I just finished watching enemy at the gates for the first time and it was a shit. Complete trash. Waste of my life...

I just finished watching enemy at the gates for the first time and it was a shit. Complete trash. Waste of my life. That sex scene was unnecessary and vulgar.

What other WW1/WW2 movies can I watch and be disappointed by?

Attached: 1478550965675.jpg (2190x3000, 578K)

The end was such trash. When the german major leads the child away to hang him so calmly... what bullshit. The whore is lying on her deathbed, but all of sudden shes not and they love each other.
What about the letter his commisar friend wrote about him being a traitor. Wouldnt he have been gullagged when he got back to the battalion?
christ im so angry,

Attached: 1521351571758.jpg (2052x1329, 1.11M)

>What other WW1/WW2 movies can I watch and be disappointed by?
Pretty much all of them. If they come out of Hollywood then they all have the same perspective.

could it be the jews?

Attached: 1529144548276.gif (480x238, 415K)

The Thin Red Line. Three hours of pretentious mediocrity.

Patton

mmmkay, on my shit list.
honestly, I should just stick to watching tales of the gun in cycles like i have for the past four years

Some good ones (IMO, no order):
*1 = WW1, *2 = WW2, *P = uses WW2 as major plot basis
>Joyeux Noel *1
>Kelly's Heroes *2
>Anthropoid *2
>Hacksaw Ridge *2
>Midway *2
>Tora! Tora! Tora! *2
>Letters From Iwo Jima *2
>Downfall *2
>Das Boot *2
>Casablanca *1
>Bridge Over the River Kwai *2
>Lawrence of Arabia *1
>Dr. Zhivago *1
>African Queen *1
>The Great Escape *2
>The Big Red One *2
>The Great Dictator *1 and 2
>Armour of God 2: Operation Condor *P
>Outpost *P

you shut your whore mouth

wow, thanks friend. you put some effort into that and I appreciate it.

Attached: 1520989307326.gif (320x240, 729K)

Attached: 1529985290504m.jpg (1011x1024, 244K)

Enemy at the Gates is good for some memes but as a historic film is actually complete trash. It's wildly inaccurate, over-dramatized with a bunch of unnecessary shit added to cater to various demographics. In short it's a good setting with a good budget but too Hollywood-ized to be good.

On a loosely related note I wanted to like 9th Company (9ay Rota in Russian) but I feel they fell into the same trap. Not to the same degree, but you can tell where they just added unnecessary shit to pander and spruce things up even though the real story had plenty in order to be both authentic and compelling.

agreed, absolutely awful and degenerate.

>Every second man gets a nugget, every other man gets ammo
>When comrade dies pick up unfired nugget and keep fighting
>no retreat no surrender anyone who takes a step back will be fired upon!

Did this actually happen at the battle of Starvingrad?

Attached: 1518914228452.jpg (780x520, 73K)

Watch Stalingrad (1993), amazing movie with much less of a focus on a singular hero. Very reminiscent of all quiet on the eastern front.

They would have given him a Lubyanka breakfast.
Aka he would have died gloriously in battle fighting the Nazi invaders

Red the book instead. War or the rats.

Spotted the commie

Yeah, but it was super rare, not worth including in a movie

Casablanca was ww2, friend.

>Did this actually happen
>Every second man gets a nugget, every other man gets ammo
Yes. In 1941, when units got encircled and cut from their supplies. They either tried to bust out with half the personnel and under shit CR, surrendered, or did the first, failed, then did the second.
>no retreat no surrender anyone who takes a step back will be fired upon!
A Hollywood-tier misunderstanding of Order No. 227, which included punishments for commanders who ordered a withdrawal without an order from above (as this was the main reason why front kept collapsing over and over again trough 1941), not for enlisted men who retreated without an order (as it was already treason and punishable by death or service in penal units, but required a tribunal sentence). German and British forces actually had similar standing orders since 1941, they are just not as famous.

>Did this actually happen at the battle of Starvingrad?
Neither. And you are confusing two grads.Leningrad was the starving one. In Stalingrad reinforcements didn't really get to live for long enough to develop an appetite.

will do, thanks
that's exactly what I thought, but book. he had to live to fuck again.

I used to jerk off to the sex scene as a kid.

Pearl Harbor

Bullshit excuse for atrocious Red Army performance in 1941. The meme was subsequently stretched onto whole WW2 period.
Russians will blame lack of resources, German superiority, shortcomings of Lend Lease - everything to cover up unprecedented cowardice, lack of morale, incapable leadership that were finally overcome at the cost of 4 milion dead slaves as late as in 1944.

Not really the biggest fan of Hollywood so I like to watch Korean movies. One of my favorites is called taegukgi. Beneath hill 60 is pretty interesting as is winter war. Non related but maybe best war movie of all time imo is apocalypse now(regular version not the redux)

Fucking same here dude, my fucking nigger.