuck.

He's talking about Australia...

Kek

Freedom, cunt

Jesus Christ! It's a double barreled shotgun/cap-lock.
Can you please pull your head out your arse?

OK Poofta, you've had enough to drink for one week

Make sure you're actually right before calling someone a stupid fuck.

I was talking about Australia.

You stupid fuck.

Attached: 1528935252028.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Uhm no, it's a single barrel bp caplock shotgun.

forgot pic

Attached: acfed35.jpg (640x480, 60K)