Be me

>be me
>Awake at midnight to sounds of clattering and whispering downstairs
>The time has come
>Put on ojiisan's IJA uniform, rising sun bandana, and grab his katana and nambu 14
>Get ready to blast battotai March downstairs via home theater
>Hit play
>The sound of the glorious Japanese hymn causes the western swine to drop everything out of fear of the eastern warrior
> Charge downstairs, katana in hand, nambu in the other
>TENNO HEIKA BANZAI
>One slash of the 1000 times steel folded katana lobs off one of their heads
>The American dog is dead before he hits the ground
>The other gaijin yells "AYO NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK"
>The dishonorable Westerner tackles me from behind, disobeying all laws of Bushido
>No sense of honor
>The round eyed brute manages to wrestle the nambu out of my hand and attempts to pull the trigger
>The gun explodes and launches the slide clean through his skull
>The superior nippon technology is able to kill americans even when they control it
>push them off me and bow to picture of god emperor Hirohito
>Don't even bother to clean up dead gaijins
>Return to bamboo mat and sleep in bloodied uniform
>Dream of pearl harbor
How was your night, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1428034979139.jpg (400x500, 63K)

>Pearl harbor
>Honor

How did the Japs even reconcile this?

>exploding nanbu

Made me kek, here's your (You)

Attached: 7F3DA281-347B-42DA-A2F6-AAFB4934248A-782-000000BFCC80BE2F.png (582x584, 468K)

dumb frogposter

I need a doujin of this encounter.

Not their fault the US Navy said "lol they're not white how could they possibly hurt us" and take absolutely no defensive posture despite mountains of evidence pointing towards an immiment attack on the Pacific fleet.

It really is quite odd how the world worked out for Japan, the fact that we're now such relatively close allies and all.

>exploding nambu

Attached: mysides.gif (384x372, 1.84M)

Not really. This is what humanity does: it takes environmental threats like wolves or Japs and domesticates them.

I suppose you're not wrong. Maybe they're plotting the downfall of western society by poisoning our youth with the "weaboo technique."

I think they're more likely to follow the same route as "man's best friend" and serve a variety of mutally beneficial companionship and utility roles.

>wolves
Japan was never really a "wolf" they were akin to Saddam's Iraq in being a very strong regional power yet not quite being a world power.

>downfall via weebs
I guess we're part of that process desu

As someone who's lived in Japan it's definitely interesting what's happened. All in all Japan seriously benefitted from losing the war. For the longest time they had the second largest economy and to this day have impeccable standards of living.

Honestly if they had our gun laws I'd be living there.

I've heard of a conspiracy theory that FDR staged it with American planes painted like Zeroes.
That's probably not the official story for the nips though

I mean yeah they're like saddams iraq if saddam lasted 3.8 years

>A-bombed into submission
>military occupation of 7 years
>guaranteed trade
>guaranteed freedom from Communism
>total reliance on US armed forces for defense
>everyone in Asia has a huge chip on their shoulder about Japan, and US is only real friend
I wonder why Japan is so close to the US?

You forgot that the US wrote their post-war constitution.

If you say one more thing about my Chinese cartoons I swear I will go fucking mental.

Japanese honour doesn't extend to a sense of fair play towards their enemies (that's a W European chivalrous hold over). It's more about honouring your duty to the nation/emperor etc. so the ends justify the means. Hence the Japanese being so uncommonly nasty towards POWs.

Yes, I am aware of the factors that led to our close friendship, just interesting that those are the factors that arose. As a people they changed immensely.

The Japs were a worthy adversary, that though ruthless, possessed an admirable level of determination and grit. Had they utilized infantry tactics like they did on Iwo Jima earlier on, the war probably would have lasted quite a bit longer
F

No they weren't, they just caused massive problems by waging a war they could never win. The war against Japan was a massive ballache that could have been avoided if the Japs had enough smarts and backbone not to allow military interference in the cabinet.

>As a people they changed immensely.
They were told to change immensely. Their culture supports such a change in response to a humiliating defeat and subsequent orders to change.

>Exproding nambu sent slide through his head
Have a (you) OP

Attached: 69b.png (600x724, 420K)

TPTB knew and let it happen to goad the nation into fighting a war they had wanted no part of

>nippon technology is able to kill americans even when they control it

Attached: mfw.jpg (1219x849, 123K)

Take it you just played Red Orchestra Rising Storm

lost it

Attached: 1515751253305.gif (500x282, 356K)

This

Doesn't explain the Niihau incident. Why are conspiracy theories always so kooky?

That's some misplaced loyalty on display by those Hawai'ins. Granted, I'd rather be owned by Dole than Hirohito, but still.

