Should I get a troy xm177e2 clone or dsa sa58 para for my first gun? Leaning towards Troy

Should I get a troy xm177e2 clone or dsa sa58 para for my first gun? Leaning towards Troy

Attached: AA1E595F-EC69-4B3F-9678-45A627A1C17D.jpg (300x150, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cmPxi13rkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Troy
>in b4 muh ruby ridge

Don't know about the brands, the Para is a pretty gun

I have a huge boner for anything FAL-like, but an 5.56mm AR-15 is more starterfriendly.

This. Also a Troy gun will be better quality than a DSA gun.

Brownells has a nice xm177 clone. They use nodak forges for their lowers. I'm about to do a retro build myself if i can find a good colt upper parts kit for a fair price.
As always, i recommend taking the time to learn how to put one together rather than buying it. It's a great way to jump into this hobby and you'll appreciate your gun a whole lot more.

CAR-15 because everybody needs a gookshooter

Troys xm177 doesn't use the correct delta ring if that kind of thing matters to anyone

troy makes a much better repro than brownells macs got a video on it

>who the fuck is mac?
To be fair, i didn't know troy had any repros until 15 minutes ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=0cmPxi13rkM

The Troy XM177 is more accurate than Brownells; gets all of the period details correct whereas Brownells uses a lot of off-the-shelf and cheap components like a plastic buttstock, standard front sight base and A2 port cover.

Neither does the new Colt "re-issue" and they charge over double the price for that garbage.
Brownells is somewhat decent, but it's $100 more than the Troy and Brownells doesn't come with all the cool extra shit and they still cheaped out on the furniture. (Troy has the proper Aluminum butt-stock, whereas Brownells uses a plastic one.)
Brownells does have some QC problems though that concern me as several other people have pointed out before.
(I got some of their "retro" waffle AR mags and the finish on them sucked, it just rubbed right off.)

>brownells xm177
>$1200
>troy xm177
>$1200
>colt "reissue"
>probably double
this is justified......how? just a "cornering the market" thing? is it really that hard to make these?

Attached: burglar-wearing-mask-aiming-gun-towards-camera-KCNP1E.jpg (1300x1090, 81K)

>is it really that hard to make these?
yes because most of those parts have been long out of production. the tooling to make them is long gone. its costly because they have to pay off the tooling and machinery

Actually the tapered delta ring is correct for an XM177E2.

Attached: CAR-15-Model-639-02.jpg (565x400, 36K)

Delts ring is correct for the XM-177

Flat Slip rings were only for triangle handguards.

The XM will be a lot easier to learn on, but it's an odd choice for a starting gun.
Of all the Brownells retro ARs their XM is easily the weakest of the lot. Several sizable inaccuracies and $100 more than Troy's.

Attached: WP_20171105_004[1].jpg (2777x1373, 1.23M)

FIRST gun? As in ever? Why don't go for a 10/22? Incredibly cheap to buy and cheap to feed

I already have money saved up, I’ve been saving money for a gun for years

Alright I mean if you know what you want might as well go for it. But you'll learn how much is sucks to feed any rifle. I mean I play like 28 bucks for 100 rounds of 7.62x39 at my lgs; where 28 bucks could buy me well over three times that amount. Which equals more training and more time at the range

Am I having a massive deja vu or has this thread been a ver batim rehash from a week or two ago

It's not "hard" it's merely economy of scale. Standard AR's are cheap as they are because literally everybody makes them these days and that reduces the overall price. On the other hand non-standard parts like those that go into XM177 repros are made in relatively small numbers so they cost more. It's the difference between a mass-market paperback and a limited-run leather-bound edition.

>OMG why does this built-upon-order AR that uses loads of specialty components produced in small quantities cost a decent amount of money!?
Try to fucking think for once.

Pfft. If OP has the money he should just get the Troy. Let's be real. 5.56 recoil isn't THAT much heavier than .22lr. It's just as good to learn on if he has the coin.