What style of armour does Geralt wear in Witcher? I think this style is pretty sweet and I want to find more

What style of armour does Geralt wear in Witcher? I think this style is pretty sweet and I want to find more.

Attached: 13cd01453f16ed26bcd0601037e2ab58--the-witcher--warhammer-.jpg (600x904, 100K)

Also, armour thread

Spell armor right and you just might have a thread.

I don't think he's allowed to possess armor in his orwellian shithole, it looks really scary dude and civilians don't need protection

Fuck off burger. Your taste in armour is shit

I believe it's just a gambeson with some leather studded around shoulders and chest

A thin layer of retarded larp gear over what looks to be a very thin arming doublet.

Roman inspired mail armor. The pauldron design is especially uncanny.

I want Isaccs armor

Attached: Dead Space Isaac Casual.png (686x1489, 794K)

Europoors should know better than to misunderestimate American Armour.

Attached: 0001700000931_500X500.jpg (500x500, 34K)

3 really shit the bed in armor design
2 was really Jow Forums when it came to armor

Attached: original.jpg (1600x1029, 299K)

Variations of Maille and half plate.

That's just his default armor which, for me, was discarded immediately.

Its fucking fake fantasy stuff OP, you dumb fucking twelvie. Someone just said "make our monster fighting, magic wielding, superhuman swordsman hero look cool" and the artist did.

Fuck off.

Piecemeal mail over a gambeson.

Are you retarded?
You are the one who is spelling it incorrectly.

Attached: british tank.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

I think that could exist as some like, ultra budget version of chainmaill. Obviously the leather wouldn't be that good, but normally youd just put a pure chain coat over the white stuff he has on his elbows. Considering Geralt's position he'd probably be wearing some actual armor.

Given the massive shit Geralt fights, some of it not even being corporeal, I can see him prioritizing speed over protection

It’s chainmail sandwiched between leather. It looks like he’s wearing a gambison underneath. It’s typical fantasy armor designed to look good but in reality it would protect you about as well as a Gucci handbag.

It wouldn't improve your speed in a burst fight, and it'd only improve your flexability a bit. Real problem would be how bad it would make walking 20 miles on your feet, and heat temperature, as well as hiding your identity.

Geralt would be much better off with heavy armor because it allows you to focus on offense when fighting normal people. The actual difference in speed when in 20 seconds of engagement isn't going to be enough to save you from a real ogre. If I had to guess why real life Geralt would choose chainmail, it'd be to keep a low profile and to weigh less.

Slayer of dragons, protector of virginity
Contain thine orgasms, ladies.

Attached: C46CE101-80DF-4142-A47F-592BCA816A3D.jpg (694x1152, 146K)

>from a real ogre

Attached: 1529571836859.png (576x699, 194K)

Got something to say bitch?

That’s a corset

>What style of armour does Geralt wear in Witcher?
The "80s futuristic biker gang" style
>I want to know more
Nobody ever used armour like that because it's retarded. Just get a mail shirt.

Funnily enough, most NPC soldiers on the continent actually have accurate and period-consistent (latter 15th century western/central european) gear.

Attached: road-warrior-pic.jpg (768x438, 77K)

you will probably have more luck on /tg/
Jow Forums does not really like discussions that are not firearm related

Attached: 1526493846266.jpg (4032x2268, 2.97M)

>can afford guantlets and shin protection
>can't afford a cuiress or full chainmail coat

There are usually half a dozen plane threads and at least a couple of ship and ground vehicle threads up at any time, not to mention all the politics. Armor is not the problem, OP's sexual orientation is

That's pretty common. The gambeson is quite protective by itself, the metal protects all the super vulnerable bits. If your fingers get smashed in combat, chances are they'll never be like before. A busted kneecap? You're out of the fight, and a cripple for good. Even a glancing slice to the neck? You are likely to bleed out. The torso isn't actually that easy to hit in melee.

It happens.
In The Books he pretty much just wears a leather jacket. the wolf school gear would be the closest thing to that.

Not to mention that a shins hurt like hell when they get hit, and a smashed shin can mean amputation or even death with medieval medicine.

Besides, mail was always fairly expensive while by the 15th century cheap plate armour was starting to be made in bona fide assembly lines in northern Italy and southern Germany.

Something that an artist thought looked good. It's shit for actual protection though.

Jow Forums is a weapons board not an armor board.

Is this kind of stuff actually functionally effective, specifically the torso? It looks like fairly thick hardened leather.

Why do people always post the most ugly armor in the game? Witcher 3 has the best looking set in the series.

Attached: grandmaster-ursine-bear-set-look.jpg (1335x846, 250K)

>when you wear sensible realistic armor and get bisected by some madman wearing a longcoat gambeson with chainmail on it

Attached: 20180127100456_1.jpg (1920x1080, 847K)

Cat school = best school

Nails the biker aesthetic while actually using realistic armor elments (brigandine)

Attached: SchoolOfTheCat.jpg (1892x906, 1.28M)

>Cat school = best school
Cat armor is best armor. Cat school are a bunch of lunatics, assassins, bandits and elves.

It's fantasy shit. Not real.

It's cool but it isn't really realistic. The shape of the brigandine is wrong, not angular at the hips. The Brigandine pauldrons are positioned wrong, there's also like, a small few plates that constitute them. The gauntlets are retarded. The little metal guards are dumb. The splint bracers are anachronistic (and too spaced out). The brigandine tassets serve no purpose and are too small. The mail gussets and standard (neck protection) are cool but meh.

