ITT We design weapons we can make at home

Hey Jow Forums, I woke up in a cold sweat and had the strong desire to design a shitty gun. It's a magazine fed slamfire repeater and I didn't take time to do anything other than make a shitty gif on MS Paint.
I want to see some other designs, be critiqued on mine, and basically just shitpost our own retarded weapon ideas that we could reasonably attempt to make. Entertain me.

Attached: shitty slamfire repeater idea.gif (800x600, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/28/the-worlds-simplest-smg/
modernfirearms.net/en/assault-rifles/u-s-a-assault-rifles/trw-lmr-eng/
forgottenweapons.com/rifles/trw-low-maintenance-rifle/
forgottenweapons.com/british-308-sterling-prototype/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2 pipes, a small nail, JB weld, and an end cap.

If thread is still active tomorrow I'll try and come up with some abominations but I'll bump it with some guides I have

Attached: diy trigger mechanism.jpg (1614x1215, 559K)

Attached: improvised shotgun guide.jpg (1071x5782, 963K)

Attached: slam fire.jpg (1330x800, 164K)

>inb4 atf

Attached: 1502423885880.jpg (1325x4529, 1.37M)

atf nigger

Attached: .22 zipgun.jpg (383x1024, 85K)

Attached: 4 winds diagram 2.gif (720x2304, 437K)

Attached: 4 winds diagram.jpg (724x1024, 102K)

Attached: 9mm zip gun.jpg (1301x7624, 3.42M)

Attached: spring assisted 4 winds .jpg (960x720, 514K)

Attached: supressed .22 pistol 1.png (886x3652, 855K)

Attached: suppressed .22 pistol 2.png (886x2965, 918K)

Attached: tube gun .png (800x600, 9K)

im guessing this is royal nonesuch?

Why not just add a trigger that blocks the path of the bolt?
A strong ass spring, like AK hammer spring would be enough strength for the trigger to have enough force to block the bolt.

the hardest part isnt even making a gun. if there are guns just buy one.
if there are places with no guns, you can get ammo anyway

To be a fair a tube gun isn't designed to be a range toy or be fun to fire
It's usually a weapon employed by criminal, terrorist or insurgent groups as a cheap automatic or in the case of that design, burst fire weapon

I’m building it.
What’s the best caliber for a full auto gun?
My mind says 9mm, but my heart says 10mm

Update, a caliber in glock mags.
I’m going to do some modifications to the design. I hope I’ll remember tomorrow, so I can do this.

Pipe guns are largely reliant on what you can find in hardware stores unless you want to get crazy and machine your own barrel
Do my knowledge there is no generally available pipe that will fit a 9 or 10mm round
I do however know of several pipes that will fit several different pistol rounds
please give me a moment to rifle through my desk drawer to find my data

thats pretty cool, i love how simple it *seems*. I've been wanting to build a 12 gauge version of a nock volley gun ever since I saw Ian's video on it. great thread op

Attached: nock volley gun 2018(1).png (2955x840, 18K)

I kind of fucked up the hammer where it connects to the trigger, but its based off of pic related, just with a large hammer "claw" for seven chambers instead of one or two

Attached: auto-cocking.jpg (360x333, 21K)

Alright
9MM FLOBERT
1/4IN SCH. 40 AS BARREL, 1/2IN AS CHAMBER PIPE CAN BE REAMED FOR .38 SPECIAL
.22 WMR
1/8IN SCH. 40 AS BARREL, 3/8in SCH.80 AS RECIEVER PIPE
CHAMBER CAN BE REAMED FOR .25 ACP
.22LR
1/8IN SCH. 80, 3/8IN SCH.80
CHAMBER MUST BE REAMED
Can post data for various different shotgun shells if anyone wants it

>rip your shoulder
Do it

1/2 in pipe for 9mm flobert has to be schedule 80

Alright. Fuck going with pipe gun then.
I’m going to go with an AR barrel. Because why not? I’m not on a time frame, so I don’t see a problem.

How will extracting the round work? Will powder just push it out of the way of the next round?
I’m going to sleep, going to come back tomorrow.

Meant to say unburnt powder.
I guess I’ll just have a little hook on the bolt to catch the rim of the bullet.
A little hook to bounce it through an ejector hole.

I’m thinking about a sideways magazine, for a grip point, and a charging handle on top of the gun. Like the Famas, but with an autistic magazine.

I dont really know what to do about recoil. Im hoping the stock springs will help somewhat with that but it just might not be possible to use for any real period of time. i guess we'll find out, I'll start a thread when I build it in november

Muzzle break?
Have it fire in a sequence?

I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶m̶u̶z̶z̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶i̶l̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶m̶u̶z̶z̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ im a full-blown retard
that's a really good suggestion definitely adding it in. If by firing in sequence you mean one trigger pull, then all barrels fire spaced out by less than a second or something, that sounds beyond my engineering capabilities. Also I just want them to fire at the same time, like the original idea.

S P A C E M U S K E T

Attached: uhhh.png (4950x1835, 87K)

OP, what if you couldn't pull the barrel fast enough for primer to trigger?

what are you talking about? there is no trigger, the firing pin is fixed and doesnt move in any way

He's saying what if you don't pull the barrel back hard enough for the firing pin to end the primer and trigger the round you autist. Which is also a dumb question. If you fail once, try, try, try again.