Yeah im gonna say this is fake

>The dishonorable Westerner tackles me from behind, disobeying all laws of Bushido
>No sense of honor
Bushido doesn't actually ban attacks from the rear. It does however mandate seppuku if you're injured by one.

In honorabu Nippon, it's on you to avoid sneak attacks.

Attached: Nambutana.jpg (639x505, 76K)

>fair play
>war
Are you 12?

In fact, 武士道 doesn't ban any combat technique whatsoever. Victory is honor. Honor is victory.

I mean if it was American planes that attacked Pearl Harbor, why was there a Japanese zero pilot on Niihau, or why did the Niihau Incident happen at all?

>How did the Japs even reconcile this?
They WANTED to issue a formal declaration of war that the US would receive, like, a couple of hours before the planes arrived over Harbor. Needless to say, they fucked up the logistics of such precisely timed missive, with the ambassador of Japan delivering the declaration when Arizona was already scraping it's belly on the harbor's bottom:
>After World War II, Nomura denied that he knew beforehand of the attack.[6] Reportedly Nomura and Kurusu had to personally decode the radioed message of Japan's breaking off the negotiations with the United States (which given the circumstances practically meant war), as it had been sent from Japan on Monday, December 8 and was received when the embassy's technical support staff was still on Sunday holiday. Nomura stated that this is why he had been unable to deliver the message until after the actual attack had taken place.

It was a shamefur dishpray.

Victory is life.

Attached: Ikatika.jpg (363x405, 96K)

Attached: tenno heikai banzai.jpg (1097x800, 557K)

>Declaration of War
Except it wasn't. The document that the ambassadors were decoding didn't declare war, it didn't even officially sever relations. As such, no official declaration of war was made by Japan, and therefore the Americans would have been considered unarmed combatants both before and after the messages were decoded.

From the wikipedia article (yes, it has citations and links):
In 1999, however, Takeo Iguchi, a professor of law and international relations at International Christian University in Tokyo, discovered documents that pointed to a vigorous debate inside the government over how, and indeed whether, to notify Washington of Japan's intention to break off negotiations and start a war, including a December 7 entry in the war diary saying, "[O]ur deceptive diplomacy is steadily proceeding toward success." Of this, Iguchi said, "The diary shows that the army and navy did not want to give any proper declaration of war, or indeed prior notice even of the termination of negotiations ... and they clearly prevailed."

>The document that the ambassadors were decoding didn't declare war, it didn't even officially sever relations
Literally no, but the declaration of war was implied. In Japanese culture it's considered rude to openly declare war. This again shows the lack of cultural sensitivity of the American side.

If the Japs wanted to win, they needed to go balls out on attacking the Soviets after Hitler launched Barbarossa. Baiting Stalin into doing something retarded like sending an army to defend the East May have resulted in him losing the West

Not a single American outside of Washington DC wanted to fight the Japs, and the US would have been in trouble if the Soviets fell and all that was left were the Brits in Europe

>Literally no, but the declaration of war was implied. In Japanese culture it's considered rude to openly declare war. This again shows the lack of cultural sensitivity of the American side.
Just like Japanese cuisine, the beauty of this bait is in the subtlety, absolutely delicious.

kekkle my nekkle

>The round eyed brute manages to wrestle the nambu out of my hand and attempts to pull the trigger
>The superior nippon technology is able to kill americans even when they control it

Attached: BANZAI.png (1280x526, 576K)

Attached: image.jpg (1280x600, 131K)

It was never meant to be a surprise attack, the japs sent an ultimatum but it didn’t get through in time because they sent it as a letter.

You’d have to be 12 to not know about war crimes user

That's a reasonable point, but I'm just saying how dumb those tribal dipshits were for defending US interests in Hawaii.

>push them off me and bow to picture of god emperor Hirohito
>Don't even bother to clean up dead gaijins
>Return to bamboo mat and sleep in bloodied uniform
>Dream of pearl harbor
Kek'd

Attached: Russians in Japanese service.jpg (489x750, 70K)

Victory washes away dishonour.

Attached: fdrdidpearlharbour.jpg (650x577, 185K)

Is this an /a/ meet?

Attached: 1523400110151.gif (512x807, 469K)

我は官軍、我が敵は
天地容れざる朝敵ぞ~

Attached: 3h8oaob5gwvy.jpg (600x478, 59K)

>pretending Pearl Harbor was actually a sneak-attack

that probably isn't true but FDR and the US military probably knew about Pearl Harbor in advanced and decided to just roll with it to get a good war justification against the Axis Powers, since they knew war against them would be inevitable.

All's fair in love and war etc. but it's more to do with having at least a slither of respect for human life, regardless of whether you are at war or not.

Attached: Screenshot_20180713-111817.jpg (1080x1920, 396K)