Pic related is the real thing.

Attached: 1519745607146.jpg (732x1024, 366K)

In a real fight? No.

Brigandines design-wise are very heterogenous, in the late/mid 15th century. Size of interlocking plates conjoined by rivets vary. But they all are shaped to the fashion of the time - tight to the waist and chest. They're more flexible than a harness/cuirasse, but are very aesthetic. They're covered in fabrics that typically display class distinction.

Damask for nobility, very expensive.
Felt usually for men-at-arms and knights.
Wool for the everyman.
Leather varies, colored leather for the wealthy.
Simple canvas is the cheapest.

Attached: brigandine3.jpg (634x883, 78K)

They're lunatics because the Trial of the Grasses induces it.

Leather brig

Attached: brigandine5.jpg (540x626, 69K)

Sorry but the School of the Manticore had the best armor of all time..

Attached: manticore-armor-witcher-3-blood-and-wine.jpg (1506x963, 177K)

Patrician taste

Witcher 3 armor sets are bad

Witcher 3 armor, if you mix and match with skill, is the best of the series.

Here's some real armor, OP. If you're looking for 'light' armor, don't fall for stupid fantasy memes like 'leather' armor. Fabric armor, like gambesons/jacks/pourpoints were the norm for the common soldier, with many confusing and interchangeable names. They're made, at least in the Medieval period, of multiple layers of fabric pressed together and compacted. Sometimes filled between layers with horn, rings of mail, tow and wool. Eye witnesses in the late middle ages remarked how arrows would bounce off the 'softest jacks' and would barely be pierced by cutting blows. They were actually very effective, and good for northern european winter climates where plate and mail would be more uncomfortable.

Attached: 1519772940859.jpg (1316x1800, 785K)

>Leather doublet with bunches of adjoined stuff
Not really armor, but loreful.

Ciri > Triss > Shani > Keira > Sianna > your right hand > busted up strumpet in the Passiflora > secondhand fleshlight > Yennefer

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Top fucking kek

Tris is a catty little bitch who outright betrays geralt in act iii of the second game. Yenn's just a catty bitch who thought geralt was being a catty bitch.
It's catty bitches all the way down. You think for a bunch of people approaching their 60s they would have their shit in order.

Shani was the best of them all... but goddamn why couldn’t we get more?

Hearts of Stone was honestly the best part of the game.

Bear School brother

It's genuinely hideous, yeah.

Hearts of Stone was the better expansion. Don't get me wrong, Blood and Wine was good, added a bunch of content, and the legendary Witcher gear. But Hearts of Stone had a fantastically written story and combined it with fun quests and interesting back story for the characters.

I was a bit sad when I finished it. But I felt satisfied at the ending I got.

"My life is a ruin"
No shit dude, you alienated your wife, murdered your father-in-law, and made a deal with an actual devil. What did you expect?

Blood and Wine is the better expansion. The main game is grimdark enough and Hearts of Stone is just more of the same taken up a notch.

Blood and Wine has better humor, amazingly beautiful environments, far more gameplay, and ofc it has that fucking fairytale segment.

>ywn have sex in the clouds with the next in line for the throne in a literal farytale land

Shame about the "being an absolute cunt" part though.

It was made for LARPing, though it does look like it would move pretty well.

It might be okay for SCA type stuff if there were some steel plates behind certain spots.

Edgy faggot.

So I kept looking for school of the wolf armor in the game but never found it.

Shouldn't he be in Wolf School armor?

What crawled up your ass and died?

School of the Wolf is hidden around Kaer Morhen

Am I really the only one that played through the entire game in a nice doublet because I knew it would make Yen happy and I wanted to look classy?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

You should try NG+ on DeathMarch without armor because its fucking worthless at that difficulty anyway

I forgot the name of her but the girl whos romance thing was left unfinished (you duel her) was the most gorgeous ever

you're talking about the rich chick you fake giving sword lessons to?
>ywn punish some haughty and aggressive noblewoman by beating her with a sword and then having aggressive sex and attempting to mine to the molten core of the planet through her pelvis

why live

>posted from my edgy faggot hood

Attached: image.jpg (1280x738, 162K)

Ves? Of the Bluestripes?

That was in Assassin of Kings

They want Geralt to larp as an assassin from Assassin's Creed.

Reality

>implying Geralt wouldnt beat the everloving tar out of anyone from AC

Not gonna argue that any of those Assassins would win against a Witcher in a fair fight, but Geralt would probably have a hard time winning against some retard who didn't learn about gravity plunging a knife into his back after freefalling for a good two seconds.

He means Rosa Var Attre

This list is perfect.

yeah shes rlly cute

Attached: witcher3.jpg (1278x720, 74K)

Ehhh debateable. Witchers are mutants and have unnaturally good sight, hearing, smell and reflexes, id wager itd be damn near impossible to ambush one. Plus theyre stupidly tough, like to the point that they could survive anything that doesnt kill them instantly with a potion and a good nights sleep

I remember that happening with Ves in the second game if you went to Kaedweni.
Ves challenges you to a duel in the middle of a tournament, you beat her, then fuck her in her tent afterwards

This elf was the thing I wanted to fuck the most in Witcher 3.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)