This is the absolute simplest design I could come up within an hour.
I have 0 knowledge on guns and I don't know what anything is called but I do know something about machining and this is so simple that any hobbyist could make it on a Chinese mill and lathe.

Attached: dumb gun.png (1992x1008, 203K)

Pepe liberator.

>No locking mechanism
This kills the fingers.

It has a pin at the bottom but it is hard to see

That's a neat idea, OP. Perhaps you could try to make a prototype?

Follow your heart user.

Just buy an M12 or M16 bolt for .22, and M20 for 9mm. Use a drill to make the bolt into a barrel.

Attached: Concept1.png (1920x1080, 166K)

Attached: Concept2.png (1920x1080, 205K)

How are shells ejected from the chamber?

Yes, but I think he's talking about the fact you could move the barrel too far forward, causing another round to be pushed up, essentially a double feed. Which could cause the second fed round to be pushed onto the nail if you pulled it back again. It would be 'unchambered' and asplode, potentially asploding the first round still in the pipe.

I didn't notice this before and it would negate the problem I was talking about by ejecting the unfired shell.There appears to be a spring loaded extractor at the top that slips past on rearward travel and grabs the rim when moving forward and pulls it out of the tube.

Thats a good design however you will need machine tools and will not be able to make it out of pipe. Pipe shotgats usually require you to pry out the old shell with a knoife or something. Feeding the shells is also a challenge, you'll have to make the chamber have a feed ramp on the bottom and that will probably make casings blow out and hard to extract.

Would it work?

Attached: smg333333333333536547585333.png (938x888, 163K)

Attached: THUMBFIRESMG.jpg (2240x1811, 211K)

Attached: WSSMG03.jpg (988x738, 85K)

I had the possibly awful idea of using a semi-auto MG-42 grip with the ar trigger and building a Franken-STEN sort of deal.
But feeding from Glock mags. Probably using one of those 50 round drums too, so it would be like a poor man's MP-18. The MG-34 stock is just for fun and I doubt it would actually be ergonomic.
No original parts would be harmed in the making of this monstrosity, except for maybe a bolt. Receiver would be made from 1.5in OD 4130 tubing, with .09-something wall thickness so only a reduced-diameter semi auto bolt will fit.

Attached: STEMG342.jpg (2000x350, 123K)

how does this work? Either the spring to to big to push the bolt through the notch it needs to go through, or the bolt is too big and will get caught on the feedramp.

Sounds pretty cool user. But aren't pistol drum mags notoriously unreliable?

Mostly, yes, but the Korean glockazines are actually said to be quite reliable. Don't have one myself.

Where is the trigger?

Presumably there's a cutout in the bottom of the bolt for the feedramp, just like there's cutouts for the mag lips.

It's the thing that looks like a front sight. You push it down with your left thumb to fire.

Hello.

Attached: low maintenance rifle 1 LMR prototype.jpg (1200x886, 144K)

This thing is beautiful. I love how simple it is. Taking keeping it stupid simple to a whole new level.

Here is a small article that has better pictures. They should help clear up the questions.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/28/the-worlds-simplest-smg/

wish it was made from round tube instead of rectangular tubes.

Precisely the vibe I was going for. I haven't found a proper resource yet to help me design gas systems otherwise I would be trying to re-create the LMR.

>gas system
Are you yanking my dick? Why would you need a gas system in a pistol caliber rifle?

Attached: 1521701763497.jpg (1916x2048, 375K)

Are there anything else? How do you attach the magazine well to the main pipe with only a hacksaw and a drill press (like the article says).

Oh and the LMR itself didn't use a gas system. It's lever delayed like the FAMAS.

Attached: Kiraly delayed blow-back system.gif (640x253, 1.07M)

No, no, no, my design is simple blowback. The gas system would be for a faithful recreation of the LMR which was chambered in 5.56. Hence the STANAG mags and gas tubes in

So every time you fire you would dump the entire magazine? Not practical but pretty funny

Huh, I always thought it was tilting bolt. But then what are those tubes on the side for? HK style cocking tubes?

It has dummy rounds so you can do a three round burst.

>would dump the entire magazine
No, it has duds every fourth rounds, so it fires a three-round burst, then FTFs.

I was right, but only partially. It's gas-operated with a long-stroke piston, but it's roller-locked not tilting bolt.
modernfirearms.net/en/assault-rifles/u-s-a-assault-rifles/trw-lmr-eng/
Second paragraph describes operation.

No wait, I'm the retard. Sorry. The LMR was indeed gas operated. The 7.62 Sterling rifle was lever delayed though, which is even more ridiculous.

forgottenweapons.com/rifles/trw-low-maintenance-rifle/

forgottenweapons.com/british-308-sterling-prototype/

Attached: sterling prototype 762 rifle.jpg (930x405, 60K)

Now I'm getting even more ideas. Maybe I won't build that sterling kit into a pistol after all.

How does semi automatic on an openbolt gun work?

probable some sort of disconnect and reset lever. Pull trigger > drop bolt > disconnect sear > cartridge fires > bolt moves back > trips reset > sear catches bolt.