Apartment boys what do you use for home defense? I have 9mm and 7.62x39 firearms atm but I feel like the 7...

Apartment boys what do you use for home defense? I have 9mm and 7.62x39 firearms atm but I feel like the 7.62 is a waste since if I ever used it it would go through a few walls so I don't want that. Is 5.56 better? I want a rifle not just my handgun.

Attached: E95B4461-6BC5-4539-BB2D-87CCB1161AF5.jpg (600x399, 29K)

9mm AR pistol with an armbrace and 2 hollow point mags taped jungle style.

Blunderbuss packed with rocksalt

A rifle? In an apartment? Moron. Go to home depot and buy some sheetrock. Cut it into ft sq pieces and stack them so you can shoot through all. Now you will understand how many walls you can shoot through

7.62 is significantly more likely to punch through the wall and hit your neighbor's dog than the smaller and faster 5.56 (assuming your autistic ass isn't using green tips)
Pick up an AR and buy some Hornady TAP Urban rounds or something similar if collateral is a worry.
I'd agree with you that OP is a moron for using an AK/SKS/Some other slav shit in an apartment, but if you look at ballistic tests, 5.56 usually penetrates less through sheetrock walls than buckshot or many pistol rounds due to it's tendency to fragment.

Attached: ocENGoO.jpg (1152x2048, 208K)

Glock 17 and JHP, so I don't shoot my neighbors

5.56mm can be viable for HD, specifically minimizing over-penetration if you use frangible ammo designed for that exact task, it will still penetrate some walls however. If you use M855 it will be a very poor choice, although slightly less bad than 7.62x39mm FMJ.
A website called the Box O Truth did this exact thing. 5.56 with frangible ammunition does penetrate less than other rounds while maintaining lethality, but does still penetrate quite a bit. Anything powerful enough to stop a person will punch through sheetrock.

That said, it may help decrease the odds of punching through multiple walls and hitting an unintended target with enough energy to kill.

>7.62 is more likely to go through the wall then 5.56
both will go through a wall. 7.62 will go through more walls in a row. 5.56 will fragment and shower the room after the first wall.
take your pick

Get 8M3 and don't miss. Anything that will penetrate a human well will go through at least a couple of sheetrock or plaster walls.

Yeah I agree, unless you have actual frangible ammo on hand nothing larger than .22 is gonna get stopped by sheetrock. That being said, personally I'd rather get hit with some lead splinters rather than an intact bullet, but that might just be me

.308, bystandards are deemed worthy sacrifices.

frangible 40 grain .223 ammo. it will turn into dust after hitting sheetrock at 3600 fps

>I am willing to replace the carpet and have major drywall repairs to prevent you from taking my TV

both rifles are not suited for HD unless you live on a farm. have them both just in case but also have the pistols and shutguns too

Higher chance of being hit with a fragment than the intact bullet.

its all just a gamble with this kind of thing. yoi might not kill a grown man with fragments but you might young children

30-06

Get an AR in 12 gauge don't fuckin kill your neighbors nigger you sound worst than a chink in China who doesn't Care about his fellow citizens

Its the principle that matters here not damages

More like to prevent being raped and murdered. People who break into homes at night, when inhabitants are home, aren't just interested in your TV, dipshit.

walls between apartments have to use fireguard sheetrock by code. There is a little layer of metal in it. #4 buck or 40gr 223 polymer tips should be safe to use

This but unironically

.22lr carbine. Sbs with bird shot. .38spl colt.

Ever kill niggers for sport?

Hollowpoint .45ACP? Maybe buy a home defense grease gun / Thompson.

Glaser Safety Slugs come in .223 and 30-06 according to the wikipedia page.

Used to be an AR with PDX1 defender hollow points.

Now it's a Mossberg 500 with #4 buckshot.

Either of these choices are fine.

The main thing is that you want something that will end a fight in as few shots as possible. Know where your roomates are, find a good defensive position where you aren't likely to hit them, plan on staying there and calling the police if some shit goes down, don't try to clear rooms or do anything stupid.

I have a spot at the top of the stairs right outside my room that leads to a window and outside is a 20 foot brick wall, so my plan is to head over there and stay there (i know my roomates well enough that they wouldnt' mistake me for a bad guy)

If someone were to try to kick down my door I'd hide behind the safe and aim at a 45 degree angle from the door, which would put my neighbor out of the line of fire.

Just some things to think about.

Attached: IMG_0726.jpg (3264x1992, 1.07M)